Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Look Ahead!

So that is basically thats it for this seaosn. Europe is VERY unlikely and there is no chance of silverware this season.
    But lets not focus on the negative, look ahead!
    First of all our squad for next season;

Brown, Thomson, Killen, Benji, Murphy, Whittaker, Sproule, Murray, all these players next season? Hopefully if we can avoid injuries and TM is given the funds to strengthen the squad, then we too could be competing with Hearts and Rangers.
    And why not? We're you impressed by Hearts? I wasn't, they won the game using bully boy tactics, which we are now having to learn to cope with. This could be the greatest lesson that the team learns, and could be the making of us next season. Hibs have not once this season been 'out-played' in terms of passing and skill. They have lost the scrappy games , that require character and metal, and even more, strength.

Secondly, the Riordan situation.

I dont think anyone will disagree that he would be a loss if he was to move on. But does he fit into our strongest team? For me, Killen gets up front before he does, as does Fletch. Sproule let us down badly yesterday, but this is his first real season in professional football, and the lessons he will have learnt over the last four months especially will be invaluable to his developement as a football player. Riordan may not fit into the team next season, a team that will have to deal with the physical aspect of football that seems to elude our team. Of course if he does stay and gets into the team, you'll get no arguement from me.

Lastly, the manager;

Mowbray is going through a learning curve similar to that of the players.
    He must now realise that flashy football is not always the solution to the tactical problems posed by the likes of Hearts rangers and Celtic.
    To a degree he is addressing the physical aspect of the game with the introduction of Killen and Benji, who look as if they can handle themselves. But we need to continue with developement.

In conclusion lessons have to be learnt from this season, although i can certainly understand, and to an extent i feel, the disappointment of this season. But most of all i feel hopeful that next year could be a great year in terms of achivement. I am not going to say that we will win the Scottish Cup or the League, but we are certainly better prepared to fight for a Champions League place and for trophies.

Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash

Re: Look Ahead!

Your telling me you would have Fletcher ahead of Riordan in your ideal hibs starting 11 ? Please tell me your joking

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stevieboi
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your telling me you would have Fletcher ahead of Riordan in your ideal hibs starting 11 ? Please tell me your joking
    Nope i think fletcher is physically stronger and would score more goals in a season as he has the same ability as riordan to score goals from nothing.

Iona Street,Leith Radge stevieboi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    216 Post(s)
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope i think fletcher is physically stronger and would score more goals in a season as he has the same ability as riordan to score goals from nothing.
    agree with physical part obviosuly but in your origonal post you say that you would pick Fletch over riordan? Dont know about scoring goals out of nothing as i never spotted Fletchers goal yesterday, only joking. But anyway i would always prefer to see Deek playing ahead of Fletcher, but hopefully in a year down the line I'll be contemplating over that. Fletcher got huge potential lets hope he makes the most of it

GoGO Back To Forum