vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Upcoming Derby

What's Hibs fans feelings now with the Tynecastle game coming up on the 27th December.. obviously getting a result first against Ross County .. hopefully the weekends results were a blip and a one off.
    SUNSHINE ON LEITH. hibbymick

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4950 Post(s)
    As with any derby can go either way.

Good result for us them hammering celtc as they will be full of themselves. A hibs goal will see the hearts are dugshites in full cry.

Bring it on.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As with any derby can go either way.

Good result for us them hammering celtc as they will be full of themselves. A hibs goal will see the hearts are dugshites in full cry.

Bring it on.
    100% Jamie they were giving it bring on the Hibees bollocks, they play their bogey team in St Johnstone but no matter who they were playing NL will have us ready for this game and for one hold no fears.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    I'm meeting a long lost (15 years or so) relative tomorrow who found me on Facebook recently. A out of towner coming in for their AGM*!

First Facebook post I've seen from him was not about a great result, it was "now it's time to put Hibs back in their box". I'd forgotten he was a gullible.

I'm looking forward to an entertaining afternoon :-)

Cathro after a string of $#@!e results got an unexpected win against sevco then died a slow death.

Young players run hot and freezin cold - as we know only too well! Will 6-4-0 go with the young guns or as a manager under intense pressure go with the old pros? It won't matter a jot!

I'll be sitting in the hostility end, courtesy of a friend, having done my absolute best to eat and drink them and me into liquidation.

Here we go ...

* Ann Bodge owns all the shares. Who then is entitled to be at the AGM? That my be my first question if he starts any $#@!e! Where's your share certificate?
    Space to let

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2133 Post(s)
    The derby is the perfect game to get us back on track. 3 points against County will set it all up nicely. We have players that absolutely relish these games and they certainly don't fear them. They own them.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    They've managed on good result in 2 seasons. What's the problem here??

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    They got a bit of a jump on a Celtic side that were exceptionally poor. Lennon and the players know how important this game is and won’t let us down.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    They got a bit of a jump on a Celtic side that were exceptionally poor. Lennon and the players know how important this game is and won’t let us down.
    Dead right B no reason to bottle it against those fuds.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)
    There’s no surprise in how Hearts play at Tynecastle - physical, direct, high pressing, late tackles, elbows, long balls for Lafferty to chase down, keep the ball in the air as the pitch is a state...

We need Marciano, Hanlon, McGregor & Bartley to get back in form. We need to use our pace on the break, deal with their direct approach and win the midfield battle.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    It will be a hard, physical game and they are absolutely desperate to beat Hibs. As far as they are concerned Hibs being unbeaten in 8 derbies and being above them in the league at any time goes against the natural order of things. Being at Tynecastle will make it more difficult for Hibs to win but it also puts huge pressure on Hearts to get the result they crave for. Quite a few youngsters in that Hearts team now and they have played well recently...however teenage players by definition cannot play at a high level week after week. A derby is a huge test for them.

I would be pleased with a point to be honest. It's just as important as far as I am concerned that we beat both a well organised Ross County and the much improved Kilmarnock as it is our home form which has really given most cause for concern so far this season. We must start to win our home games on a much more regular basis.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)
    The problem is we’ve won one game in six and our defence has started to look all over the place, while our attacking play continues to be a let down.

People can go on about how three games in six days against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen was going to be hard, but we got a poor return. That could have been brushed aside had we performed well before that run. However, four points from St Johnstone, Hamilton and Partick was a very poor return. Hearts are hitting form now too. This won’t be the easy three points it looked a month or so ago.

We need to learn to defend again, Create more and score more. All before Saturday as it would be good to go into the derby still at least three points ahead of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    The problem is we’ve won one game in six and our defence has started to look all over the place, while our attacking play continues to be a let down.

People can go on about how three games in six days against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen was going to be hard, but we got a poor return. That could have been brushed aside had we performed well before that run. However, four points from St Johnstone, Hamilton and Partick was a very poor return. Hearts are hitting form now too. This won’t be the easy three points it looked a month or so ago.

We need to learn to defend again, Create more and score more. All before Saturday as it would be good to go into the derby still at least three points ahead of them.
    I'm looking forward to it in a more optimistic frame of mind than you. It's a fantastic opportunity to put that mob back in their box.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to it in a more optimistic frame of mind than you. It's a fantastic opportunity to put that mob back in their box.
    Agreed. People forget they had a wee surge ahead of the last derby, too. Made no difference.

The fixture calendar has generated ebb and flow. It has for most teams. That's reality, not excuses.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm meeting a long lost (15 years or so) relative tomorrow who found me on Facebook recently. A out of towner coming in for their AGM*!First Facebook post I've seen from him was not about a great result, it was "now it's time to put Hibs back in their box". I'd forgotten he was a gullible.I'm looking forward to an entertaining afternoon :-)Cathro after a string of $#@!e results got an unexpected win against sevco then died a slow death.Young players run hot and freezin cold - as we know only too well! Will 6-4-0 go with the young guns or as a manager under intense pressure go with the old pros? It won't matter a jot!I'll be sitting in the hostility end, courtesy of a friend, having done my absolute best to eat and drink them and me into liquidation.Here we go ...* Ann Bodge owns all the shares. Who then is entitled to be at the AGM? That my be my first question if he starts any $#@!e! Where's your share certificate?
    Just pish in his beer

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    Can't wait for this one!!! Who gives a $#@! if they beat the smillies?? Perfect time to put them back in there little gunt box

Bring em on

GGTTH

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Every post is all down and out from you, get a grip we own this city and we will put them to the sword come the Derby, our players hold the no fear factor against them like others have done in the past. Let them think they are on a high after an impressive win against Celtic but that will be even more pleasing when we stick it to them in their own pink bus shelter.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    That shower have no chance against us. I can't think of single player from the mob that would get in our starting 11. At the very most maybe the goalie, but that's debatable.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    That shower have no chance against us. I can't think of single player from the mob that would get in our starting 11. At the very most maybe the goalie, but that's debatable.
    I would take Jamie Walker as he is an excellent player and as you say their goalkeeper is quite good as well. Their young lads have acquitted themselves really well in some games recently particularly Harry Cochrane. I know I will probably be in a minority of one here but I rate Lafferty. Not saying I would want him in particular at Easter Road, but we could certainly do with the type of striker he is in our team just now.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)
    How Hibs master the pitch is my concern. It really has been tampered with depending on the opponents, that much is clear from Sunday - confirmed practically by Kheredine Idessane.

In short, of recent we've dilly dallied on the ball far too much and being either nearly costly or very - Ambrose, Bartley, McGeouch and McGinn the most culpable. They will press and harass much like Sunday so it is vital no sloppy errors are made and an air of composure is needed to dampen their enthusiasm.

An early goal would change everything for them but not for us - We're due one there.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6677 Post(s)
    Can't believe we are even discussing this. Our next game is our most important one. We need to win that one then we can look to our game v that lot.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Bartley wasn't great on Saturday but he'll be important in this one, could do with him doing Callachan one early on. I was impressed with the gunts pressing of Celtic on Sunday but, as usual, they played a very physical game. Might be worth Lenny highlighting Lafferty's deliberate elbows to two of our players in the previous derby in the run up to this one, seeing as the ref missed both last time. Not that our players are afraid to mix it of course but you have the feeling if a player ends up seeing red it'll be one of ours!

Smurf is right though, the only thing to concentrate on just now is 3 points on Saturday. Would be nice to go into the derby with a bigger lead over them than we currently have.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3456 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Can't believe we are even discussing this. Our next game is our most important one. We need to win that one then we can look to our game v that lot.
    Kinda where I'm at. I'd like to see us beat someone by two clear goals at home before I start beating my chest about the derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Our next game is our most important one.
    Aye.

The Derby will take care of itself, as it almost always does. Hearts beat a Celtic team that believed it was going to win at a canter, and wholly failed to compete in the battle that Hearts forced the pace of. They also gave away two joke goals and a joke penalty (by that I mean that it was an awful decision by Gordon that led to a stonewall spot kick) that all added up to a perfect storm.

Individually, we're still better than them. Where the game can be lost is in the same aspect that Celtic lost; we don't compete in the battle that Levein will be desperate to turn the game into. They don't want any actual football to break out, because they don't have personnel that can actually play it. That means that the tight pitch will see them in our face throughout, balls will get lumped up for knock ons, and they'll be looking to get tore in at every opportunity.

"Forget the ball, just get on with the game".

To get a result Hibs need to concentrate, give nothing silly away, take their chances, compete in the physical battle in the middle of the park, and be a little streetwise. Do those things and our higher level of quality will see us win the game, and win it pretty comfortably.

Sadly, we've yet to put all those ingredients together this year. It'll be a huge test of where this team really is mentally, and there'll be no breathing room.

I suppose the best part of Sunday's result is that it told us exactly how Levein will approach the Derby. That said, it's hard to imagine he'd have approached it any other way.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Bartley wasn't great on Saturday but he'll be important in this one, could do with him doing Callachan one early on. I was impressed with the gunts pressing of Celtic on Sunday but, as usual, they played a very physical game. Might be worth Lenny highlighting Lafferty's deliberate elbows to two of our players in the previous derby in the run up to this one, seeing as the ref missed both last time. Not that our players are afraid to mix it of course but you have the feeling if a player ends up seeing red it'll be one of ours!

Smurf is right though, the only thing to concentrate on just now is 3 points on Saturday. Would be nice to go into the derby with a bigger lead over them than we currently have.
    Has Bartley ever given anyone a doing or nailed them?

Can't say have seen anything other than firm, fair hard tackles.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Has Bartley ever given anyone a doing or nailed them?

Can't say have seen anything other than firm, fair hard tackles.
    Fair point Jack, he certainly had the measure of Callachan in the first derby, more of that will do me fine. Sure there were gunts on Keechback moaning about Hibs being over-physical!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    Fair point Jack, he certainly had the measure of Callachan in the first derby, more of that will do me fine. Sure there were gunts on Keechback moaning about Hibs being over-physical!
    Oh there were/are.

But while hard fair challenges are a legitimate part of the game they saw it as us dishing out the malicious tackles and underhand tactics they are well known for.
    Space to let

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    They will be different opponents this time. Crap pitch. Tiny pitch. They will smash it long and ove power us. Like they did to Celtic. Celtic tried to play fitba it didn't work. We don't have forwards we can smash it up to. I'd take a draw. Jamie walker and lafferty good enough for us. Lenny had lafferty as his number one target
    Eh?

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)
    One in the eye for Neil Lennon with that attempted signing. Cannie believe we were really looking to sign as big an orange $#@! as Trump. He's a $#@!in prick and well suited to that shower of $#@!e across the city
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Eh?
    We’re an entirely different proposition to Celtic, and hearts won’t be able to play such a defensive pressing hit on the break game. I’ll be intrigued what target come up with but does potter have an offensive game plan?

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4819 Post(s)
    We’re an entirely different proposition to Celtic, and hearts won’t be able to play such a defensive pressing hit on the break game. I’ll be intrigued what target come up with but does potter have an offensive game plan?
    We are definitely not Celtc. And Im fairly certain Laughing Chops wasn't our No1 signing target in the summer...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    Wouldn't take Lafferty or Walker over Stokes and Murray. Pretty sure the last Derby McGregor was missing. Lafferty's not going to get away with his snide elbows on Darren I can tell you that. I see a comfortable 2-0 win.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Wouldn't take Lafferty or Walker over Stokes and Murray. Pretty sure the last Derby McGregor was missing. Lafferty's not going to get away with his snide elbows on Darren I can tell you that. I see a comfortable 2-0 win.
    Walker is a midfielder and is far superior player to Murray. Lafferty is a different style to stokes. Has scored more that stokes and Murray in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely not Celtc. And Im fairly certain Laughing Chops wasn't our No1 signing target in the summer...
    I'm fairly certain he was

- - - Updated - - -

Eh?
    I'm lost

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    I actually thought the scum were all over the Dodgers for the first half hour, certainly not a defensive approach, yeah they sat in to hit on the break after that, but the damage was done. Not that I ever want to give that lot any credit of course!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    I actually thought the scum were all over the Dodgers for the first half hour, certainly not a defensive approach, yeah they sat in to hit on the break after that, but the damage was done. Not that I ever want to give that lot any credit of course!
    Hearts got the first goal whilst they were on top early on and quickly followed that up with a second. That's the difference. When you play Celtic IMO you have to score first to have any chance of a positive result. Celtic found themselves in a situation they were not used to in Scotland.....2-0 down on a muddy pitch in front of a raucous home support and chasing the game. It's all about goals and I'm afraid Hibs don't score enough goals as a team especially when we are dominating possession. Been that way for several years now and we appear to be no nearer to solving the problem.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 21-12-17 at 08:35.

John Hughes

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1681 Post(s)
    Laugherty was nowhere near our number one target.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    On the face of it, it might not seem like we score enough goals, but that's not entirely true. A quick look at the SPL table and it's conceding goals that's the problem. We've scored 28 and conceded 25. Only Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals. Aberdeen having scored four more than us. Hearts on the other hand have only scored 21, but conceded only 19.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    That was exactly what happened from where I was sat (in front of the telly).

Hearts were at them from the first whistle, gave them no room to breathe, and were easily the better side when they capitalised.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5817 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    That was exactly what happened from where I was sat (in front of the telly).

Hearts were at them from the first whistle, gave them no room to breathe, and were easily the better side when they capitalised.
    An opinion, but I felt Aberdeen done the same to us on Saturday, the high press seems to trump playing open, expansive football.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2133 Post(s)
    The gunts havnae bullied us for years now. Suddenly this team with kids and kid on hard men are gonna get in aboot us without reply. Gie's peace eh.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6459 Post(s)

Not according to Neil Lennon anyway.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post

To that end also, Celtic seemed to bring it upon themselves somewhat by turning up like a win would be a formality. Suddenly, they're a couple down on a mud bath of a pitch.

It will be a very different pattern and dynamic in the derby I think, with, as usual, two teams fiercely going at it.

On that score, we have nothing to worry about these days. If anything, we have shown the greater physical presence in recent derbies.

GoGO Back To Forum