Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash

Players ratings after todays performance

Being home all ready i thought i would give my ratings for a change, dont usually but as i will probably be one of the first ones back here goes.

McNeil - 8 - Made some great saves, particularly when Burchill was clean through, only positive today IMO.
    Whittaker - 4 - Passing was not there. Thought ivan coming on would have helped but it didn't. Was to slow in releasing the ball. Was to blame for Burchills one on one.
    Murphy - 5 - Did not get the chance to play his usual football. Played decent enough.
    Jones - 5 - Done what was needed, panicked on several occasions when an easy pass was on
    Hogg - 5 - Just when i thought he was improving, his old trates were back. The usual 40 yard straight passes humped up to Benji and Fletch were there. not good enough distribution.
    Chilsolm - 6 - Done what was asked of him, broke up the play well i thought. Passing was ok, just seemed a bit lightweight.
    Stevenson - 5 - Not one of his better games, made a couple of errors, but still his more experienced team mates did nothing to inspire him.
    Boozy - 3 - Slow, pass when he should have held it , and vice versa, i would drop him for next sunday, been given to many chances now.
    Brown - 5 - Was full of running as usual, but again could not get into a passing game. Everyone seemed a yard of the pace.
    Benji - 5 - No service what so ever, was deemed missing in the first half, after a good shift and causing their right back chaous in the first half.
    Fletcher - 4 - Had a couple of half chances, but the more i see him play in "ugly games" the more i think he is not an out an out striker. But like Benji no service what so ever.

As for the subs, Deano was a wasted sub imo, i let my voice be heard as i wondered why it had taken JC so long to put him on, would have hooked Lewis and Chisolm at half time for Deano and Ivan who did come on. Ivan was quiet after the first ten minutes in the first half.

Overall a pathetic performance and that is being polite. There seemed no passion and crisp passing, speaking of passing, afew of them should work on that department. Hapless and a big reality check imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Players ratings after todays performance

unfortunately i feel that Hibs are now concentrating on the cup which doesnae bode well for me on Sunday

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash

I would have gave Boozy zero, he is an imposter now a days. Brown tried, and deserved a six, otherwise Stevie is spot on.

Stop diving Zemmama, and Collins, get Dean Sheils on when it can still matter.

Tactically shambolic, no passion and awaful to watch. Did we manage a shot on goal?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4923 Post(s)
    vCash

ZERO for them all

Hibs are standing on the brink of history...
    They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.

Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

Since 1875

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash

What happened to the French Magic in Boozy. Hes pish. Since hes been back hes done nothing useful, he should be dropped.

Brown, Jones, Murphy - Tried all through the game, couldnt get the break and Murphy lost it a bit towards the end.

Stevenson and Chisholm both gave decent shifts for young laddys.

Hogg and Whittiker couldny pass at all today.

Fletch and Benji just need to shoot quicker and more IMHO.

Some great saves by McNeil, only positive from that game.

Thought Ivan would change the game but they decide not to pass to him when he comes on, should have been more direct to him the whole time, his pace and turn defenders inside out.

$#@!ting myself doesnt really some half of how am feeling about next Sunday.

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash

Our team on the whole is too lightweight for the way we're playing at the moment.
    Where the $#@! has the good , passing , ball on the deck football gone

American Fitba' Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    vCash

Can't argue too much with the ratings above, although 4 is a bit generous for Whittaker

Was astonished to hear the Blobmeister giving the BBC MOTM to McManus
    Fair enough he did his best headless-chicken impression, running about daft all day, but he hit one of the worst free kicks I've seen in a while and was at his melodramatic best when Hogg went in for a challenge with high feet. Dangerous?, okay, but no contact, yet Tam the Bam is rolling around clutching his forehead before jumping up and running away as if nothing had happened. Hogg wasn't long in telling him what he thought of his Drama Queen routine. FWIW I thought Bamba was the best player on display today.

