vCash
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6810 Post(s)

Just Back Hibs v Motherwell

I must admit to being worried on my way to Easter Road tonight as there has been so much transfer speculation today, I was concerned about focus on getting the win. Beforehand Neil Lennon on BBC Sportsound increased my nerves as he spoke through the transfer movements and speculation. He then rightly questioned why we were even playing tonight when others are not. I was reassured however when towards the end of the interview, Neil spoke of the importance of a home win and I felt there was focus on the job in hand.

Inside Easter Road with all my family we cheered my wee nephew who was one of the many mascots for the night onto the pitch with captain Paul Hanlon and the rest of the team. It was a surprise line up with the inclusion of Florian Kamberi who signed yesterday on loan from Grasshopper until the end of the season.

I thought we started brightly and at a good pace. Early on Kamberi had some lovely deft touches. You could sense the crowd were encouraged by these and furthermore when he accurately directed a low hard drive towards the Motherwell goal that was cleared off the line. We then shortly afterwards hit the woodwork from Hanlon and Hibs were dominating proceedings. McGinn in midfield was dictating the play and looked like a guy with the weight of transfer speculation lifted. Kamberi then got his debut goal and he took it very well directing the ball high into the net. And boy didn't he enjoy it as he ran towards the Hibs dugout. Hibs had absolutely dominated the first half and went in at half time deservedly ahead and would have perhaps felt their dominance should have put them more comfortably ahead.

Hibs again started the second half very well with Slivka off (didn't notice any injury, was it tactical?) and Bartley on and we got the second goal our play deserved. Barker smashing the ball into the net following neat play down the wing in front of the West stand. And similar to Kamberi didn't he enjoy his first goal for the club. Although of course he's waited a little longer than Kamberi! The celebration though looked somewhat bizzare as after some delay he ran to pull out the corner flag and start waving it about....

I think we probably all felt at that point 'Game over' as we were by far the better team. Hugely frustratingly the referee was far far too lenient as Motherwell attempted to perpetually disrupt our game with incessant fouling. As all too typical of this season the referee offered our talented ball players absolutely no protection by waving play on when our players were clearly fouled.

I felt because of this lack of protection the flow of the game changed. We stopped doing all that we had been doing and let Motherwell back into it. Darren McGregor who had been at his usual brilliance was forced off with an injury. I must admit I thought the obvious replacement was swapping Darren directly with Ryan Porteous but Neil Lennon elected to put Ambrose in the centre and introduce Faycal Rherras at right back.

Many of us were probably thinking back to earlier in the season when we were 2-0 up at home against Motherwell only to drop two points. And when Motherwell pulled one back I must admit to being greatly concerned as the boys looked flat on their feet.... However, credit to the boys seeing the game out. It was a deserved three points.

Marciano
    Never really troubled. I just wish sometimes he'd dominate his six yard box a little more and come for balls that look to me his to take.

Ambrose
    Commanding throughout. When he keeps it simple he's a class act. His shot at goal in the second half just lacked power!

McGregor
    The guy is just everything you want in a centre half. Does he ever lose a high ball? He certainly never loses a 30:70 ball....

Hanlon
    At fault for their goal when he should have booted it wherever? That aside a usual efficient Paul Hanlon performance.

Stevenson
    He took an early sore one but the guy is a machine. Thought he played very well. Sometimes his final ball let's him down but he's won both the Scottish League Cup AND Scottish Cup with us. X's2 Legend!

Slivka
    I think he's still adjusting to our game. I thought he did ok in the first half but needs to impose himself more.

McGeouch
    Not at his best I thought. But maybe that's because his standards are so high? He's such an intelligent player he does simple things that perhaps he doesn't get credit for. Please please stay Dylan!

McGinn
    Back to his best. The only thing about McGinn that upset me tonight was the poor half hearted rendition of "We've got McGinn....". Sing up!

Barker
    I love this kid. I think he's got loads of ability. He can go past players at will. If he increases his desire and finds a better final ball what an asset he will be. Great finish and give us more please.

Boyle
    I thought he was quiet tonight. I feel at times he's brushed off the ball too easy. Given no protection by a useless referee.

Kamberi
    Man of the match. Lovely touches. Intelligent feet and tremendous goal. Well done son. Keep it up and we will love you.

Subs

Bartley
    As always he does his job effectively.

Rherras
    Maybe nervous in his debut but I felt he never looked to take the positive option?

Porteous
    He just looks the real deal. Such composure. I hope we soon see more of him.

Referee
    Who was he? Hopeless. Some really bizzare decisions.

Fans
    Not a bad turn out on a school night but far too quiet.

GGTTH.

And 7 points ahead Levein you Gunt prick.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4926 Post(s)
    Thanks Smurf

Alan Useless Muir was the ref. He's always useless.

I thought Slivka was injured. Hopefully not too bad.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2568 Post(s)
    Good report.
    No way was there 15,000 people at that game tonight.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5957 Post(s)
    Spot on Kenny. Agree om MOM too. Slivka hurts himself a few minutes before half time.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6770 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report @Smurf. Agree with all of it except the bit about Boyle who, with my view from my sofa, looked to have a pretty decent game. He was all over the place chasing men down when he didn't have the ball and running at defenders when he had the ball. Great run and pass for Barkers goal as well.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    795 Post(s)
    Agree with all of that. Great win, couple more points ahead in 4th and Lennon trying to address our goalscoring issues.

Let's smash those horrible Huns now

1-3 (Barker, Hanlon, Allan).

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    846 Post(s)
    Just back and I agree with most of that.

Quite the debut for Kamberi. He looks to be a real find. Definitely a good option for playing 1 up top if he keeps putting in performances like that.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    Good report Kenny. My first game in a good few weeks due to health issues and Boy was it good to be back.

Deserved 3 points, could have added to the goal tally. Really impressed with Kamberi, linked up really well. SJM best game in a while too. Felt after the hour mark though we looked a tired team? Maybe just me. Never 15k there either, still a decent turnout out on a school nite as mentioned.

Huns on Saturday - Bring it!
    "There's class, there's first class, and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2004 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good report.
    No way was there 15,000 people at that game tonight.
    Hibs claiming all 13,000 odds season ticket holders turned up plus well over 2k paid at gate, aye right
    until the sky turns green

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Cheers for the great match report, Kenny, appreciated.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1653 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    Agree with all of that. Great win, couple more points ahead in 4th and Lennon trying to address our goalscoring issues.

Let's smash those horrible Huns now

1-3 (Barker, Hanlon, Allan).
    0-3. Woof.

BIG GERRY

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1653 Post(s)
    Great JB Kenny. Thanks mate.

BIG G

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2562 Post(s)
    Good stuff Kenny, they were dirty $#@!s and the more the useless **** of a ref let them away with it the more they fouled.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2004 Post(s)
    Great report K
    until the sky turns green

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Hibs claiming all 13,000 odds season ticket holders turned up plus well over 2k paid at gate, aye right
    We report tickets sold not buns on seats. A fantastic effort last day I. January on a cold evening

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3496 Post(s)
    Nice work, K. Agree particularly on your Marciano point, was discussed at length amongst our lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2182 Post(s)
    You say Rocky was never really troubled but I can think of 2 great saves he made. The first was a quick shot through a ruck of players that he must have seen really late but his reflex was great and he saved on the line, and the 2nd one right at the end when he tipped a looper over the bar at full stretch. As for dominating ,I thought he did it more than usual last night too. He came and caught a few crosses and he also got in the ruck to get an important punch on the ball. The one time I can remember where I thought he should have came for that...2nd half free kick that went right through and just past his right post with a Well player near...When I watched it again on Alba you could see that the Well player was never gonna get to it and Rocky made the right decision by letting the ball go right out.

The rest I agree with except Boyle who I thought was decent enough and played a fantastic cutback (at last!) in a great team goal for Karembi.

Good report. Cheers

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    Superb result last night though it became hard work towards the end. Well are a decent side, but struggled against the pace of Boyle. Barker appeared to be in almost a No. 10 role thought he did very well. Not sure what was behind bringing on Barts. I love Barts but it kind of coincided with them getting back into the game. Not sure about new full back and thought

and sorry a gripe here.... I couldnie believe around me fans around me leaving before the whistle. What is all that about?
    Last edited by jock3; 01-02-18 at 20:14.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4926 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    Superb result last night though it became hard work towards the end. Well are a decent side, but struggled against the pace of Boyle. Barker appeared to be in almost a No. 10 role thought he did very well. Not sure what behind bringing on Barts. I love Barts but it kind of coincided with them getting back into the game. Not sure about new full back and thought
    Slivka was injured. I thought it was fatigue rather than Bartley that let them back in. Thought the big fella did fine.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6810 Post(s)
    I've now watched the game on Alba and I feel Boyle did much better than I thought he did at the game!

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4926 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    I've now watched the game on Alba and I feel Boyle did much better than I thought he did at the game!
    It's amazing how that can happen. Sometimes you come back from the game, two finger type up what you think happened then see Sportscene and think "ooyah". That's why 1875 always says we don't have the benefit of 4 camera angles, replays etc.

I did the same last week. Got back from Dundee, churned out my just back about midnight. Saw the Alba footage the following day and thought (funnily enough) Boyle did better than I thought.

You up for another Just Back later in the season?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6810 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    It's amazing how that can happen. Sometimes you come back from the game, two finger type up what you think happened then see Sportscene and think "ooyah". That's why 1875 always says we don't have the benefit of 4 camera angles, replays etc.

I did the same last week. Got back from Dundee, churned out my just back about midnight. Saw the Alba footage the following day and thought (funnily enough) Boyle did better than I thought.

You up for another Just Back later in the season?
    Yeah. 👍

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6557 Post(s)
    Some folk reckoned Boyle had gone off the boil but I reckon they had just gone off the Boyle.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Some folk reckoned Boyle had gone off the boil but I reckon they had just gone off the Boyle.
    He was on his knees in the second half on Wednesday looking like he was puking and the next minute sprinted the whole width of the park chasing down the ball...he must have been Boyling ... sorry boiling after that.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

GoGO Back To Forum