Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 216

Thread: Stokes Away - Confirmed

  1. #51
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    6,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1684
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FutnSoccer is a blog?

    I think I'll write an article on mine saying McGinn is not leaving.

    Seriously, I think we'll all be happy when this window has closed - sorry 'slammed shut' - one way or another.

    It gets tedious.

  2. #52
    Radge Private Member



    EastMeetsWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    449
    Did a similar story surface about the same time only a few weeks ago when we were playing both sides of the ugly sisters.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FutnSoccer is a blog?

    I think I'll write an article on mine saying McGinn is not leaving.

    Seriously, I think we'll all be happy when this window has closed - sorry 'slammed shut' - one way or another.

    It gets tedious.

    I think the fact that they have came up and watched him twice says to me they are interested, this wasn't from the link above either.

    i can see Stokes, Big Dave, possibility of Swanson and Whittaker being moved out and if our valuation for McGinn is met he too will be away.

    Take Whittaker out of the above as he has a bad injury.

    Poor signing he has been and we could used his wages on a player with no injury problems.

    Possibly Fonts being away.
    Last edited by The Family; 28-01-18 at 19:09.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  4. #54
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3615 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2910
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the fact that they have came up and watched him twice says to me they are interested, this wasn't from the link above either.

    i can see Stokes, Big Dave, possibility of Swanson and Whittaker being moved out and if our valuation for McGinn is met he too will be away.

    Take Whittaker out of the above as he has a bad injury.

    Poor signing he has been and we could used his wages on a player with no injury problems.

    Possibly Fonts being away.
    Stokes
    McGinn
    Dave
    Swanson
    Whittaker
    Fonts
    SDG (long-term injury)
    Laidlaw (long-term injury)

    I can't see us letting six senior players go, with two already gone long-term with injury. Two - Stokes and McGinn - are major players.

    Rherras and Bain have covered the injuries (arguably), and we've brought in McLaren.

    But I can't see us getting in, what, even three or four more to cover the exodus you're talking about.

    My feeling is that if Stokes is indeed finished with Hibs, then we won't let McGinn go, regardless of who's sniffing. I mean, we still want to qualify for Europe right?
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  5. #55
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    6,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1684
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the fact that they have came up and watched him twice says to me they are interested, this wasn't from the link above either.

    i can see Stokes, Big Dave, possibility of Swanson and Whittaker being moved out and if our valuation for McGinn is met he too will be away.

    Take Whittaker out of the above as he has a bad injury.

    Poor signing he has been and we could used his wages on a player with no injury problems.

    Possibly Fonts being away.
    Scouts watch players all the time, that's what they do.

    I don't think there's chance in hell either of Hibs releasing that amount of players in this window and leaving things threadbare.

  6. #56
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Cardiff bid seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  7. #57
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cardiff bid seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's.
    Far too low.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  8. #58
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cardiff bid seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's.
    Says the evening news.
    Not enough regardless.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  9. #59
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far too low.
    Depends on the add on's I suppose.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says the evening news.
    Not enough regardless.
    If we can hold onto him and he signs a new deal then happy days.

    But if someone comes in and meets our valuation I just hope NL gets most of the funds to bring in better quality and scores goals.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  10. #60
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on the add on's I suppose.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If we can hold onto him and he signs a new deal then happy days.

    But if someone comes in and meets our valuation I just hope NL gets most of the funds to bring in better quality and scores goals.
    It's too late for "meeting our valuation"
    We should only sell him if they beat our valuation. He's clearly stated he's happy to stay and he's openly talked about the potential for a new contract.

    All of the above points towards fees needing to be higher.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  11. #61
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's too late for "meeting our valuation"
    We should only sell him if they beat our valuation. He's clearly stated he's happy to stay and he's openly talked about the potential for a new contract.

    All of the above points towards fees needing to be higher.
    If he is sold and we bring in two or three players at a better quality would you take it?
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  12. #62
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is sold and we bring in two or three players at a better quality would you take it?
    2 million?
    Nah

    And good luck doing that overnight.
    So no.

    In the summer, where there's time, proper transfer business.
    Obviously
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  13. #63
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 million?
    Nah

    And good luck doing that overnight.
    So no.

    In the summer, where there's time, proper transfer business.
    Obviously
    Never mentioned 2 million, I just said if he is sold.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  14. #64
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never mentioned 2 million, I just said if he is sold.
    Well lets no be silly here then. It's blatantly obvious that John McGinn will move on from Hibs.
    I've completely come to terms with that, I think everyone accepts he deserves it and nobody would grudge him it.

    That's a super pointless question. Will I take it if we sell him and replace him with 2 or 3 better players? Who wouldn't take it?

