vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Just back... and Hibs should have been more dangerous

Whit a proven goalscorer at the twilight of his career like Kris Boyd the most important thing is not to give enough space to shoot. That's exactly what Hibs didn't do in the opening minute and we lost an early goal, just to make the task tougher. Hibs then started to go forward trying to score the draw. After a couple of actions from Anthony Stokes and a deflected shot by Danny Swanson we eventually managed to do it thanks to a terrible mistake by Killie's goalkeeper: Oli Shaw was in the right place at the right time to put the ball at the end of the net. Later on Danny Swanson had another good chance: he led a solitary countre-back just to see his shot deflected again.

In the second time Kilmarnock didn't even tried to play football: they just had enough to defend the point they were gaining and unfortunately Hibs didn't do enough to win the game. We constantly played in their midfield but, a part from a crossbar hitten by John McGinn we failed to test Killie's keeper. Every time we arrived in the final third we slowed down play or didn't find a good last pass. We had lot of corners without managing to shoot at goal and we didn't do it in open play too.

Kilmarnock looked quite a good side in the first half and just a well-organized defensive football team in the second. Their fans came to Easter Road in the number of 1300, also thanks to the recent good results. I'm italian so i don't really understood what they were singing, but they didn't seem to have a very vast songbook.

The players:

Marciano: had to do just one save, but it was a very good one, after a good effort from outside the box from a Killie player. He couldn't have made a lot to save Boyd shot in my opinion.

The players:

Stevenson: he played a good game throug the left line, but lacked in the final ball.
    Ambrose: he too played well, even better than Stevenson, but his crosses are not that good. No Efe moments though.
    Hanlon: he was solid in defence and tried to be dangerous in the set piecese, but didn't manage to do so. He was booked after handbags with a Killie man that was not booked.
    McGregor: classic game froma Daz, that stopped really well the only countre-back effort from Kilmarnock in the second half.

McGinn: even if that wasn't one of his best matches in a Hibs shirt, he was one of the best player in the park. He tried to play vertical passess and missed to much of them. He was our most dangerous man in the second half whit a very good shot from outside the box that hit the crossbar.
    McGeouch: he run a lot as usual, but didn't play as good as a few days ago in Tynecastle. Too many wrong passes, even in the square ones.
    Boyle: some good runs with the ball at his feet but didn't manage to create a real danger.
    Swanson: i liked him in the first half. He looked really willing to do something and had two efforts deflected. He looked confortable touching the ball too. I think that more offensive actions in the first half should've passed through him in the first half. He tired soon in the second half and was substituted after a few minutes where he was struggling.

Stokes: made an interesting action in the first half and shot really well a free kick in the second. Anyway too much times he looked a little bit lazy and didn't tried enough, excpecially in the second half.
    Shaw: scored an important goal, but didn't do much a part from that.

The subs:
    Slivka: in for Swanson, he played most of his game in the right side and tried to create some danger, doing good things but maybe a little bit disjoined.
    Murray: in for Shaw and not been able to shot at goal.
    Matilevicious: in for Stokes for the last few minutes and it's likely that was his last appereance in a Hibs shirt. I can understand why, but I cant' understand why he was signed.

Lennon: I think he should have changed something in the second half, maybe going three at the back. Hibs looks always to dominate matches but struggle to convert this in goals.

The referee: He booked lot of Kilmarnock players, maybe if he had refereed against Herats they'd have the red cards they deserved. Anyway in a couple of occasion he needed the help of his linesman under the East.

At the end of the day, Hibs shoyld have won this games, but they should have been far more dangerous to do that.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2537 Post(s)
    Bravo! Great Just Back.
    Cheers SpagH!:

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6721 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report @spaghettihibby, I enjoyed reading that
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    769 Post(s)
    Cheers SpagMan - better English than we're used to on these

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4828 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers SpagMan - better English than we're used to on these
    That's you volunteered for one....aw that's magic, thanks.
    Take your pick from March. Home or away
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)
    Again I thought we deserved more than a draw and I'm sure McGeouch was slapped in the face in the first half. Killie really did try to kick McGinn black and blue. Highlight for me was the comments around me about Kris Boyd. I thought their keeper should have been booked for timewasting. Good to see Davy Gray warming up on the touchline and Danny S playing again.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report SpagHibby, back down in Gloucester now so rely on these! At least we never lost any ground to the gunts who will, in all likelihood, be the side we’ll be fighting it out with for 4th spot come the end of the season.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Spaghetti,good read

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5824 Post(s)
    Grazie mille amico mio!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2135 Post(s)
    Nice one.

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Excellent report, cheers

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty dire today . As soon as we scored , the tempo just seemed to drop. Dylan was unusually wasteful with the ball , Boyle was giving it his headless chicken impression for most part , Stokes and Shaw just didn't link up at all. Was surprised that Swanston wasn't on the corners, considering the lack of quality we have from them .
    Apart from the 1st minute , the 3 centre halfs were in complete control.,The team definitely look like they need a rest , and the scene is set for us to finish well up,the league , if we play to our capabilities , and find someone who fancies taking a few shots on target from the 12/20 yard mark.

Anyone see that clown clubfoot wrestle Hanlon to the ground? , that was a penalty , he made absoloutley no attempt to play the ball , and made the most blatant assault on Paul who got booked for having the cheek to resist . Outrageous stuff .

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6462 Post(s)
    Cletus was wrestling even before the kick was taken, with the clueless officials oblivious. It ended with them exchanging punches and should have been a straight red and penalty had the morons in the Black been even half awake.
    I don’t think Paul was at his best and I believe he got MOM for his uppercut to Cletus.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Hibs could have played all night and they wouldn't have scored. Despite almost complete domination of possession our only goal came from a terrible mistake from their goalkeeper. Lennon has to do something about the lack of goals from midfield and we desperately need a front man who can lead the line and hold the ball up. Oli Shaw has great potential...for one so young he thinks about what he is doing and has a natural strikers instinct. He is going to be a very good goalscorer for us. I thought Danny Swanson played well until he tired in the second half. I like the way how he moves the ball quickly forward and at least tries to make things happen. The shape and formation of the team needs to change and we must start scoring more goals as a team if we ant to consolidate in fourth place.

To give a clinical finisher like Boyd the time and space to measure a shot into the net in only the first minute of the game was absolutely shocking. Our only goal came from a bad goalkeeping blunder otherwise we would be looking at yet another home defeat.

We should have won but didn't...which has been the case too often in our homes games this last few seasons.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Hibs could have played all night and they wouldn't have scored. Despite almost complete domination of possession our only goal came from a terrible mistake from their goalkeeper. Lennon has to do something about the lack of goals from midfield and we desperately need a front man who can lead the line and hold the ball up. Oli Shaw has great potential...for one so young he thinks about what he is doing and has a natural strikers instinct. He is going to be a very good goalscorer for us. I thought Danny Swanson played well until he tired in the second half. I like the way how he moves the ball quickly forward and at least tries to make things happen. The shape and formation of the team needs to change and we must start scoring more goals as a team if we ant to consolidate in fourth place.

To give a clinical finisher like Boyd the time and space to measure a shot into the net in only the first minute of the game was absolutely shocking. Our only goal came from a bad goalkeeping blunder otherwise we would be looking at yet another home defeat.

We should have won but didn't...which has been the case too often in our homes games this last few seasons.
    Agree with most of that. Apart from Shaw's goal we only had 1 other shot on target the whole match. At home that is woeful. Even Levein's anti-football hoofers managed 4 shots on target away to Aberdeen.

Cheers for the Just Back report Spag.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1954 Post(s)
    Thanks for the match report, hope we can find some funds in January
    until the sky turns green

A True Gadgie/Gadgess
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)
    Dunno what was worse our shots to possession ratio or the half cooked pie I got in the West stand.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    396 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report mate.

Much of the same old from. given teams a goal lead then clawing it back to get a draw in a game we should have won. Sooner we get an out and out goal scoring in this team the better, I dinny care how lazy or that player might be as long as he puts the ball in the net like JC did. Also good to see Swanson back, hopefully he finds a bit form and rediscovers some of his goal scoring form from last season.

All in all though 4th going into the winter break, I’m happy with that

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Nice one.
    Great report sir...
    Think we are screaming out for a pouching type striker. .
    I would bring dobbie back, great striker and knows the hibs way..GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Citrix Technical Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy/hibee. View Post
    Think we are screaming out for a pouching type striker. .

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    In the mould of Scott Mcdonald/Mark Viduka?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I hate hearts. With a passion.

GoGO Back To Forum