vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)

London Murder Rate Overtakes NY

Seems knife crime is becoming pretty rampant even though it's illegal to carry a knife with a blade bigger than 3 inches. Interesting how social media is blamed for the increase is knife attacks, but when it comes to guns it's a different story.

London murder rate overtakes New York for first time ever after spate of fatal stabbings and shootings

© Provided by Independent Digital News & Media Limited London has overtaken New York City’s murder rate for the first time in contemporary history as the capital has been overwhelmed with a spate of stabbings.
    According to a new report, February was the first month the UK capital was home to more murders than the US city.
    London has endured a significant increase in knife crime, with 15 dying in February, nine of whom were aged 30 or younger. Meanwhile 14 were killed in the Big Apple.
    London also suffered 22 fatal stabbings and shootings in March, higher than the 21 which took place in New York, according to the report in the Sunday Times.
    Both cities have populations of similar sizes which are around 8.5 million people.
    While New York City's murder rate has gone down - decreasing by around 87 per cent since the 1990's - the Big Smoke’s has simultaneously surged. London's has increased by nearly 40 per cent in the space of three years alone - not including deaths caused by terrorist attacks.
    A murder probe was launched on Saturday after a 36-year-old woman was killed in what is thought to be the 30th incident of fatal knife crime in London this year.
    The death came just hours after a 23-year-old man was fatally stabbed in the neck in Plumstead, south-east London on Thursday evening.
    Fatal stabbings in England and Wales are now at their highest levels since 2011 - growing by 12 per cent in the year ending December 2017.
    Cressida $#@!, commissioner of the Metropolitan police, has said social media is in part to blame for the rise in knife violence.
    The report comes days after it was revealed fatal stabbings are taking place every three days in London amid concerns of a resurgence of “postcode wars” between battling gangs.
    The closing gap of the murder rate between New York and London has been partially attributed to the differences in tactics adopted by the two police forces.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    It's worth pointing out that NY has some of the toughest gun laws in the US, compare the murder rates in lesser cities like Chicago, Baltimore and even Bompton.No one walks into a schools and mass stabs folks, no one gets hit by a stray knife. And knifes definitely can't get a stify uh. No knives are used in Hollywood blockbusters in a cool way. Fwiw, I'm a responsible knife owner, I keep my knives in a safe.
    I love gin
    Gin in a tin
    I just don't think you understand
    I don't care what you think
    I really love to drink
    I love gin in a tin.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's worth pointing out that NY has some of the toughest gun laws in the US, compare the murder rates in lesser cities like Chicago, Baltimore and even Bompton.No one walks into a schools and mass stabs folks, no one gets hit by a stray knife. And knifes definitely can't get a stify uh. No knives are used in Hollywood blockbusters in a cool way. Fwiw, I'm a responsible knife owner, I keep my knives in a safe.
    It's irrelevant whether it's a knife, gun or whatever. These incidents are on the rise for some reason or other. Just like I don't think it's 100% a gun problem, it's certainly not a knife problem. If you don't think humanity has turned a corner and the value of life is dwindling, your kidding yourself on. So the question is, why are these death tolls and knife crimes on the rise? Not buying the gangs and drugs. That's been around for decades.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    902 Post(s)
    The fact that the rise seems exclusive to one city in the UK would make increased gang activity and poor policing seem plausible, no? If was a general decrease in the value of human life you'd expect the same increase on the streets of Dublin, Dundee, Humberside...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that the rise seems exclusive to one city in the UK would make increased gang activity and poor policing seem plausible, no? If was a general decrease in the value of human life you'd expect the same increase on the streets of Dublin, Dundee, Humberside...
    Panic on the streets of Carlisle!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

GoGO Back To Forum