    We were talking about 2million literally 2 posts ago, so why wouldn't I think that's what we're on about.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  15. #65
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is sold and we bring in two or three players at a better quality would you take it?
    It’s too late in the window to make all those moving parts work, keeping McGinn is more important than signing anyone right now.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  16. #66
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5212 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s too late in the window to make all those moving parts work, keeping McGinn is more important than signing anyone right now.
    You're far too sensible - but you're spot on.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  17. #67
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1743 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1124
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is sold and we bring in two or three players at a better quality would you take it?
    Two or three players of a better quality? Jeezo! This is Hibs you're talking about, aye?
    Game's rigged, why bother?

  18. #68
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5212 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3803
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two or three players of a better quality? Jeezo! This is Hibs you're talking about, aye?
    Hibs with 48 hours to go.

    Oh ma Jim Whites
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  19. #69
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well lets no be silly here then. It's blatantly obvious that John McGinn will move on from Hibs.
    I've completely come to terms with that, I think everyone accepts he deserves it and nobody would grudge him it.

    That's a super pointless question. Will I take it if we sell him and replace him with 2 or 3 better players? Who wouldn't take it?

    We were talking about 2million literally 2 posts ago, so why wouldn't I think that's what we're on about.
    The bid is seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's which I said it will depend on what they are.

    Agree with everything else you say though about SJM.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s too late in the window to make all those moving parts work, keeping McGinn is more important than signing anyone right now.
    Not if we have placements in place already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two or three players of a better quality? Jeezo! This is Hibs you're talking about, aye?
    NL already said to get the quality he wants we would need funds.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  20. #70
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bid is seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's which I said it will depend on what they are.

    Agree with everything else you say though about SJM.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not if we have placements in place already.

    Can't put anything in place not knowing what bids were coming, even more so considering Hibs expect to keep him until the summer.

    2 million plus add ons mean nothing to me. Evening news speculation.
    Add ons could mean anything too... Money on promotion they may never accomplish etc.

    No thanks.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  21. #71
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't put anything in place not knowing what bids were coming, even more so considering Hibs expect to keep him until the summer.

    2 million plus add ons mean nothing to me. Evening news speculation.
    Add ons could mean anything too... Money on promotion they may never accomplish etc.

    No thanks.
    Think we can put things in place if our valuation is met can we not?
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  22. #72
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bid is seemingly 2 million up front plus add on's which I said it will depend on what they are.

    Agree with everything else you say though about SJM.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not if we have placements in place already.

    - - - Updated - - -



    NL already said to get the quality he wants we would need funds.
    If they were already in place we wouldn’t need to sell McGinn. And what if one of these replacements get a better offer? Agents lead clubs on to get their clients better deals, leaving the first club scrapping around. No thanks.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  23. #73
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think we can put things in place if our valuation is met can we not?
    While dealing with the Stokes situation?
    Money coming in will help with fees and such like, but it won't increase our wage budget, which brings my next point, any fee brought in, would likely, be partially used if we need to pay players off... Stokes, Fontaine, Dave.
    All of which can't be in place properly without knowing exactly what would come in.

    As mentioned above, far too many moving pieces.

    None of which will be planned for properly, because as I said, Hibs intend to keep him beyond this month.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they were already in place we wouldn’t need to sell McGinn. And what if one of these replacements get a better offer? Agents lead clubs on to get their clients better deals, leaving the first club scrapping around. No thanks.
    Another good point.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  24. #74
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they were already in place we wouldn’t need to sell McGinn. And what if one of these replacements get a better offer? Agents lead clubs on to get their clients better deals, leaving the first club scrapping around. No thanks.
    NL said we needed funds to bring in better quality.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  25. #75
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NL said we needed funds to bring in better quality.
    Doesn't mean that we have 3 transfers set in stone.
    They commit to us even though we can't guarantee them a single thing?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  26. #76
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't mean that we have 3 transfers set in stone.
    They commit to us even though we can't guarantee them a single thing?
    Players leaving will free up wages to bring in new ones and if fees also come in then that's where we could add better quality.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  27. #77
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s too late in the window to make all those moving parts work, keeping McGinn is more important than signing anyone right now.
    Disagree with this. Finding someone to stick the ball in the net should be the most important thing right now. We're badly struggling for goals and it looks like Stokes is as good as gone.

  28. #78
    Radge Private Member


    SlovSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Usually Edinburgh.
    Posts
    4,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    621
    Isn't what SJM wants the most important part of the equation and not what NL,LD or the Hibs fans want.

    By now he will have been well tapped up on what clubs are interested for example Cardiff and West Ham and what clubs arent interested (yet) for example Celtc.

    I would imagine Celtcs timing either now ,summer or a few years down the line or perhaps never under the current regime was the only chat in town at the Xmas dinner with grandpops and the family.

    I would expect him to want a crack in England first of all with a 3 year contract that financially secures him and then leave Celtc options for later especially as Brendan hasn't exactly been all that enthusiastic.

