0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

Hi there

Brownie from Sheffield here.

I'm 29 and have been a Sheffield United supporter for years.

Last November i went to see us away at Newcastle United. I had a couple of beers on the train on the way up, and a couple of jars in Newcastle before going to the match and then getting arrested by Newcastles law enforcement professionals. I was bailed with the condition that wasn't permitted to enter any regulated football matches in England and Wales. This was in operation for a couple of weeks (i missed Man Utd at home which i was gutted about). I appeared in Newcaslte magistrates court and pleaded not guilty and it was adjourned until March 28th for a trial in magistrates court. I've put my defence together and i've got a fighting chance of getting off this charge which in all reality wouldn't have been brought if it wasn't for the eagle eyed attention of the policeman who was bright enough to observe that i had drank a couple of pints. However if it all goes tits up, i could be on the end of a football banning order which would ban me from all regualted football grounds in England and Wales

With the ban being for England and Wales and me needing a weekly football fix it gave me a few options for watching football. The first was non-league football, which despite being some people's idea of fun, will not really flick my switch. The other was going all contential and supporting a foreign club which will make it expensive and mean i'd only be able to go a couple of times a year.

This leaves Scotland available on my list of options. The first two teams ruled out we're Celtic and Rangers. Too much bigotry and too much success and i didn't really want to be a glory hunter. I then thought about the lower league's, which was a bit of a no, after watching Sheffield United in the Championship for years i wanted to see some top flight football. This left a handful of clubs in the SPL for me to chose from. The next thing on my criteria was a club from a decent sized city, which only really left Edinburgh to select from. So there it was Hearts and Hibs.

It turned in to a bit of a no brainer for me. Hearts seem like a bit of a Sheffield Wednesday type club, media darlings, supporters from the posher side of town and really inspired me a bit of a more upmarket club. Hibs on the other hand seemed a bit more up my street, better supporters, a bit success starved but still have a bit of hope and conviction that better things will be around the corner. I always have thought of Hibernian as more of a working man's type of club so there it was. Hibernian for me.

I'll be looking to support Hibernian as a bit of a loan type move as opposed to the full transfer for the length of my ban where i'll revert back to Sheffield United. But during the length of my ban i've decided that i'll be a full on Hibby, doing the whole thing, matches home and away, trying to keep up with all the latest news and generally being a top class supporter.

Would Hibs fans want someone like me watching your club?

Bad Moon Radge-ing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Hi there

What a stupid post, watch the club if you want.

Start pish in the stands and you'll probably be banned from E.R too.

Hibernian FC - Legends

Hearts FC - Bellends

Erin Trust Radge The Boozy Hibee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by brownieblade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Last November i went to see us away at Newcastle United. I had a couple of beers on the train on the way up, and a couple of jars in Newcastle before going to the match and then getting arrested by Newcastles law enforcement professionals. I was bailed with the condition that wasn't permitted to enter any regulated football matches in England and Wales. This was in operation for a couple of weeks (i missed Man Utd at home which i was gutted about). I appeared in Newcaslte magistrates court and pleaded not guilty and it was adjourned until March 28th for a trial in magistrates court. I've put my defence together and i've got a fighting chance of getting off this charge which in all reality wouldn't have been brought if it wasn't for the eagle eyed attention of the policeman who was bright enough to observe that i had drank a couple of pints. However if it all goes tits up, i could be on the end of a football banning order which would ban me from all regualted football grounds in England and Wales

With the ban being for England and Wales and me needing a weekly football fix it gave me a few options for watching football. The first was non-league football, which despite being some people's idea of fun, will not really flick my switch. The other was going all contential and supporting a foreign club which will make it expensive and mean i'd only be able to go a couple of times a year.

This leaves Scotland available on my list of options. The first two teams ruled out we're Celtic and Rangers. Too much bigotry and too much success and i didn't really want to be a glory hunter. I then thought about the lower league's, which was a bit of a no, after watching Sheffield United in the Championship for years i wanted to see some top flight football. This left a handful of clubs in the SPL for me to chose from. The next thing on my criteria was a club from a decent sized city, which only really left Edinburgh to select from. So there it was Hearts and Hibs.

It turned in to a bit of a no brainer for me. Hearts seem like a bit of a Sheffield Wednesday type club, media darlings, supporters from the posher side of town and really inspired me a bit of a more upmarket club. Hibs on the other hand seemed a bit more up my street, better supporters, a bit success starved but still have a bit of hope and conviction that better things will be around the corner. I always have thought of Hibernian as more of a working man's type of club so there it was. Hibernian for me.

I'll be looking to support Hibernian as a bit of a loan type move as opposed to the full transfer for the length of my ban where i'll revert back to Sheffield United. But during the length of my ban i've decided that i'll be a full on Hibby, doing the whole thing, matches home and away, trying to keep up with all the latest news and generally being a top class supporter.

If we didn't welcome anyone who'd been arrested or been in front of the beak then the terraces would be a lot emptier, as well as this forum

Have any players ever played for both clubs?

Cheers
    Simon

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    vCash

You didn't actually say why you were arrested - it's not illegal to have a couple of beers surely?

But as far as I'm concerned, you pays your money and you get to watch the game/team of your choice.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

John Burridge or maybe Willie Falconer

Can't really remember anyone to be honest

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash

You have picked the right team BB but are you a glory hunter?,as we are gonna win 2 cups

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

I was arrested on a charge of being Drunk in a designated sports ground.

To be honest i'd not even heard of it being an offence, despite going to hundreds of Blades games over the years. If i was going to get done i would have expected it to have happened a over the years when there was loads of us going and having sessions. There we're games a few years back when i used to get home and not even know the result, over the last couple of years i've taken it a bit easier with having a fiancee and mortgage to think about, and as a result enjoyed the football a bit more.

They got me when i'd had 4 pints not 20 as would have once been the case.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    vCash

It's hard to say as I've never heard of anything like this before.

In summary you are on a short term part time loan move because you are not wanted in your own country however you plan to return to your own country once you have served your time where you will refer back to supporting your club of origin having been a 'full on' supporter of a Scottish club for a couple of years.

To be honest my friend I think Hearts is the team for you as they have a Russian owner and 36 Lithuanian players who meet your criteria down to a T and if you change your name to Brownicovicus then you might get a game as well.

As a small point of correction it is actually 'free flowing exciting' Hibs and our suave sophisiticated manager who are the 'media darlings'. though we haven't played well now for nearly 3 months.

The Hearts owner thinks the Scottish press are all 'monkeys' and recently left out bananas and monkey nuts for their half time munchies and I'm not making this up.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    You have picked the right team BB but are you a glory hunter?,as we are gonna win 2 cups
    I was arrested on a charge of being Drunk in a designated sports ground.

To be honest i'd not even heard of it being an offence, despite going to hundreds of Blades games over the years. If i was going to get done i would have expected it to have happened a over the years when there was loads of us going and having sessions. There we're games a few years back when i used to get home and not even know the result, over the last couple of years i've taken it a bit easier with having a fiancee and mortgage to think about, and as a result enjoyed the football a bit more.

They got me when i'd had 4 pints not 20 as would have once been the case.

And in answer to Beefys question

Imagine getting banned from footie for having four pints - what kind of draconian laws do you have in Englandshire.

More to the point Mandeeeeeeeeeee where are you - kindred spirit here.

PS. As BTH said, you pays yer money
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    vCash

Welcome aboard then Brownie. We might need to get someone to give you a crash course on everything Hibernian (or just take a day off work to navigate through all four corners of this site.
    Stick around whatever the outcome.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash
    Nearly 10 years, and i never got the banning order, but i did end up following the Cabbage, and i try and get up from Sheffield to Easter Road once a season. Normally with Uncy who has been bitten by the Hibs bug (Is Roy a member of this forum pal?)

Strange but funnily enough following Hibs is similar to being a Blade, years of average mediocrity, but there is just something about the club i really like and have got a part of my heart now.

It is quite bizarre but down in Sheffield there seems to be a lot of support for Rangers from the Wednesdayites, i think they lack a bit of intelligence and want a bit of the sectarian action, but over the years me and a few of my mates have developed a bit of a support for Hibs.

Obviously there it is a bit of a mission getting up to games, time and work often are the big hurdle, but i always enjoy a trip up to Leith to watch the Hibs

GGTTH

Brownie

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4419 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm guessing piltonstanny or power.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3382 Post(s)
    vCash
    There's been a couple of epic bumps this week, like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6385 Post(s)
    vCash
    Nearly 10 years, and i never got the banning order, but i did end up following the Cabbage, and i try and get up from Sheffield to Easter Road once a season. Normally with Uncy who has been bitten by the Hibs bug (Is Roy a member of this forum pal?)

Strange but funnily enough following Hibs is similar to being a Blade, years of average mediocrity, but there is just something about the club i really like and have got a part of my heart now.

It is quite bizarre but down in Sheffield there seems to be a lot of support for Rangers from the Wednesdayites, i think they lack a bit of intelligence and want a bit of the sectarian action, but over the years me and a few of my mates have developed a bit of a support for Hibs.

Obviously there it is a bit of a mission getting up to games, time and work often are the big hurdle, but i always enjoy a trip up to Leith to watch the Hibs

GGTTH

Brownie
    Still got the fiancée? Or is she Mrs Brownieblade now?

Any pics?

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    950 Post(s)
    vCash

GGTTH

Brownie

quality

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Still got the fiancée? Or is she Mrs Brownieblade now?Any pics?
    I've got some he doesn't know about....

+ Reply to Thread GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List