Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Rob Cross played out of this world! Taylor might be the best ever but he’s a knob IMO and was happy to see him get dismantled by the relative rookie
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1229 Post(s)
    Annoyingly , I said to my young lad about 6 months ago I should put a ten spot on Cross for the worlds

He absoloutley destroyed that prik Taylor. A very slimy , creepy , unlikeable man ( Taylor ). He just never seems genuine in what he is saying Quite strange how a convicted sex offender has been lauded and adored by both media and fans alike for a long time.
    Glad to see the back of him , though nobody could ever deny how he was virtually unplayable for 3 decades.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite strange how a convicted sex offender has been lauded and adored by both media and fans alike for a long time.
    I watched an invitational exhibition where he was playing soft-tip in Japan against a young Japanese lassie. He was interviewed before it, and commented that he’d need to concentrate because she’s very pretty and that could put him off. He’s almost 60, the $#@!ing creep, and he’s talking about eyeing up a lassie who wasn’t out of her teens. No wonder he’s a convicted sex offender.

But…

I think a lot of the hate for Taylor comes from the fact that he’s a product of his class, and there’s no doubt that there’s a lot of snobbery that surrounds darts. If you’d achieved what he’s achieved, in most any other sport, you’d be lauded as the most dominant sportsman ever; because that’s what he is. Nobody has won things at the top level of their sport like he has, and that’s despite being a horrible fat pervert that epitomises the definition of “bad loser, worse winner”.

As football becomes ever more gentrified, darts becomes ever more the working class sporting ticket into the big time. Rob Cross just won the better part of half a million for winning the World Championship, and getting yourself into the Premier League is a heck of a money spinner with floor tournaments happening most weeks. The reality, however, is that this type of feeding ground into world level will continue to see darts players mocked as boozed up arseholes that can barely string a sentence together. Ever heard Dave Chisnall interviewed? Sky needs a translator, honestly.

None of that, of course, changes the fact that the top 32 could buy and sell any of us many times over, and they get to play $#@!ing darts for a living.

I’d trade places with them any day, particularly now that Phil “the Pest” Taylor has retired.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I watched an invitational exhibition where he was playing soft-tip in Japan against a young Japanese lassie. He was interviewed before it, and commented that he’d need to concentrate because she’s very pretty and that could put him off. He’s almost 60, the $#@!ing creep, and he’s talking about eyeing up a lassie who wasn’t out of her teens. No wonder he’s a convicted sex offender.But…I think a lot of the hate for Taylor comes from the fact that he’s a product of his class, and there’s no doubt that there’s a lot of snobbery that surrounds darts. If you’d achieved what he’s achieved, in most any other sport, you’d be lauded as the most dominant sportsman ever; because that’s what he is. Nobody has won things at the top level of their sport like he has, and that’s despite being a horrible fat pervert that epitomises the definition of “bad loser, worse winner”.As football becomes ever more gentrified, darts becomes ever more the working class sporting ticket into the big time. Rob Cross just won the better part of half a million for winning the World Championship, and getting yourself into the Premier League is a heck of a money spinner with floor tournaments happening most weeks. The reality, however, is that this type of feeding ground into world level will continue to see darts players mocked as boozed up arseholes that can barely string a sentence together. Ever heard Dave Chisnall interviewed? Sky needs a translator, honestly.None of that, of course, changes the fact that the top 32 could buy and sell any of us many times over, and they get to play $#@!ing darts for a living.I’d trade places with them any day, particularly now that Phil “the Pest” Taylor has retired.
    Sorry to disagree - I dinnae like him because he is a convicted sex offender - it's that simple.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Sorry to disagree - I dinnae like him because he is a convicted sex offender - it's that simple.
    A lot of people who don't like him don't actually know that.

For me, it's not a reason to dislike him; it's another reason to dislike him.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1229 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    A lot of people who don't like him don't actually know that.

For me, it's not a reason to dislike him; it's another reason to dislike him.

I'm sure you didn't mean to quite come across their as you did?

I still wouldn't like him , even if he wasn't an offender. Top sportsman ( as he most definitely is) are entitled to be arrogant about their skills and achievement . Most are but he just seems so false , slimy and devious with it.
    Bristow for example , while he played up to the bad image and was as arrogant as could be , was still a likeable character , well , one that didn't leave you feeling quite sickly!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

I still wouldn't like him , even if he wasn't an offender. Top sportsman ( as he most definitely is) are entitled to be arrogant about their skills and achievement . Most are but he just seems so false , slimy and devious with it.
    Bristow for example , while he played up to the bad image and was as arrogant as could be , was still a likeable character , well , one that didn't leave you feeling quite sickly!
    Now watch Taylor reinvent himself as a "likeable" Sky pundit in the coming years!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1229 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Now watch Taylor reinvent himself as a "likeable" Sky pundit in the coming years!
    I think he tries too hard as it is to be likeable. It's just the mask slips sometimes .
    I have no doubt he will end up,as a pundit, though I'd love darts to just let him drift off, and prove to him that darts will flourish without him.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2596 Post(s)
    I think he tries too hard as it is to be likeable. It's just the mask slips sometimes .
    I have no doubt he will end up,as a pundit, though I'd love darts to just let him drift off, and prove to him that darts will flourish without him.
    This.... hes a creepy wee $#@!... who's good at darts.l

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Re-reading it... Aye, I think so.

Should probably read "the" reason, rather than "a" reason. Being a sex offender is certainly a reason to dislike someone.

GoGO Back To Forum