Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 91 of 91

Thread: New Manager Tomorrow??

  1. #51
    Bounced Out! Cantona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh West
    Posts
    1,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    No matter who we get as a manager he needs decent money to build his own team. Mowbray was lucky he inherited a great bunch of kids.
    Wenger and Lippi combined could not do anything with Gathussi,Nobussie,Makalamby,O Brien,Morais,Kerr,A.Curior,Donaldson
    As your granny used to say you canny make a silk purse oot a sows ear

  2. #52
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most successful Cowdenbeath boss ever..

    Successful in Finland. It appears to me he's served his apprenticeship with success...


    Knows the Scottish game. Knows Hibs.

    Is there any evidence to suggest he's an inferior candidate?

    Apart from yet to experience losing a dressing room, falling out with supporters and taking a successful side from the top of the Championhip to the bottom, blaming your board for selling a few of your better players and not reinvesting and getting sacked...
    Sorry but that doesn't place him any higher than Simpson imo and the rest is merely fan talk . Mixu may well become a top manager but he's hardly managed above amateur level as yet

  3. #53
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but that doesn't place him any higher than Simpson imo and the rest is merely fan talk . Mixu may well become a top manager but he's hardly managed above amateur level as yet
    Cowdenbeath was a good enough a starting point for Levein to go to the Gunts..

  4. #54
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cowdenbeath was a good enough a starting point for Levein to go to the Gunts..
    Indeed it was , so whats wrong with someone having done well at Rochdale and Carlisle (far higher standard than Cowden or whatever the team in Finland is)
    Talking about Levein , he is doing well at Utd after total failure down south is he not ?

  5. #55
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed it was , so whats wrong with someone having done well at Rochdale and Carlisle (far higher standard than Cowden or whatever the team in Finland is)
    Talking about Levein , he is doing well at Utd after total failure down south is he not ?
    Levein knows the Scottish game. His failure down south was proof IMO he didn't know the English game..

  6. #56
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Levein knows the Scottish game. His failure down south was proof IMO he didn't know the English game..
    I think this "scottish game , english game" thing is a bit of a myth to be honest .
    Is the ball a different shape down there , are the rules different ?

  7. #57
    Hungry Radge



    blue toon hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    PETERHEAD
    Posts
    11,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    469

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most successful Cowdenbeath boss ever..

    Successful in Finland. It appears to me he's served his apprenticeship with success...

    Knows the Scottish game. Knows Hibs.

    Is there any evidence to suggest he's an inferior candidate?

    Apart from yet to experience losing a dressing room, falling out with supporters and taking a successful side from the top of the Championhip to the bottom, blaming your board for selling a few of your better players and not reinvesting and getting sacked...
    Sounds like you have his card marked already then. Whoever is appointed, we need to give him time and our support. Whether or not we are willing to admit it, he has a rebuilding job on his hands. Judging by TC's post-match interview on the official site, he has all but admitted defeat in his attempts to turn things around - as did Collins - so the next man in the job will need our patience. As far as I'm concerned, he starts with a clean slate.

  8. #58
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by blue toon hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like you have his card marked already then. Whoever is appointed, we need to give him time and our support. Whether or not we are willing to admit it, he has a rebuilding job on his hands. Judging by TC's post-match interview on the official site, he has all but admitted defeat in his attempts to turn things around - as did Collins - so the next man in the job will need our patience. As far as I'm concerned, he starts with a clean slate.
    I don't have 'his card marked already'.

    However, is this not the correct place to honestly debate his credentials etc? He's not yet been appointed and the evidence concerns me. I'm just being honest.

    I think there are better more obvious candidates out there. Available and desparate to come to us. However, there's compensation and issues of personality so that's that eh with this board...

    If he's appointed i'll support him 100%. Put it this way he'll get more support from a sceptical support than the board who appointed him.

  9. #59
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have 'his card marked already'.

    However, is this not the correct place to honestly debate his credentials etc? He's not yet been appointed and the evidence concerns me. I'm just being honest.

    I think there are better more obvious candidates out there. Available and desparate to come to us. However, there's compensation and issues of personality so that's that eh with this board...

    If he's appointed i'll support him 100%. Put it this way he'll get more support from a sceptical support than the board who appointed him.
    Such as ?

  10. #60
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Such as ?
    Well outwith Rantic every other Scottish boss for a start.

    The Hibs job is a big job. It's not the biggest but it's bigger than most.

    Top 4 Scottish side. Beautiful Capital city side. Average gates of 15,000. Proud history.

    Another name i'd through in the mix is Darren Ferguson.

  11. #61
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well outwith Rantic every other Scottish boss for a start.

    The Hibs job is a big job. It's not the biggest but it's bigger than most.

    Top 4 Scottish side. Beautiful Capital city side. Average gates of 15,000. Proud history.

    Another name i'd through in the mix is Darren Ferguson.
    No chance mate not a chance in the world.
    Lots of cities are beautiful (mostly to those who come from there) but not a bearing imo .
    Darren Ferguson , aye he's not living on his dads reputation or nothing (like he did as a player)

  12. #62
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance mate not a chance in the world.
    Lots of cities are beautiful (mostly to those who come from there) but not a bearing imo .
    Darren Ferguson , aye he's not living on his dads reputation or nothing (like he did as a player)
    What Scottish based manager would turn us down?

    Wouldn't want Calderwood from Aberdeen but i bet he'd jump at the chance..

    Edinburgh is a huge pull. Of course it is. Are you saying London isn't a pull over every other English city for English clubs?

    Darren Ferguson is doing a very good job. Maybe his Dad would lend us Rooney and Ronaldo.. Until Petrie knocks back the travel expenses of course..

  13. #63
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Scottish based manager would turn us down?

    Wouldn't want Calderwood from Aberdeen but i bet he'd jump at the chance..

    Edinburgh is a huge pull. Of course it is. Are you saying London isn't a pull over every other English city for English clubs?

    Darren Ferguson is doing a very good job. Maybe his Dad would lend us Rooney and Ronaldo.. Until Petrie knocks back the travel expenses of course..
    Well we'll never know about managers but i think you're totally wrong.
    Edinburgh a huge pull , sorry i doubt that too i doubt it would rank in the top 5 reasons to take the job.

  14. #64
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we'll never know about managers but i think you're totally wrong.
    Edinburgh a huge pull , sorry i doubt that too i doubt it would rank in the top 5 reasons to take the job.
    What SPL managers would turn us down?

    I bet Frail would take it!

  15. #65
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What SPL managers would turn us down?

    I bet Frail would take it!
    I bet he already does

  16. #66
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he already does
    A new meaning to GJP.

  17. #67
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What SPL managers would turn us down?

    I bet Frail would take it!
    Levein , McGhee , Hughes (said he wasn't interested i think) Brewster (moved once and regretted it) its a poisoned chalice with the financial limitations

  18. #68
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What SPL managers would turn us down?

    I bet Frail would take it!
    I'm struggling to think of one who would come to Hibs in the current climate.

    OF - no way
    Levein - wage drop, Hertz thing
    Calderwood - wage drop, Aberdeen can't pay him enough so how could we?
    Hughes - RP thing
    Jefferies - Hertz thing, he doesn't like us, we don't like him
    McGhee - Knocked him back before, emotionally tied to 'Well with recent events.
    Macpherson - potentially but why?
    Frail - doubt it, Hertz thing
    Brewster - just back at ICT, learned his lesson, enjoying success
    Irons - possibly, wages?

  19. #69
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm struggling to think of one who would come to Hibs in the current climate.

    OF - no way
    Levein - wage drop, Hertz thing
    Calderwood - wage drop, Aberdeen can't pay him enough so how could we?
    Hughes - RP thing
    Jefferies - Hertz thing, he doesn't like us, we don't like him
    McGhee - Knocked him back before, emotionally tied to 'Well with recent events.
    Macpherson - potentially but why?
    Frail - doubt it, Hertz thing
    Brewster - just back at ICT, learned his lesson, enjoying success
    Irons - possibly, wages?
    IMO every one would jump at the chance. Why do you think Bobby left Killie?

    After Rantic is there a bigger job in Scotland?

  20. #70
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    113

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    OF - Not a chance
    Levein - Dunno for defo, but would think they pay better wages
    Calderwood - Why would he want to leave them for us?
    Hughes - Hates Petrie
    Jefferies - Hearts issue
    McGhee - He would maybe
    Macpherson - He would jump at the move, surely.
    Brewster - I think he would maybe be interested in it.
    Irons - Course he would. If we ever got knocked back by a Gretna manager, we should call it a day.

  21. #71
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OF - Not a chance
    Levein - Dunno for defo, but would think they pay better wages
    Calderwood - Why would he want to leave them for us?
    Hughes - Hates Petrie
    Jefferies - Hearts issue
    McGhee - He would maybe
    Macpherson - He would jump at the move, surely.
    Brewster - I think he would maybe be interested in it.
    Irons - Course he would. If we ever got knocked back by a Gretna manager, we should call it a day.
    Aberdeen with gates at home of around 10,000.. He knows the Sheep don't like him despite their success.. Back down in the central belt.. He'd jump..

    Levein would as well.

    Hughes would crawl all the way..

    Jefferies would crawl all the way..
    People forget why GJP & Bobby left Motherwell & Kilmarnock.. Is our confidence so low?

  22. #72
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO every one would jump at the chance. Why do you think Bobby left Killie?

    After Rantic is there a bigger job in Scotland?
    A green tinted outlook such as yours is one of the reasons that the Board will continue to be able to shaft us.

    Why is the Hibs job the 3rd biggest job in Scotland? We're way down the League and without going into all the fanbase, stadia, past honours debate why are we such a big deal?

  23. #73
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen with gates at home of around 10,000.. He knows the Sheep don't like him despite their success.. Back down in the central belt.. He'd jump..

    Levein would as well.

    Hughes would crawl all the way..

    Jefferies would crawl all the way..
    People forget why GJP & Bobby left Motherwell & Kilmarnock.. Is our confidence so low?
    Money, I would imagine.

    The package now imo will no longer be what it was then.

    I think you're wrong with your assumptions about those Managers, if they were going to get money to spend I'd possibly agree but they like us know how much Hibs have made recently and they've heard the same as us.

  24. #74
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A green tinted outlook such as yours is one of the reasons that the Board will continue to be able to shaft us.

    Why is the Hibs job the 3rd biggest job in Scotland? We're way down the League and without going into all the fanbase, stadia, past honours debate why are we such a big deal?
    Ok. Outwith Rantic what job is a bigger and better job in Scotland for a manager than our one?

  25. #75
    Skivin cooncil Radge
    greencol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    peterhead
    Posts
    7,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    405

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well outwith Rantic every other Scottish boss for a start.

    The Hibs job is a big job. It's not the biggest but it's bigger than most.

    Top 4 Scottish side. Beautiful Capital city side. Average gates of 15,000. Proud history.

    Another name i'd through in the mix is Darren Ferguson.
    Aye well yer a week too late.

    I mentioned Darren Ferguson on another thread!:YAYYY:

    Go & find your own scapegoat----errr, manager.
    Ever play this game chief?

  26. #76
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok. Outwith Rantic what job is a bigger and better job in Scotland for a manager than our one?
    Obviously I'm not in a position to know the figures involved but I'm sure other Clubs pay more, other Clubs have a chance of buying players, other Clubs have an equal or better chance of winning silverware and other Clubs back their Managers.

    I don't think Calderwood or Levein would consider the Hibs job bigger than theirs.

  27. #77
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Calderwood or Levein would consider the Hibs job bigger than theirs.
    Aberdeen average 4000 less than us.

    Dundee Utd average half our gate..

    Maybe it's the board they'd want to avoid..

  28. #78
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen average 4000 less than us.

    Dundee Utd average half our gate..

    Maybe it's the board they'd want to avoid..
    Just because we have more punters in a bigger City wanting to pay their money doesn't imo make it a more appealing job.

    You may be on to something with the final thought there!

  29. #79
    I'm a Radge Donator


    eckmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Posts
    1,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because we have more punters in a bigger City wanting to pay their money doesn't imo make it a more appealing job.

    You may be on to something with the final thought there!
    I think the title of this thread makes all the comments irrelevant,or is it tommorrow we are talking about.
    "history is the foundation upon which the future is built"

  30. #80
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by eckmf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the title of this thread makes all the comments irrelevant,or is it tommorrow we are talking about.
    With our board tomorrow NEVER comes..

  31. #81
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6578 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because we have more punters in a bigger City wanting to pay their money doesn't imo make it a more appealing job.

    You may be on to something with the final thought there!
    We'll agree to disagree. A sad day though if we're not viewed by our support as bigger and better than Dundee Utd..

  32. #82
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll agree to disagree. A sad day though if we're not viewed by our support as bigger and better than Dundee Utd..
    I think you're completely missing my point, it's not our opinion of us that counts, it's that of the potential Manager and the people running the Club.

    We are a bigger Club but unfortunately it doesn't follow that it is a better job if you catch my drift. A lot has been made of the debacle across the City which centres around the fact that a Manager is not allowed to Manage, I would suggest that we have a similar problem the difference being the Manager of Hibs will be allowed to Manage but will have one arm tied behind his back and will be forced to hop for good measure.

