Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Ivan Sproule at the Huns v Hibs game - in the Hun Hordes.

  1. #1
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220

    Ivan Sproule at the Huns v Hibs game - in the Hun Hordes.


  2. #2
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    We turned a wee blind eye to Ivan celebrating the old Huns title win back in 2005....

  3. #3
    Skivin cooncil Radge
    greencol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    peterhead
    Posts
    7,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good lad Ivan.

    Remember seeing him come on as a substitute against ICT on a cold night with Hibs getting a doing. His first appearance IIRC. Pace to burn , but not much else at that time.

    Went on to become the fans favourite. Rightly so.

    Speaks well of Lewis in that interview.
    Ever play this game chief?

  4. #4
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1992
    "green trainers on"

    Top lad oor Ivan

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by greencol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good lad Ivan.

    Remember seeing him come on as a substitute against ICT on a cold night with Hibs getting a doing. His first appearance IIRC. Pace to burn , but not much else at that time.

    Went on to become the fans favourite. Rightly so.

    Speaks well of Lewis in that interview.
    I remember that. Humped 3-0 I think. And, as you say, perishing. An inauspicious start to a great story.
    GGTTH

  6. #6
    Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! BVilleggiante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Ivan's one of the reason's I started supporting Hibs and not the Gunts. Him sitting in the Huns end won't change how much I loved watching him the first time he was here.

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,723
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    884
    He was there with his son's club. Sitting on his hands.

    No issue.
    Space to let

  8. #8
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Would've been much easier for them to get a team of kids into their end than ours.

    Even before reading the article we all knew he'd have loved it.
    Good man is our Ivan!

  9. #9
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220
    Quote Originally Posted by BVilleggiante View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ivan's one of the reason's I started supporting Hibs and not the Gunts. Him sitting in the Huns end won't change how much I loved watching him the first time he was here.
    Ivan admitted to being a boyhood Hun, and he still had hunnish tendencies in his early days at ER as Smurf alluded to.
    The man has admitted to now 'bleeding green' and the interview makes it quite clear where his allegiance now lies - and it aint with the Zombies.

    Read it - you'll just love him even more.


  10. #10
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    621
    Nice to hear of such a fine player like Ivan's reminisces though being in the "Scotlands Shame 2012" end is a bit of very typical EEN sappy wee non story.

    Now Ivan celebrating a "Scotland's Shame 1872" title win in his Hibs strip on the pitch at the end of a game which after 75 minutes the players and respective management teams carved up and fixed the result (0:1) now that was a real story.

    EEN or anyone else didn't touch it with a bargepole.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 10-02-18 at 07:39.

  11. #11
    Nutty Radge
    whiskas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Reading that article makes me love Sproule even more (if that's possible)

  12. #12
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading that article makes me love Sproule even more (if that's possible)
    As with all things concerning Ivan.

    Anything is possible.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  13. #13
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1458
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice to hear of such a fine player like Ivan's reminisces though being in the "Scotlands Shame 2012" end is a bit of very typical EEN sappy wee non story.

    Now Ivan celebrating a "Scotland's Shame 1874" title win in his Hibs strip on the pitch at the end of a game which after 75 minutes the players and respective management teams carved up and fixed the result (0:1) now that was a real story.

    EEN or anyone else didn't touch it with a bargepole.
    Was at the game but can’t remember him doing anything much, is this not a bit of an internet myth?
    until the sky turns green

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was at the game but can’t remember him doing anything much, is this not a bit of an internet myth?
    No. He danced in front of them.

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was at the game but can’t remember him doing anything much, is this not a bit of an internet myth?
    At the end of the game he went up to the "Scotland's Shame 1872" supporters did a wee jig and gave his "pals" the big clenched fist "ya beauty"pose.

    You had to be here the next morning for the apolyptic fall out though I remember defending him for it as I would expect Leigh to do the same.

    The last 15 minutes tippy tappy score fixing charade seems to have been lost in history yet I always though that was a very significant historical moment in Scottish football as cant think it had ever happened before or since.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 10-02-18 at 07:40.

  16. #16
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1396
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3286 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the game he went up to the "Scotland's Shame 1874" supporters did a wee jig and gave his "pals" the big clenched fist "ya beauty"pose.

    You had to be here the next morning for the apolyptic fall out though I remember defending him for it as I would expect Leigh to do the same.