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    vCash

A pretty decent analysis IMHO. I thought Benji was looking very sharp in the first few minutes but unfortunately the service dried up after that and he faded. Boozy was shocking apart from a couple of good long passes. They were, overall, very disappointing, seeming to have no spirit, no tactics and no awareness. McNeil, however, justified JC's faith in him with a great shift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Mcneil - 8, Good Performance, great save from Burchill.
    Whittaker - 2, rubbish, not for the 1st time, start playing McCann a lot more.
    Murphy - 6, just the usual as we have come to expect from him.
    Jones - 5, decent but played the wrong pass a few times IMO.
    Hogg - 5, average but i'd rather see Martis in there TBH.
    Stevenson - 6, good game is getting more experience all the time. Big player next season.
    Brown - 6, 2nd below-par performance in 4 days, tries to be too smart.
    Chisolm - 5, played ok, seems a little lightweight, i'd like to see Lynch again.
    Beuzelin - 4, started brightly but faded and gave the ball away too often.
    Fletcher - 2, I honestly don't think he is good enough.
    Benji - 6, played great in the 1st 30 minutes, but didn't get support.

Team for the semi-final...

McNeil

Whittaker/McCann - Can't decide, although swaying to Whit for experience.
    Jones
    Martis - I like his psychical stength in there more than Hoggs passing.
    Murphy

Brown
    Shiels - Get him back in instead of Boozy !!
    Stevenson
    Zemmama/Sproule - Probably say Sproule for his speed, possibly play both.

Benji
    Fletcher - Rather there was someone else so probably go for Ivan & Zemmama.

Snuff Munching Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dazzhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mcneil - 8, Good Performance, great save from Burchill.
    Whittaker - 2, rubbish, not for the 1st time, start playing McCann a lot more.
    Murphy - 6, just the usual as we have come to expect from him.
    Jones - 5, decent but played the wrong pass a few times IMO.
    Hogg - 5, average but i'd rather see Martis in there TBH.
    Stevenson - 6, good game is getting more experience all the time. Big player next season.
    Brown - 6, 2nd below-par performance in 4 days, tries to be too smart.
    Chisolm - 5, played ok, seems a little lightweight, i'd like to see Lynch again.
    Beuzelin - 4, started brightly but faded and gave the ball away too often.
    Fletcher - 2, I honestly don't think he is good enough.
    Benji - 6, played great in the 1st 30 minutes, but didn't get support.

Team for the semi-final...

McNeil

Whittaker/McCann - Can't decide, although swaying to Whit for experience.
    Jones
    Martis - I like his psychical stength in there more than Hoggs passing.
    Murphy

Brown
    Shiels - Get him back in instead of Boozy !!
    Stevenson
    Zemmama/Sproule - Probably say Sproule for his speed, possibly play both.

Benji
    Fletcher - Rather there was someone else so probably go for Ivan & Zemmama.

You changed that 'final' just in time!!

I think a couple of the Players you have doubts over will make the Managers decision for him before next season kicks off!

Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash

I'm currently watching the cup final again just cause im bored. What a difference from then and now. Thanks for peoples positive opinions on my anaylsis.

On another note, Deano surely has to start on Sunday.

Libertines Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboi View Post
    Being home all ready i thought i would give my ratings for a change, dont usually but as i will probably be one of the first ones back here goes.

McNeil - 8 - Made some great saves, particularly when Burchill was clean through, only positive today IMO.
    Whittaker - 4 - Passing was not there. Thought ivan coming on would have helped but it didn't. Was to slow in releasing the ball. Was to blame for Burchills one on one.
    Murphy - 5 - Did not get the chance to play his usual football. Played decent enough.
    Jones - 5 - Done what was needed, panicked on several occasions when an easy pass was on
    Hogg - 5 - Just when i thought he was improving, his old trates were back. The usual 40 yard straight passes humped up to Benji and Fletch were there. not good enough distribution.
    Chilsolm - 6 - Done what was asked of him, broke up the play well i thought. Passing was ok, just seemed a bit lightweight.
    Stevenson - 5 - Not one of his better games, made a couple of errors, but still his more experienced team mates did nothing to inspire him.
    Boozy - 3 - Slow, pass when he should have held it , and vice versa, i would drop him for next sunday, been given to many chances now.
    Brown - 5 - Was full of running as usual, but again could not get into a passing game. Everyone seemed a yard of the pace.
    Benji - 5 - No service what so ever, was deemed missing in the first half, after a good shift and causing their right back chaous in the first half.
    Fletcher - 4 - Had a couple of half chances, but the more i see him play in "ugly games" the more i think he is not an out an out striker. But like Benji no service what so ever.

As for the subs, Deano was a wasted sub imo, i let my voice be heard as i wondered why it had taken JC so long to put him on, would have hooked Lewis and Chisolm at half time for Deano and Ivan who did come on. Ivan was quiet after the first ten minutes in the first half.

Overall a pathetic performance and that is being polite. There seemed no passion and crisp passing, speaking of passing, afew of them should work on that department. Hapless and a big reality check imo.
    Can't see how you can give Whitty a 4. Thought he was one of the better players on the park today, apart from the 'Burchill' bit. Also dont see how young Chilsolm got a 6 thought he was one of the weaker players in a crap midfeild today, Boozy in the first half was $#@!e but looked alot better in the second due to playing in the Centre Midfeild role.

Agree on the Deano part, put the boy on when Zemmama came on. As for ivan dont think he was interested but neither was the whole Hibs team

Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jnr_hibee View Post
    Can't see how you can give Whitty a 4. Thought he was one of the better players on the park today, apart from the 'Burchill' bit. Also dont see how young Chilsolm got a 6 thought he was one of the weaker players in a crap midfeild today, Boozy in the first half was $#@!e but looked alot better in the second due to playing in the Centre Midfeild role.

Agree on the Deano part, put the boy on when Zemmama came on. As for ivan dont think he was interested but neither was the whole Hibs team
    Given that it was Chilsoms second game i think he held his own in a terrible game to be fair. On the Whittaker point, we all know what he can do and what his standards are, so from that i think as a previous poster said 4 was probably more than generous.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

McNeil was outstanding, or it could have been 3-0. The midfield didn't have the same determination as the Pars. Why is that Benji can only play well for 30 mins?Now I see why JC likes to bring him on at half time.
    At least we won't go into the Semi in over-confident mood. If we get the result there, then all is forgiven.

Snuff Munching Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by maw588 View Post
    McNeil was outstanding, or it could have been 3-0. The midfield didn't have the same determination as the Pars. Why is that Benji can only play well for 30 mins?Now I see why JC likes to bring him on at half time.
    At least we won't go into the Semi in over-confident mood. If we get the result there, then all is forgiven.
    Not by me!

Costs us a bomb to go and watch that pish.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash

It's quite a sad state of affairs when rubbish such as Mcmanus is the best player on the park with Mcneil easily the best Hibs player with three excellent saves.

Everything was wrong today, the first half formation was the very unusual and looked a sort of 4-4-2 but Fletcher seemed to be playing far to wide left to support Benji but it didn't matter as only Brown of the midfield quartet looked capable of winning and passing the ball.

A zero for Boozy is being very kind while Stevenson tried hard but to little effect with Chisholm completely lightweight and off the pace though on only his second game then this doesn't matter as he is only a young player trying to break through.

Hogg was awful but got away with it and Whittaker and Jones were OK but Murphy hopefully has got his worst game this year out of his system but his petulance at the end was unusual as was his frustration with Zemmama for his dreadful dive and his constant losing of possesion.

The only positive is that next week the Hibs team, JC and TC, and many of the supporters now realise that Hibs are going to do much much more than just 'turn up' in order to get to both the cup final and the UEFA cup.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboi View Post
    I thought last week was a reality check .............how many do we need?

Only vague +ve is that I imagine this game was more important for Dunfermline than Hibs. Doesn't make it any more palatable

A True Gadgie/Gadgess scaredyhibby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

Says it all for me that Andy McNeill is our mom against the worst team in the SPL. The whole team look jaded and off the pace --where has the sparkle we saw at Hampden gone?? Too many players off form - and even worse looking disinterested. Not good enough I guess??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

McNeil - 8 - Made a couple of very good saves.
    Whittaker - 5 - not as good as usual going forward, made the mistake to let Burchill through, but apart from that was ok.
    Hogg - 5 - Passing was $#@!e. Not as good as he has been.
    Jones - 6 - Solid.
    Murphy - 5 - Probably his worst game of the season. Never got forward, but was never really troubled defensively. Still played no bad compared to some others.
    Brown - 6 - Nothing spectacular.
    Boozy - 2 - Shouldn't even be in the squad after his performances this season. IMO we should punt him.
    Chisholm - 4 - Never in the game.
    Stevenson - 5 - Tried hard, but never really done much.
    Fletcher - 5 - Should have scored but took to long on the ball and allowed Bamba to block the shot.
    Benji - 5- started well, but fell out of the game.

Zemmama - 5 - Done no bad, needs to cut out the diving though.
    Sproule - 4 - Done nothing.
    Shiels - 4 - Not enough time to impress.

Team performance 3/10 - Absolute pish.

GoGO Back To Forum