Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 38 of 38

Thread: Ok lets not talk about Isreal

  1. #1
    Radge Private Member
    moathibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    3,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64

    Ok lets not talk about Isreal

    Lets talk about Whisky, porridge and what music are you listening to, no wonder the Bounce is dead.

  2. #2
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,484
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1275
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1461
    What's stopping you starting a thread?

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Okay I'll bite. I give zero fuks what goes on in the Middle East

  4. #4
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    We need to talk about Kevin
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  5. #5
    Radge Private Member
    moathibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    3,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay I'll bite. I give zero fuks what goes on in the Middle East
    ok fair enough, the death of 17 palestinians at the hands of an apartheid state every bit as bad as the former south Africa might not bother you,carry on talking about what goes in your porridge and whether Primal Scream are still relevant to todays world, but lets face it, since EGB and Zittellis Heid dropped out,the Bounce has turnned into something akin to a tupperware party, and a poor one at that.

  6. #6
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    842 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    392
    A fair point, badly made.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  7. #7
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok fair enough, the death of 17 palestinians at the hands of an apartheid state every bit as bad as the former south Africa might not bother you,carry on talking about what goes in your porridge and whether Primal Scream are still relevant to todays world, but lets face it, since EGB and Zittellis Heid dropped out,the Bounce has turnned into something akin to a tupperware party, and a poor one at that.
    And this is how you start the conversation?

    Could have just started a thread in the first place?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  8. #8
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok fair enough, the death of 17 palestinians at the hands of an apartheid state every bit as bad as the former south Africa might not bother you,carry on talking about what goes in your porridge and whether Primal Scream are still relevant to todays world, but lets face it, since EGB and Zittellis Heid dropped out,the Bounce has turnned into something akin to a tupperware party, and a poor one at that.
    It is horrendous; can't disagree with you there. I think a lot of folk, certainly in the media/parliament are afraid to criticise Israel for fear that their criticism will be conflated as anti-semite which to me is a ridiculous notion. The Israeli's are nothing short of murderous $#@!s. As others have said though. You sniping at people doesn't help to generate discussion mate.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  9. #9
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok fair enough, the death of 17 palestinians at the hands of an apartheid state every bit as bad as the former south Africa might not bother you,carry on talking about what goes in your porridge and whether Primal Scream are still relevant to todays world, but lets face it, since EGB and Zittellis Heid dropped out,the Bounce has turnned into something akin to a tupperware party, and a poor one at that.
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that NOTHING can be done to solve the problems in that part of the world. I choose to ignorantly go about my business and ignore everything that happens in that part of the world.

  10. #10
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago, that NOTHING can be done to solve the problems in that part of the world. I choose to ignorantly go about my business and ignore everything that happens in that part of the world.
    I don't think there is any real will from GB and USA parliaments to do anything for two reasons.

    1. They are seen as a nation that can keep muslim nations in check to some extent, because of there military strength.
    2. Both GB and the USA sell them the weapons to facilitate that might.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  11. #11
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there is any real will from GB and USA parliaments to do anything for two reasons.

    1. They are seen as a nation that can keep muslim nations in check to some extent, because of there military strength.
    2. Both GB and the USA sell them the weapons to facilitate that might.
    It's just a toxic part of the world that's never really stopped fighting for god knows how long. Money, oil, greed and corruption is more important than anything else.

  12. #12
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3618 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2910
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    since EGB and Zittellis Heid dropped out
    You're hardly a regular, buddy. Got some front moaning about the rest of us.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  13. #13
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    884
    @moathibby.

    Is there anything of relevance to add to the debates we once had on this subject? Any new information?

    Neither of the two Bouncers you mentioned were ever likely to change their views on Israel, nor anyone else for that matter so it would have been the same points recycled over and over.

    Excuse the wording but Israel has been done to death on here.
    Space to let

  14. #14
    Bounce Flag Co-Owner



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    723 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    402
    You should see the stick Bobby Gillespie is getting for posting a picture of the green brigade’s Palestinian flag display on Primal Scream’s Facebook page. Extraordinary level of hatred. I’m stunned that folk don’t have a jot of sympathy for unarmed people being killed by tanks and bullets.

    The other thing that surprised me was that Bobby said he was a Celtic supporter. I kind of assumed he was a Hun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Shameless Radge




    PILTONSTANY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh's Waterfront
    Posts
    13,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2851 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    760
    Looks a nice place to go on Holiday,anyone been?
    There's no other way
    There's no other way
    All that you can do
    Is watch them play

  16. #16
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    37,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6221 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4618
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a nice place to go on Holiday,anyone been?
    I think around 1000 tartan army are heading there?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  17. #17
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a nice place to go on Holiday,anyone been?
    yes

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7023 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a nice place to go on Holiday,anyone been?
    I'd not give the murdering ****s a penny of my money.

  19. #19
    Atlanta Hibs Radge


    barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by PILTONSTANY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a nice place to go on Holiday,anyone been?
    i lived there for a couple of years.

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    884
    Been to Damascus and Beirut and Jordan. Going back to Jordan next year. At the time, 1980s, if you had an Israeli visa they wouldn't let you in these places and anything from Marks and Spencer in your luggage was confiscated!

    I suppose that's the opposition though!

  21. #21
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been to Damascus and Beirut and Jordan. Going back to Jordan next year. At the time, 1980s, if you had an Israeli visa they wouldn't let you in these places and anything from Marks and Spencer in your luggage was confiscated!

    I suppose that's the opposition though!
    Make sure you visit Petra if you've not been before - stunning place. Worth hiring a guide and doing the walking tour.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  22. #22
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make sure you visit Petra if you've not been before - stunning place. Worth hiring a guide and doing the walking tour.
    Yup. Will do.
    Space to let

  23. #23
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make sure you visit Petra if you've not been before - stunning place. Worth hiring a guide and doing the walking tour.
    On my bucket list.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  24. #24
    Nutty Radge
    whiskas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @moathibby.

    Is there anything of relevance to add to the debates we once had on this subject? Any new information?

    Neither of the two Bouncers you mentioned were ever likely to change their views on Israel, nor anyone else for that matter so it would have been the same points recycled over and over.

    Excuse the wording but Israel has been done to death on here.
    Have to agree with this 100% EGB in particular had a nice turn of phrase but was set in his ways and not exactly renowned for considering other people’s opinions. In saying that he did kick off some interesting discussions

  25. #25
    Donator
    HenryLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1241 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    351
    The internet stopped being about debate about a decade ago. Now it's for reinforcing your preconceived opinions with memes paid for by shadowy black ops teams and non-state actors.

    Seriously though, from the tenor of the OP's message I assume you want a good old cathartic yell about what $#@!s the Israelis are, as opposed to an actual discussion? Not sure what good that would do, other than making you feel a bit better.
    so what do I know

  26. #26
    Radge Private Member
    moathibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    3,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    64
    No what I was wanting to do was have a debate about something serious for once,Jeremy Corbyn has been hauld over the coals for a problem that hardly exists in the Labour party, a charge of anti sematism,to date I think the amount of anti sematism found within that party runs to something like 74 cases.That's 74 cases out of a membership of more than 6hundred thousand party members.Somebody better at arithmetic than I will be able to tell you what kind of percentage that represents.Why is it happening ?It's because any sort of criticism of the Isreali state is completely sacrosanct in mainstream politics.A large part of that is down to the hold the Friends Of Isreal have over Labour, the Liberals and in particular the Torie party.
    ```Now last friday 17 people lie dead and thousands are in hospital killed by the IDF in what amounts to a shoot to kill policy.
    `````This is backed up by a state which is busy deporting thousands back to other countries particularly back to African countries simply because of the colour of their skin.
    ```This is a state to which there is an apartheid system being imposed which is every bit as bad as that which was present in the former South Africa,where more than a thousand children under the age of 16 have been incarcerated.Where people in Gaza and the west bank are treated to the utmost cruelty,where they are being kicked out of their homes by settlers, where they are having their land stolen off them,and where the settlers build golf courses and swimming pools whilst the Palestinians go without clean water to drink and go without decent medical aid.
    Meanwhile what is the West doing about it?Supplying it with fighter planes and weapons simply because Isreal is seen as the watchdog within that area so that the US and the rest of the super powers can have a foothold in that area.
    Rant over now back to your knitting patterns.