    The last 15 minutes tippy tappy score fixing charade seems to have been lost in history yet I always though that was a very significant historical moment in Scottish football as cant think it had ever happened before or since.
    I mind of being raging at the game, cant remember if other results could’ve swayed the title, but at the time we were shouting at the team to go for it, hearts were lying down to the sheep which the dirty rats fail to remember, so hoping the sheep would catch us on goal difference...i didnt want the huns winning the league at ER... was that the pitch invasion game?? Can’t remember now

  17. #17
    Radge Donator
    alnewhaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,996
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Yeah pitch invasion. Wasn’t the Aberdeen game a bit tight so could have backfired. I don’t recall Ivan celebrating in front of the Hun tbh

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mind of being raging at the game, cant remember if other results could’ve swayed the title, but at the time we were shouting at the team to go for it, hearts were lying down to the sheep which the dirty rats fail to remember, so hoping the sheep would catch us on goal difference...i didnt want the huns winning the league at ER... was that the pitch invasion game?? Can’t remember now
    I think Aberdeen got within 2 goals of us at maybe 3:0 v Hearts and needed 5:0.

    "Scotland's Shame 1872" were 0:1 up and Celtc were blowing the title by losing to Scott MacDonald's goals v Motherwell.

    Tony Mowbray and maybe it was McLeish then told all the players to down tools and both teams withdrew into their own half's and tapped the ball around.

    Hibs qualified for Europe, "Scotland's Shame 1872" won the title and Ivan had a double celebration and there was a mini pitch invasion from fans of both clubs.

    My memory at the end was of that "God botherer" Marvin Andrews praying his eternal thanks to his God in the centre circle. Couldnae blame him really.

    Really mental game.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 10-02-18 at 07:42.

  19. #19
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5212 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Helicopter Sunday. Germany v Austria the rerun.

    Horrible day.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1458
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the end of the game he went up to the "Scotland's Shame 1874" supporters did a wee jig and gave his "pals" the big clenched fist "ya beauty"pose.

    You had to be here the next morning for the apolyptic fall out though I remember defending him for it as I would expect Leigh to do the same.

    The last 15 minutes tippy tappy score fixing charade seems to have been lost in history yet I always though that was a very significant historical moment in Scottish football as cant think it had ever happened before or since.
    think that was while the entire Hibs squad were walking past the Huns end during our sort of lap of honour, can't say it bothered me, maybe Ivan spotted someone he knew.

    the rage of the late lamented Kev R on here the next morning was extremely entertaining

    very odd episode and not Mowbray's finest hour.
    until the sky turns green

  21. #21
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1396
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3286 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Aberdeen got within 2 goals of us at maybe 3:0 v Hearts and needed 5:0.

    "Scotland's Shame 1872" were 0:1 up and Celtc were blowing the title by losing to Scott MacDonald's goals v Motherwell.

    Tony Mowbray and maybe it was McLeish then told all the players to down tools and both teams withdrew into their own half's and tapped the ball around.

    Hibs qualified for Europe, "Scotland's Shame 1872" won the title and Ivan had a double celebration and there was a mini pitch invasion from fans of both clubs.

    My memory at the end was of that "God botherer" Marvin Andrews praying his eternal thanks to his God in the centre circle. Couldnae blame him really.

    Really mental game.
    Cheers, wasnt sure if it was that scenario, Scott Mcdonalds 2 late goals changed it, hated the way Hibs let them win the league at ER
    GGTTH

  22. #22
    'Good Evening - We Are The Fall Radge'


    fieryjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    glasgow
    Posts
    2,742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last 15 minutes tippy tappy score fixing charade seems to have been lost in history yet I always though that was a very significant historical moment in Scottish football as cant think it had ever happened before or since.
    I left that game disgusted with our approach that day.
    Sometimes life is like a new bar
    Plastic seats, beer below par
    Food with no taste, music grates
    I'm living too late

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by fieryjack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I left that game disgusted with our approach that day.
    I left delighted we were in Europe. Hibs first.

  24. #24
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I left delighted we were in Europe. Hibs first.
    Same - Hibs finished third and qualified for Europe.

    Also Rangers didn’t win the title that day, they won it by cheating over the course of an entire season...
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Ross County sign Ivan Sproule from SPL rivals Hibs
    By Daniel1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 14-01-13, 20:20
  2. Ivan Sproule wants bk 2 hibs
    By m1ckthegod in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-12-09, 19:20
  3. Hibs Winger Ivan Sproule Suspended For ...
    By am_moroccan in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-02-07, 20:54
  4. Is Ivan Sproule ...
    By Gunnerhibby in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 25-04-06, 22:14

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •