Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 50 of 50

Thread: Just back and Hertz are utter dug $#@!e

  1. #1
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3610

    Just back and Hertz are utter dug $#@!e

    That was not only the dirtiest team we've played this season but the team least able or willing to even attempt to play football. They truly are utter dug $#@!e.

    It was Baltic in Gorgie tonight. So cold, it would have been a pest had we not been on our feet for the entirety of proceedings. At least we were generating plenty of hot air, out singing (again) the club with no song book. Some Hibees had restricted view seats that didn't include Goncalves' partial eclipse of the pitch with an erse that had you thinking it's possible he ATE Christian Nade. Talk about junk in a trunk. I can only assume that the Wheatfield side linesman had one of them thar restricted view seats too...or had the Nade Eater blocking his line of sight when indicating that a perfectly good Oli Shaw goal was not a goal. Photos of the goal circulated round the school end quicker than a Cash Cow can count the daylight robbery stash gained from tonight's takings. Again, we were denied a win by officials. I don't know yet what Lenny has said but I do know that he didn't look best pleased at the time...

    The game lacked any real fluency. No shock there then. A Potter team is a Potter team. And that tonight was most definitely a Potter team of hoofball proportions. My biggest, most enduring take away from tonight was thank Sauzee we don't pay good money to watch that utter dug $#@!e week in, week out. The ball was in the air more often than it touched the turf. Johnny Collins wasn't wrong. They are a pub team.

    Elbows flying, pushes, shoves, pulls, trips. Constant fouling. Overly physical. Murrayfield is clearly now in their DNA. I need to see it again but I am certain Laughing Boy took McGinn out off the ball with flailing arm. Goncalves, Walker, Cowie and yon huddy No 11 all were or should have been booked in the opening 30 mins. How they finished with 11 men is beyond me.

    The only team trying to play football were Hibs. The only players with any semblance of skill were in green and white. Our defenders (Hanlon and Efe in particular) were better technically than their forwards. What an indictment.

    We are a better football team. We supported our team far better than the sphincter twitchers on the other 3 sides of the ground. Our manager is on a different plane to theirs. Did I say that they are utter dug $#@!e?

    The players

    Rocky - clean sheet and not much to do
    Lewy - took a sore one in the first half but even that didn't stop him curtailing the serpent with the 21st May tattoo
    Darren - headered their hoof balls all night long.
    Paul - strolled through the game, could've maybe scored
    Efe - I think he was racially abused. I hope they get the low lives. He was majestic. They signed Callachan, we signed Efe Ambrose...
    Dylan - elegant against all odds. They can only ever dream of players like him
    SJM - they battered him black and blue. He just kept going.
    Marv - born to be King of the Edinburgh derby.
    Oli - good goal not given. Should be celebrating being the scorer of the winning goal
    Stokes - tired
    Boyle - went off injured after an assault
    Barker- went off injured after an assault
    Dave - did well in a cameo performance
    Murray - got a couple of shots away late on

    Them - they are utter dug $#@!e
    The linesman - flag happy, clearly cost us the three points
    The new Tesco - looks as bad in reality as all the social media memes but they've finally replaced the Edwardian turnstiles.

    We may struggle for bodies on Saturday and the defence will be tested more by another Orc sympathiser than they were tonight. Going to need lots of recovery time.

    Then we can prepare thoroughly with the sun on their backs for more of the same utter dug $#@!e next month.

    MotM - genuinely tough. Paul, Efe, SJM, Dylan and others all were contenders. Im going to plump for Mr Edinburgh derby, though. Marvin Bartley, you run this fixture and you run this city.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  2. #2
    Postie Radge 1875steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Christina Hendrick's Bedroom!
    Posts
    3,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    924 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    49
    Superb as per.

    Neil LENNON SAID: “gluepot of a pitch - if you’re looking for a spectacle don’t come here”

  3. #3
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    37,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4539
    It was tough, they are dugshite, the pitch was sticky down the middle soaked down the wings.

    My own man of the match was Dylan McGeouch, he played football as all around him booted lumps out of each other.

    The song book is four song strong, one of which is sectarian filth.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  4. #4
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4720 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2227
    Thank $#@! I’m not a jambo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3610
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank $#@! I’m not a jambo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank $#@! Laughing Boy is the duplicitous serpent that he is. Can you imagine wasting the best part of the wage bill on that?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  6. #6
    Radge Private Member





    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    115
    Thanks for the report SKII
    Cannae argue with any of that ! Didn’t manage tae get.
    Ticket so watched in the Pavilion ! Braw Hibs pub in what could be argued gunt territory ,
    Hope injuries to Squirrel and Barker no too bad 🙏🏻
    Got a man crush on Bartley ! Absolutely outstanding
    Again tonight !
    GGTTH

  7. #7
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1736 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    664
    They are brutal.

  8. #8
    On holiday Radge
    broonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143
    $#@! them, their tattie field, hatchet men and stadium built fae bairns stickle bricks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    3,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    452
    That was as anti fitbaw as I've seen in a long time. They spent the 90 minutes trying to stop it being a football game. Our best attacking football has come when Barker, Boyle and Murray are deployed.

  10. #10
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    6,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1457
    Classic hearts really, brutal to watch
    until the sky turns green

  11. #11
    Radge Private Member




    Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Living in Hope.
    Posts
    7,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    2
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3620 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1235
    Typical anti-football Potter $#@!e. Their pitch reflected their director of footballs philosophy....... Harry Potter..get yer donkey team of cloggers hoofing the ball.

    Leveins post match interview..."we maintain our unbeaten record" reeks of sheer embarrassment. At least embarrassing to everyone that watched the game. They were damn $#@!ing sure beaten the night...We dominated them. Oli Shaw scored. They $#@!in lost.

    Potter is a dinosaur and his football is an affront to our game. Hard to believe that a top league manager is still employing tactics like he does. The SFA and their coaches at Largs would be proud.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.




    " Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

  12. #12
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typical anti-football Potter $#@!e. Their pitch reflected their director of footballs philosophy....... Harry Potter..get yer donkey team of cloggers hoofing the ball.Leveins post match interview..."we maintain our unbeaten record" reeks of sheer embarrassment. At least embarrassing to everyone that watched the game. They were damn $#@!ing sure beaten the night...We dominated them. Oli Shaw scored. They $#@!in lost.Potter is a dinosaur and his football is an affront to our game. Hard to believe that a top league manager is still employing tactics like he does. The SFA and their coaches at Largs would be proud.
    All true but bottom line is we couldn't beat that . Yeah if we had got that goal. Disappointingly that was our only shot on target and never really threatened the whole game

  13. #13
    Bounce Flag Co-Owner



    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    1,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    402

    Just back and Hertz are utter dug $#@!e

    Ironically the injury to Walker came when he slipped so in a pleasing way their watering of the pitch backfired.

    The commentators were relishing all the heavy tackles but when did it start to be ok if when you’ve got the ball do you then follow through and take the man out as well? Some truly horrible assaults witnessed in the replays.

    Barker looked up for it until he was taken out.

    Big Dave actually looked like he would have suited that game.

    EDIT (I need new glasses).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4720 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2227
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank $#@! Laughing Boy is the duplicitous serpent that he is. Can you imagine wasting the best part of the wage bill on that?
    I know some folk on here think he was high on Lennon's list of players this summer, but I just can't see it given the other players he's brought in,both in technical ability and personality. He just doesn't look like a Lennon player.

  15. #15
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know some folk on here think he was high on Lennon's list of players this summer, but I just can't see it given the other players he's brought in,both in technical ability and personality. He just doesn't look like a Lennon player.
    100% Lenny wanted him. He signed big Dave who is woeful with zero technical ability

  16. #16
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4720 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2227
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% Lenny wanted him. He signed big Dave who is woeful with zero technical ability
    I agree Lennon might have been keen to meet up for a chat, to see whether he'd be content with a back up role- like the one big Dave has/had- but no chance was he high up the list. And also no chance we were ever gonna pay him the money Hearts would. Infact, I'd maybe even suggest Lennon got involved to increase the offer Hearts gave him just for the lols.

  17. #17
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Lennon might have been keen to meet up for a chat, to see whether he'd be content with a back up role- like the one big Dave has/had- but no chance was he high up the list. And also no chance we were ever gonna pay him the money Hearts would. Infact, I'd maybe even suggest Lennon got involved to increase the offer Hearts gave him just for the lols.
    Lenny must have told me lies then when I'm in his company. 100% Lenny wanted him and we were paying top wages . Last night stokes was as bad as lafferty. Another non trying performance

  18. #18
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4720 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2227
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lenny must have told me lies then when I'm in his company. 100% Lenny wanted him and we were paying top wages . Last night stokes was as bad as lafferty. Another non trying performance
    Well that's a fairly solid source Greenpower. One thing I do doubt is we were matching Hearts wage offer.

    Agree on Stokes, 1 tremendous performance in 6/7 games isn't good enough...there was one moment that stood out. Barker went over and suggested Stokes move more central to pretty much get the $#@! out his way. Stokes waved him off.

    If they're not both scunnered by jambo hacking, I'd play Boyle/Murray/Barker on Saturday.

  19. #19
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2607 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1091
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All true but bottom line is we couldn't beat that . Yeah if we had got that goal. Disappointingly that was our only shot on target and never really threatened the whole game
    We should have won last night despite it being a poor spectacle. The Shaw disallowed goal was a shocking decision but it's over now there is nothing that we can do about it. The decision was made and it was the wrong one. Hard to take but that's it.

    The fact remains that Hibs just aren't good enough in the last third of the park. We don't create enough clear cut chances and when we do our strikers are not clinical enough in front of goal and get caught offside too often. We have some very talented midfield players and superb wide men who don't contribute anything like enough goals...and often the final pass is delayed too long from our creative players allowing defenders to anticipate the pass. We need a striker who can play the role Grant Holt played for us...an experienced player who can hold the ball up and lead the line. We also need an instinctive penalty box poacher. Oli Shaw is a fantastic prospect and has natural finishing ability in the box which is great to see, I'm just not sure he is ready to start every game for us at the moment.

    I know it's hard to find quality in the January window, but I reckon at least one and possibly two strikers will be in.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member
    Chester Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,646
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1117 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    280
    Boyle isn't up to tHe level we are aspiring to. We need to strengtHen in January. And wHy play Big Dave wHen He's off?

  21. #21
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3142
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank $#@! Laughing Boy is the duplicitous serpent that he is. Can you imagine wasting the best part of the wage bill on that?
    It would be beyond madness to pay top dollar for that galoot.
    Should have been sent off for persistent $#@!tishness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the report SKII
    Cannae argue with any of that ! Didn’t manage tae get.
    Ticket so watched in the Pavilion ! Braw Hibs pub in what could be argued gunt territory ,
    Hope injuries to Squirrel and Barker no too bad 🙏🏻
    Got a man crush on Bartley ! Absolutely outstanding
    Again tonight !
    GGTTH
    No offence mate, but that's a shocking effort.
    Doesn't even rhyme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% Lenny wanted him. He signed big Dave who is woeful with zero technical ability
    I expect Lennon was in the market for a big target man, and to that extent he would have expressed interest in any big target man, although I doubt if Hibs would have offered him anything like star money.
    Big Dave was watched for over a year by Lennon (according to Lennon) and if that is the standard of front man that he was after(ie largely ineffective) then Laughatme maybe was in with a chance.

    Mind you, Dave's cameo role last night showed that he was as good as Laughatme or perhaps better.

    I'm not sure why Dave didn't get more game time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyle isn't up to tHe level we are aspiring to. We need to strengtHen in January. And wHy play Big Dave wHen He's off?
    You must be joking?


    Squirrel terrorises defences.

    He entertains and he makes chances, and he gives his all every game.
    Not the level we aspire to?

  22. #22
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should have won last night despite it being a poor spectacle. The Shaw disallowed goal was a shocking decision but it's over now there is nothing that we can do about it. The decision was made and it was the wrong one. Hard to take but that's it.The fact remains that Hibs just aren't good enough in the last third of the park. We don't create enough clear cut chances and when we do our strikers are not clinical enough in front of goal and get caught offside too often. We have some very talented midfield players and superb wide men who don't contribute anything like enough goals...and often the final pass is delayed too long from our creative players allowing defenders to anticipate the pass. We need a striker who can play the role Grant Holt played for us...an experienced player who can hold the ball up and lead the line. We also need an instinctive penalty box poacher. Oli Shaw is a fantastic prospect and has natural finishing ability in the box which is great to see, I'm just not sure he is ready to start every game for us at the moment. I know it's hard to find quality in the January window, but I reckon at least one and possibly two strikers will be in.
    I agree with that. That's the massive challenge for Lenny how does he make us better in the last third. Can he make us more ruthless. As you say we have good players. But are they the best mix. That subbuteo size pitch we still didn't shoot

  23. #23
    Radge Private Member
    Chester Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,646
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1117 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be beyond madness to pay top dollar for that galoot.
    Should have been sent off for persistent $#@!tishness.



    No offence mate, but that's a shocking effort.
    Doesn't even rhyme.



    I expect Lennon was in the market for a big target man, and to that extent he would have expressed interest in any big target man, although I doubt if Hibs would have offered him anything like star money.
    Big Dave was watched for over a year by Lennon (according to Lennon) and if that is the standard of front man that he was after(ie largely ineffective) then Laughatme maybe was in with a chance.

    Mind you, Dave's cameo role last night showed that he was as good as Laughatme or perhaps better.

    I'm not sure why Dave didn't get more game time.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You must be joking?


    Squirrel terrorises defences.

    He entertains and he makes chances, and he gives his all every game.
    Not the level we aspire to?
    How many one on ones Has He fecked , tHis season alone?

  24. #24
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3142
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many one on ones Has He fecked , tHis season alone?
    I don't know.

    How many times has he run a defence ragged, or forced two or even three players to mark him thus opening up space?

    How many players in the SPFL are faster than him?

    And why are you intimidating me with all the capital H's?

  25. #25
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many one on ones Has He fecked , tHis season alone?
    He is the most improved player at ER. Best player in 2017. Yes he misses too many chances. When he converts more and improves his finL ball he will be sold . As he'll earn big dosh elsewhere

  26. #26
    Radge Private Member
    Chester Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    5,646
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1117 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know.

    How many times has he run a defence ragged, or forced two or even three players to mark him thus opening up space?

    How many players in the SPFL are faster than him?

    And why are you intimidating me with all the capital H's?
    At Particc He'd be a star. Not hating on Boyle but His end product at tHis level isn't good enough.

    Huns, bury it or square it

    Ross Gypsies. AnoTher one on one sHat.

  27. #27
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    11,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4720 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2227
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Perry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At Particc He'd be a star. Not hating on Boyle but His end product at tHis level isn't good enough.

    Huns, bury it or square it

    Ross Gypsies. AnoTher one on one sHat.
    He provided a great assist last night for Shaw's goal...

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member
    Colchester Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386
    I honestly thought the Hearts couldn’t play as bad as they did at ER....Oh how very wrong I am! A truly bizarre game of football. On reflection we should have won over the 90 min.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

  29. #29
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1734
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barker- went off injured after an assault
    I may get pelters for this, but... It was a great challenge. The sort we'd cheer to the rafters if we put it in, and rightly so. Fully committed, full-blooded and timed perfectly.

    As for the game, it was exactly what we expected. An overly-physical non-spectacle where Hearts ensured that no football broke out on their tight, tattie field of a pitch. It was precisely what Levein wanted it to be... And they still needed a perfectly good Hibs goal chalked off in order to take a point from it. I'm not frustrated at the officials, funnily enough, as the referee was in an appropriate position and couldn't see it, while the linesman would have been making an extraordinary call. What frustrates me is that we have the technology to sort these things out very quickly and properly.

    $#@!ing deploy it.

    That said, the linesman trying to argue in the tunnel that it wasn't a goal is a pain. He'd garner much more respect if he simply said that he wasn't certain and, therefore, couldn't give it. We'd be annoyed, but most reasonable people would accept that it was a fair enough decision. Shaking his head vociferously implies complicity in a rigged decision that we've been on the end of so many times against them.

    Hibs, well... I thought we did what we had to do last night from my vantage point in front of a telly in the Netherlands, where I was half-asleep after an exhausting Yuletide in Paris. I struggled to see how we'd win the game prior to kick off, given that it was going to be extremely tight and we have a penchant for not scoring and giving away cheap goals. Honestly, I think Anthony Stokes needs a rest/kick up the backside as he contributed extremely little, and my man of the match was probably Efe Ambrose - he strolled it without any of his usual bombscare moments. Generally speaking, Lennon got it right; compete in the congested areas, don't give anything away, and sneak a goal to force them out.

    We did all three of those but, sadly, archaic standards of officiating in Scotland robbed us of one.

    What's most important, for me, is that Hearts have bullied Hibs for my time watching them (since '85) and that's led to a horribly barren period where even better Hibs teams have struggled to get points because they've been physically dominated. That's been put to an end and, though I feel we still flatter to deceive, we know what it takes to get results in derbies now. The end of the fixture being financially doped has also had a significant impact that we shouldn't underestimate. Hearts, for my money, have been shown as an extremely limited team of organised cloggers who play the percentages and get results from it.

    That such an ordinary team is fifth in the league tells you everything you need to know about the standard of Scottish football, but it's worth remembering that their run has come on their own patch where such "football" is likely to be successful. They're still a distance behind us in terms of personnel, but we MUST come up with a goalscorer in January or we risk being caught because of their home form.

    The Scottish Cup game will take care of itself, but I expect another poor game where it gets turned into a congested midfield battle and not a lot else. Hearts getting players back won't make much of a difference to such a negative, one-style manager so I don't think Lennon needs to worry about it too much. Get through the match without losing, and I fully expect us to go to Easter Road and put them out.

    Again.

    Oh, and those hating on Martin Boyle... Have a word, eh? He's one of the most improved players in the league, consistently plays well and gets into great positions, and provided the assist for last night's goal. Yes, his delivery isn't always what we'd like but that's because he plays in the Scottish Premiership. If he could deliver and score goals, he'd be looking well past Hibs.

  30. #30
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3610
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may get pelters for this, but... It was a great challenge. The sort we'd cheer to the rafters if we put it in, and rightly so. Fully committed, full-blooded and timed perfectly.
    Why would you get pelters? You had the advantage of telly in the comfort of your livingroom in the Netherlands and every slow motion replay that goes with that.

    The concept of Just Back is to convey what fans who were at the game felt, thought they saw. It used to be preambled by 1875 with the caveat "I didn't have the benefit of telly so take it as you find it". Nothing has changed in that respect.

    No pelters required. The day Just Back becomes just another sanitised match report its time is over.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  31. #31
    Are those C##t's no ****ing deid yet radge



    ZemmamasBarnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laurentian Abyss
    Posts
    5,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, and those hating on Martin Boyle... Have a word, eh? He's one of the most improved players in the league, consistently plays well and gets into great positions, and provided the assist for last night's goal. Yes, his delivery isn't always what we'd like but that's because he plays in the Scottish Premiership. If he could deliver and score goals, he'd be looking well past Hibs.
    Never hurt Theo Walcott...
    FC Union, Unsere Liebe

  32. #32
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1734
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you get pelters? You had the advantage of telly in the comfort of your livingroom in the Netherlands and every slow motion replay that goes with that.
    Not everyone is as reasonable as you are, bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZemmamasBarnet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never hurt Theo Walcott...
    He's English. Their media give them a substantial helping hand, only to see their young starlets found out when they play beyond the "best league in the world" bubble when they're surrounded by top-class Europeans.

  33. #33
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6936 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2731
    I still can't believe how bad they actually are. And that the linesman was equally as bad gave them an undeserved point and cost us two needed points. I left that absolute disgrace of a stadium (entry of of 25 mins, horrendous toilet experience and shambolic exit) angry and proud. Angry because we dropped two points. Angry because we are far far superior to them and should be beating them. Angry because we were yet again denied and cheated by utter incompetence from the officials. I left proud to be a Hibby. Proud because we are everything that they are not. I don't want a draw and replay when we go back next month. I want us to return to that absolute $#@! hole next month with a team that will defeat them. I want them put in their place. Good. And. Proper.

  34. #34
    Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    EA2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EH12
    Posts
    3,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    814 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1146
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still can't believe how bad they actually are. And that the linesman was equally as bad gave them an undeserved point and cost us two needed points. I left that absolute disgrace of a stadium (entry of of 25 mins, horrendous toilet experience and shambolic exit) angry and proud. Angry because we dropped two points. Angry because we are far far superior to them and should be beating them. Angry because we were yet again denied and cheated by utter incompetence from the officials. I left proud to be a Hibby. Proud because we are everything that they are not. I don't want a draw and replay when we go back next month. I want us to return to that absolute $#@! hole next month with a team that will defeat them. I want them put in their place. Good. And. Proper.
    Had a few of those masel in recent years so I feel your pain. Thank feck I'm not a chino wearer I tell thee.

  35. #35
    Radge Private Member
    Colchester Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    708
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    250 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    386
    Taking account of all things horrendously hideous at the Library last night, did anyone fail to notice that horrible blue coat that Potter was wearing, its like he just come out of a Pontins bingo hall.

    A very dodgy geezer 🤮
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

  36. #36
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    6,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1457
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking account of all things horrendously hideous at the Library last night, did anyone fail to notice that horrible blue coat that Potter was wearing, its like he just come out of a Pontins bingo hall.

    A very dodgy geezer 🤮
    Paired with very shiny black shoes and trousers, all the style of John McGlynn
    until the sky turns green

  37. #37
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking account of all things horrendously hideous at the Library last night, did anyone fail to notice that horrible blue coat that Potter was wearing, its like he just come out of a Pontins bingo hall.

    A very dodgy geezer 🤮
    Went well with his shiny black shoes I thought. Clearly going for the Jambo Sartorial Elegance Award which has been won consistently by John McGlynn since 2012.

    173805-hearts-manager-john-mcglynn-seems-unhappy-as-todays-game-is-postponed-623x336.jpg

    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  38. #38
    Radge-a-Casblanca hibadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paired with very shiny black shoes and trousers, all the style of John McGlynn
    Ha, beat me to it - fkn image uploads!! I think we discussed the shoes and jacket last night but can't remember any mention of McGlynn.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

  39. #39
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3610
    Too busy marvelling at the Keith Lemon lookalike wearing a light blue Gunts strip in the second row of the Wheatfield stand, quite close to our end. Let's just say they were entertainingly animated. Spent first 20 mins, when the ball was down that flank pondering if this person was male or female. Couldn't work it out...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  40. #40
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    374
    So much for the “much-improved” gunts team, I actually thought they were better in the game at Easter Road, and that’s not saying much. We absolutely bossed them for 3/4 of that game last night. Just lacking in that bit of quality in the final third in terms of chance creation. Wish Stokesy had saved Saturday’s performance for last night!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  41. #41
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1734
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that the linesman was equally as bad gave them an undeserved point and cost us two needed points.
    I still think that's a bit harsh, bud.

    I get your frustration because we know it was a goal, but the linesman would have been making one Hell of a call if he gave it.

  42. #42
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,298
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    228
    Cheers for that, ended up getting a ticket off a pal last week luckily! Agree we bossed majority of the game but showed as much as ever how much we are lacking that cutting edge last night. Another good laugh in the away end minus the joke of getting in. Hopefully do it all again 3 weeks on Sunday

  43. #43
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think that's a bit harsh, bud.I get your frustration because we know it was a goal, but the linesman would have been making one Hell of a call if he gave it.
    His job is to be in correct position to make the correct decision. He failed. The ref saw it clearly and also made wrong decision

  44. #44
    Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge



    Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
    Posts
    28,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    5112
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6885 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2471
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think that's a bit harsh, bud.

    I get your frustration because we know it was a goal, but the linesman would have been making one Hell of a call if he gave it.
    The Lino was behind the play so he wasn't doing his job properly. Had he been at or closer to the byline he would have been able to see clearly that the ball was in. No excuses can be made for his incompetence.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die


    [© Daddy O'Hibee]



    If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

  45. #45
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3610
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His job is to be in correct position to make the correct decision. He failed. The ref saw it clearly and also made wrong decision
    The ref was at 90 degrees to the goal line. Big difference there
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  46. #46
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    falkirk
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Classic hearts really, brutal to watch
    Your no wrong there. .....
    Their like a team fey the maybury league. ..kicks, jabs,elbow,s lunges. ..
    Basically just trying to boot us off the park. " they rake in the buckets for something to eat. " they.......fi..GGTTH

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess nabser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    waterford, republic of hibernia
    Posts
    1,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    35
    How bad are they as a team not an ounce of football in them welcome to Hearts the 21st century equivalent of Airdrie they will probably bring Jimmy Sandison back in January as he would fit in perfectly in that team even though he is in his fifties.

  48. #48
    On holiday Radge
    broonieboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,846
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking account of all things horrendously hideous at the Library last night, did anyone fail to notice that horrible blue coat that Potter was wearing, its like he just come out of a Pontins bingo hall.

    A very dodgy geezer 🤮
    Had the look of a budget tramp that couldnae afford the embroidery for their grotesque club crest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,298
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lino was behind the play so he wasn't doing his job properly. Had he been at or closer to the byline he would have been able to see clearly that the ball was in. No excuses can be made for his incompetence.
    Ive Just watched it on telly again and it’s the fact at half time the linesman’s standing telling players blatantly it wasn’t in, what a fud claiming that and getting caught on tv saying it when it clearly was in

  50. #50
    Radge Donator





    MikeyPaget1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lower Ravelston
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    734 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272
    Got in 10 mins late because of the crappy turnstiles, so missed Ollies goal (had to stand next to some random calling himself @1875 lol) After 10 mins realized that they have not progressed one bit since the last time we played them?? Out played, and out sang them again!! Cant disagree with anything in the op, however, the one thing i was utterly baffled by was, how the $#@! did that steaming pile of dug$#@! ever take 4 goals from celtic??? They haven't got 4 goals in them! Pleasing to see them seethe as they left that $#@!hole of a ground!!!

    Oh by the way i didnt even notice there new stand till the second half?? Say what you like but u cant polish a turd!

    Here we go 10 in a row

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Just back and that was turgid shite...
    By 1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-10-16, 14:21
  2. Utter Shite.
    By RyanTheHibee in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15-03-10, 08:32
  3. Utter shite!
    By Uncle Jager in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 17-02-10, 21:34
  4. Utter Shite
    By ohtobeahibby in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 20-01-08, 15:58
  5. Utter pigs!
    By PILTONSTANY in forum The Pie Stand
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-07, 15:04

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •