vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)

Dean Shiels and Falkirk

Just read that he had fake eyeballs chucked at him during the game against Falkirk. That's the lowest of the low if you ask me. That's on par or worse than throwing bananas at a black player. I hope that vile club have the book thrown at them for this. Players and now fans abusing Dean.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42548221

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    688 Post(s)
    Just read that. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3277 Post(s)
    Truly disgusting, horrible horrible club and fans.
    Hopefully they slip right down the leagues till non existent
    GGTTH

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1749 Post(s)
    On a par with their Norrie McCathie songs. Strange people.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    Probably the same dafties who were bouncing around Falkirk Station like retarded baby kangaroos attempting to be scary.
    Now they are attempting to be funny.

They need to play to their strengths and attempt to be scumbags.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    It's despicable $#@! like this that makes some of us wonder if football is still worth it.

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Yawn...

They're soccer fans. It's what a significant minority of soccer fans are like. Including a significant minority of ours. Soccer's assumed its role as the opium of the people in our largely comfortable and largely depoliticised society by pandering to a semi-controlled current of... errrrm... one-eyed bigotry.
    As I've said elsewhere & probably on here, I'd imagine he's used to it by now.
    Last game we played at Love Street was an "anti-racist" weekend. Glesca Herald was full of pics of Rangers players in "Kick it Out", "Show Racism the Red Card" & other "anti-deescreemeenayshun" leisurewear. Shiels tried to have a go at some ned who took the pee out of his eye at full-time and had to be dragged down the tunnel. And we have the neck to say the Yanks don't do irony. That must've been nigh on 10 years ago, as I was still going up regularly then.
    That Twitter thread is hilarious. You can see why Jerry Sadowitz sells out the King's Theatre in Glesca but has to perform in garrets and pub cellars at the Embra Festival.
    Shocked & appalled and Tunbridge Wells spring to mind.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Anne's View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're soccer fans.
    Somewhat debatable.

Not shocked or appalled in any way. They're a bunch of degenerate c*nts.

It's still allowable to comment on exactly what they are.

stark raving bonkers radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    Strongly worded statement from Falkirk

Falkirk Football Club
    Don't argue with an idiot; People watching may not be able to tell the difference.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    Did one of Falkirks players no get a lengthy ban last time they played due to pointing at his eye? Seen Falkirk released a statement about the incident earlier

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3569 Post(s)
    They're soccer fans. It's what a significant minority of soccer fans are like. Including a significant minority of ours. Soccer's assumed its role as the opium of the people in our largely comfortable and largely depoliticised society by pandering to a semi-controlled current of... errrrm... one-eyed bigotry.
    Last game we played at Love Street was an "anti-racist" weekend. Glesca Herald was full of pics of Rangers players in "Kick it Out", "Show Racism the Red Card" & other "anti-deescreemeenayshun" leisurewear. Shiels tried to have a go at some ned who took the pee out of his eye at full-time and had to be dragged down the tunnel. And we have the neck to say the Yanks don't do irony. That must've been nigh on 10 years ago, as I was still going up regularly then.
    That Twitter thread is hilarious. You can see why Jerry Sadowitz sells out the King's Theatre in Glesca but has to perform in garrets and pub cellars at the Embra Festival.
    I went to see Sadowitz for the first time in about 10yrs this festival and it was a sold out Assembly Rms.

I'd also suggest that if he's less popular now, it's because his act is tired and pish, as opposed to the "posh Embra" $#@!e you're suggesting.

Can't stand that "Weedgies are the salt of the earth" garbage. Just cos they never stop $#@!in talking at you doesn't automatically make them funny and wonderful.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Tigers ya Radge!
    Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NUTTY PROFESSOR View Post
    Strongly worded statement from Falkirk

Falkirk Football Club
    Good to see them taking action - can't help but feel that the leniency they showed two of their players who incited this has got us to this situation in the first place though.

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6888 Post(s)
    Sorry but that's just complete pish. Trying to suggest that glaswegians have a good ol' down to earth humour while folk from edinburgh have a more refined comedy palette too sophisticated for that kind of thing is just complete nonsense. Before JS became outdated he sold out in edinburgh when he came here. I used to love going to see him.

What these falkirk supporters did was crass and insensitive, Nothing more, nothing less.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4457 Post(s)
    When you're a known name at the Fringe the size of venue doesn't mean much in terms of popularity, more the type of atmosphere the entertainers want.

I saw John Bishop last year. Venue held about 150. I think he's on tour this year doing stadium type stuff.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3277 Post(s)
    Deary me.
    The old glesga banter eh...
    People make glasgow.... yeah we know, we hear their sickness every week at fitba matches
    GGTTH

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2276 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    When you're a known name at the Fringe the size of venue doesn't mean much in terms of popularity, more the type of atmosphere the entertainers want.

I saw John Bishop last year. Venue held about 150. I think he's on tour this year doing stadium type stuff.

Saw Danny Bhoy a few years ago. Was only a few dozen people there...his opening line was "I'm not sure if I'm on the way up or down now" Was a good night except I'd stupidly watched a lot of his shows on youtube; and most of the jokes were the same, with place names changed

Micro$oft Hating Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    766 Post(s)
    They're soccer fans. It's what a significant minority of soccer fans are like.
    Soccer ?! In Falkirk ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    What these falkirk supporters did was crass and insensitive, Nothing more, nothing less.
    Agreed.
    Charlie don't surf !

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)
    We had a trip to Falkirk a couple of years back yes....... you heard right. In fact it was to see the Falkirk wheel then we had a look at the place itself. Like the land that time forgot the folk were like extras from Braveheart.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5122 Post(s)
    You lost me from the first use of the word soccer.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Sadowitz

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Before JS became outdated he sold out in edinburgh when he came here. I used to love going to see him.
    This has been the 1st year in a while that I haven't managed to see Sadowitz. I can't see that he's become outdated, but he has become sadly scheidt for the most part. About 4 years ago, he put in a performance close to his best, but there have only been a couple of mildly impressive glimpses of his old self in his other gigs over the past decade. The guy needs help - & by that I mean a scriptwriter, not a shrink. He's still maybe the best card magician around though.

- - - Updated - - -

...& obviously Sadowitz wouldn't baulk at one-eyed jokes in relation to a Rangers player with one eye.
    I saw him in London a while back. A few days after the George Square incident, he did the "The Yanks got Bin Laden but Glasgow couldn't stop his cousin - Bin Lorry" line in London. "He won't do that in Glasgow, will he?" I thought. He did.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6954 Post(s)
    Worst thing I've read thus far this year...

Bounced Out!
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Tom English MiggsNet Thread

"Soccer Fans Behave Like Bigoted Morons! Shock! Horror!"
    I'm not condoning it. It is, however, precisely the type of behaviour excused and encouraged by almost everyone within the game. That anyone who attends matches in the UK or Ireland should be even mildly surprised by it is incomprehensible. "What can I be offended by today?"
    The worst/best thing I read last year was last week's MiggsNet thread: "Tom English: Is He One Of Them?" Fella's from Limerick City. Never stepped foot in the UK until going to London to labour on building sites. But he might be a Gunt. Or a Hun. Whatever "One Of Them" is. Pearls of wisdom on the thread include, "There are Protestants in the R.o.I. you know" and "Maybe he went to Embra Uni & developed a soft spot for them"
    The "30 year" papers just released by the Irish government reveal renewed late-80s allegations that Gerry Adams was a British spy/informant. I'm surprised the notion that Mr.Adams may be a Gunt doesn't have its own thread over there.
    Face it, lads: most modern soccer fans are morons, seeking tribal affiliation and (hopefully) some reflected glory in order to enhance their empty - but comfortable, cossetted and largely secure - lives. Civility and rational behaviour are not what they want from their involvement.

