Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Seems like a complete waste of time. Either they tried to show he was the man for the job by no other names in the mix or it is just another prime example of incapable beaks running our game or should I say ruining.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    902 Post(s)
    I really hope any replacement target comes out of left field. The last thing we need is another dud from the SFA Rolodex. I’m just glad Paul Lambert is out the picture.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    You'd think Regan may have learned from the complete fcuk up his mates at the Hunnery made with putting all their eggs in the McInnes basket.
    It seems not.

Yet ANOTHER demonstration of the incompetence of the highly paid but dimwitted 'leaders' of our game.

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    929 Post(s)
    Billy Davies, Alex McLeish or if the SFA are feeling imaginative then it'll be John Hughes.

For $#@!'s sake.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    O'Neill was the preferred candidate so it looks very bad.
    He wouldn't have been my choice though. I think the Scotland manager should be Scottish.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wouldn't have been my choice though. I think the Scotland manager should be Scottish.
    Only downside to that is they pander more to one or the other of the bigoted two.

How many Scottish managers not tied to one of them?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    Only downside to that is they pander more to one or the other of the bigoted two.

How many Scottish managers not tied to one of them?
    I know but to be honest it doesn't really matter so long as they get a winning team on the park. Celtic are by far the best team in Scotland so their Scottish players should make up the bulk of the Scotland team, with Aberdeen's Scottish players also providing a fair share of them. One of Strachan's things which annoyed me was that he ignored the Scottish players from the second best team in the country. If the Rangers had any decent Scottish players I would want them in too, same with Hearts, Hibs or whoever, plus of course the best scottish players playing in the top English leagues. Nobody should play for Scotland who isn't playing regularly to a high standard for their club.

I think every country should provide a national manager from that particular country. For me that is what international football should be all about...providing the best that your country can produce whether it's players or managers.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)
    The hacks are already falling over themselves to nominate The Cardigan or GJP for the position. I $#@! you not. Two arseholes who binned Scotland at the first opportunity at crucial points in two qualifying campaigns. If the SFA re-appoint either of these two cretins then it`ll be the last nail in the coffin of my interest in the national side.
    If happiness won`t come to me hand me the nitrous gas.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The hacks are already falling over themselves to nominate The Cardigan or GJP for the position. I $#@! you not. Two arseholes who binned Scotland at the first opportunity at crucial points in two qualifying campaigns. If the SFA re-appoint either of these two cretins then it`ll be the last nail in the coffin of my interest in the national side.
    I would go for Joe Jordan or Eric Black.

John Hughes

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Surprised at your choices there, GM.

Joe Jordan hasn't had a permanent managerial role for around twenty years or managed at all in the last ten whilst Black hasn't held a permanent job for fourteen years.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2617 Post(s)
    Malky McKay

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Surprised at your choices there, GM.

Joe Jordan hasn't had a permanent managerial role for around twenty years or managed at all in the last ten whilst Black hasn't held a permanent job for fourteen years.
    I don't think having been a club manager recently or even in the last 5 to 10 years should be pre-requisite for an international job as it isa totally different job from club management. Both the people I mentioned are respected Scottish coaches who have European coaching experience and playing experience and are highly respected. Jordan in particular is a Scottish international legend and for me with his experience abroad and t home and his knowledge of the game I think he would be a decent choice. To be honest I would have kept Strachan.

I really can't see a younger club manager touching the job. Even England ended up appointing an English coach from within the FA coaching school to do the job after a predictable run of foreign failures. Allardyce had too much baggage and shouldn't have een appointed.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 22-01-18 at 20:00.

John Hughes

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    For me he doesn’t need to be Scottish, but he needs to know the Scottish game.

That said I’m not sure O’Neill’s style of play would really have worked with the players we have. The core of any starting eleven will have 5-6 Celtic players who are used to playing attacking football every week (even players like McGinn & Robertson), having to totally change to an ultra defensive counter attacking style for one off games may not have worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what credentials?

We need a forward thinking manager who can harness the attacking options we have (especially given the fairly woeful defenders available), not a dinosaur who would do what every Scotland manager does in trying to nick a goal.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    For me he doesn’t need to be Scottish, but he needs to know the Scottish game.

That said I’m not sure O’Neill’s style of play would really have worked with the players we have. The core of any starting eleven will have 5-6 Celtic players who are used to playing attacking football every week (even players like McGinn & Robertson), having to totally change to an ultra defensive counter attacking style for one off games may not have worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what credentials?

