vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)

Dreadful performance

Coming home in car listening to Lenny on radio, he was spot on in what he said. Need to win next three games before winter break. And board need to sign a couple of good forwards to ensure we finish fourth

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3466 Post(s)
    Haven't heard his comments yet.

To be fair, that fixture run was ridiculous. Celtc, 2 days, Huns, 2 days, Aberdeen away at lunchtime. That's a joke. Plus, getting nothing from the Huns game when we easily deserved all three had to take it out of them mentally.

Perhaps a case for going a little easy on the team? Big test though, to regroup for Ross Co and then the Gunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't heard his comments yet. To be fair, that fixture run was ridiculous. Celtc, 2 days, Huns, 2 days, Aberdeen away at lunchtime. That's a joke. Plus, getting nothing from the Huns game when we easily deserved all three had to take it out of them mentally. Perhaps a case for going a little easy on the team? Big test though, to regroup for Ross Co and then the Gunts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not for me. Players were second best allOver the park. Lenny accepted that.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)
    Ach, well beaten in the end. We posed no real threat going forward, gave away two poor goals (I watched on TV), and failed to compete for chunks of the game. That said, however, I think the management need to be realistic about what happened today; we were flat following an emotionally devastating night on Wednesday, that was accompanied by an excellent point earned two days prior. It's not easy to keep coming back time after time.

The reality is that we now want to cement fourth place throughout the rest of the year, and have a good showing in the Scottish Cup.

That'd be a good return for our first year back in the Premiership.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Haven't heard his comments yet.

To be fair, that fixture run was ridiculous. Celtc, 2 days, Huns, 2 days, Aberdeen away at lunchtime. That's a joke. Plus, getting nothing from the Huns game when we easily deserved all three had to take it out of them mentally.

Perhaps a case for going a little easy on the team? Big test though, to regroup for Ross Co and then the Gunts.

Exactly.

Hibs were poor today but if anyone disregards the effects of the last few days they're mistaken in my view.

There is room for improvement generally - that hasn't changed - but Hibs didn't suddenly become a bad team overnight.

Disappointed in today but give them a break is my opinion.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Exactly. Hibs were poor today but if anyone disregards the effects of the last few days they're mistaken in my view.There is room for improvement generally - that hasn't changed - but Hibs didn't suddenly become a bad team overnight.Disappointed in today but give them a break is my opinion.
    Making excuses is for losers. That's the mentality Lenny is trying to eradicate from ER

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    455 Post(s)
    Would take a top 6 finish right now if offered. Should we be aiming higher? Maybe, but it’s our first season back plus we generally have a $#@!e 2nd half of the season!
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Would take a top 6 finish right now if offered. Should we be aiming higher? Maybe, but it’s our first season back plus we generally have a $#@!e 2nd half of the season!
    Anything less than fourth is failure

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Making excuses is for losers. That's the mentality Lenny is trying to eradicate from ER
    There's a distinction between an excuse and a reason.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)
    While I generally agree with @Stu on this particular issue, I do think there's a discussion to be had about Hibs resorting to type by flattering to deceive; which is what they've done in my 32 years watching them.

Neil Lennon doesn't appear to have changed it much.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Anything less than fourth is failure
    Well then failure it is then. We won’t finish top four. Awful for weeks now, powder puff up front, primary school defending. Lennon is seriously overhyped. And it’s not a knee jerk, I’ve never truly rated him. Did his best to make a meal of the championship for a lot of the season, when anyone here could cruise it.

He’s not terrible but needs to change his ways soon. We will slide down this league sticking with this.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Well then failure it is then. We won’t finish top four. Awful for weeks now, powder puff up front, primary school defending. Lennon is seriously overhyped. And it’s not a knee jerk, I’ve never truly rated him. Did his best to make a meal of the championship for a lot of the season, when anyone here could cruise it.He’s not terrible but needs to change his ways soon. We will slide down this league sticking with this.
    We ain't been awful for weeks. I'm assuming you've been going to the games. We will finish fourth

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1562 Post(s)
    Just a bad day at the office. Lads have been playing well all season. Need a couple of new faces in the next window.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3466 Post(s)
    Well then failure it is then. We won’t finish top four. Awful for weeks now, powder puff up front, primary school defending. Lennon is seriously overhyped. And it’s not a knee jerk, I’ve never truly rated him. Did his best to make a meal of the championship for a lot of the season, when anyone here could cruise it.

He’s not terrible but needs to change his ways soon. We will slide down this league sticking with this.
    "Awful for weeks"? Absolute baws.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6701 Post(s)
    Lennon made daft comments in his media conference on Thursday that Aberdeen will have used. Indeed Lennon acknowledged this after the game today.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1959 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Lennon made daft comments in his media conference on Thursday that Aberdeen will have used. Indeed Lennon acknowledged this after the game today.
    What did he say?
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6701 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    What did he say?
    Aside from Celtic we play the best football. Pretty much said he warned his players his comments will be used as motivation. Schoolboy error by the manager IMO. Dave Farrell just said so too on the radio.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)
    I don't think it's about what Neil Lennon said or didn't say a couple of days ago.

It's a lot more about Hibs making stupid mistakes and not being able to perform themselves.

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1692 Post(s)

Get a grip we haven't been awful for weeks, take you missed the Celtic and Scum games eh....our away record was up there with the best of them, the only club to have held the club who are miles a head of anyone else both away and home, it was terrible performance today I will give you that but I am no hitting the panic button, as for NL he is a winner and he won't put up with any $#@! either, so who could do a better job. Clueless
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1182 Post(s)
    Today was awful. A depressing step back in time . We do however bring it on ourselves ( as fans) . 15 mins against Celtic , masked what was a pretty dire performance . We battered the Hun but lost , and today , a couple of early mistakes were punished and their was no way back for a team who were exhausted mentally and physically. Our one gained point should really be 3 , and that's it. We bring it on ourselves because we allow our selfs to be convinced that that some players are world beaters , when really they are a decent bunch of players on their day. I thought macregor looked very heavy and slow on Wednesday , today he looked worse. Barker looked really dangerous for 40 mins on Wednesday, the first time he has really not flattered to deceive . Boyle , while definitely improving is still very limited to what he actually contributes over 90 mins . Our keeper is decent , but does have his off days . Stokes has always been a player who shows glimpse of class but often lets a game bypass him. Murray is 100 effort with little guile , he does however pop up with a decent return of goals .
    We move forward , reasonably confident that unlike past teams of ours , improvement will continue , but we must stop the feast or famine perception of our players.
    Hopefully a fit Danny Swanson is exactly the shot in the arm we need , then we need to start fielding a settled team , all this chopping and changing dosent help.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3466 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    Hopefully a fit Danny Swanson is exactly the shot in the arm we need.
    The stage is set for a lifelong Hibee to step up and deliver the best half season of his life. Would love for it to happen for him.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayside hibee View Post
    I thought macregor looked very heavy and slow on Wednesday , today he looked worse.

True yes, but in his defence Daz is probably not totally fit nor match fit after a long layoff recovering after surgery. Trouble is with Gray out and Whittaker not totally fit either, Daz has been thrust in a bit.
    Last edited by jock3; 17-12-17 at 11:16.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4831 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    True yes, but in his defence Daz is probably not totally fit nor match fit after a long layoff recovering after surgery. Trouble is with Gray out and Whittaker not totally fit either, Daz has been thrust in a bit.
    Yep - 2 injured right backs, 2 injured centre halves...you couldn't make it up.

Efe playing out of position to cover the gap. Not fair on him in some ways to judge him equally at RB as CB or even CM, where he started out his career.

I was effing fizzing yesterday, tired, cold and ill. I wantedto convey that frustration. I don't Effing think Efe was the biggest culprit yesterday. Far from it. But he was, like Dylan and Rocky and Darren, guilty of some poor individual errors. But unlike Boyle and Barker and Dylan and Bartley he took some responsibility, he continued to want the ball. He was getting ridiculed and he was man enough to ignore it.

Nobody deserves pass marks but in the cold light of a new day I feel Efe and Lewis may have been off form like all the others but they didnt hide. They weren't cowardly, like some.

Hibs know who went to the game yesterday. Maybe not a refund but a gesture of goodwill should be forthcoming. It wouldn't take much.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Yep - 2 injured right backs, 2 injured centre halves...you couldn't make it up. Efe playing out of position to cover the gap. Not fair on him in some ways to judge him equally at RB as CB or even CM, where he started out his career. I was effing fizzing yesterday, tired, cold and ill. I wantedto convey that frustration. I don't Effing think Efe was the biggest culprit yesterday. Far from it. But he was, like Dylan and Rocky and Darren, guilty of some poor individual errors. But unlike Boyle and Barker and Dylan and Bartley he took some responsibility, he continued to want the ball. He was getting ridiculed and he was man enough to ignore it.Nobody deserves pass marks but in the cold light of a new day I feel Efe and Lewis may have been off form like all the others but they didnt hide. They weren't cowardly, like some.Hibs know who went to the game yesterday. Maybe not a refund but a gesture of goodwill should be forthcoming. It wouldn't take much.
    A gesture would be nice. One of my mates that traveled up had just finished a night shift. You can accept getting beat from a better team. Not out fought and out ran

GoGO Back To Forum