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1231 Post(s)
    I kind of get what @St.Anne's is saying here . ( I think)
    Folk chucking false eyes at a player with one eye are undoubtedly sad morons. Fully paid up members of the get a life squad. However, the outpouring rage and apparent shock factor seems somewhat over played to me. I'm surprised, that folk are surprised that football fans can stoop so low.
    The list of dodgy songs attacking both personal events and historical are very very very long.
    Dean Shiels is I'm sure very aware he only has one eye. He has conquered such affliction to the extent he gets paid to play a professional sport .
    He has played for some huge clubs, he has even played for the best one , he has international honours , he has a few medals . I doubt very much he will lose much sleep over a few radges showing themselves up for what they are . He has the last laugh , by a long shot.
    The terracing culture often throws up some events which leave a bad taste, I fail to see how this is being perceived as the worst of the worst.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4859 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    I kind of get what @St.Anne's is saying here . ( I think)Folk chucking false eyes at a player with one eye are undoubtedly sad morons. Fully paid up members of the get a life squad. However, the outpouring rage and apparent shock factor seems somewhat over played to me. I'm surprised, that folk are surprised that football fans can stoop so low.The list of dodgy songs attacking both personal events and historical are very very very long.Dean Shiels is I'm sure very aware he only has one eye. He has conquered such affliction to the extent he gets paid to play a professional sport . He has played for some huge clubs, he has even played for the best one , he has international honours , he has a few medals . I doubt very much he will lose much sleep over a few radges showing themselves up for what they are . He has the last laugh , by a long shot.The terracing culture often throws up some events which leave a bad taste, I fail to see how this is being perceived as the worst of the worst.
    I don't think anyone on here is perceiving it as the worst of the worst.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    I don't think anyone on here is perceiving it as the worst of the worst.
    Fair enough, but it's getting a lot more airtime , on here , other sites and the media in general , than songs celebrating horrendous events, sung by the ugly sister supporting cavemen every f&&&&&g week.
    Some Hibs fans sing about Mercer being deid. Laughatme being a gambling addict, Craig Levein being a f&&&&&g penis.
    Barry Lavetty got stick for being a junky, Best for being an alkay, Zemmama for having a young wife, Zibby for having broken hands
    Football fans are cruel, always have been , always will be . It's just seems fashionable to focus on this particular incident , when really, I'd be surprised if Deano took it as nothing more than poor banter by a bunch of tossers. He does like to wind the punters up a bit himself.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4859 Post(s)
    Fair enough, but it's getting a lot more airtime , on here , other sites and the media in general , than songs celebrating horrendous events, sung by the ugly sister supporting cavemen every f&&&&&g week.Some Hibs fans sing about Mercer being deid. Laughatme being a gambling addict, Craig Levein being a f&&&&&g penis.Barry Lavetty got stick for being a junky, Best for being an alkay, Zemmama for having a young wife, Zibby for having broken hands Football fans are cruel, always have been , always will be . It's just seems fashionable to focus on this particular incident , when really, I'd be surprised if Deano took it as nothing more than poor banter by a bunch of tossers. He does like to wind the punters up a bit himself.
    All the things you have mentioned are songs being sung or stuff shouted at players. They were throwing fake eyeballs at Shiels. There's no comparison between them.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    All the things you have mentioned are songs being sung or stuff shouted at players. They were throwing fake eyeballs at Shiels. There's no comparison between them.
    How come?
    Hurling verbal insults or physical ones has the same effect on the victim , surely?
    Unless it's bricks

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4859 Post(s)
    How come?Hurling verbal insults or physical ones has the same effect on the victim , surely?Unless it's bricks
    Cannae believe you're seriously asking that.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    It's the same as throwing bannas at a black player. A black player shouldn't be abused on the colour of his skin and neither should Dean because he has one eye. Both disgusting vile acts.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4046 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    It's the same as throwing bannas at a black player. A black player shouldn't be abused on the colour of his skin and neither should Dean because he has one eye. Both disgusting vile acts.
    This!
    Can't believe folk are debating that he shouldn't be bothered about it.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3277 Post(s)
    Yep, agree, racism was seen as banter once.. ffs cant believe folk think its run of mill banter... simply cannot compare it to songs.

Even worse is that it has stemmed from inside the club, their own players have brought it to where it is.
    I find it disgusting
    GGTTH

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    688 Post(s)

Dean Shiels and Falkirk

I was at Vauxhall conference game once and a guy in the crowd handed his own glass eye to the linesman.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    I was at Vauxhall conference game once and a guy in the crowd handed his own glass eye to the linesman.

Mind back in the 70's when it could become like an episode of Bullseye!

[IMG][/IMG]

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1117 Post(s)
    As an ugly personal I was massively offended by the songs directed at Steven Fulton.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4457 Post(s)
    His fine assist for yesterdays goal.

https://www.facebook.com/fraser.dryb...15012273003355
    Space to let