Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Back from another Maddening afternoon...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)

Just Back from another Maddening afternoon...

I know a fair number of the Bounce Diehard Massive love a wee trip to Dingly Dell but I'm going to be honest and say that, whilst I appreciate the scenic nature of the route, I really hope we don't have to go up there again for a very long time. 3 times this season we have trailed to The Black Isle up the $#@!tiest excuse for a main route as you will endure. Pot holed miles of single lane average speed camera hell stuck behind trucks and other vehicles bound by 50 mph rules, to watch our team plough their way for 90 minutes on a field that looked like a tractor had begun preparing it for sowing. And, you may have guessed, being given minimal protection from the tattie howking huddies in navy blue from our old friend Bobby Madden-ing.

Hibs started along predictable lines with SJM coming in for Whittaker but otherwise being the 11 that started against Hamilton midweek. Hibs started well enough without looking as fluent as they might. Good early chances fell to Kamberi, SJM and Boyle, amongst others but we were wasteful in front of the time wasting Fox's goal.

The home side, who probably thought all their Christmases had come at once when Efe failed to deal simply with a ball down his flank, only for the delivery into the area to get bogged down in the tattie furrows in the Hibs penalty area when Hanlon went to block...and sit up nicely for McKay to smack past a blameless Marciano. SJM looked like he wanted to take Efe's heid aff as he remonstrated with his overly casual team mate.

Before half time it looked like contract-renewing Paul Hanlon was about to header the equaliser but his downward effort somehow managed to avoid ending up in the back of the net and, despite the home side only having one shot on goal to our 6 or 7, they somehow went in a goal to the good. It was frustrating stuff.

From the first p of Maddening's pea whistle for the start of the 2nd half, Ross went about wasting time and doing everything in their power to disrupt Hibs' attempts to salvage the situation. Aided and abetted by the laissez faire refereeing of the official in the middle, foul after foul went in on McGinn and Allan, in particular. How Ross only got two yellow cards, I know not. Lennon, back in the dug out again, was spoken to for conveying much the same opinion.

McGregor, McLaren, Kamberi and Hanlon all came close as the half progressed but nothing seemed able to beat Fox. Kamberi worked as hard as always but was marshalled effectively by an outstanding Liam Fontaine.

Lennon rolled the dice, changed formation, brought on Whittaker for McLaren, put Lewis at centre mid, SJM at LWB. It got a bit more of a hold of the game in some respects but it wasn't until he replaced Allan and Efe with Swanson and Shaw (going 442) that the break through came. A good delivery from Danny was helped on by Kamberi for Shaw to smash home in the final minute and set us up for a frenetic four minutes of added on time.

We all thought Darren was going to bag the winner with a fine header on the final whistle but his effort went by the post by the finest of margins. I reckon County had 2 efforts on Rocky's goal all game. We probably had 6 or 7 times as many chances. We may rue those missed opportunities later on but we may also be grateful for a very important point. One that might just get us into Europe at the end of the season.

I really hope Plastic Whistle stay up. They try to play football. If County and Hamilton could both be demoted, I might believe there was still a God. Nice scenery, popular away day/overnight...I don't care. I've had enough of seeing my team blootered up and down the park unprotected, $#@!e tattie fields and plastic pitches.

The players...

Rocky - nothing to deal with. Faultless for the goal
    Lewis - one of our better performers. As if that needed to be told. 400 games, most of them the same
    Hanlon - horrible sticking of the ball in the sand/mud prevented him clearing the goal. Came close to equalizing before half time
    Darren - a standard Daz outing
    Efe - should have dealt with the ball before it was delivered in for the goal
    Allan - our main protagonist throughout was not protected
    SJM - moved to LWB and back again, also not protected
    Dylan - in and out of proceedings
    Boyle - in and out of proceedings
    Kamberi - Fonts did very well against him. Very well.
    McLaren- lots of persistent runs behind the defence
    Whittaker - okay
    Oli - idiot near us called him as "useful as a traffic cone" just before the traffic cone scored
    Danny - good delivery to create the goal opportunity

Maddening- maddening.

MotM...for us Allan for me. But the honest truth is Liam Fontaine would deserve it as much, if not more. He was very good today. Very good indeed.

No idea who we play next or where but once our Mickey Mouse league unveil the fixtures for the run in, we can settle the last 5 Just Backs...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Oh aye...and Draper should have been sent off.

Forgot to say that in all my tiredness.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7021 Post(s)
    Thanks J.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Thanks J pretty much as I saw it and agree Liam was good. I also agree about the trip, not for me, and would be happy if these time wasting cloggers went down and didnae come back. Even the Wimpy was expensive and reminded me nowt of my yoof.

My MoM was Daz, I thought he was Mr Hibs today.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks J pretty much as I saw it and agree Liam was good. I also agree about the trip, not for me, and would be happy if these time wasting cloggers went down and didnae come back. Even the Wimpy was expensive and reminded me nowt of my yoof.

My MoM was Daz, I thought he was Mr Hibs today.
    Overheard someone at the game say "you can't blame them for doing what they do, it's understandable".

No, it's no.

It's never acceptable for teams to make cynical foul after cynical foul. I'm genuinely sick of it.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Oh aye...and Draper should have been sent off.

Forgot to say that in all my tiredness.
    Simply a thug.

He managed a nice wee dunt into SJM’s coupon when he’d been toppled by another blootering tackle.
    Draper is simply a $#@!ebag.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)
    up the $#@!tiest excuse for a main route as you will endure. Pot holed miles of single lane average speed camera hell stuck behind trucks and other vehicles bound by 50 mph rules,
    Please try and spare a thought then for all us ST holders who live here that have to make this $#@!ing awful trip and back every time we travel to a home game...

If happiness won`t come to me hand me the nitrous gas.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Cheers for the view @SKII well appreciated. Apart fae the assist did DS do enough to impress you in the incredibly generous 15m or so he got?

Fair comment @Fritz 'n all

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    We did not have a cutting edge. Didn't move ball quick enough. Forwards were poor. Flo missed sitter at start of second half. Would like to see it again on TV. Allan I think has tailed off since played the Huns. Hopefully, ups game for top six. Daz, Hanlon and Lewis best for me. Our star names didn't perform. Hanlon really has turned into a leader. Latter part of game he's playing left wing driving boys on. I hope Barker is fit to make bench .

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaarlemShuffler View Post
    Cheers for the view @SKII well appreciated. Apart fae the assist did DS do enough to impress you in the incredibly generous 15m or so he got?

Fair comment @Fritz 'n all
    Honestly? No but he wasn't on for long and the factors mitigating the performance were the same for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    We did not have a cutting edge. Didn't move ball quick enough. Forwards were poor. Flo missed sitter at start of second half. Would like to see it again on TV. Allan I think has tailed off since played the Huns. Hopefully, ups game for top six. Daz, Hanlon and Lewis best for me. Our star names didn't perform. Hanlon really has turned into a leader. Latter part of game he's playing left wing driving boys on. I hope Barker is fit to make bench .
    Can we ask that you (and others) dinnae reply with quoting the Just Back report because it just squishes it up into a big long mess. A bigger mess than it is to start with. Each week we spend time tidying up the squished quotes. I've done it here again this morning. Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Please try and spare a thought then for all us ST holders who live here that have to make this $#@!ing awful trip and back every time we travel to a home game...

Well I can understand why you don't watch yerlocal side and that road is a joke. Maybe I'm just weary after my 3rd Just Back from up there this season. Nae fun coming back down the road then having to come up with some sort of sensible slaver. Nae doubting my tired grumpy state came through in this last night. One more long distance Just Back for me this season. Unless the Mickey Mouse league unveil fixtures that miraculously have the Sheep visit us for a 3rd time.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Thanks J pretty much as I saw it and agree Liam was good. I also agree about the trip, not for me, and would be happy if these time wasting cloggers went down and didnae come back. Even the Wimpy was expensive and reminded me nowt of my yoof.My MoM was Daz, I thought he was Mr Hibs today.
    Cannae agree more, sooner these Mickey Mouse teams are out the league, and the likes of Dunfermline/Falkirk etc are back the better. Will also bring larger supports to ER as well

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2642 Post(s)
    Thanks for the report..

It was always going to be a tough match up there on a bad pitch against a physical side fighting for their lives. It's never easy at Ross County at the best of times, and the fact is that every team in this league presents a difficult challenge so for Hibs to have done as well as they have done so far this season is commendable to say the least. Our last three matches against teams fighting relegation have given us a different kind of challenge to overcome. In my opinion we got a huge break against Thistle with their goal being disallowed wrongly, but we took advantage and won comfortably in the end especially after they went down to 10 men. Likewise on Tuesday night we gifted Hamilton a goal start but then quickly asserted ourselves and won easily again with the help of our opponents going down to 10 men. Ross County got a great morale boosting result against Partick on Tuesday night which must have raised their confidence levels big time, however Hibs got something from the game despite by all accounts not being at our best...albeit from a last minute equaliser from the emerging talent which is Oli Shaw.

We are not going to sweep teams aside in this league...we haven't done and we won't do. What we have done is established a strong winning mentality and a resilience which has helped us to a highly impressive fourth spot in the league coming up to the split. We still have a chance of finishing higher but that is going to be mightily difficult IMO and will require some big performances and some good fortune.

Well done to all the fans who travelled north yesterday and gave the team such good backing. Let's kick on now and give it everything we have got in these last five cup finals, no matter where or when they are played.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers.
    "the deadlock was never going to be long-lasting and when the first goal came it was a gem, a counter-attacking work of art."

Richard Bath, SoS, 27/9/09.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1018 Post(s)
    It's never acceptable for teams to make cynical foul after cynical foul. I'm genuinely sick of it.
    I'm $#@!ing sick of it as well.

Because it's avoidable.

All it takes is for a halfway competent referee to get a grip of it early, and it stops. Unfortunately, our officials are either unable or unwilling to actually protect teams that try and play football, while being perfectly happy to book those footballers when they accidentally trip someone in the pitch's most innocuous positions.

And another thing:

There should be some form of penalty for clubs that let their pitches get in that state. As with a never-ending run of bad tackles, it's avoidable irrespective of bleak Scottish winters. It's supposed to be professional sport, for $#@!'s sake, playing on a hardened pulled pork sandwich is absolutely ridiculous.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2115 Post(s)
    Think we will be the most fouled team in SPL at end of season with McGinn the most fouled player.

Likely we will have won more points after falling behind than any other team too.
    until the sky turns green

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Think we will be the most fouled team in SPL at end of season with McGinn the most fouled player.

Likely we will have won more points after falling behind than any other team too.
    Already are the most fouled team in the league with McGinn being the most fouled player. I found stats in the scotsman from January and we had been fouled 312 times with McGinn accounting for just over a fifth of these. It's scandalous that players like him don't get more protection from [my opinion] hun facing refs happy to see him blootered about the pitch if it stops Hibs monentum in challenging their favourites. I refuse to believe it's all down to incompetence.

I wouldnt bet against the third one either.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Already are the most fouled team in the league with McGinn being the most fouled player. I found stats in the scotsman from January and we had been fouled 312 times with McGinn accounting for just over a fifth of these. It's scandalous that players like him don't get more protection from [my opinion] hun facing refs happy to see him blootered about the pitch if it stops Hibs monentum in challenging their favourites. I refuse to believe it's all down to incompetence.

I never used to look at the “crime count” stats but this season I’ve always taken note of how the opposition ALWAYS commits a significantly greater number of fouls. However the yellow/red card tally rarely aligns with this. FWIW the gunts are the exact opposite!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post

The strange thing is , I have a few gunt mates (I know ) but they are adamant that SJM is a wee diver!! I can't think of anything further from the truth. He maybe does invite a challenge upon himself, but that's a different thing altogether.
    They all seem convinced he goes down easy, it's as if they spout the same nonesense enough times they actually believe it . The amount of times we have seen him fouled numerous times in a game , yet when he retaliates with a likewise challenge he receives a booking first offence .
    All the spl faults of industrial football, unfair split, familiarity playing teams countless times , fear of bringing youngster into the team , could so easily be helped by a bigger league playing each other home and away once. Of course it is all geared so the uglies can indulge in the bigot fest at the very least 4 times a season.
    The argument of of getting a payday from the visiting two cheeks has been proven as myth. It's something like an extra 400 onto your average attendance every other week , something which I think would happen with a more competitive and attractive league.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4776 Post(s)
    They are fairly dirty, gigantic too. the 5 must be the biggest lad in the top tier of Scottish football?

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    They are fairly dirty, gigantic too. the 5 must be the biggest lad in the top tier of Scottish football?
    Their number 5 is John Souttar’s ‘wee’ brother, Harry.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    Their number 5 is John Souttar’s ‘wee’ brother, Harry.
    And on the subject of big $#@!es............ I was 'bombed' by a gull on my way out at full time. This creature must have had a bigger arse than SJM going by the payload that hit me. It was a real dunt in the back - I turned to the guy walking behind me thinking he was trying to attract my attention "What the fcuk?"
    "No me mate" he said. "You just got shat on - and it's a fcukn beauty. That's lucky that is."

"What's fcukin lucky about it" I said as I had a quick look "it looks like somebody poured a tin of paint down my back"

"Lucky it missed me and got you mate, think it cleared my head by a few inches. Precision bombing."

I thought Ayr was bad for these $#@!s but they're like flying coos up in Dingly with the fcukin state of my jacket.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Souttar's ugly larger brother looked like (and played like) he was wearing American football gear. Like Ted McMinn on steroids.

Nae wonder the game is fecked when he passes as a top league player.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Souttar's ugly larger brother looked like (and played like) he was wearing American football gear. Like Ted McMinn on steroids.

Nae wonder the game is fecked when he passes as a top league player.
    I suggested to my nephew and sons their five was not human but a fecking big tree.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    And on the subject of big $#@!es............ I was 'bombed' by a gull on my way out at full time. This creature must have had a bigger arse than SJM going by the payload that hit me. It was a real dunt in the back - I turned to the guy walking behind me thinking he was trying to attract my attention "What the fcuk?""No me mate" he said. "You just got shat on - and it's a fcukn beauty. That's lucky that is.""What's fcukin lucky about it" I said as I had a quick look "it looks like somebody poured a tin of paint down my back""Lucky it missed me and got you mate, think it cleared my head by a few inches. Precision bombing."I thought Ayr was bad for these $#@!s but they're like flying coos up in Dingly with the fcukin state of my jacket.
    Were you wearing a khaki green jacket by any chance?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks for this, never made the game nor could I get anything on line. Just Backs are superb, keep up the good work
    I sponsored Fonts this season and was looking forward to collecting a legends boots, Due to the move to RC I will pick up Faycal Rherras’s boots ; only disappointment if the January window for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6727 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Were you wearing a khaki green jacket by any chance?
    A rather stylish Lacoste number, yes I was.

Did you wonder who the old jakey with the tin of emulsion paint down his back was?

It was indeed I.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    A rather stylish Lacoste number, yes I was.Did you wonder who the old jakey with the tin of emulsion paint down his back was?It was indeed I.
    I saw a photo of it on Twitter.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Me two, think the seagull was carrying a tin of emulsion!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2271 Post(s)
    Pics!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Pics!!Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I cannae post photos but here's the link to the tweet. https://twitter.com/callum_kane/stat...141398016?s=19

GoGO Back To Forum