    Hibs arent really part of the equation here as if any English club really want him they will definitely pay whatever is required.

    £2m or £2.5m or £3m is all small change in that world. £2million as an opening offer rising to £2.5m on deadline day sounds a very standard negotiating tactic and just part of the transfer game.

    Our best hope is SJM himself wants to wait until summer and assess better options or that the English clubs arent as keen as they might make out.

  29. #79
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    271
    My initial point was surely we need to have something lined up to
    Bolster the forward line. Current situation isn’t at all good. Money is clearly very very tight. Sure still paying out 40k per month to our top taker tho

  30. #80
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players leaving will free up wages to bring in new ones and if fees also come in then that's where we could add better quality.
    You are completely missing the point.
    Never mind
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  31. #81
    Radge Donator

    Senior_Webby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    730
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    293 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't what SJM wants the most important part of the equation and not what NL,LD or the Hibs fans want.

    By now he will have been well tapped up on what clubs are interested for example Cardiff and West Ham and what clubs arent interested (yet) for example Celtc.

    I would imagine Celtcs timing either now ,summer or a few years down the line or perhaps never under the current regime was the only chat in town at the Xmas dinner with grandpops and the family.

    I would expect him to want a crack in England first of all with a 3 year contract that financially secures him and then leave Celtc options for later especially as Brendan hasn't exactly been all that enthusiastic.

    Hibs arent really part of the equation here as if any English club really want him they will definitely pay whatever is required.

    £2m or £2.5m or £3m is all small change in that world. £2million as an opening offer rising to £2.5m on deadline day sounds a very standard negotiating tactic and just part of the transfer game.

    Our best hope is SJM himself wants to wait until summer and assess better options or that the English clubs arent as keen as they might make out.
    This and I’m confident he’s here till summer

  32. #82
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NL said we needed funds to bring in better quality.
    That doesn’t really deter from what I’ve said though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are completely missing the point.
    Never mind
    Ken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree with this. Finding someone to stick the ball in the net should be the most important thing right now. We're badly struggling for goals and it looks like Stokes is as good as gone.
    The problem is it’s very late in the window, and it’s impossible to guarantee goals from any striker - especially given we don’t create loads of chances despite having so much of the ball.

    I’d rather keep our best player.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  33. #83
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    271
    It’s not a new problem though. Planning should be well underway

  34. #84
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1001
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't what SJM wants the most important part of the equation and not what NL,LD or the Hibs fans want.

    By now he will have been well tapped up on what clubs are interested for example Cardiff and West Ham and what clubs arent interested (yet) for example Celtc.

    I would imagine Celtcs timing either now ,summer or a few years down the line or perhaps never under the current regime was the only chat in town at the Xmas dinner with grandpops and the family.

    I would expect him to want a crack in England first of all with a 3 year contract that financially secures him and then leave Celtc options for later especially as Brendan hasn't exactly been all that enthusiastic.

    Hibs arent really part of the equation here as if any English club really want him they will definitely pay whatever is required.

    £2m or £2.5m or £3m is all small change in that world. £2million as an opening offer rising to £2.5m on deadline day sounds a very standard negotiating tactic and just part of the transfer game.

    Our best hope is SJM himself wants to wait until summer and assess better options or that the English clubs arent as keen as they might make out.
    Some very good points there. From what we’ve heard from McGinn he’s not forcing the issue now, or even necessarily in the summer. He’s a very level headed player and won’t jump at the first offer, otherwise he’d have forced a move the Nottingham Forest in the summer.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  35. #85
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6926 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2495
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My initial point was surely we need to have something lined up to
    Bolster the forward line. Current situation isn’t at all good. Money is clearly very very tight. Sure still paying out 40k per month to our top taker tho
    Loan repayments if anything. You made it sound as though he was just "taking" money out of the club for no reason.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  36. #86
    Heavenly Radge
    westsidehibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    livi
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    40
    Even if we got 3 million you would be lucky if we would buy a player for 250k when have ever spent some decent dosh on players after getting a large fee for a player.

  37. #87
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loan repayments if anything. You made it sound as though he was just "taking" money out of the club for no reason.
    I think he is. His board ran up the debt through mismanagement and when the fans have backed the club in huge numbers , we could do with a break. Seems some shareholders expect some sheareholders to fund the club but not others. High chunk of our turnover going out door for non football payments

  38. #88
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My initial point was surely we need to have something lined up toBolster the forward line. Current situation isn’t at all good. Money is clearly very very tight. Sure still paying out 40k per month to our top taker tho
    Farmer?Remind me what this is for

  39. #89
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farmer?Remind me what this is for
    Yes. Repaying the debt his board ran up

  40. #90
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he is. His board ran up the debt through mismanagement and when the fans have backed the club in huge numbers , we could do with a break. Seems some shareholders expect some sheareholders to fund the club but not others. High chunk of our turnover going out door for non football payments
    Spot on. Run up by his 100Rod Petries. Plus refuse to tell what was the debt figure and why we were sill in £6m debt after the excercise.

  41. #91
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Repaying the debt his board ran up
    And having us pay it back without interest.

    Why are we so hellbent on trying to act like he's your usual football owner.
    He just isn't, he's no real interest in what goes on, he wants to make sure we're around for the people of leith.

    So in turn, what he puts in, he gets back, such is the nature of business, which he's about, not football.
    The fact we're paying him back is a moot point, because we'd be paying more than we currently are.
    We're better off because of it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  42. #92
    Radge Monthly Contributor
    NW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    In a yellow submarine
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And having us pay it back without interest.

    Why are we so hellbent on trying to act like he's your usual football owner.
    He just isn't, he's no real interest in what goes on, he wants to make sure we're around for the people of leith.

    So in turn, what he puts in, he gets back, such is the nature of business, which he's about, not football.
    The fact we're paying him back is a moot point, because we'd be paying more than we currently are.
    We're better off because of it.
    He is main equity owner in the business and as such should
    Have a duty to have it well
    Managed and well funded to grow and prosper

  43. #93
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3220
    Budgie taking 6% interest - Sir Tom waiving interest.........



    Big mistake the Board made in spunking the money was believing Judas and funding his five year plan when the $#@!ebag was cutting a deal with the Huns.

  44. #94
    Juvenile Radge goldenhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And having us pay it back without interest. Why are we so hellbent on trying to act like he's your usual football owner. He just isn't, he's no real interest in what goes on, he wants to make sure we're around for the people of leith. So in turn, what he puts in, he gets back, such is the nature of business, which he's about, not football. The fact we're paying him back is a moot point, because we'd be paying more than we currently are. We're better off because of it.
    £500k a year to STF is peanuts, does he really need it. He’s worth over £100million. Maybe it’s just the way he operates, and the principles he stands by, debts must be paid

  45. #95
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is main equity owner in the business and as such should
    Have a duty to have it well
    Managed and well funded to grow and prosper
    Which we've done in most ways other than on the pitch since he took over.
    We've most certainly grown as a club, infrastructure, financial stability, assets etc etc.

    We haven't done it on the park very often in those years, but we did bring in Leeanne to take us in that direction and we won the Scottish cup.

    All of that is under Tom farmer, aye, it's football and we need to have a product.
    But I'm glad we've got all the physical stuff in place early, as costs are soaring to build etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £500k a year to STF is peanuts, does he really need it. He’s worth over £100million. Maybe it’s just the way he operates, and the principles he stands by, debts must be paid
    Which is my whole point. He's not about football in the slightest.

    A side note, has Tom over the course, surely he's lost mo ey to us. Nobody with stakes in football clubs make money really.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  46. #96
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are completely missing the point.
    Never mind
    Aye I must be.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  47. #97
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    4,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    453
    I'm grateful for everything Sir Tom has done for the club, but we'll never move forward as long as he's the owner. There's a ceiling that just won't be breached in terms of finance. We need more of a speculate to accumulate mentality, but unfortunately have the opposite. Aberdeen have done this of late and it's worked. They however have an owner that's willing to push the boat out and invest from his own pocket.

  48. #98
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm grateful for everything Sir Tom has done for the club, but we'll never move forward as long as he's the owner. There's a ceiling that just won't be breached in terms of finance. We need more of a speculate to accumulate mentality, but unfortunately have the opposite. Aberdeen have done this of late and it's worked. They however have an owner that's willing to push the boat out and invest from his own pocket.
    The money he's spending for the stadium and training facilities etc. Eye watering to me.

    Agree about only ever really being able to progress in a time without him in charge, we need someone willing to be involved in the football business.

  49. #99
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Budgie taking 6% interest - Sir Tom waiving interest.........Big mistake the Board made in spunking the money was believing Judas and funding his five year plan when the $#@!ebag was cutting a deal with the Huns.
    Fake news. Debt peaked at £19m that wasn't due to McLeish. During Farmers ownership he has charged us interest for loans.

  50. #100
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1794 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by westsidehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if we got 3 million you would be lucky if we would buy a player for 250k when have ever spent some decent dosh on players after getting a large fee for a player.
    If McGinn and others were sold I would expect NL to want funds to bring in better quality.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Anthony Stokes signs for Hibs again - Confirmed
    By The Family in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 20-01-16, 02:26
  2. Cup Tie Date Confirmed
    By hondo in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-12-12, 19:12
  3. New Away Top Confirmed!
    By Daryll in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-09, 18:39
  4. Deek Confirmed
    By Willie_Dunn in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-09-08, 20:59
  5. confirmed......
    By madkink in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-04-08, 00:20

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •