Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5004 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t think so as it’s actually classed as evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm hardly evidence if they do he haw about it. Good point thou.

@Beagle may be able tae confirm

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Hmmmm hardly evidence if they do he haw about it. Good point thou.

@Beagle may be able tae confirm
    Aye, it'll be held for evidence gathering purposes therefore unavailable to the public. Not that it'll ever get used as such. There's a political interest in keeping the Huns out of the courts. Much like Irish history, there's certain people have vested interests in keeping the sectarian pot boiling as Winston Churchill remarked in a paragraph in his autobiography, that by keeping the plebs at each others throats it allowed the upper echelons to carry on unhindered. Strangely, that line was removed from the final draft. I heard it from the person who was ordered to remove it though.
    Bit off on a tangent there but the premise remains
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    Aye that has no place in the game, but all the offense to the word "fenian" and "hun" it's an absolute nonsense to me. Just a bunch of arse holes singing pishy songs. The players don't give a monkeys, I certainly never have. Footballs always had an edge to it, let's not take that away.
    So in book racism bad , sectarianism okay ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    that should read : So in your book racism bad , sectarianism okay
    (for some reason cant edit)

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

that should read : So in your book racism bad , sectarianism okay
    (for some reason cant edit)
    I liked the original version, sounded like an Orwellian political slogan, i wis startin to chant it in ma head...
    in your book racism BAD , sectarianism OKAY

Jistsayinlikeken?
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    So in book racism bad , sectarianism okay ?- - - Updated - - -that should read : So in your book racism bad , sectarianism okay(for some reason cant edit)
    I'm personally not offended in the slightest with sectarianism, truly couldn't give a monkeys. I take offense to players being targeted for being a different colour, or disability.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    I liked the original version, sounded like an Orwellian political slogan, i wis startin to chant it in ma head...
    in your book racism BAD , sectarianism OKAY

Jistsayinlikeken?
    LOL as the young people say.

Orwellian chants might be the way forward next time The Thes visit, theyre still living in 1984 or more like 1684

- - - Updated - - -

I'm personally not offended in the slightest with sectarianism, truly couldn't give a monkeys. I take offense to players being targeted for being a different colour, or disability.
    So if our manager was Jewish or Muslim and received anti-Semitic or Islamaphobic abuse that would have been okay ?

Not trying to have a go, just trying to work whether its all shades of sectarianism that don't offend you ?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    LOL as the young people say.Orwellian chants might be the way forward next time The Thes visit, theyre still living in 1984 or more like 1684- - - Updated - - -So if our manager was Jewish or Muslim and received anti-Semitic or Islamaphobic abuse that would have been okay ?Not trying to have a go, just trying to work whether its all shades of sectarianism that don't offend you ?
    None of it offends me. We can sing songs about Jeffries being a fat Jambo basturd, or Skacel being a $#@!ing refugee. Where do you want to draw the line when it comes to being offensive? Do I give a crap when the Gunts sing "All the Hibees are gay? No. It's a wind up, part of the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    None of it offends me. We can sing songs about Jeffries being a fat Jambo basturd, or Skacel being a $#@!ing refugee. Where do you want to draw the line when it comes to being offensive? Do I give a crap when the Gunts sing "All the Hibees are gay? No. It's a wind up, part of the game.
    I know where i would draw the line but your line doesn't include anti-Semitism, Islamophobia or anti-Catholicism which you view as all " a wind up, part of the game ".

You crack on with that view if you want, I'm just pleased its not one that's commonplace among our support.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    I know where i would draw the line but your line doesn't include anti-Semitism, Islamophobia or anti-Catholicism which you view as all " a wind up, part of the game ".You crack on with that view if you want, I'm just pleased its not one that's commonplace among our support.
    I simply don't have a line, because I don't care what gets sung at a football game. So where is your line? Can we chant at players and managers for being overweight, but not mention religion? What's about the Gorgie Slums? Think of all those poor people that have to live there and take offense to that song. We could nit pick through songs and chants all day long.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    I simply don't have a line, because I don't care what gets sung at a football game. So where is your line? Can we chant at players and managers for being overweight, but not mention religion? What's about the Gorgie Slums? Think of all those poor people that have to live there and take offense to that song. We could nit pick through songs and chants all day long.
    I think ive made my line clear. If you cant see the difference between chants about an opposition manager being a "fat b" and stuff like anti-semitic fans making gas chamber noises then your either a total troll or a total moron. Either way I'm sure you wont be offended by that assessment as nothing offends you.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    I think ive made my line clear. If you cant see the difference between chants about an opposition manager being a "fat b" and stuff like anti-semitic fans making gas chamber noises then your either a total troll or a total moron. Either way I'm sure you wont be offended by that assessment as nothing offends you.
    Na nothing from a daftie behind a keyboard offends or worries me in anyway. Also not trolling. You seem to think one form of abuse is okay and another not so okay. How do you think the player/manager feel going home and having that abuse ringing in his ears. His friends and family fully aware. No I don't agree with the clowns that sing these songs, but don't get all offended by it either.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Na nothing from a daftie behind a keyboard offends or worries me in anyway. Also not trolling. You seem to think one form of abuse is okay and another not so okay. How do you think the player/manager feel going home and having that abuse ringing in his ears. His friends and family fully aware. No I don't agree with the clowns that sing these songs, but don't get all offended by it either.
    I can completely understand why you aren't the slightest bit offended. You live in USA and don't attend matches so how could you be?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    I can completely understand why you aren't the slightest bit offended. You live in USA and don't attend matches so how could you be?

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years before moving here. Wasn't offended then not offended now. I'm sure there's like a phone number or someone to talk to next time you leave a match all upset and offended.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I was a season ticket holder for 10 years before moving here. Wasn't offended then not offended now. I'm sure there's like a phone number or someone to talk to next time you leave a match all upset and offended.
    Good for you. I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years. When did you move to the states ?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    .- - - Updated - - -Good for you. I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years. When did you move to the states ?
    Moved permanently about 12 years ago. Seems because I can't attend games that makes me less of a fan for it. You knew that fact and still had a dig. Does it matter if I hear the sectarian songs on Hibs TV or do I have to be there in person to be truly offended?

I've heard more offensive stuff from our own fans a few seats behind me at games, than from the opposition. The abuse Tortolano took as a player from his own fans was unbelievable. But back to my point. I've never once been offended at sectarian songs or being accused along with "All" the other Hibees of being gay. Footballs come along way. We generally don't single out players for being black or gay any more. There's always going to be idiots, but as a support all over Scotland, the racist stuff has been stamped out.

There was the issue with Dean Sheils last season and that was way out of line. But fans singing songs at other fans is just not offensive to me. I'll take edgy even sectarian songs, over a bunch of spectators sitting on there hands yelling "defense" while holding up signs and silly hats.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Moved permanently about 12 years ago. Seems because I can't attend games that makes me less of a fan for it. You knew that fact and still had a dig. Does it matter if I hear the sectarian songs on Hibs TV or do I have to be there in person to be truly offended? I've heard more offensive stuff from our own fans a few seats behind me at games, than from the opposition. The abuse Tortolano took as a player from his own fans was unbelievable. But back to my point. I've never once been offended at sectarian songs or being accused along with "All" the other Hibees of being gay. Footballs come along way. We generally don't single out players for being black or gay any more. There's always going to be idiots, but as a support all over Scotland, the racist stuff has been stamped out. There was the issue with Dean Sheils last season and that was way out of line. But fans singing songs at other fans is just not offensive to me. I'll take edgy even sectarian songs, over a bunch of spectators sitting on there hands yelling "defense" while holding up signs and silly hats.
    Less of a fan? I've never said that about folk who can't or don't attend games. But seeing as you've not attended regularly for over 10 years nor lived in this country, i think your opinion on this matter is skewed. Hearing stuff on Hibs TV (which will be pretty limited) doesn't give you the same impact as being there in person and hearing the bile first hand. The huns revel in it, so do the soap dodgers to a certain extent and its just overlooked by the powers that be. That's what pisses folks off most. It's a bit like the thread on gun control. You got a lot of grief about your opinion on there but i respected your opinion as you live there and know what its like. On this subject your thoughts are pretty outdated.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4089 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter if you personally are offended.

Football is a sport, a team game that folk let control their emotions to varying degrees.
    Bigotry, racism and the like has no place in the game.
    It has no place anywhere.
    But since you're not offended it should be allowed 👌
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    It doesn't matter if you personally are offended.

Football is a sport, a team game that folk let control their emotions to varying degrees.
    Bigotry, racism and the like has no place in the game.
    It has no place anywhere.
    But since you're not offended it should be allowed 👌
    I'd agree with all of that - apart from the last line Hammi.

But I think I kinda get where SuperT is coming from.
    There is no doubt at all that the 'banter' coming from the likes of Rangersmedia Forum and the massed ranks of Hundogs on match days is simply repugnant, disgusting, and offensive.
    But does the singing of their 'traditional songs' offend me?
    Yes and no. It's without doubt out of touch with reality, this century, acceptability etc....... but I don't get upset when I witness it. I just shake my head and think 'what repugnant Orcs they are' or similar. Offensive yes, but does it rattle my cage? Not really.

I think SuperT means that he doesn't get phased/upset/indignant about songs - he just thinks they are a bunch of saddoes/bigots/Huns.

Sadly the 90 minute bigotry seems to escalate into physical attacks - THAT I do find really offensive.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I'd agree with all of that - apart from the last line Hammi.

But I think I kinda get where SuperT is coming from.
    There is no doubt at all that the 'banter' coming from the likes of Rangersmedia Forum and the massed ranks of Hundogs on match days is simply repugnant, disgusting, and offensive.
    But does the singing of their 'traditional songs' offend me?
    Yes and no. It's without doubt out of touch with reality, this century, acceptability etc....... but I don't get upset when I witness it. I just shake my head and think 'what repugnant Orcs they are' or similar. Offensive yes, but does it rattle my cage? Not really.

I think SuperT means that he doesn't get phased/upset/indignant about songs - he just thinks they are a bunch of saddoes/bigots/Huns.

Sadly the 90 minute bigotry seems to escalate into physical attacks - THAT I do find really offensive.
    I'm kinda with you and @SuperTortolano here. Does it actually upset me? no.

Pretty much the only thing that genuinely bothers me is how it pertains to the double standards and hypocrisy in the running of the game - Lennon being punished here as a case in point. And the blatant lie in the media etc that they actually want to do anything about it, which they don't - they all enjoy it and think it's brilliant. All of that is what bothers me.

Objectively speaking though, when I witness it, I just think "what a bunch of morons".
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4089 Post(s)
    I'm also not offended personally, but it doesn't mean I don't want it removed from the game.

The Scottish FA don't want to lose it, they revel in it cause it's what keeps the Glasgow derby relevant.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    I don’t think ST is saying it’s right, just that thousands of Huns hurling abuse disnae bother him and he feels it’s no’ worth losing sleep over, and i’m In the same boat. Would I call a black rangers player a black **** or a ni##er, naw, but i’d happily call him a dirty orange $#@!. Hypocritical, aye probably but that’s where i’m at

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    I honestly find the whole sectarian singing amusing. Middle aged guys filled with rage spewing out utter garbage. Like others, I just shake my head and feel bad I have to share the same oxygen as these wanks. I've never said that I think it's right. All I'm saying from a personal stand point, is that it doesn't bother me. I'll take an edgy atmosphere over a nothing atmosphere all day.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    There are lines that’s shouldn’t be crossed but it is all a bit too PC now a days people are far too easily offended. You know what you are getting when you play certain teams and it’s a 2 way street, if it bothers you that much don’t go to these games

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Daft question but are any of those not really offended Roman Catholic? ( swap catholic for black, Muslim, disabled to get my point). I find the huns, their fans and the songs extremely offensive, as someone who comes from an RC family.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Daft question but are any of those not really offended Roman Catholic? ( swap catholic for black, Muslim, disabled to get my point). I find the huns, their fans and the songs extremely offensive, as someone who comsame es from an RC family.
    Was wondering the same thing
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2642 Post(s)
    Daft question but are any of those not really offended Roman Catholic? ( swap catholic for black, Muslim, disabled to get my point). I find the huns, their fans and the songs extremely offensive, as someone who comes from an RC family.
    OK, I know this might not go down too well, but I share the same view as SuperTortolano. I am a Roman Catholic and a weekly church attender. My faith means a lot to me but it is a totally private matter and absolutely has nothing to do with the reason why I love and support the football club I do. Hearing Huns, some Jambos and sundry others singing about hating the Pope and everything RC and Irish is just water of a ducks back to me. I have to say I have always been thick skinned and don't take offence very easily to anything to be perfectly honest, apart from family members being hurt or abused that would be where I would draw the line. People who spout such venom at football matches should be pitied for the ignorant shysters they are. What they sing about has nothing to do with religion to be honest, it's just the ignorant hatred of people for being what they are...and here is another thing.

Sectarianism will never end in Scotland because it is totally ingrained into the culture and structure of much of our country. It will also never be stamped out in football and especially with the Old Firm. Without wishing to repeat myself on something I have discussed over the years on this site..."religious" bigotry and sectarianism are the lifeblood of the Old Firm. It is what makes them what they are. Take anti-catholicism and anti-irishness away from the Rangers and you have no the Rangers. It is what draws so many people to them. They represent many people's core feelings and prejudices so they feel attracted and drawn towards that particular club. Celtic are the same in my view in that they have ruthlessly exploited the irish descendents in Scotland particularly in the west of Scotland and they see nothing in glorifying a terrorist movement responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people. In many ways for me Celtic are actually an Irish club who just happen to play football in Scotland. In fact both Celtic and the Rangers are not really football clubs at all, they are movements and causes and they are big and successful because they exploit the intolerance and bigotry which I'm afraid still exists and as I say IMO will always exist in this country.

I'm not saying it is right to sing the songs the huns do...but they have been doing it for as long as I have been going to football matches and they will continue to sing them because these songs represent everything they stand for...as do the republican and IRA stuff that eminates out of Parkhead every other week and at all away grounds.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Not a daft question at all, i’m a Protestant who detests rangers , orangemen and all they represent. I also detest Celtic and their continued vocal support for Irish terrorists. $#@! religion, if adherents of the faith of either persuasion want to slag me off let them crack on .When we play rangers i’ve heard fellow hibbies shout “get intae they proddie ****s”. I’ve never been the least bit offended. I’m sure some folk are offended if they get up in the morning and they’ve $#@! all tae be offended about.Just a historical point, not all fenians were catholics

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    How about singing "sheep shagging basturds" to the Dons fans? When you break it down your accusing them of beastiality and molesting live stock. I personally find it quite funny and a wind up, pretty sure the Dons fans feel the same way. I actually recall seeing inflatable sheep being bounced around there end. I just don't imagine many fans leave SPL games offended and upset at what rival fans are singing and chanting.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)
    Homophobic stuff at the football... I wouldn't say it 'offends' me but it makes me uncomfortable right enough, I certainly don't see it as banter. When ST says he's not offended by it, well. Big of him.
    Guardian-knitting muesli-reading No Logo "baa-baa green sheep" student PC thought police

Shameless Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2851 Post(s)
    Twitter

“Exuberance,no malice “ 😄
    There's no other way