Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 216

Thread: Stokes Away - Confirmed

  1. #151
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's him been released, seemingly

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    What a sad end.

  2. #152
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Hope he's not been paid off, doesn't deserve a penny.

  3. #153
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,714
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3615 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2910
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His departure from Hibs was inevitable, but I am feeling sad tonight hearing this news. This man produced the performance of a lifetime when we needed it the most on 21 May 2016. An individual performance which will go down in Hibernian history. He achieved legendary status that day along with all of his team mates, but Stokes was the one who ripped the Rangers apart and that is what won the cup for us. He has also scored 11 goals this season and I don't care what anyone says he has done well for us this season...in fact him and Ambrose have been the only real successes so far from last summers transfer window. I was delighted when he signed a permanent deal last summer and IMO this is a huge loss to the team and will have a detrimental effect on our chances of a top four finish. We certainly won't be able to replace that sort of quality.

    He had to go however given his behaviour. He is clearly an unstable guy who can't handle fame or alchohol. He had the talent to play at the highest level and he has wasted it. I hope he can salvage what's left of his career but I fear for him.

    Anyway thanks for the goals Anthony, and above all thanks for that performance and those two goals that wonderful afternoon at Hampden. You are a Hibs legend forever. Stokesy's on fire....
    Well said.

    All I would add is that it's a pity there was no-one around him who he'd listen to, and could have got it through to him what he was throwing away for nothing.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  4. #154
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope he's not been paid off, doesn't deserve a penny.
    Released my mutual agreement is sort of wording we will see tomorrow whine hibs officially announce it. Saves hassle off trying to sack him

  5. #155
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6926 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting even more mental on that Twitter now reports that bain is being released to go to Celtic. Has to be comedy Tuesday surely.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    There's a thread about this from a story in the Sun. Not sure Hibs have agreed to let him go. I hope we tell Celtc to bolt.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  6. #156
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EH12
    Posts
    3,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1147
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a thread about this from a story in the Sun. Not sure Hibs have agreed to let him go. I hope we tell Celtc to bolt.
    Is it not the case that Dundee recall him and take the minimal fee from Celtc for a permanent deal to the end of the season with a higher wage to Bain to tempt him.

    Hibs would have no choice if Bain agrees.

  7. #157
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pilrig
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a sad end.
    Nope - he's an erse.

  8. #158
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not the case that Dundee recall him and take the minimal fee from Celtc for a permanent deal to the end of the season with a higher wage to Bain to tempt him.

    Hibs would have no choice if Bain agrees.
    Don't think so.
    I'm pretty certain a parent club can't terminate a loan deal to another Scottish club.
    We'd have to terminate for them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  9. #159
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not the case that Dundee recall him and take the minimal fee from Celtc for a permanent deal to the end of the season with a higher wage to Bain to tempt him.

    Hibs would have no choice if Bain agrees.
    If no fee with us was involved as far as know they can recall. But it sounds like it is in our hands from what is being said. Suppose if he has asked to be let go no point hanging onto him. Who knows guess we will find out soon enough. Absolute waste of time and few weeks wages, but if anything Rocky has upped his game.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  10. #160
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6926 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not the case that Dundee recall him and take the minimal fee from Celtc for a permanent deal to the end of the season with a higher wage to Bain to tempt him.

    Hibs would have no choice if Bain agrees.
    I think we have to agree to cancel the loan deal and let him go back to Dundee before he can go to Celtc.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  11. #161
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EH12
    Posts
    3,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1147
    "Make it worth our while then you Trampy $#@!s".

    Ralston and an attacking mid should cover it.
    If they encourage the cancellation of loan deals then we'll take Lewis Morgan now that St Mirren have their league sewn up.

    You reading this Neil?
    Sorry for calling youse Trampy $#@!s ya Trampy $#@!.

  12. #162
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Stokes might be a flawed character with issues but he's a Hibs legend. And I'll always love him.

  13. #163
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Make it worth our while then you Trampy $#@!s".Ralston and an attacking mid should cover it.If they encourage the cancellation of loan deals then we'll take Lewis Morgan now that St Mirren have their league sewn up.You reading this Neil? Sorry for calling youse Trampy $#@!s ya Trampy $#@!.
    Like the sound of that. I'm hearing scott Allan could be part of the deal for bain

  14. #164
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope - he's an erse.
    Nope he's a Hibs legend forever more.