We need a forward thinking manager who can harness the attacking options we have (especially given the fairly woeful defenders available), not a dinosaur who would do what every Scotland manager does in trying to nick a goal.
    Who would you suggest then ?

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Malky McKay
    If he wasn't such a $#@!, maybe.
    Least he tried to mix things up in the last round of games.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Who would you suggest then ?
    Steve Clarke, Derek McInnes, Alex Neil...

The O’Neill saga shows there’s money to get the right man. The Scotland job should be marketed as a great opportunity to enhance your reputation (much in the way O’Neill has with NI) as it so high profile.

The alternative is a foreign coach with a track record at international level, assisted by some Scottish coaches.

It’s either that or Malky......
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    I don't think having been a club manager recently or even in the last 5 to 10 years should be pre-requisite for an international job as it isa totally different job from club management. Both the people I mentioned are respected Scottish coaches who have European coaching experience and playing experience and are highly respected. Jordan in particular is a Scottish international legend and for me with his experience abroad and t home and his knowledge of the game I think he would be a decent choice. To be honest I would have kept Strachan.

I really can't see a younger club manager touching the job. Even England ended up appointing an English coach from within the FA coaching school to do the job after a predictable run of foreign failures. Allardyce had too much baggage and shouldn't have een appointed.
    Fair enough. Personally, I think it's too long to be out of the game to be anything more than risky. Trends change over such a period of time. Even after that yes, it's a different job managing a national side.

Out of a slightly Scottish meagre pool I'd be half tempted to ask Steve Clarke. I don't really have a problem with having a foreign manager though so I'd probably be looking on the continent for an experienced coach who could do things a little differently. He's at Nantes currently but someone the nature of Claudio Ranieri.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Steve Clarke, Derek McInnes, Alex Neil...

The O’Neill saga shows there’s money to get the right man. The Scotland job should be marketed as a great opportunity to enhance your reputation (much in the way O’Neill has with NI) as it so high profile.

The alternative is a foreign coach with a track record at international level, assisted by some Scottish coaches.

It’s either that or Malky......
    All three of the managers you mention there are very good candidates on paper, but IMO it is unlikely that any highly rated young manager who is already managing a club will give that up to manage an international team. You are on a hiding to nothing. It's just not an attractive job for any young club manager currently in a job with a decent sized club. Michael O'Neill had only managed Brechin City and Shamrock Rovers prior to getting the NI job so that was always going to be a big step up for him but it was a huge risk.

John Hughes

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    All three of the managers you mention there are very good candidates on paper, but IMO it is unlikely that any highly rated young manager who is already managing a club will give that up to manage an international team. You are on a hiding to nothing. It's just not an attractive job for any young club manager currently in a job with a decent sized club. Michael O'Neill had only managed Brechin City and Shamrock Rovers prior to getting the NI job so that was always going to be a big step up for him but it was a huge risk.
    It's interesting though that Michael O'Neill has enhanced his reputation by taking on a smaller national side in Northern Ireland as a young manager. We might say that it's the exception that proves the rule but it's certainly done good things for his reputation.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    It's interesting though that Michael O'Neill has enhanced his reputation by taking on a smaller national side in Northern Ireland as a young manager. We might say that it's the exception that proves the rule but it's certainly done good things for his reputation.
    That’s how I see it. The Scotland job should be marketed as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Neil is wallowing around the championship, but must surely harbour ambitions of getting back to a premier league club.

McInnes has done an excellent job but can only take Aberdeen so far, yet doesn’t get linked to many top jobs down south, and with the Rangers job off the table the Scotland one may be the best way to boost his reputation. It’s either that or he eventually gambles on another Championship club.

Kilmarnock is surely only a short term move for Steve Clarke, but it depends what his ambitions are. Of the three I think he’d be the most likely to take the job.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Surely there is an obvious solution that's staring us all in the face?
    One that would benefit all of Scottish football, and that fans of all Scottish clubs would welcome.

It's simple really.

As we know, that closet Fenian McInnes did the dirty on The The Rangers, and has left them with Murty holding the reins until a top class (cheap) alternative can be found.

The The Rangers are struggling to find the moolah to pay for a new manager (hence McInnes giving the paupers a bodyswerve) and as we all know, 'a strong The Rangers side' is absolutely crucial to our game and possibly even to life as we know it.

So....................... lets have the SFA appoint Murty to the National gig, and obviously compensate The The Rangers accordingly. He's turned out to be sheer bloody brilliant at The Hunnery, so it's only fair that a million or two greenbacks......... apologies........ banknotes..... are given over to that nice Mr King.

So, Scotland get a manager with a decent pedigree (Hun background) who couldn't be any worse than Judas or Sir Walter Cardigan, and The The Rangers get a bag full of used tenners to bail them out again.

Everyone's a winner.

This WILL happen, and I bet Jabba or Keith Jackshun will claim it as their scoop, but it was mine first.

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    They could pay us half a million for Lennon?
    We could appoint Michael O'Neill after for a laugh.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6926 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Fukking nauseating innit. I watched a bit of ITV news and Gordon Smith was on there lauding Judas. These $#@!s can't see further than the end of their sashes.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2113 Post(s)
    could do worse than Steve Clarke, think he would take it if offered.

- - - Updated - - -

definitely not GJP or Walter Smith, couple of pariahs

if money and time was no object would go to the Scotland friendly double header in Lima and Mexco city in May, what a trip that would be.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1695 Post(s)
    Should have gone for Moyes, nae chance now.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    could do worse than Steve Clarke, think he would take it if offered.

- - - Updated - - -

definitely not GJP or Walter Smith, couple of pariahs

if money and time was no object would go to the Scotland friendly double header in Lima and Mexco city in May, what a trip that would be.
    That looks superb, Machu Pichu is on my bucket list anyway, combined with a Scotland jolly could be the trip of a lifetime. No way I’d get a pass for that though! 3-4 years ago maybe..
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2617 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    That looks superb, Machu Pichu is on my bucket list anyway, combined with a Scotland jolly could be the trip of a lifetime. No way I’d get a pass for that though! 3-4 years ago maybe..
    Get her telt who’s the candy floss Kev 😂

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3627 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Fukking nauseating innit. I watched a bit of ITV news and Gordon Smith was on there lauding Judas. These $#@!s can't see further than the end of their sashes.
    I dont think Smith would take it anyway but it`ll likely be either Judas or the racist McKay.
    If happiness won`t come to me hand me the nitrous gas.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Scott Gemill the new front runner.

Just a promotion really.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3615 Post(s)

Just a promotion really.
    Christ. What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4886 Post(s)
    Scott Gemill the new front runner. Just a promotion really.
    It's actually 'Scot' - short for Scotland. Perfect name for the next national football coach. 😊

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Just a promotion really.
    There’s worse options...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Sir Walter of Cardigan being touted for the job in the daily sevco!

How long has he been unemployed?

If the rumour is true I think it shows just how prehistoric our football authorities are, why we will never progress and ... ach, whats the point!
    Space to let

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3286 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sir Walter of Cardigan being touted for the job in the daily sevco!

How long has he been unemployed?

If the rumour is true I think it shows just how prehistoric our football authorities are, why we will never progress and ... ach, whats the point!
    Spot on...
    Ive been done with the national football team for a while now, this will kill it stone dead, well tbh i think it is stone dead already! Our set up is laughably amateur
    Absolutely stuck in the prehistoric age, and they wonder why our game has went drastically backwards
    GGTTH

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    As I have said before no highly rated young manager currently in a job will leave their club to manage the international team.
    It's basically a part-time job for "elder statesmen" of the game. Guys like McInnes and Clarke won't touch it with a bargepole because they want to manage day-to day at club level and build their careers there. The Scotland job is for managers who have finished at club level and have had some degree of success and know international football. I wouldn't have punted Strachan to be honest. Smith and McLeish are obvious candidates despite their unpopularity with many due to their hun background. I know I'm in a minority but I would have no problem with either.

John Hughes

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1803 Post(s)
    Stevie Clarke seems an obvious choice, unlucky for killie. Don’t know if he wants it mind

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1803 Post(s)
    As I have said before no highly rated young manager currently in a job will leave their club to manage the international team.
    It's basically a part-time job for "elder statesmen" of the game. Guys like McInnes and Clarke won't touch it with a bargepole because they want to manage day-to day at club level and build their careers there. The Scotland job is for managers who have finished at club level and have had some degree of success and know international football. I wouldn't have punted Strachan to be honest. Smith and McLeish are obvious candidates despite their unpopularity with many due to their hun background. I know I'm in a minority but I would have no problem with either.
    The problem is punting Strachan for Walter or ginger Judas prick. It seems pointless. They weren’t significantly better.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6926 Post(s)
    Tell that to England who have a young manager.

Also, it has nothing to do with them being the "real rangurs" men that they undoubtedly are and more to do with both of them jumping [the Scotland manager]ship at the first opportunity. Worse still, they are both tax cheats who benefited from illegal EBT's. Why would you want them anywhere near the Scotland managers job?

To not punt Strachan would have been a disaster. The guy failed so why keep him on?
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    The problem is punting Strachan for Walter or ginger Judas prick. It seems pointless. They weren’t significantly better.
    I agree it is pointless. That's why I would have kept Strachan.
    Realistically he is as good as we could get IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Tell that to England who have a young manager.

Also, it has nothing to do with them being the "real rangurs" men that they undoubtedly are and more to do with both of them jumping [the Scotland manager]ship at the first opportunity. Worse still, they are both tax cheats who benefited from illegal EBT's. Why would you want them anywhere near the Scotland managers job?

To not punt Strachan would have been a disaster. The guy failed so why keep him on?
    Southgate came through the English FA coaching Academy and knows the international game back to front. They promoted him to the top job because, like in Scotland, no English coach currently in a job or of any real substance wanted it. It's a poisened chalice and everyone knows it down there. Allardyce got it because he was out of work so would take anything offered and when they found out he was a crook he was quickly emptied.

I agree Strachan failed to get Scotland qualifying for a major tournament, but IMO that has more to do with the lack of true international class players he has available to him as much as anything else. We have a few decent players at that level but not enough as has been the case for decades now. Several managers before Strachan failed as well for this reason. I also think luck has not been with us over the years. Whoever gets the job will have the same problems Strachan had. He isn't able to sign players so he has to make do with what the clubs provide for him and I'm afraid they are not providing enough international class players who are regularly playing at a high level.

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    With Walter, we'd get consistent, 451 football eeking out results. But he'd be at it for a few years maybe, beyond club management by now.

MacLeish will jump at the first sniff of another job.

Both are stuck in their footballing ways though. We do need someone a bit fresher, but there's nobody just now that stands out at all as willing, or likely to stick around.

Lennon, Clarke, Jack Ross, McInnes could all be relatively exciting. Brenda?
    How's Alex Neil doing?

Honestly I've no idea where we should go now.

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1803 Post(s)
    I’d have Strachan too. I certainly wouldn’t have emptied him without first knowing we could get someone likely to be better in.

I agree it is pointless. That's why I would have kept Strachan.
    Realistically he is as good as we could get IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Southgate came through the English FA coaching Academy and knows the international game back to front. They promoted him to the top job because, like in Scotland, no English coach currently in a job or of any real substance wanted it. It's a poisened chalice and everyone knows it down there. Allardyce got it because he was out of work so would take anything offered and when they found out he was a crook he was quickly emptied.

I agree Strachan failed to get Scotland qualifying for a major tournament, but IMO that has more to do with the lack of true international class players he has available to him as much as anything else. We have a few decent players at that level but not enough as has been the case for decades now. Several managers before Strachan failed as well for this reason. I also think luck has not been with us over the years. Whoever gets the job will have the same problems Strachan had. He isn't able to sign players so he has to make do with what the clubs provide for him and I'm afraid they are not providing enough international class players who are regularly playing at a high level.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Stuart McCall sacked Stuart McCall: Bradford City sack manager after six straight defeats - BBC Sport

Must be a better option than Wally?
    Space to let

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Stuart McCall sacked Stuart McCall: Bradford City sack manager after six straight defeats - BBC Sport

Must be a better option than Wally?
    McCall wouldn't be a bad shout IMO.

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    McCall wouldn't be a bad shout IMO.
    I could maybe get on board with that.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    902 Post(s)
    Has McCall done anything noteworthy other than taking Motherwell to Europe? Mark McGhee has done that and nobody would give him the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6725 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Headed Boy View Post
    Has McCall done anything noteworthy other than taking Motherwell to Europe?
    He certainly has.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4485 Post(s)
    Walter Smith has ruled himself out of the running to become the next Scotland manager. Smith previously held the role and was being considered for a return by the Scottish FA. More below:
    ⬇️

I never bothered copying the more below! Enough said.

Phew! That's a relief!!

- - - Updated - - -

GOSSIP: Jackie McNamara and Alex McLeish are emerging as potential candidates for the Scotland manager's job, while John Hughes says he would do the job for nothing. It's all in today's gossip. More below:
    ⬇️

Oh $#@!
    Space to let

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Least John Hughes still considers it a honour.
    Just a job to the rest, and if we're being honest, it's really not all that appealing.

At this stage we are better off going for someone unexpected. Not John of course, but something similar. Just have to accept the fact that if he does well, then he moves on.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3286 Post(s)
    Same old same old....
    GGTTH