Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Back - our best performance of the season?

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3618 Post(s)

Just Back - our best performance of the season?

So here we are – the business end of the season has arrived, and what bigger fixture to kick off than a buoyant Celtc side seeking to confirm their umpteenth league title?

After common sense prevailed regarding the scheduling of the post-split fixtures, i.e. ensuring we get to redress the injustice the Huns got away with at ER back in December, pretty much the only drawback was indeed that we would be hosting Celtc on the first game – as I said, this meant that they were likely to still have the bit between their teeth, with the confirmation of the league title on the line. However, we had our own fish to fry – second place was still a very distinct possibility. With that in mind, it would be nice to keep Killie at arm’s length before getting the opportunity to tuck their challenge away next Saturday.

Furthermore, after another enforced break from action, it was fair to say that the sense of anticipation amongst my merry band of Hibees was palpable, especially with those of us who had assembled as per usual in The Hoppy pre-match. My opinion was that Celtc were formidable going forward – no-one in Scotland doubts that – but that they were eminently “get-able” at the back. Despite the enforced absence of Scott Allan, my mood was bullish: I felt that we had the players to hurt them, as our record against them this season bore out. The “NO TITLE PARTIES HERE TODAY” sign was definitely out.

And so, as I route-marched round the back of Sainsbury’s to ER, my attitude was quietly confident, with a real sense of occasion. With three home games to go, the feeling was defo that these were fixtures to be savoured. Our form is good, there’s a tangible reward to play for, the mentality of the players and above all the manager is resolute, bold, and unbowed. BRING EM ALL ON, basically, including The Mhanks. If we were to get nothing today, so be it – still plenty of points to claim.

And by now, we all know how it went. Have we been better this season?

We were on the front foot from the off, and an absolutely frantic start with chances for both teams confirmed the fact that the atmosphere was something different from the usual lunchtime kickoff nonsense.

Danny Swanson looked like he knew that this needed to be his best game for Hibs, and he didn't disappoint - he was ontop of Brown from minute one, and this was a key factor in establishing our platform.

Initially, we were struggling to deal with Celtc's press, and their big lanky CH coming out with the ball (Hendry?), but once we settled the team and crowd properly came together.

Lewis STEVENSON put his head in where it hurts, and from there came a wonderful goal. Lewis in general was COLOSSAL.

By half an hour in, two things were clear: 1) the ref had got the memo, and 2) we were not going to take a backwards step.

The team:

Back four: absolutely immense. Decisive, confident, and unbowed. Lewis in particular first half was simply amazing.
    Rocky: for all his brain farts, there were two points where he kept us in the game with ridiculous saves.
    Ambrose, Hanlon, Lewis, Whittaker: never looked troubled.
    McGinn: a $#@!ing Apache, he is the heartbeat of our side, and every bit a player of Brown's stature.
    McGeouch: a $#@!ing metronome, he is the tick-tock of our side. What will we look like without both of them?
    Boyle: not his best game, how the HELL did that one for 3-0 not go in??!!
    Swanson: looked like he knew that this needed to be his best game for Hibs, and for my money it was. Brown never impacted the first half because Swanson occupied him at every level. He has a future here, on that form.
    MacLaren: GOAL. Pretty much not a lot else.
    Kamberi: my MOM by a country mile. Absolutely colossal. Have we had a better No9 in the last 10 years? Won everything, never stopped. i LOVE this lad.

My word. What an atmosphere. We fear no $#@!er. We must be tucking Kilmarnock away on Saturday. Then: who knows? Celtc fans I talked to on the way to the pub were clear: we're the second-best team in Scotland. I agree. Let's finish as such.

Brilliant day today.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    100% agree with Kamberi as MOM mate, the boy is an absolute machine, when was the last Hibs forward with such drive as the lad?

Anyway great just back mate 👍🏻
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report @aggie. I watched the game from the sanctity of Dub Towers and agree wholeheartedly with you - We were immense today.

Lewy was a god out there and to me was the man of the match but I take your point re Kamberi. I really hope we can sign this guy up long term.

Swanson played like a champion and you would be hard pushed to realise he doesn't get a lot of starts. The boy showed that when [if] The super Mc midfield moves on to pastures new he will fit right in.

A mention for Barker as well who came back from a fairly lengthy lay off and ripped their defence a new one. He maybe should have scored, he didn't but he was still terrific for the time he was on the pitch and is another I would like us to try and keep if we can.

I thought McLaren played OK and gives defences something to think about. I might be being greedy now but I would like to keep him as well.

All in all a brilliant display from Hibs and our game was much better than this Manure V Tottingham game I'm currently watching.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Great report, magnificent result, fantastic Hibernian performance.

For me the MOM was between Flo and Lewis, with Lewis just edging it. Like Paul, Lewis is a Mr Hibs.

I was very impressed with Danny's game, it was he not SJM who owned Brown, John did too, but he silenced that $#@!e from Celtc Fans that Tcham (Bless You) is better than John, not by a $#@!ing country mile is a he a patch on Super John. I will greet like a wee lassie when John finally leaves us.

Thanks Aggie!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2115 Post(s)
    Great report

Lewis I love you
    until the sky turns green

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)
    Good Just Back Ags , agree with most of that but Lewis was my MOTM and if were second best, wtf is better? 😁

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers for the report @aggie. I watched the game from the sanctity of Dub Towers and agree wholeheartedly with you - We were immense today.

Lewy was a god out there and to me was the man of the match but I take your point re Kamberi. I really hope we can sign this guy up long term.

Swanson played like a champion and you would be hard pushed to realise he doesn't get a lot of starts. The boy showed that when [if] The super Mc midfield moves on to pastures new he will fit right in.

A mention for Barker as well who came back from a fairly lengthy lay off and ripped their defence a new one. He maybe should have scored, he didn't but he was still terrific for the time he was on the pitch and is another I would like us to try and keep if we can.

I thought McLaren played OK and gives defences something to think about. I might be being greedy now but I would like to keep him as well.

All in all a brilliant display from Hibs and our game was much better than this Manure V Tottingham game I'm currently watching.
    Barker was $#@!in brill when he came on Dubster👍

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Good Just Back Ags , agree with most of that but Lewis was my MOTM and if were second best, wtf is better? 😁

- - - Updated - - -

Barker was $#@!in brill when he came on Dubster👍
    No I didnae mean he came on Dubster, I meanie he came on, dubster 😳

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    723 Post(s)

Just Back - our best performance of the season?

Thanks for the JB Aggie. I was at home listening on the radio as I’m skint again. It was torture not being there.

I actually thought Michael Stewart was going to do a sex wee at one stage such was his pleasure at the spectacle that was unfolding before him.

Maybe he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bofahibee; 22-04-18 at 11:30.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Thanks @aggie.

Am tempted to put you on the last 4 Just Backs. You keep getting games where all the magic happens - so if I thought it would influence us getting into Europe we'd be shipping you up to Sheep Ville and everywhere in between.

Every little helps
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)
    I thought Lewis was outstanding today and a told him just that after the game!!

Brilliant

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Hibs, to a man, were brilliant. Danny stepped up to show his worth, Whittaker showed his experience & versatility, McGeouch & McGinn showed why they are the best midfield duo in the league, Kamberi & Maclaren showed why they are the best strike pairing at Hibs in years, Boyle showed why Lennon has so much faith in him, Hanlon showed why he’s captain & why he’s worth a new 4 year deal, Barker & Slivka made a real impact when they came on, Efe showed outstanding maturity & composure, Marciano showed why he’s number 1, and Lewis was outstanding!

Brilliant management from Neil Lennon, I’ve felt he’s shown too much respect to Celtic a couple of times this season but not today - we dominated that match from start to finish. 4 games to go, keep it up and 2nd is ours.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1806 Post(s)
    These are special times.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    Cheers for that Aggie mate. We were brilliant today right at it from he first minute. What a difference in barker since he’s started driving at players and believing in himself instead of going back. Also delighted to see Danny get the time and performance he deserved. Only downside of today is Dylan’s Maybe fractured cheekbone. C’moooonnnn the cabbage

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1806 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Cheers for that Aggie mate. We were brilliant today right at it from he first minute. What a difference in barker since he’s started driving at players and believing in himself instead of going back. Also delighted to see Danny get the time and performance he deserved. Only downside of today is Dylan’s Maybe fractured cheekbone. C’moooonnnn the cabbage
    I heard Lewis mention it post match, but I could have sworn I saw Dylan driving his car in the car park after the game.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1685 Post(s)
    In Gladstones wee Danny's Dads boozer at a 60th.Pleased with his lads perfprmance.
    Splendid report Aggie. Will share with 500 St.Patrick's Branch members amigo.

GGTTH

BIG G
    St. Patrick's a Progressive Supporters Branch

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I heard Lewis mention it post match, but I could have sworn I saw Dylan driving his car in the car park after the game.
    Lennon said he was away for an X-ray so have to wait and see. Meant to say only thing I’d disagree with aggie on is MOTM, Griffiths was a real contender, cleared every attack they had for us until he went off

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Lennon said he was away for an X-ray so have to wait and see. Meant to say only thing I’d disagree with aggie on is MOTM, Griffiths was a real contender, cleared every attack they had for us until he went off
    He really disnae look like he’s trying does he?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4776 Post(s)
    Nice one aggie.

Cannae pick a motm, Kamberi, Lewis and SJM I thought were equal to Dylan.

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Great just back Aggie..
    Thought Danny was $#@! hot ,hope his injury,s not too bad.,Danny seems to never get a break...GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Cheers Aggie, Lewis was my MOTM, I think BT gave it to SJM, but you could’ve made a case for Flo or a few others TBH. We’ve matched Celtic in the league games this season that’s some achievement
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)
    What a day. Just home now & I am fully in love with Lewis Stevenson.

$#@!in Hibees
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    611 Post(s)

Heroes....

Apologies just back from a wedding do so pretty steamin' all I can say about today is our team are heroes, TO A MAN, heroes. We were the better team by a mile and fully deserved a victory. They did not, deserve their goal which led to a slightly nervous 5, yes 5 minutes of injury time. Lewy was my MOM for me, he had Jamie Forrest in his pocket. All this despite no Daz or Scotty Allan. I missed the match because of a wedding booked months in advance so to renege on that would have been grounds for divorce. So I made do with BT Sport on my laptop which kept disconnecting, but I saw enough..... If I had been doing Just back today it would have said 'they don't like it up em' and they didn't the soapies, capped by Brown's cynical 2nd half challenge which led to a booking. You know what Super John is BETTER than Broony.

Here is an anecdote - the wedding reception was at Leeds Irish Centre. When we got in you could hear a pin drop. There were a couple of dejected Soapie die-hards there, not for long!

Please Hibs is there some way we cannot break up this wonderful team?

Finally Danny, please more of the same!

Taking a slightly more sober look at Saturday, at times it was scary how much possession Celtic had in midfield, but our defence stood firm. What an electrifying spectacle. We didn't pay them too much respect and that was crucial.
    Last edited by jock3; 23-04-18 at 08:30.

Hungry Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    849 Post(s)
    Great report Aggie, thanks. But I for one am glad Boyle diddn't make it 3 - 0 as my money was on 2-1 at 22/1 so I'm a very happy Hibby.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    For me performance was down to mentality. Lenny has installed a mentality I've never seen in a hibs team. He's a winner and it's rubbing off right to the heart of our club.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3618 Post(s)
    My head is thumping this morning, but ... wow. These are some great times guys. I would give everything I own to keep this team together and see what we could do.

However, let's just enjoy it while it lasts. It really doesn't seem that long ago to me when Fenlon's team was playing in front of 8,000, and even for the visits of Hertz, Celtc, etc we were looking at 14,000 as a decent crowd. Not any more. The atmosphere yesterday was unlike any lunchtime KO I've been at - they're usually a bit flatter than other times, but it was absolutely ROCKING at some points yesterday.

One thing's for sure - if it's still all to play for when the Orcs come to town, it is gonnae be electric. Anyone who's remotely Hibs-minded should be securing themselves a ticket if they can.

First up, though: Killie's bubble popped by the Sheep. We need to come out like we did today, and we can put an end to that challenge. No way Killie can live with a Hibs team playing like they did yesterday.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    438 Post(s)
    In about them right from the start, just how it should be. Everybody played their part, special mention for Griffiths, with several contenders for man of the match. Keep this going and we'll finish clear of 3rd place.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3293 Post(s)
    Cheers aggie, its always good to read about it after witnessing it. Strength of mind comes into it, we went out there believing we could do it and the strength of character to make sure we did, and clearly the talent to destroy anyone in this league.
    Thought Mcginn/Dylan were totally immense, Danny brilliant, then Lewis/Hanlon and kamberi just wow.
    Top top team performance and management

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    Apologies just back from a wedding do so pretty steamin' all I can say about today is our team are heroes, TO A MAN, heroes. We were the better team by a mile and fully deserved a victory. They did not, deserve their goal which led to a slightly nervous 5, yes 5 minutes of injury time. Lewy was my MOM for me, he had Jamie Forrest in his pocket. All this despite no Daz or Scotty Allan. I missed the match because of a wedding booked months in advance so to renege on that would have been grounds for divorce. So I made do with BT Sport on my laptop which kept disconnecting, but I saw enough..... If I had been doing Just back today it would have said 'they don't like it up em' and they didn't the soapies, capped by Brown's cynical 2nd half challenge which led to a booking. You know what Super John is BETTER than Broony.

Here is an anecdote - the wedding reception was at Leeds Irish Centre. When we got in you could hear a pin drop. There were a couple of dejected Soapie die-hards there, not for long!

Please Hibs is there some way we cannot break up this wonderful team?

Finally Danny, please more of the same!
    Congrats tae yi both. Hope you have a long and happy marriage.😁

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    Aggie barry just back report mate. Was in Benidorm for a Stag and the boozer was rocking at full time. Brilliant!
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

GoGO Back To Forum