  15. #165
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope - he's an erse.
    Rubbish. Stokesy is a legend and always will be.

  16. #166
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pilrig
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish. Stokesy is a legend and always will be.
    Legends are built over more than one game...

  17. #167
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    37,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6218 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4618
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the sound of that. I'm hearing scott Allan could be part of the deal for bain
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nil satis nisi optimum

  18. #168
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EH12
    Posts
    3,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1147
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Legends are built over more than one game...
    Not applicable when it comes to 21/5/16.

  19. #169
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,714
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3615 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2910
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like the sound of that. I'm hearing scott Allan could be part of the deal for bain
    Jesus wept. I cannot wait for midnight the morn, this is getting ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Legends are built over more than one game...
    Not when that game was a match-winning performance that brought home the grail after 114 years.

    Get some perspective, dude.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  20. #170
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’d imagine that would be Allen staying at Dundee in exchange for Bain rather than coming to Hibs.

  21. #171
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1396
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3285 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not the case that Dundee recall him and take the minimal fee from Celtc for a permanent deal to the end of the season with a higher wage to Bain to tempt him.

    Hibs would have no choice if Bain agrees.
    They cant recall him, Hibs have registered him, hes our player till May.
    GGTTH

  22. #172
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    37,286
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6218 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4618
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d imagine that would be Allen staying at Dundee in exchange for Bain rather than coming to Hibs.
    I $#@!ing well hope so, as I would not be back of that wee hun $#@! returned.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  23. #173
    Donator






    HATTIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moredun
    Posts
    8,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1396
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3285 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by EastMeetsWest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If no fee with us was involved as far as know they can recall. But it sounds like it is in our hands from what is being said. Suppose if he has asked to be let go no point hanging onto him. Who knows guess we will find out soon enough. Absolute waste of time and few weeks wages, but if anything Rocky has upped his game.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Every point of hanging onto him, we have no back up keeper, fcuk they celtc tramps.. keep him whether he spits dummy or not
    GGTTH

  24. #174
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    449
    Worst case scenario we bring an emergency keeper. Remember Logan. It's not ideal but sick of players at the club who aren't committed and if stories are true and he wants off, no loss as he hasn't even put the gloves on.

    Only bitter pill here is them getting him but this league has become so transparent nothing ceases to amaze.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  25. #175
    Radge Private Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pilrig
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope he's a Hibs legend forever more.
    Short memories on one game.

    Most folk on here were shouting for him to be dropped earlier in the season because the shape of the team was better without him.

    Rest my case he's trouble and good riddance... or is Saint Neil wrong?

  26. #176
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5212 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short memories on one game.

    Most folk on here were shouting for him to be dropped earlier in the season because the shape of the team was better without him.

    Rest my case he's trouble and good riddance... or is Saint Neil wrong?
    He can/could/may be all of the above.

    Still a legend.

    Idol with feet of clay.
    Flawed genius.
    There's been a few...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  27. #177
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess MSG_07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lapland
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Stokes Away - Confirmed

    Disappointing end to his Hibs career, especially being one of our Scottish Cup heroes.

    Anyone think he may have deliberately forced termination of his contract due to perhaps being unhappy here? I've been told by people with close links to the club this is a result of a string of incidents and not just what happened in the hotel at the training camp.

    Wonder where he'll end up.

  28. #178
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Hope the club come out and say exactly what went on. That fans deserve to hear the truth of why our marquee signing has been let go after six months.

  29. #179
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    6,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1684
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope the club come out and say exactly what went on. That fans deserve to hear the truth of why our marquee signing has been let go after six months.
    I don't know. If that were at all possible I think it would have already happened by now.

  30. #180
    Radge Private Member


    tayside hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Posts
    3,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1234 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not true.
    Tell me what I don't know then?

  31. #181
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me what I don't know then?
    Kenny Waugh also tried to buy the club in the summer 1991.

  32. #182
    Heavenly Radge and all round bampot! BVilleggiante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15
    Nope. Plenty of players become unhappy for one reason or another and let their club know to move them along mutually. To do something that would get you in trouble beyond just with the club would be a stupid and in my opinion unnecessary move.

  33. #183
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,040
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Stokes isn't a hero to me, the whole entire team are heroes. Yes he played a huge part in that game, but what about Jase and Paul against Hearts. Two nil down with the clock ticking and they pull us back from the brink. Yet Cummings joins Rangers and is blasted left right and center, but Stokes seems to walk on water after ripping the pish out of Lennon and the club.

  34. #184
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Legends are built over more than one game...
    When it’s that game, he becomes an instant legend.

    Also what’s this that Stokes only did it in one game? Where has this come from?

    23 goals in his first season with us.
    Second spell, the Scottish Cup
    Even this time, when people have been saying he’s been rubbish which is nonsense anyway, he’s scored 11 goals in half a season.

  35. #185
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish. Stokesy is a legend and always will be.
    He can be both

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenny Waugh also tried to buy the club in the summer 1991.
    Lots of other fans and the hibs club all bought shares in 1990 to stop that ****. The final piece to stop him was duff not selling

  36. #186
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1092
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it’s that game, he becomes an instant legend.

    Also what’s this that Stokes only did it in one game? Where has this come from?

    23 goals in his first season with us.
    Second spell, the Scottish Cup
    Even this time, when people have been saying he’s been rubbish which is nonsense anyway, he’s scored 11 goals in half a season.
    I'm amazed how many Hibs fans don't see this. Stokes has been a wonderful player for Hibs in his three stints at the club not just the Scottish Cup Final. The man is genuine quality on the park and that is what is so depressing about the way his time at the club has ended. I remember a month or so ago coming away from the Kilmarnock game annoyed that we had only drawn yet another game we should have won off the park and having a go at Stokes in the immediate after match discussions because he hadn't scored. Then I watched the highlights later on and he was behind every single attack that we had...having shots at goal, great passing and doing his best to help the team win. He was a class act and I am genuinely sorry he has now left the club under such a cloud. Yes, his behaviour has been inexcusable and it must have been something really bad to warrant this happening, but I prefer to look at the positive and significant contribution he made to our club in his three stints at Easter Road..including of course those goals and that great individual performance on 21/5/16. He made a massive contribution to the happiest day and week-end of my life and as far as I am concerned he is an all time Hibs legend along with every other player in that team including Jason Cummings.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  37. #187
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Lots of other fans and the hibs club all bought shares in 1990 to stop that ****. The final piece to stop him was duff not selling
    Indeed. Sir Tom played a huge part in 1990 and again 1991. However, saying it was only him just isn't true. As you say others played a huge part in 1990 and in 1991 there were other bids not just the ultimately successful one from Sir Tom.

  38. #188
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm amazed how many Hibs fans don't see this. Stokes has been a wonderful player for Hibs in his three stints at the club not just the Scottish Cup Final. The man is genuine quality on the park and that is what is so depressing about the way his time at the club has ended. I remember a month or so ago coming away from the Kilmarnock game annoyed that we had only drawn yet another game we should have won off the park and having a go at Stokes in the immediate after match discussions because he hadn't scored. Then I watched the highlights later on and he was behind every single attack that we had...having shots at goal, great passing and doing his best to help the team win. He was a class act and I am genuinely sorry he has now left the club under such a cloud. Yes, his behaviour has been inexcusable and it must have been something really bad to warrant this happening, but I prefer to look at the positive and significant contribution he made to our club in his three stints at Easter Road..including of course those goals and that great individual performance on 21/5/16. He made a massive contribution to the happiest day and week-end of my life and as far as I am concerned he is an all time Hibs legend along with every other player in that team including Jason Cummings.
    First spell he was good . Second spell apart from cup final and couple games against Huns he was ok. Third spell disappointing. He's been paid very well by hibs standards and he's let Hibs down

  39. #189
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2268 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1992
    Sad that it has come to this. 45 goals in 94 games. He's been great for us but he's $#@!ed it up this time. Sigh

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  40. #190
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,820
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1017 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1930
    I think there was always a risk that he'd end up being too difficult to manage... Personally, though, I think it was the right move for Hibs. He's a quality player, and we wouldn't be able to afford a player of that ability if he didn't have baggage.

    We tried to make it work, it didn't, and he's moving on. I think that's best for everyone.

    I'll still remember him for that day, though - and I suspect most hibbies will.

  41. #191
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7014 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2924
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d imagine that would be Allen staying at Dundee in exchange for Bain rather than coming to Hibs.
    What I thought but appears many rags are reporting we are interested in him? Suggestion of us doing a deal letting Murray go to Dens....

  42. #192
    Radge Private Member

    Green Sleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the early days of a better nation
    Posts
    2,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    394
    He's been a dafty off the park and sounds like Lennon's had enough. We werent getting enough back for the wages paid so no that bothered.

    Wondering what's happening with Barker. Posted last night on Twitter he was FREE. Whatever that means.

  43. #193
    Bounced Out!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kilburn
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Bain: difficult.

    It's a difficult one for Lennon & the Club, if we're being honest.
    This is Scotland. Our league isn't like most others. Signing for Celtic will give the boy an opportunity he may never get again. If Bain was our player & had come through the youth system, I'd honestly like to believe we'd let him go. There's as much chance of him nailing the #1 jersey at Darkheid as he has of displacing Rocky here, given Celtic's goalie situation. But he's not our player.
    What will his attitude to Hibs be if the Club stands in his way?
    Obviously living in London and not getting up very often I've not seen Dabrowski but reports on him seem to rate him as possibly the youth team player most likely to make the grade. I question this conventional modern wisdom that you can throw a Rooney, Owen or Gunt into a team at 16, but you can't blood an 18-y-o keeper. Shilton nailed the #1 jersey at Leicester when he was 16, Jennings was 18 when he got the gig at Watford a couple of years earlier, in an era when men were men and goalies were legitimate targets. What age was The Goalie when the Hun header found himself #1 at Oldham?
    Very difficult.
    On balance, I'd say we have to let him go... & that's without going into the alleged attitude problems that have seen him more-or-less punted by Dundee.

  44. #194
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2288 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad that it has come to this. 45 goals in 94 games. He's been great for us but he's $#@!ed it up this time. Sigh

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    It was a statistic I was a little surprised at actually when I saw it. A closer breakdown shows

    1st spell 22 in 40 games
    2nd spell 5 from 14
    3rd spell 7 from 18


    2nd spell we all knew he wasn't quite up to fitness levels. The lastest period seems disappointing even thought he return has been fairly decent. It has been more that we have expected him to be at the peak of his career in terms of maturity/ability/confidence/fitness etc If he was though, he would still bee at Celtic or somewhere else. Alongside players like Super, Boyle, Mcgeoch etc he should have flourished but for various reasons has not. I think some people are still questioning Lennon's set ups at times and why guys like McGeoch do not seem to drive forward and directly more often and perhaps this has added to his other issues on and off field. We all know he peaked at the cup final and in that case became a club cup legend. But yes he has not shone the way we hoped. That said we cannot argue that his return per games has been decent

  45. #195
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    @Davy you sure about those stats?

    That's only 62 games? And he's on 11 FIR this season folk keep repeating.?
    Is it league games only?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  46. #196
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1275
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope the club come out and say exactly what went on. That fans deserve to hear the truth of why our marquee signing has been let go after six months.
    No chance in hell that will happen.

  47. #197
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1743 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1124
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance in hell that will happen.
    Correct. By mutual agreement includes both parties agree to STFU about the deal.
    Game's rigged, why bother?

  48. #198
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short memories on one game.

    Most folk on here were shouting for him to be dropped earlier in the season because the shape of the team was better without him.

    Rest my case he's trouble and good riddance... or is Saint Neil wrong?
    Long memories on one game. I will be there (hopefully) in 10, 20, 30 years times when the Team that Won the Cup comes back together for the adulation that they deserve. And the love shown by all to Stokes will be mighty as befits his legendary status.

  49. #199
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Long memories on one game. I will be there (hopefully) in 10, 20, 30 years times when the Team that Won the Cup comes back together for the adulation that they deserve. And the love shown by all to Stokes will be mighty as befits his legendary status.
    The day will come where he's completely lost his way and we'll end up feeling like we should have done more to help him. Soon forgetting what happened to end his time.

    Any day that involves celebrating that day, he deserves to be celebrated alongside them regardless.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  50. #200
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’d imagine that would be Allen staying at Dundee in exchange for Bain rather than coming to Hibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I $#@!ing well hope so, as I would not be back of that wee hun $#@! returned.

    Or it may be your worst nightmare after all............................ looks like my 'wishful thinking' was misplaced.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Anthony Stokes signs for Hibs again - Confirmed
    By The Family in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 20-01-16, 02:26
  2. Cup Tie Date Confirmed
    By hondo in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-12-12, 19:12
  3. New Away Top Confirmed!
    By Daryll in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-09, 18:39
  4. Deek Confirmed
    By Willie_Dunn in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-09-08, 20:59
  5. confirmed......
    By madkink in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-04-08, 00:20

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •