Quoted
    1924 Post(s)
    vCash

ON THIS DAY: Anderlecht away...

ON THIS DAY:

15 Years Ago,
    Tuesday 29 Sep 1992

Anderlecht 1 - 1 Hibernian : Link Here

No programme for this game (yet...) but I know there will be some good stories!

31 Years Ago,
    Wednesday 29 Sep 1976

Sochaux vs Hibernian (0-0) : Link Here

Any one make this game? big trip for a nil nil draw
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: ON THIS DAY: Anderlecht away...

Probably my best ever moments as a Hibby..what a trip that was. Nae sleep for days, driving home on our bus with a broken window, the driver terrorirsing us with the same Shakatak tape for hours on end and then two hours sleep before work on the Friday. One of our mates sleeping in an missing the busses back home and eventualy travelling back wi the team, being interviewd by the Evening News and not being able to give his name cos he had phoned in sick at work to make the trip! Mind being at Partick I think on the Saturday and feeling like I'd just done 15 rounds wi Mike Tyson.

Couldnae get "Alex Miller's green and white army" song out my head for about two days after we got back.

Superb!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    vCash

yip a good trip remember the day of the game all the fans in the big square singing and drinking does'nt seem 15 years ago must be getting old

A True Gadgie/Gadgess Hampden_Hibby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ON THIS DAY:

15 Years Ago,
    Tuesday 29 Sep 1992

Kenny, here's a couple of scans for the Anderlecht away 'programme' if you want them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nderlecht1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nderlecht2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    yip a good trip remember the day of the game all the fans in the big square singing and drinking does'nt seem 15 years ago must be getting old
    Agreed the square was goodif a little expensive.Some of us decided to head of somewhere else for a look around,we turned of into a side street where we were confronted,by around 10 polis.Apparently some guys had done a runner from a bar or restaurant and somebody had to be lifted for this henious crime.Step forward,maself ,mick mk,elliot j,fraser n,dode d,begs,horse,and another couple whose names elude me at this time.No questions asked straight into the meat wagon,this must have been at around 15.00hrs.we were taken to polis hq and put into tiny cages,because we were'nt carrying any id they would'nt let us out.Eventully they moved us to a cell with a in one corner a single light bulb in the ceilling.Every hour they would pass a plastic bowl of water through a hole in the door to share amongst 7 guys.:wa**ker:Eventually at around 4 o'clock next morning we were released without charge feckin starvin and thirsty.luckily this was the day before the game and after a couple of hours kip it was back to the bevvyin.We laugh about it now but what a bunch o tossers all the same

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

jumped on the 32 bus for that trip just got home ...fukn knackerin journey

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4584 Post(s)
    vCash

Just about to go out to the game the now but in the words of Max Boyce re Anderlecht "I was there"...

The memories are too many to relay in a couple of mins before toddling down to ER but will try to pop back later on and relay a few of them.

Busloads of Huns at Dover may feature mind

Oh and Le Grand Place in Brussels...

The water cannons, doberdugs and mad Moroccans

Best Hibs game I have ever been to - trip of a lifetime. Only time we have ever sung for nearly two hours solid at a game with no relenting whatsoever. Mental madness that was magic.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Pedantic Fact Hunting Radge Grandad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    vCash

Seem to remember at Dover the Huns were spoiling for a fight and the ferry companies decided that all the fans from different clubs had to be segregated onto different boats.

Airdrie (remember them!) had the furthest to travel at the other side so they (both busloads) got to go on a boat before us.

The mad Morroccans were mental.. Baseball bats and cruisng around Brussels looking for small groups (or single) hibbys to attack!

The bus in front of us on the way to the game had a windae tanned in when we were all stopped at a set of traffic lights!

The pub outside the Stade Van Den Stock was the most run down establishment I have ever seen.. no glass (or anything) in the windows and the loo was a muddy hole in the ground..

Nice stadium though!
    " This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist ". - Ian Archer

Poros Massive Radge Johnny Vegas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

trip of a lifetime-an eye opener

i presume i was on the same bus as sg7nil and gav but i was the muggins that was sitting next to the window that got done in and had to sit next to a plank of wood wedged in with a brush till we got to dover

i only wish i'd took a camera

'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    ON THIS DAY:

15 Years Ago,
    Tuesday 29 Sep 1992

31 Years Ago,
    Wednesday 29 Sep 1976

Sochaux vs Hibernian (0-0) : Link Here

Any one make this game? big trip for a nil nil draw
    Erm........1-1 was the score with Jackson getting the goal.

I was unemployed at the time, desparate to go to the game and totally skint.

A few weeks before the game I put my last twenty quid on an eight team accumulator for the last 8 league cup ties in Scotland. It came up and the 260 was keenly invested in a train all the way there with two nights stay in a hotel with Bill, Tam, Masher, Dermot and Pete.

Jeezo......just remembered the Hibby Pirates relentless snoring

fj - didnt put on my line this week and it came up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fieryjack View Post

A few weeks before the game I put my last twenty quid on an eight team accumulator for the last 8 league cup ties in Scotland. It came up and the 260 was keenly invested in a train all the way there with two nights stay in a hotel with Bill, Tam, Masher, Dermot and Pete.

fj - didnt put on my line this week and it came up
    Sochaux was the 0-0.

I went to Anderlecht and never saw a mad Moroccan or bit of bother the whole three days

Was the programme scan above official. I have always been told no programme was ever made for that match.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess SteveIrwin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash

probably THE best trip ever. Bit hairy at times and thought we might never come home alive, but wicked trip and dont think i'd manage to do that again at my age now. Amazing memories. Hopefully one day we will meet another Belgian club in Europe.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess SteveIrwin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hampden_Hibby View Post
    Kenny, here's a couple of scans for the Anderlecht away 'programme' if you want them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nderlecht1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nderlecht2.jpg
    found a mint full-size colour poster of that team shot at my mothers the other day

Serious Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by THE GAZZETTE View Post
    Apparently some guys had done a runner from a bar or restaurant and somebody had to be lifted for this henious crime.Step forward,maself ,mick mk,elliot j,fraser n,dode d,begs,horse,and another couple whose names elude me at this time.No questions asked straight into the meat wagon,this must have been at around 15.00hrs.
    If it was for doing a runner from Pizza Hut in the City Centre I must pass on mine and the 2 mates that I was withs sincerest apologies! ?/em We thought we had got away with the biggest crime since The Great Train Robbery too!

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash

Aye, that Anderlecht outing was some event!

Joined a Hibs bus in Amsterdam with my brother-in-law and a colleague of his, a Man U supporting Mancunian (in short supply these days).

Anyhoo, remember a lot of bovver from CSS types on the bus, hanging off the luggage racks on the motorway south at nearly 100kph (worrying), same types giving grief to anyone who didn't have an Embra accent (distressing - we had to get a bit 'firm' when they confronted the Man U fan next to us)... and that was all just a starter for ten.

Then got out at that big square the buses were directed to the day with water cannons, spotlights everywhere and cops coming out of the woodwork. Never realised we were so dangerous!

After the game we went to a bar and had a great crack with an old Charleroi supporter who - as you would expect - gave us an 'alternative' view on the bunch of fannies that were Anderlecht at the time

Then stayed too long in the bar, walked the streets of Brussels looking in vain for a local train or tram running out of the city to a wee town where we had arranged to stay with a rellie of the Man U fan. Ended up negotiating a deal with a taxi driver so we could pay in pounds (had no Belgian francs left on us by then!) and finally got to where we had to be at about eight the next morning, shattered but oddly in a good mood despite the result the night before.

Must have been a top point for Alex Miller, the continuous renditions of his green and white army song. Would have been even more appropriate if we had won 1-0 as we tended to do under him....
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

American Fitba' Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fieryjack View Post

That's a scurrilous lie!! It couldn't have been that bad, it never kept me awake.

Vague memories - Sitting having a meal just off the Grande Place then realising FieryJack had gone "walkabout". Masher taking a whitey in one pub and barfing on the floor. Spraffing with Paul Coia's brother (cousin?) in his restaurant at the Manikin Pis (the statue had acquired a Hibs scarf). Going up to to Heysel the day after the game, wandering around mini-Europe and going up the Atomium. I'll need to see about scanning the photies (pre-digital cameras).

Put the Feckin Lotion in the Basket Radge!
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash

I actually have a video of the whole game - we got a guy in the local boozer where we were staying in Ostend to tape it for us. Commentary is is Flemish, feckin' hillarious, especially when Joe T got booked after 7 seconds! They also make mention of Hibs skinheads . Don't think they knew how to say CCS.

Talking of which, the CCS went a bit radge before the game did they not? Remember being in the tube station before-hand and you could tell it ws going to kick-off later on. That boy got his throat cut by the Morrocans, then a lot of scarfers got caught up in the tear-gas incident before the game.

Not long after, a scarfer with ginger hair (sorry, can't recall his name) that was on the Carlton Bus got arrested with a bunch of the casuals. I thought that was him for the night but then some random Belgian guy came up to me and took me over to the group that had been arrested, went into the middle of the group, freed the ginger guy and "handed him over" to me. Turns out he had been talking to us in the Gran Plaz before the game, he was an undercover cop and knew that Ginger was not a "hooligan".

Anyway, back to the video....

Anyone able to get the original video onto DVD? If so let me know and the original VHS can be borrowed (as long as you make me a copy ).
    God Bless Mummy C
    Original fan of the HFC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by zondervan View Post
    I actually have a video of the whole game - we got a guy in the local boozer where we were staying in Ostend to tape it for us. Commentary is is Flemish, feckin' hillarious, especially when Joe T got booked after 7 seconds! They also make mention of Hibs skinheads . Don't think they knew how to say CCS.

Talking of which, the CCS went a bit radge before the game did they not? Remember being in the tube station before-hand and you could tell it ws going to kick-off later on. That boy got his throat cut by the Morrocans, then a lot of scarfers got caught up in the tear-gas incident before the game.

Not long after, a scarfer with ginger hair (sorry, can't recall his name) that was on the Carlton Bus got arrested with a bunch of the casuals. I thought that was him for the night but then some random Belgian guy came up to me and took me over to the group that had been arrested, went into the middle of the group, freed the ginger guy and "handed him over" to me. Turns out he had been talking to us in the Gran Plaz before the game, he was an undercover cop and knew that Ginger was not a "hooligan".

Anyway, back to the video....

Anyone able to get the original video onto DVD? If so let me know and the original VHS can be borrowed (as long as you make me a copy ).
    i got a copy of both legs on dvd on ebay

hib support is class in the away leg,never realised it was that packed,you can actually see hibs fans being strecherd away after we scored

i can see my 15 year old self down the front

i've no idea how to copy them though

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    i got a copy of both legs on dvd on ebay

hib support is class in the away leg,never realised it was that packed,you can actually see hibs fans being strecherd away after we scored

i can see my 15 year old self down the front

i've no idea how to copy them though
    Fae a guy in Spain ? I have both too complete with belgian commentary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    yeah,excellent copies

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    yeah,excellent copies
    I ve got a rather tasty cover for it (made been a rather clever Bouncer) for the dvd if you want it

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1779 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    I've had DVDs from that guy before as well, good stuff, got a list of all the games he has somewhere will try and dig it out, think he's been barred from ebay now.
    until the sky turns green

GoGO Back To Forum