0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash

Basterward Neighbours

No, not the pishy Australian soap.

I'm in a pisser of a mood this morning because I was awoken at 3 am this morning by loud music coming from one of the flats below us. I tried to ignore it but it kept driving me nuts so I got up and and got dressed and went down stairs. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't that keen on the idea as I don't know what kind of an drunken erse might answer the door and lamp me on the head or something.

I went down the stairs and started banging on the door of the number 3 flat where the music was coming from, I heard the music getting turned off but noone answered the door... so I went back to bed and couldn't get back to sleep.

Has anybody else had any bother with neighbours and how did you deal with it?

If it happens in the future should i just let the cops know and let them deal with it?

The Radge Doon the Road BunnahabhainXXV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Basterward Neighbours

Im once attended a community forum in a not so pleasant bit of Glasgow where this was discussed. The cops present advised that the best route is through the Council as they have the power to seize equipment etc.. You should keep a diary of any occurances to back up your complaints that they are not one-off.

Try the Council web site for a number. They are pretty helpful, I hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    vCash

Take no $#@! - the Cooncil are pretty good on this kind of stuff these days.

For example :- http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet...January%202006

An Dn Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash

Or you could do what my cousin did and sledgehammer the door down, storm over to the hi-fi and smash it to smitherines.

Got done at the magistrates for it, but he did fix the door and other things that he broke in the flat. "Have you anything to say" said the bloke in the robe, "Yes," says my cousin "I left the place in a better condition than when it was when I first went in!"

300 quid fine, and a slap on the wrists!

Can't Think of a Radge to be Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by supastar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm in a pisser of a mood this morning because I was awoken at 3 am this morning by loud music coming from one of the flats below us. I tried to ignore it but it kept driving me nuts so I got up and and got dressed and went down stairs. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't that keen on the idea as I don't know what kind of an drunken erse might answer the door and lamp me on the head or something.
    I went down the stairs and started banging on the door of the number 3 flat where the music was coming from, I heard the music getting turned off but noone answered the door... so I went back to bed and couldn't get back to sleep.

If it happens in the future should i just let the cops know and let them deal with it?
    Wouldn't advise going to the door nowaday's, one of my mate's done this last year and was dragged into the flat stabbed about 6 times and left for dead.Thankfully he made a full recovery but the $#@!s that done it moved out before anyone had a chance for a come back.Hate to say it but leave it the the polis or the cooncil.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    vCash

I had to sell my flat when two alkys moved in above me.I had lived there for 7 years, within 5 months of these kantz moving in i was off.

Fights,arguments,music and the worst,when they had a shag(once a month)At first i was civil but i was up and down the stairs about 5 times a week, Eventually i snapped.
    I tapped on the door and when he answered it i went for him.The bassa shat it and ran up his lobby,me chasing him,he locked himself in the bedroom while his missus was greetin to me to leave him cos she was leavin him and it would be all good.The flat was on the market within a week.

To my surprise i got a quick sale and i was out of there.The best bit was, i later heard the guy i sold it to was a drummer in a band and the alkys were complaining to everyone that HE was a noisy bassa and they were looking to move out.

I laughed so hard i died.

An Dn Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    I had to sell my flat when two alkys moved in above me.I had lived there for 7 years, within 5 months of these kantz moving in i was off.

Fights,arguments,music and the worst,when they had a shag(once a month)At first i was civil but i was up and down the stairs about 5 times a week, Eventually i snapped.
    I tapped on the door and when he answered it i went for him.The bassa shat it and ran up his lobby,me chasing him,he locked himself in the bedroom while his missus was greetin to me to leave him cos she was leavin him and it would be all good.The flat was on the market within a week.

To my surprise i got a quick sale and i was out of there.The best bit was, i later heard the guy i sold it to was a drummer in a band and the alkys were complaining to everyone that HE was a noisy bassa and they were looking to move out.

Fantastic story!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post

Fantastic story!
    Cheers Scoobie but it was a nightmare at the time.

Are those C##t's no ****ing deid yet radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)
    vCash

If it's a one off, let it go - No point pashing through their letter box or smashing their windows at this early stage.

If it's a recurring theme (and I don't mean the same song over and over again) take some heavy handed action - Your neighbours won't mess with you should you leave, I dunno, a severed animal head on a stake outside their door.
    FC Union, Unsere Liebe

An Dn Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by green&whitedynamite View Post
    Your neighbours won't mess with you should you leave, I dunno, a severed animal head on a stake outside their door.
    Or daub a message, in animal blood, on their front door!

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Or daub a message, in animal blood, on their front door!
    Or use human blood that'l'learn thum

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    776 Post(s)
    vCash

I almost bought a flat Pilrig, it seemed great but I thought it was a bit funny that there were three flats for sale in the same stair at the same time. I went round a couple of times at random times of day and noticed the upstairs neighbours always had their windows wide open blaring music out. In the stair were loads of "neighbour-notes" telling people to keep quiet, close doors, don't dump rubbish in the stair etc. that hadn't been there during viewing times. The neighbours were obviously cnts.

Close shave that.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6662 Post(s)
    vCash

Its not so bad at the weekends I suppose but on a school night its not on. Why dont you speak to whoever lives there and let them know that whilst you are normally a nice guy/gal you wont put up with it. If that fails i would recommend you use bounce favourite BigManandy to have a chat with them.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash

Thanks for your replies... now I know the course of action to take in the future.... I recently moved to this flat and haven't had problems before, hopefully its just a one off.

Can't Think of a Radge to be Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Really sorry to hear that Beefy I used to like having a laugh at your posts too.
    RIP MATE

Poros Massive Radge Johnny Vegas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    vCash

looks like they've got the message

Moths in the Wallet Radge Toolpusher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

It's the Council that chaps people's doors for noise these days, although your point of contact is the Polis on 311 3131, they then send a couple of Noise Wardens round who have meters that measure the racket and record the db level, time of day etc., they can then dish out a warning, or for persistent offenders, a fine and/or seizure of equipment.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

when i bought my flat i had a neighbour who was a reverend and he was a right nosy bassa, coming to the door everyday being overly nice all the time a bit like ned flanders, this was becoming a pain in the arse and one night when i was too pished to open the front door i collapsed outside my door only for the reverend to show his bloody face and start moaning at me for making a nuisance. i told him to $#@! off and mind his own buisness, one week later his house was on the market. i feel bad still to this day . now ive got flamin oxbridge student feckers who insist on smoking in the landing instead of the house making a right racket with there irritating accents.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

I called the police after listening to my neighbour yelling non-stop at his girlfriend for hours on end a few times a week. Didn't want to go to the door as I was scared of him (just listening to him shout would leave me shaking).

Thought long and hard before calling police as didn't want to make things harder for her - in case he took it out on her - but I never saw her alone to approach her. There was no evidence anything physical was going on, but there was real abuse nonetheless.

Give me loud music any day - walking into a home stand at Ibrox wearing green would generate abuse of a lesser extent to what that man was shouting at her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    vCash

I had a next door neighbor about two years ago that every once in a while I would smell this god awful chemical smell. Knowing full well he was running a meth lab I called the cops and when they got there "they could not find anything". WTFE. Anyway one week later I am sitting on my front porch drinking a beer with a buddy and all of a sudden BOOM!!!!! the freaking roof of this dudes house literally goes up. Sure enough the dumb bastage blew himself and his house up. Daggone Meth heads.

GoGO Back To Forum