Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)

Just back....

And I'm absolutely soaked!

First half the weather decided to tease us and stay pretty dry, just for the sky to open and give us the night we expected.
    Everyone I spoke to leading up to tonight seemed pretty confident and expected some goals.
    I'm always a bit suspicious when we're universally confident but we're really starting to deliver against the apparent lesser teams.

So, to the game!

We started off pretty slow, seemed sure about ourselves and carried the motions early on, then we lose the ball, Hamilton storm forward play 1 pass, one terrible cross later the ball is somehow in the net.. Marciano decided that tonight was a good time to throw a dud our way.
    What I seen during that goal though, was alot of players not properly chasing back during the counter, I was watching Allan at the time, he was closest to the first breaking player and then I noticed the rest.
    Another thing I noticed early on, was Darren thumping their number 20 and leaving him in a heap, that set the tone for what was to come at the end of the game.

Then we started to play a bit, freekick delivered somehow found Kamberi at the back post, that he completely thumped, he looked completely dumbfounded, he couldn't believe he missed but tbh I'm not sure how much of the ball he seen leading up to that, there was alot between him and the balls starting point. Lewis made space down the left, drilled in one of many crosses today and their keeper managed to thump it off the bar, I started to wonder if that was a sign of things to come.
    But! Then Hibs done something utterly magic. Our equaliser was a thing of true footballing beauty, led by the maestro that is Dylan McGeouch, finished by the tireless Flo Kamberi. I sit directly behind where all that played out and it was almost slow motion, any culé would be proud of that, eh @1875

The rest of the half was a bit uneventful imo, Hamilton fouled their way through it, making it a bit scrappy at times but we controlled the half, Efe was doing his best impressions of suicidal defending when he could. The ref was very eager with his early cardings, first 2 challenges of the game were carded and then a challenge worthy went unpunished. That was a sign of what was to come.

Half time was nice and wet, I didn't win the half time draw and my hot chocolate was rotten. Hope someone had better experiences there!

Second half Hibs played wider and further up the pitch, Hamilton tried to dig in and continue to foul their way through the game, eventually leading to Dougie Imrie seeing red for a second yellow, someone truely deserving a second yellow (I think?) moments later with a worse challenge seeing nothing at all. Then another good delivery sees Kamberi score his second, popping up at the back post to put it away!
    Some more fouls and refereeing inconsistency later and we get a confrontation between Rojano and McGregor, who just laughs at him, which the ref actually handled well, booked theirs and left Darren alone, then the same fanny keeps at it with Darren who just calmly noises him up for the next ten minutes leading to a perfect moment on the floor.
    A nice powerful squeal, on his knees infront of a momentarily quiet Easter Road, everyone around me spent the next 5 minutes screaming at him, it really was good entertainment. Kamberi continued to throw himself at everything looked for his third goal, and surprisingly for someone hunting a hat trick, he continued to work out chances for his team mates, trying to set Boyle up, Allan up.
    He finally got his hat trick and deserved much more tbh.

Right,
    The players.

Marciano, gifted a goal, for no reason at all. Nothing else to do all night, bar a couple simple passes, I was terrified the whole time tbh. Would like to see him benched.
    Hanlon, left center back, captain, solid, battled and won everything, got forward and just about looks quality all the time now. Assisted the last goal.
    McGregor, middle of the three, more solid, more committed and hard as nails. Noised Rojano up to no end and never even looked bothered himself, a true Hibs man living the dream.
    Efe, right of the free, scary as $#@! but how can't you love him, his class is on show, a little too often perhaps, but that's the price of what he brings, wish he'd release the ball, much quicker.
    Lewis, wide left, as far forward as he could be all game, solid, direct, involved in the first goal, which was beautiful, my hero, nuff said!
    Boyle, wide right, always as far forward as possible, maybe a bit too confident in himself at times, but he's great to watch when he opens up, grabbed an assist for the second goal.
    Whittaker, Holding midfielder, not gonna lie, I've always been scared of this, as thats where he played on my lowest ever Hibs day, but he looked decent, played well, moved the ball about and kept his body between the ball and the Hamilton players, changed my opinion on that tonight. Although, he still looks a little casual at times, taking a few hits tonight shook that out of him.
    Dylan McGeouch, the middle of everything, he's in fantastic form, orchestrated the first goal, which was beautiful, controlled the midfield and he needs to be here next year, it just makes sense.
    Scott Allan, attacking midfield, sort of the driving force when he gets to be, working harder with McGinn out, plays a wicked corner, him and Hibs seem to be the perfect storm, not his best outing since returning, but once it heats up he's worth the watch.
    Jamie McLaren, Spent the first half offside, he makes loads of sharp runs in behind defenders that we don't make enough of, tonight wasn't the night for him but I can't question his workrate or commitment.
    Flo Kamberi, had to finish it here, hat trick hero, scorer of the first goal, which was beautiful, the second goal and funnily enough the third goal, I hope he went and got the match ball afterwards, he didn't look like he was getting it in the afters? His performance as a whole though, was worthy of man of the match, at 1-1 I had already decided on him. He battles for everything, aerial, on the ground, tracking back, out wide, brings the ball in, brings it down, looks up, has decent feet, with a heavy touch at times.
    Great performance tonight from him, brilliant.
    Controversially though, I think he might be better up top as a lone striker, knock ons don't seem to be his thing naturally, so the likes of McLaren aren't benefitting, tonight was perfect from him though. Could've had 5 easily.

Subs,
    We brought Marv on to add a physical presence as Whittaker ran out of steam first, didn't need to do too much, just let people know he was there.
    On came Shaw for McLaren and he got himself involved in our counters and I'm sure he played the release before the last goal?
    Then Swanson got a few more minutes this time out, and looked like he wanted to prove a point, went on a solo mission, turned and almost scored a thump after the keeper fluffed it. I know a little bit more to the Swanson thing that I'll go into another time. I don't think it's going to go past the summer, but he obviously only wants to show he can play here.

The referee was completely inconsistent, but he tried to back up the foul tally with cards. I think Neil is getting to these refs, the more spiteful ones though, could be an issue.

Crowd, just over 15000 with around 50 travelling supporters. Good support on a miserable night, well done all!

I left a happy Hibee.
    Goodnight all! Sorry this is massive and late as can be, catch you all tomorrow!!
    Last edited by Hammi; 03-04-18 at 23:13.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I'm absolutely soaked!

Then we started to play a bit, freekick delivered somehow found
    But! Then Hibs done something utterly magic. Our equaliser was a thing of true footballing beauty, led by the maestro that is Dylan McGeouch, finished by the tireless Flo Kamberi. I sit directly behind where all that played out and it was almost slow motion, any culé would be proud of that, eh @1875

I left a happy Hibee.
    Me too!

The first goal was from the Pep Guardiola school of Futbol for Culés!

Flo was presented with the match ball, he was last man off.

Excellent summary Hammi, thank you!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Good report..thanks.

Rocky made a mess of a cross for their goal but it wasn't an easy ball to take for the goalkeeper due to the wet conditions and it was a decent ball in. No excuses though he should have done better. Brilliant team goal for Kamberi's first. I thought Flo had a great game and I hope we are looking to tie him up on a permanent deal. We deserved to win tonight but I honestly think we miss John McGinn massively when he is not playing and I think Scott Allan is less effective as well when McGinn is missing. Again I thought Steven Whittaker played well before tiring in the second half. Dylan McGeouch outstanding. Good to see Danny Swanson at long last coming on and showing what he is capable of. I still believe he can have a big future at Hibs.

Great win..pity Motherwell couldn't have taken something from Aberdeen who look like they have hit rich form again at the right time. Big game on Saturday at Ross County. They will have gained huge confidence after winning 4-0 tonight.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1234 Post(s)
    Cheers.
    Can't disagree with any of that , spot on.
    Scott Allan just dosent do tackling does he?
    He does however offer a lot of other great football attributes.
    You say Whittaker played in your lowest Hibs moment, what I am missing?
    And you've taken the shine off a good night for me hinting that Danny might be on his way . I so much want him to do well here, he has so much to offer, a really skilful entertaining player, and a Hibby to boot. Here's hoping things get sorted out.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers, Hammi.
    "the deadlock was never going to be long-lasting and when the first goal came it was a gem, a counter-attacking work of art."

Richard Bath, SoS, 27/9/09.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Just finished the game via Hibs TV. Won the game pretty comfortably, and still felt we had another gear. Rocky made a howler for the goal and his kicking was dire. Always get the feeling Daz isn't filled with confidence in him either. Flo was superb up front, took his goals well. Double edged sword as every goal he scores adds a wee bit more value to his price tag. With Lennon, Barker end McGinn all back, future is pretty rosy.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers.
    Can't disagree with any of that , spot on.
    Scott Allan just dosent do tackling does he?
    He does however offer a lot of other great football attributes.
    You say Whittaker played in your lowest Hibs moment, what I am missing?
    And you've taken the shine off a good night for me hinting that Danny might be on his way . I so much want him to do well here, he has so much to offer, a really skilful entertaining player, and a Hibby to boot. Here's hoping things get sorted out.
    He played in midfield, in the 4-0 semi vs hearts, which was the game that left me feeling that way. Not his fault like, just my memory of him as a midfielder.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report Hammi! Just watched the BBC highlights, noticed a couple of things. Boyle's pace and trickery got Imrie sent off, add to that his assist and that's a good night's work. Flo's header was far from the straightforward chance they made it out to be on Sportsound, had to generate his own pace on it and be very precise
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    610 Post(s)
    Cheers Hammi. that was a very satisfying win against a horrible outfit that have somehow transpired to be our bogey team this season. It reminded me of the Partick game - patience, good football and determination winning through against a team who set out to spoil. I feel a wee bit for Partick and in a strange way I'd rather see them stay up than Hamilton, as they attempted to play a wee bit of football.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2617 Post(s)
    Great stuff Hammi , hope Lennon’s been on the phone tae Flos agent. He gets better every week. And if the rumours are true aboot DG, and Super, were lookin good for next season. Having a near enough settled side has helped us since the break, long may it continue.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

GoGO Back To Forum