  27. #27
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No what I was wanting to do was have a debate about something serious for once,Jeremy Corbyn has been hauld over the coals for a problem that hardly exists in the Labour party, a charge of anti sematism,to date I think the amount of anti sematism found within that party runs to something like 74 cases.That's 74 cases out of a membership of more than 6hundred thousand party members.Somebody better at arithmetic than I will be able to tell you what kind of percentage that represents.Why is it happening ?It's because any sort of criticism of the Isreali state is completely sacrosanct in mainstream politics.A large part of that is down to the hold the Friends Of Isreal have over Labour, the Liberals and in particular the Torie party.
    ```Now last friday 17 people lie dead and thousands are in hospital killed by the IDF in what amounts to a shoot to kill policy.
    `````This is backed up by a state which is busy deporting thousands back to other countries particularly back to African countries simply because of the colour of their skin.
    ```This is a state to which there is an apartheid system being imposed which is every bit as bad as that which was present in the former South Africa,where more than a thousand children under the age of 16 have been incarcerated.Where people in Gaza and the west bank are treated to the utmost cruelty,where they are being kicked out of their homes by settlers, where they are having their land stolen off them,and where the settlers build golf courses and swimming pools whilst the Palestinians go without clean water to drink and go without decent medical aid.
    Meanwhile what is the West doing about it?Supplying it with fighter planes and weapons simply because Isreal is seen as the watchdog within that area so that the US and the rest of the super powers can have a foothold in that area.
    Rant over now back to your knitting patterns.
    I hate to say this Moaty but why don't you stick your banner up on a Labour forum? Your insults devalue your message here.

    There's nothing changed in Israel or the Middle East since we last thought they were a rogue nation. Saying it over and over on here has had the same effect as praying.

    One thing that's changed is some bunch putting up £1m reward to any Labour member dobbing in Corbyn for anything antisemitic!

    But that's a problem for the Labour Party.
    Space to let

  28. #28
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No what I was wanting to do was have a debate about something serious for once,Jeremy Corbyn has been hauld over the coals for a problem that hardly exists in the Labour party, a charge of anti sematism,to date I think the amount of anti sematism found within that party runs to something like 74 cases.That's 74 cases out of a membership of more than 6hundred thousand party members.Somebody better at arithmetic than I will be able to tell you what kind of percentage that represents.Why is it happening ?It's because any sort of criticism of the Isreali state is completely sacrosanct in mainstream politics.A large part of that is down to the hold the Friends Of Isreal have over Labour, the Liberals and in particular the Torie party.
    ```Now last friday 17 people lie dead and thousands are in hospital killed by the IDF in what amounts to a shoot to kill policy.
    `````This is backed up by a state which is busy deporting thousands back to other countries particularly back to African countries simply because of the colour of their skin.
    ```This is a state to which there is an apartheid system being imposed which is every bit as bad as that which was present in the former South Africa,where more than a thousand children under the age of 16 have been incarcerated.Where people in Gaza and the west bank are treated to the utmost cruelty,where they are being kicked out of their homes by settlers, where they are having their land stolen off them,and where the settlers build golf courses and swimming pools whilst the Palestinians go without clean water to drink and go without decent medical aid.
    Meanwhile what is the West doing about it?Supplying it with fighter planes and weapons simply because Isreal is seen as the watchdog within that area so that the US and the rest of the super powers can have a foothold in that area.
    Rant over now back to your knitting patterns.
    Then why didn't you formulate your OP in to something that would resemble the start of a debate. You started off basically insulting everyone on the bounce and have continued that trend in the post above.

    Israel are ****s and I abhor what they are doing - for the record.

    Also, are only debates that you are involved in deemed "serious enough" . Try taking part in debates sometime instead of showing up and sniping at people ffs.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  29. #29
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6727 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220
    Wasted a few minutes reading this thread when I could have been knitting.


  30. #30
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6928 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasted a few minutes reading this thread when I could have been knitting.

    At this rate you'll never finish that jumper you're knitting for @Wannabehibee
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  31. #31
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,484
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2271 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1992
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this rate you'll never finish that jumper you're knitting for @Wannabehibee
    Don't mention space invaders on an Israel thread, Dub!

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't mention space invaders on an Israel thread, Dub!

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Haha! 😂
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  33. #33
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1396
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3294 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't mention space invaders on an Israel thread, Dub!

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Haha nice one Beefy
    GGTTH

  34. #34
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,900
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5220 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Count yet blessings folks we've not had a thread from 2012 revived recently.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  35. #35
    Donator
    HenryLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1241 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by moathibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No what I was wanting to do was have a debate about something serious for once,Jeremy Corbyn has been hauld over the coals for a problem that hardly exists in the Labour party, a charge of anti sematism,to date I think the amount of anti sematism found within that party runs to something like 74 cases.That's 74 cases out of a membership of more than 6hundred thousand party members.Somebody better at arithmetic than I will be able to tell you what kind of percentage that represents.Why is it happening ?It's because any sort of criticism of the Isreali state is completely sacrosanct in mainstream politics.A large part of that is down to the hold the Friends Of Isreal have over Labour, the Liberals and in particular the Torie party.
    ```Now last friday 17 people lie dead and thousands are in hospital killed by the IDF in what amounts to a shoot to kill policy.
    `````This is backed up by a state which is busy deporting thousands back to other countries particularly back to African countries simply because of the colour of their skin.
    ```This is a state to which there is an apartheid system being imposed which is every bit as bad as that which was present in the former South Africa,where more than a thousand children under the age of 16 have been incarcerated.Where people in Gaza and the west bank are treated to the utmost cruelty,where they are being kicked out of their homes by settlers, where they are having their land stolen off them,and where the settlers build golf courses and swimming pools whilst the Palestinians go without clean water to drink and go without decent medical aid.
    Meanwhile what is the West doing about it?Supplying it with fighter planes and weapons simply because Isreal is seen as the watchdog within that area so that the US and the rest of the super powers can have a foothold in that area.
    Rant over now back to your knitting patterns.
    As far as I can follow your argument, you seem to think that Israel and its sympathisers control the Labour party to the extent they can force it to apologise for something that doesn't exist, just as a pre-emptive way of preventing them criticising Israel. That actually seems like it borders on an antisemitic trope in itself.
    so what do I know

  36. #36
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Ffs I just dropped my stitch.

  37. #37
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1234 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    652
    If we want to get serious about Israel, can someone tell me what's their best whisky?

  38. #38
    Radge Private Member
    Chester Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we want to get serious about Israel, can someone tell me what's their best whisky?
    They don't make whisky, only whiskey. Oy vey.
    I love gin
    Gin in a tin
    I just don't think you understand
    I don't care what you think
    I really love to drink
    I love gin in a tin.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Lets talk eggs
    By Jack in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-04-10, 16:52
  2. Talk Talk Broadband
    By Nabbz in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-11-09, 09:45
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-09, 17:33
  4. Talk 107 - No more
    By Hibsean in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 20-12-08, 16:13
  5. Talk 107
    By Deeks Second Coming in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-06, 22:03

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •