Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 42 of 42

Thread: Upcoming Derby

  1. #1
    I'm a Pogues Radge
    hibbymick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LEITH
    Posts
    905
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    82

    Upcoming Derby

    What's Hibs fans feelings now with the Tynecastle game coming up on the 27th December.. obviously getting a result first against Ross County .. hopefully the weekends results were a blip and a one off.
    SUNSHINE ON LEITH. hibbymick

  2. #2
    Administrator






    Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Leith.
    Posts
    46,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4950 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1292
    As with any derby can go either way.

    Good result for us them hammering celtc as they will be full of themselves. A hibs goal will see the hearts are dugshites in full cry.

    Bring it on.

  3. #3
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As with any derby can go either way.

    Good result for us them hammering celtc as they will be full of themselves. A hibs goal will see the hearts are dugshites in full cry.

    Bring it on.
    100% Jamie they were giving it bring on the Hibees bollocks, they play their bogey team in St Johnstone but no matter who they were playing NL will have us ready for this game and for one hold no fears.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  4. #4
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    882
    I'm meeting a long lost (15 years or so) relative tomorrow who found me on Facebook recently. A out of towner coming in for their AGM*!

    First Facebook post I've seen from him was not about a great result, it was "now it's time to put Hibs back in their box". I'd forgotten he was a gullible.

    I'm looking forward to an entertaining afternoon :-)

    Cathro after a string of $#@!e results got an unexpected win against sevco then died a slow death.

    Young players run hot and freezin cold - as we know only too well! Will 6-4-0 go with the young guns or as a manager under intense pressure go with the old pros? It won't matter a jot!

    I'll be sitting in the hostility end, courtesy of a friend, having done my absolute best to eat and drink them and me into liquidation.

    Here we go ...


    * Ann Bodge owns all the shares. Who then is entitled to be at the AGM? That my be my first question if he starts any $#@!e! Where's your share certificate?
    Space to let

  5. #5
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1889
    The derby is the perfect game to get us back on track. 3 points against County will set it all up nicely. We have players that absolutely relish these games and they certainly don't fear them. They own them.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    38
    They've managed on good result in 2 seasons. What's the problem here??

  7. #7
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1618 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've managed on good result in 2 seasons. What's the problem here??
    They got a bit of a jump on a Celtic side that were exceptionally poor. Lennon and the players know how important this game is and won’t let us down.

  8. #8
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They got a bit of a jump on a Celtic side that were exceptionally poor. Lennon and the players know how important this game is and won’t let us down.
    Dead right B no reason to bottle it against those fuds.

  9. #9
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    406
    There’s no surprise in how Hearts play at Tynecastle - physical, direct, high pressing, late tackles, elbows, long balls for Lafferty to chase down, keep the ball in the air as the pitch is a state...

    We need Marciano, Hanlon, McGregor & Bartley to get back in form. We need to use our pace on the break, deal with their direct approach and win the midfield battle.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  10. #10
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089
    It will be a hard, physical game and they are absolutely desperate to beat Hibs. As far as they are concerned Hibs being unbeaten in 8 derbies and being above them in the league at any time goes against the natural order of things. Being at Tynecastle will make it more difficult for Hibs to win but it also puts huge pressure on Hearts to get the result they crave for. Quite a few youngsters in that Hearts team now and they have played well recently...however teenage players by definition cannot play at a high level week after week. A derby is a huge test for them.

    I would be pleased with a point to be honest. It's just as important as far as I am concerned that we beat both a well organised Ross County and the much improved Kilmarnock as it is our home form which has really given most cause for concern so far this season. We must start to win our home games on a much more regular basis.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  11. #11
    Donator
    Steve20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've managed on good result in 2 seasons. What's the problem here??
    The problem is we’ve won one game in six and our defence has started to look all over the place, while our attacking play continues to be a let down.

    People can go on about how three games in six days against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen was going to be hard, but we got a poor return. That could have been brushed aside had we performed well before that run. However, four points from St Johnstone, Hamilton and Partick was a very poor return. Hearts are hitting form now too. This won’t be the easy three points it looked a month or so ago.

    We need to learn to defend again, Create more and score more. All before Saturday as it would be good to go into the derby still at least three points ahead of them.

  12. #12
    A True Gadgie/Gadgess Bossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is we’ve won one game in six and our defence has started to look all over the place, while our attacking play continues to be a let down.

    People can go on about how three games in six days against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen was going to be hard, but we got a poor return. That could have been brushed aside had we performed well before that run. However, four points from St Johnstone, Hamilton and Partick was a very poor return. Hearts are hitting form now too. This won’t be the easy three points it looked a month or so ago.

    We need to learn to defend again, Create more and score more. All before Saturday as it would be good to go into the derby still at least three points ahead of them.
    I'm looking forward to it in a more optimistic frame of mind than you. It's a fantastic opportunity to put that mob back in their box.

  13. #13
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm looking forward to it in a more optimistic frame of mind than you. It's a fantastic opportunity to put that mob back in their box.
    Agreed. People forget they had a wee surge ahead of the last derby, too. Made no difference.

    The fixture calendar has generated ebb and flow. It has for most teams. That's reality, not excuses.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  14. #14
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    north of hell
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm meeting a long lost (15 years or so) relative tomorrow who found me on Facebook recently. A out of towner coming in for their AGM*!First Facebook post I've seen from him was not about a great result, it was "now it's time to put Hibs back in their box". I'd forgotten he was a gullible.I'm looking forward to an entertaining afternoon :-)Cathro after a string of $#@!e results got an unexpected win against sevco then died a slow death.Young players run hot and freezin cold - as we know only too well! Will 6-4-0 go with the young guns or as a manager under intense pressure go with the old pros? It won't matter a jot!I'll be sitting in the hostility end, courtesy of a friend, having done my absolute best to eat and drink them and me into liquidation.Here we go ...* Ann Bodge owns all the shares. Who then is entitled to be at the AGM? That my be my first question if he starts any $#@!e! Where's your share certificate?
    Just pish in his beer

  15. #15
    Radge Donator





    MikeyPaget1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lower Ravelston
    Posts
    1,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    164
    Can't wait for this one!!! Who gives a $#@! if they beat the smillies?? Perfect time to put them back in there little gunt box

    Bring em on

    GGTTH

  16. #16
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is we’ve won one game in six and our defence has started to look all over the place, while our attacking play continues to be a let down.

    People can go on about how three games in six days against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen was going to be hard, but we got a poor return. That could have been brushed aside had we performed well before that run. However, four points from St Johnstone, Hamilton and Partick was a very poor return. Hearts are hitting form now too. This won’t be the easy three points it looked a month or so ago.

    We need to learn to defend again, Create more and score more. All before Saturday as it would be good to go into the derby still at least three points ahead of them.
    Every post is all down and out from you, get a grip we own this city and we will put them to the sword come the Derby, our players hold the no fear factor against them like others have done in the past. Let them think they are on a high after an impressive win against Celtic but that will be even more pleasing when we stick it to them in their own pink bus shelter.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  17. #17
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    396
    That shower have no chance against us. I can't think of single player from the mob that would get in our starting 11. At the very most maybe the goalie, but that's debatable.

  18. #18
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That shower have no chance against us. I can't think of single player from the mob that would get in our starting 11. At the very most maybe the goalie, but that's debatable.
    I would take Jamie Walker as he is an excellent player and as you say their goalkeeper is quite good as well. Their young lads have acquitted themselves really well in some games recently particularly Harry Cochrane. I know I will probably be in a minority of one here but I rate Lafferty. Not saying I would want him in particular at Easter Road, but we could certainly do with the type of striker he is in our team just now.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  19. #19
    Radge Private Member


    Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Dhn ideann
    Posts
    8,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    361
    How Hibs master the pitch is my concern. It really has been tampered with depending on the opponents, that much is clear from Sunday - confirmed practically by Kheredine Idessane.

    In short, of recent we've dilly dallied on the ball far too much and being either nearly costly or very - Ambrose, Bartley, McGeouch and McGinn the most culpable. They will press and harass much like Sunday so it is vital no sloppy errors are made and an air of composure is needed to dampen their enthusiasm.

    An early goal would change everything for them but not for us - We're due one there.

  20. #20
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1850
    Can't believe we are even discussing this. Our next game is our most important one. We need to win that one then we can look to our game v that lot.

  21. #21
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    345
    Bartley wasn't great on Saturday but he'll be important in this one, could do with him doing Callachan one early on. I was impressed with the gunts pressing of Celtic on Sunday but, as usual, they played a very physical game. Might be worth Lenny highlighting Lafferty's deliberate elbows to two of our players in the previous derby in the run up to this one, seeing as the ref missed both last time. Not that our players are afraid to mix it of course but you have the feeling if a player ends up seeing red it'll be one of ours!

    Smurf is right though, the only thing to concentrate on just now is 3 points on Saturday. Would be nice to go into the derby with a bigger lead over them than we currently have.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  22. #22
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3456 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2363
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't believe we are even discussing this. Our next game is our most important one. We need to win that one then we can look to our game v that lot.
    Kinda where I'm at. I'd like to see us beat someone by two clear goals at home before I start beating my chest about the derby.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  23. #23
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1485
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our next game is our most important one.
    Aye.

    The Derby will take care of itself, as it almost always does. Hearts beat a Celtic team that believed it was going to win at a canter, and wholly failed to compete in the battle that Hearts forced the pace of. They also gave away two joke goals and a joke penalty (by that I mean that it was an awful decision by Gordon that led to a stonewall spot kick) that all added up to a perfect storm.

    Individually, we're still better than them. Where the game can be lost is in the same aspect that Celtic lost; we don't compete in the battle that Levein will be desperate to turn the game into. They don't want any actual football to break out, because they don't have personnel that can actually play it. That means that the tight pitch will see them in our face throughout, balls will get lumped up for knock ons, and they'll be looking to get tore in at every opportunity.

    "Forget the ball, just get on with the game".

    To get a result Hibs need to concentrate, give nothing silly away, take their chances, compete in the physical battle in the middle of the park, and be a little streetwise. Do those things and our higher level of quality will see us win the game, and win it pretty comfortably.

    Sadly, we've yet to put all those ingredients together this year. It'll be a huge test of where this team really is mentally, and there'll be no breathing room.

    I suppose the best part of Sunday's result is that it told us exactly how Levein will approach the Derby. That said, it's hard to imagine he'd have approached it any other way.

  24. #24
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bartley wasn't great on Saturday but he'll be important in this one, could do with him doing Callachan one early on. I was impressed with the gunts pressing of Celtic on Sunday but, as usual, they played a very physical game. Might be worth Lenny highlighting Lafferty's deliberate elbows to two of our players in the previous derby in the run up to this one, seeing as the ref missed both last time. Not that our players are afraid to mix it of course but you have the feeling if a player ends up seeing red it'll be one of ours!

    Smurf is right though, the only thing to concentrate on just now is 3 points on Saturday. Would be nice to go into the derby with a bigger lead over them than we currently have.
    Has Bartley ever given anyone a doing or nailed them?

    Can't say have seen anything other than firm, fair hard tackles.
    Space to let

  25. #25
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has Bartley ever given anyone a doing or nailed them?

    Can't say have seen anything other than firm, fair hard tackles.
    Fair point Jack, he certainly had the measure of Callachan in the first derby, more of that will do me fine. Sure there were gunts on Keechback moaning about Hibs being over-physical!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  26. #26
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1562
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair point Jack, he certainly had the measure of Callachan in the first derby, more of that will do me fine. Sure there were gunts on Keechback moaning about Hibs being over-physical!
    Oh there were/are.

    But while hard fair challenges are a legitimate part of the game they saw it as us dishing out the malicious tackles and underhand tactics they are well known for.
    Space to let

  27. #27
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That shower have no chance against us. I can't think of single player from the mob that would get in our starting 11. At the very most maybe the goalie, but that's debatable.
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target

  28. #28
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target
    Eh?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  29. #29
    Donator

    Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fauldhouse
    Posts
    3,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target
    One in the eye for Neil Lennon with that attempted signing. Cannie believe we were really looking to sign as big an orange $#@! as Trump. He's a $#@!in prick and well suited to that shower of $#@!e across the city
    Game's rigged, why bother?

  30. #30
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1618 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh?
    We’re an entirely different proposition to Celtic, and hearts won’t be able to play such a defensive pressing hit on the break game. I’ll be intrigued what target come up with but does potter have an offensive game plan?

  31. #31
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re an entirely different proposition to Celtic, and hearts won’t be able to play such a defensive pressing hit on the break game. I’ll be intrigued what target come up with but does potter have an offensive game plan?
    We are definitely not Celtc. And Im fairly certain Laughing Chops wasn't our No1 signing target in the summer...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  32. #32
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target
    Wouldn't take Lafferty or Walker over Stokes and Murray. Pretty sure the last Derby McGregor was missing. Lafferty's not going to get away with his snide elbows on Darren I can tell you that. I see a comfortable 2-0 win.

  33. #33
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't take Lafferty or Walker over Stokes and Murray. Pretty sure the last Derby McGregor was missing. Lafferty's not going to get away with his snide elbows on Darren I can tell you that. I see a comfortable 2-0 win.
    Walker is a midfielder and is far superior player to Murray. Lafferty is a different style to stokes. Has scored more that stokes and Murray in the league.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are definitely not Celtc. And Im fairly certain Laughing Chops wasn't our No1 signing target in the summer...
    I'm fairly certain he was

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh?
    I'm lost

  34. #34
    Radge Private Member

    Hibee Kev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re an entirely different proposition to Celtic, and hearts won’t be able to play such a defensive pressing hit on the break game. I’ll be intrigued what target come up with but does potter have an offensive game plan?
    I actually thought the scum were all over the Dodgers for the first half hour, certainly not a defensive approach, yeah they sat in to hit on the break after that, but the damage was done. Not that I ever want to give that lot any credit of course!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

  35. #35
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1089
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought the scum were all over the Dodgers for the first half hour, certainly not a defensive approach, yeah they sat in to hit on the break after that, but the damage was done. Not that I ever want to give that lot any credit of course!
    Hearts got the first goal whilst they were on top early on and quickly followed that up with a second. That's the difference. When you play Celtic IMO you have to score first to have any chance of a positive result. Celtic found themselves in a situation they were not used to in Scotland.....2-0 down on a muddy pitch in front of a raucous home support and chasing the game. It's all about goals and I'm afraid Hibs don't score enough goals as a team especially when we are dominating possession. Been that way for several years now and we appear to be no nearer to solving the problem.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 21-12-17 at 08:35.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  36. #36
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target
    Laugherty was nowhere near our number one target.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  37. #37
    Radge Private Member
    SuperTortolano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    3,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    396
    On the face of it, it might not seem like we score enough goals, but that's not entirely true. A quick look at the SPL table and it's conceding goals that's the problem. We've scored 28 and conceded 25. Only Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals. Aberdeen having scored four more than us. Hearts on the other hand have only scored 21, but conceded only 19.

  38. #38
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1485
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually thought the scum were all over the Dodgers for the first half hour, certainly not a defensive approach, yeah they sat in to hit on the break after that, but the damage was done. Not that I ever want to give that lot any credit of course!
    That was exactly what happened from where I was sat (in front of the telly).

    Hearts were at them from the first whistle, gave them no room to breathe, and were easily the better side when they capitalised.

  39. #39
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,714
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5817 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4108
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was exactly what happened from where I was sat (in front of the telly).

    Hearts were at them from the first whistle, gave them no room to breathe, and were easily the better side when they capitalised.
    An opinion, but I felt Aberdeen done the same to us on Saturday, the high press seems to trump playing open, expansive football.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  40. #40
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1889
    The gunts havnae bullied us for years now. Suddenly this team with kids and kid on hard men are gonna get in aboot us without reply. Gie's peace eh.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  41. #41
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    24,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6459 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3001
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are definitely not Celtc. And Im fairly certain Laughing Chops wasn't our No1 signing target in the summer...

    Not according to Neil Lennon anyway.

  42. #42
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,966
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1322
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Hearts were at them from the first whistle, gave them no room to breathe, and were easily the better side when they capitalised.
    To that end also, Celtic seemed to bring it upon themselves somewhat by turning up like a win would be a formality. Suddenly, they're a couple down on a mud bath of a pitch.

    It will be a very different pattern and dynamic in the derby I think, with, as usual, two teams fiercely going at it.

    On that score, we have nothing to worry about these days. If anything, we have shown the greater physical presence in recent derbies.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. Upcoming Just Backs
    By SKII in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 30-12-17, 14:13
  2. The upcoming fixtures
    By wee 162 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-13, 21:38
  3. Upcoming Refs
    By Purple & Green in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-11-12, 00:53
  4. song for the upcoming derby?
    By gackohibs in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-07, 02:33
  5. Other Ticket Details of upcoming matches....
    By 1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-01-07, 17:01

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •