vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)

Little things

I missed first half and only saw second. Hard to critizise today and I wont. But there is a few little things we can do better. But as Mark said, we had most of our players out of position and too many injuries. But against Aberdeen I'd like to see us defend free kicks better. They also had dissalowed goal as well as a goal from them. But we could also stop giving away free kicks 20 yards out. Just a little thing, but in order to get winning runs extended, we do need to look at the little things

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4775 Post(s)
    Quite impressive the way you’ve held back from moaning about a victory at Ibrox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I missed first half and only saw second. Hard to critizise today and I wont. But there is a few little things we can do better. But as Mark said, we had most of our players out of position and too many injuries. But against Aberdeen I'd like to see us defend free kicks better. They also had dissalowed goal as well as a goal from them. But we could also stop giving away free kicks 20 yards out. Just a little thing, but in order to get winning runs extended, we do need to look at the little things
    Team was knackerd second half after so many tough games. Put thier bodies on the line which stopped Huns getting clean shots away. We Lack height which not easy defending balls into box.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3285 Post(s)
    The break has come at a very good time, 2 weeks till the sheep game
    GGTTH

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Quite impressive the way you’ve held back from moaning about a victory at Ibrox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    really? and you can find loads of posts from me moaning? Always someone ready to jump in eh

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4775 Post(s)
    really? and you can find loads of posts from me moaning? Always someone ready to jump in eh
    I don’t pay that much attention to your posts tbh.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Sometimes needs must. I don't think we do it deliberately :-)
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Any tips on how we could defend a direct free kick, that hit the underside of the bar before going in, better? Also, when was the last time we dropped points by conceding a free kick 20 yards out?

As you said, hard to criticise.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    I don’t pay that much attention to your posts tbh.
    good

Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! deano6-2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    A wee bit harsh critising the team for a cracking free kick . We've won .enjoy it !

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano6-2 View Post
    A wee bit harsh critising the team for a cracking free kick . We've won .enjoy it !

Wasnt really about that free kick, that was pretty unstoppable. The other one though they did get forwards in front of us, but it was more a general comment about the amount of free kicks we give away on the edge of the box. It happens in a lot of games, and all I was saying was there can be tendency to lunge in or fail to clear quickly by trying to play the ball out. Peopleare taking this post a little wrong, but anyway of course im enjoying the win. Aberdeen can be quite ruthless on their day though and we need to force the game further up field.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)
    Really???? U can pick up on that??? I picked up on a great performance and great win and cant moan about anything that the team done yesterday? You need to remember that we are decimated with injuries and just played a lot of games in a short period of time!! Lots of tired legs in the team!! We were brilliant yesterday and as @1875 said in his just back "a first half masterclass" enjoy the win!!

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)
    Nah, I don't look at it over the course of an individual performance when both teams have had a rough run of games and we weren't even a makeshift defence (step forward, Ryan Porteous).

I prefer to look at things over the course of a season and the league table is quite instructive.

For example, only Hearts and Celtic have lost appreciably more goals than we have so there's no obvious problem in how we defend. The fact that Hearts have scored nine less than us shows how they're doing that (extremely negative football), while Celtic are a galaxy apart in terms of resources.

But it's the "For" column that's the interesting one.

Pretty much every team below us has scored less goals; and it's at least a five-goal jump to the next team (Motherwell and, bizarrely, Hamilton). But the three teams above us have all scored more... And quite a few more. Save one shambolic performance at Pittodrie, where Aberdeen hit four and we lost four, there really isn't an awful lot in it and if we took a bit higher percentage of our opportunities in front of goal, then we'd easily have bagged several more points.

As long as you're not throwing the ball into your own net, like Ross County, it's all about putting the ball in the basket in this league. And, really, only the expensively assembled squads at Parkhead and Ibrox do that substantially better than we do.

Hibs are a good side. In fact, we're a high-quality goalscorer away from being a very good side.

The league table doesn't lie.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    I get what you’re saying. Lunging into last ditch challenges on the edge of the box is poor defending. However given the run of games, the injuries and the fatigue, it’s entirely understandable in the context of the game yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Nah, I don't look at it over the course of an individual performance when both teams have had a rough run of games and we weren't even a makeshift defence (step forward, Ryan Porteous).

I prefer to look at things over the course of a season and the league table is quite instructive.

For example, only Hearts and Celtic have lost appreciably more goals than we have so there's no obvious problem in how we defend. The fact that Hearts have scored nine less than us shows how they're doing that (extremely negative football), while Celtic are a galaxy apart in terms of resources.

But it's the "For" column that's the interesting one.

Pretty much every team below us has scored less goals; and it's at least a five-goal jump to the next team (Motherwell and, bizarrely, Hamilton). But the three teams above us have all scored more... And quite a few more. Save one shambolic performance at Pittodrie, where Aberdeen hit four and we lost four, there really isn't an awful lot in it and if we took a bit higher percentage of our opportunities in front of goal, then we'd easily have bagged several more points.

As long as you're not throwing the ball into your own net, like Ross County, it's all about putting the ball in the basket in this league. And, really, only the expensively assembled squads at Parkhead and Ibrox do that substantially better than we do.

Hibs are a good side. In fact, we're a high-quality goalscorer away from being a very good side.

The league table doesn't lie.
    We may have found a couple of goal scorers in Kamberi & Maclaren, and SJM is really starting to add goals to his game. We are a very good football team.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    If we picked up on the aforementioned then we’d be sitting top of league in all honesty. Just like If we cut out individual errors like Hanlon v Well... or if the midfielders chipped in with more goals McGinlay-Esque. It’s not a dig mate, can see where your coming from but as a few have mentioned, enjoy the win. $#@! the Huns!
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals&Glory View Post
    If we picked up on the aforementioned then we’d be sitting top of league in all honesty. Just like If we cut out individual errors like Hanlon v Well... or if the midfielders chipped in with more goals McGinlay-Esque. It’s not a dig mate, can see where your coming from but as a few have mentioned, enjoy the win. $#@! the Huns!

I certainly did enjoy it. Sorry some people seem to think I was having a dig at the team, but as you said this game was certainly not the issue, but over the season we have given away a lot of free kicks near the edge of box. If these strikers can score on a regular basis, these things will not make so much difference. I am certainly excited by the signings, they seem much better than anticipated. If we play next week the way we did the last time we played Aberdeen, these guys might just be taking the chances created and we end up with a positive result this time. I do hope our injury worries improve by then, but the players showed they can be utilised. Stevenson is an enigma in the modern game

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    I certainly did enjoy it. Sorry some people seem to think I was having a dig at the team, but as you said this game was certainly not the issue, but over the season we have given away a lot of free kicks near the edge of box. If these strikers can score on a regular basis, these things will not make so much difference. I am certainly excited by the signings, they seem much better than anticipated. If we play next week the way we did the last time we played Aberdeen, these guys might just be taking the chances created and we end up with a positive result this time. I do hope our injury worries improve by then, but the players showed they can be utilised. Stevenson is an enigma in the modern game
    I know what you meant mate. Injury front I was worried yesterday no doubt like many seeing Daz & Paul out, thought we’d be up against it big time. Say no more. Didn’t realise until earlier on that Sheep game was nearly 2 away aswell. Chance to rest and get players back fit. Due the sheep one!
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

GoGO Back To Forum