vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)

John McGinn - I don't have to leave now

True however if he doesn't sign a contract extension by the summer we will sell him I'm sure. Neil Lennon and Leeann Dempster have indicated in various interviews they won't allow SJM to leave for nothing.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    That's quite a number of times SJM has said that now which is quite unusual for a player as its standard just to stay stummm and let the speculation take care of itself.

I cant think for a minute SJM is going to pass control of his future over to Hibs by signing any sort of new contract as with 12 months to go the ball is now totally in his court as is the whacking signing on fee which increases with every month that passes as the transfer fee correspondingly reduces.

Not a lot Hibs can do about it but on balance £Xm transfer fee in July might trump a few hundred thousand in January on a pre contract with 6 months to go but its the player who can now decide this not Hibs.

Celtc I have always thought will be his next destination and he is bound to have been given the nod and the wink as to whether they will or will not make the move.

So far he has said and done all the right things and if he keeps this up he will leave with reasonably good vibes like Whittaker, Fletch and Broonie though maybe minus the stonking transfer fee.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 24-04-18 at 13:43.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    830 Post(s)
    Good luck for next season John Boy assuming you have ambition to better yourself in a different league.

Stick on to leave this summer.

As per norm I won’t lose sleep at any players going as I’m sure we will retain enough of what we have currently and sign decent replacements with a McGinn fee, big increase in money for this season’s finishing league position and bumper ST sales- based on the last window we are in better shape in th scouting department.

Stay positive.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7021 Post(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me if these $#@!ers at Celtc have tapped him. Sit tight until January 2019....

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1806 Post(s)
    I think the subtext of the interviews is different.

He believes he (and Hibs) can achieve more than they have done this last three seasons. Leeann, Neil and the players believe that.

Secondly, he knows if he moves somewhere where he doesnt start every week, he could be like Scott Allan back at Hibs in a couple of years time having hardly played football for a couple of years stalling his career.

He loves playing and he's not stupid. A years extension on improved wages wouldnt be the worst outcome for both parties.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1743 Post(s)
    I know we're resigned to losing him at the end of the season but from what I've seen and heard from the guy himself is maybe he's in a good place for his development and knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if Neil Lennon has told them all to hang about for the Hibs title win at the end of NEXT season and they're all up for it.
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He believes he (and Hibs) can achieve more than they have done this last three seasons. Leeann, Neil and the players believe that.

Secondly, he knows if he moves somewhere where he doesnt start every week, he could be like Scott Allan back at Hibs in a couple of years time having hardly played football for a couple of years stalling his career.

He loves playing and he's not stupid. A years extension on improved wages wouldnt be the worst outcome for both parties.
    I agree with this, and I'm hoping against hope that it turns out to be true. The year's extension is paramount, though. We must protect ourselves.

Up to John, really. I think he's a fantastic lad, though, and owes us nothing. Already a legend.

However - it shouldn't be forgotten that we are perhaps into "mutually beneficial" territory: he is a guaranteed starter and the heartbeat of a team and a club on the crest of a wave. There's the potential for a young player to have a season that would go down in history - it's 1985 since anyone else won the division, and I have heard from numerous sources that he thinks we should and could have done it this year.

I haven't lost hope.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    If it goes to plan finishing 2nd not too far behind Celtic maybe Lenny can persuade him to sign a short contract extension as per Cummings with Euro football etc.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    If he signs an extension I reckon it will be the best bit of business by Hibs this decade.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    If he signs an extension I reckon it will be the best bit of business by Hibs this decade.
    Agreed. I don't think it'd be cutting his nose off and that way SJM, St Mirren and Hibs all benefit.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post

He'll sign a years extension, him and Dylan stay for at least another year because of what we have achieved this season, and try better it next. Kamberi and McLaren as well, and Scott Allan tae. Hanlons shown the way, mibbes the rest will follow. Well that what I dream't the other night... oh and I had Cameron Diaz at the door tae. She told me tae get tae $#@! or she wid call the hotel manager

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1685 Post(s)
    Organized by a St. Patrick's Branch member, John and Danny Swanson visited St. Ninian's Primary School, Restalrig. They spoke with the whole school assembled. At present the kids are all back to their classrooms and John and Danny are visiting each one.

GGTTH

BIG G
    St. Patrick's a Progressive Supporters Branch

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2642 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Organized by a St. Patrick's Branch member, John and Danny Swanson visited St. Ninian's Primary School, Restalrig. They spoke with the whole school assembled. At present the kids are all back to their classrooms and John and Danny are visiting each one.

GGTTH

BIG G
    That was my old Primary school....great to hear about this happening today.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    That was my old Primary school....great to hear about this happening today.
    Mine too :sigh:
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! deano6-2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    My wee boy was buzzing when I picked him up from school today about SJM and Danny being in his class. Good to see them out and about in the local community.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    The simple fact that John McGinn values playing football every week over earning more money should be an example to all young Scottish players. The list of players who have gone down south and failed is endless, the list of those who have gone down and made a success of their careers is substantially smaller. The other alternative is a move to Celtic, but again is there a guarantee he’d start every week? He should, of that I’ve no doubt, but whether he would or not is a different story.

Signing a lucrative new long term deal at Hibs, even if he only stays until January, would ensure that a substantial enough fee would be required that the buying club would need to be serious about signing John and making him a first team player, not just as another option.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! BVilleggiante's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Assuming the answer is yes but do players really focus on what others around them who have followed a similar path have to say about a move like this or even looking at players who have done this and what the results were i.e. Cummings? Do players talk to each other about this stuff and regrets they had or maybe the opposite? I only ask because SJM only has to look at Cummings, Whittaker and Allan and get their stories on were their moves worth it. It's my opinion that to go down south or end up at Celtic you have to be miles above the competition to get any kind of game time. If your not you'll be on the bench.

GoGO Back To Forum