  33. #83
    Radge Private Member




    Bannox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Darn Sarf
    Posts
    4,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Decal Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're completely missing my point, it's not our opinion of us that counts, it's that of the potential Manager and the people running the Club.

    We are a bigger Club but unfortunately it doesn't follow that it is a better job if you catch my drift. A lot has been made of the debacle across the City which centres around the fact that a Manager is not allowed to Manage, I would suggest that we have a similar problem the difference being the Manager of Hibs will be allowed to Manage but will have one arm tied behind his back and will be forced to hop for good measure.
    I think the poor point is the new Hibs boss will be expected to



    MANAGE






    manage (mnj)
    v. managed, managing, manages
    v.tr.
    1. To direct or control the use of;
    2.
    a. To exert control over.
    b. To make submissive to one's authority, discipline, or persuasion.
    3. To direct the affairs or interests of: .


    And my personal favorite


    4. To succeed in accomplishing or achieving, especially with difficulty; contrive or arrange


    'A man will fight for many things, Glory, his country, the glistening tear on a childs cheek........

    But personally I'd mud wrestle my mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack full of French porn'

  34. #84
    Snuff Munching Radge

    Decal Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Currie
    Posts
    6,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bannox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the poor point is the new Hibs boss will be expected to



    MANAGE






    manage (mnj)
    v. managed, managing, manages
    v.tr.
    1. To direct or control the use of;
    2.
    a. To exert control over.
    b. To make submissive to one's authority, discipline, or persuasion.
    3. To direct the affairs or interests of: .


    And my personal favorite


    4. To succeed in accomplishing or achieving, especially with difficulty; contrive or arrange

    Exactly!

  35. #85
    The Hibee Formerly Known As Ayegudyin
    AngusB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between Zurich and Tollcross
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    paul simpson on the front page of the scotsman this morning, saying he's been offered it and Mixu will take it if he doesn't. No idea about this guy PS, mixu knows hibs, so did collins. maybe its a bad thing to know too much about the club before hand, might be good for this simpson guy to come in with no preconceptions... I heard he paid his own way into love street on saturday. hopefully he'll not piss about and see the club for what it is (which at the minute aint much...)

    gonna just sit back and watch for 6 months

  36. #86
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4711 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2943

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Mixu knows Hibs but I think that he is a different kettle of fish to some of the other ex players that have flopped at ER.

    He will be coming into a dressingroom where nobody played with him - so unlike Franck there will be none of the petty stuff from former team mates.

    He is a huge personality in so many ways - when GJP was boss he openly admitted that the team was being policed internally by Mixu, Lovell and Laursen. Mixu was the main influence in getting people geed up and kept in line. It was his idea for them all to shave their heads on the German pre-season tour as a team bonding things. He transcended all the factions as well - he got on with everyone, yet nobody would mess with him. GJP often let him, Colgan, Lovell and Smith decide internal disciplinary sanctions - believing that if the players had ownership of team discipline they would toe the line more. It worked for all bar one...whilst the Flying Finn was there.

    He has served time at Central Park and then done fine in Finland (3rd in league iirc?).

    He loves the club and will bring that as a positive I think.

    IF he gets the job I dont think there will be many dissenting voices - and at the moment we also need some unity on and off the park.

    Shavers at the ready guys.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  37. #87
    I'm a Radge Donator



    Forzahibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glenrothes
    Posts
    31,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3814 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1497

    Re: New Manager Tomorrow??

    Quote Originally Posted by greencol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye well yer a week too late.

    I mentioned Darren Ferguson on another thread!:YAYYY:

    Go & find your own scapegoat----errr, manager.
    Aye he doesn't know when he's beaten (unlike his wife allegedly )

  38. #88
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2726 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    693
    Should've went for Simpson
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  39. #89
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2512 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should've went for Simpson
    OJ?


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  40. #90
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,085
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2726 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OJ?
    Murder
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  41. #91
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2512 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1355
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murder
    Not guilty m’lud


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Can we win the tie tomorrow?
    By hibby fan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-10, 15:27
  2. Tomorrow is a big day for us!
    By Hibs12thMan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-10, 13:36
  3. under 19s tomorrow
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-09, 19:42
  4. 19s tomorrow
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-08-09, 21:14
  5. How many going tomorrow
    By Panchohfc in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-03-08, 09:56

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •