vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Stokes to be dropped surely?

After the game last night personally think Stokes should be dropped for sheep game. Half arsed attitude, Where if he lost the ball he couldn’t be was bothered. One moment of magic (pass to set up goal vs Celtic on Sunday) every few games isn’t enough from our “star man” and for a big game player I can’t remember a big time performance from him this season. 3 goals from open play is a $#@!e return for a striker of his apparent quality. Thanks for that great day in May Stokesy but sort your the attitude our please. Just hope Lennon sees what it seems like most the fans are seeing also and either drops him or has a word.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callumnapier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After the game last night personally think Stokes should be dropped for sheep game. Half arsed attitude, Where if he lost the ball he couldn’t be was bothered. One moment of magic (pass to set up goal vs Celtic on Sunday) every few games isn’t enough from our “star man” and for a big game player I can’t remember a big time performance from him this season. 3 goals from open play is a $#@!e return for a striker of his apparent quality. Thanks for that great day in May Stokesy but sort your the attitude our please. Just hope Lennon sees what it seems like most the fans are seeing also and either drops him or has a word.
    Stokes was signed mainly because he’s a big game player - he hasn’t really delivered in any of the big games. He hasn’t scored against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts in the league, has been left out for disciplinary reasons, and hasn’t produced a really top performance this season.

It’s a pity Danny Swanson has been injured as he would have given us another option playing off the striker.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)
    He had a few nice touches and flicks but overall looked pretty sluggish last night. Heavy first touches (unusual for him), letting the ball run away from him etc. Then there was that moment when he had a great opportunity for a right-footed shot in the box 2nd half and he elected to do..well, nothing. The guy is a legend but he shouldn't be an automatic first pick which seems to be the case when he's fit.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4323 Post(s)
    The Stokes Appreciation Society is going to be over this like a rash!

Last night wasn't his first, second or even third piss poor performance this season.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)
    On behalf of the Stokes Appreciation Society I would firstly like to say the guy has talent there is no doubt about it. That said why he is not showing on a more regular basis and in the big games is beyond me. Hard to say if not in right formation, partner, being dropped for non football matters or training bust ups. One thing is for sure, NL has to get him sorted and on track or sadly get rid. We can't afford that type of player and wage to be on the bench or worse not even picked.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)
    I don't really like the idea of 'big game players' in the sense that every game should be treated like a big game. Understand what's meant though, Jason Cummings is a good example of a big game player I think.

It seems to me that Stokes really isn't doing enough to retain an automatic pick, he's not really producing and not earning that. I have a lot of time for Simon Murray who has done little wrong when given the opportunity and he would be my first choice, possibly with Boyle and Barker either side of him as that has seemed to be effective. Stokes needs to work hard and fight for his place like everyone else in the squad.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callumnapier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lenny has many words. Went over to Dublin to meet him when he went awol. After being dropped for Hamilton, Lenny promised we'll see a motivated Stokes. He's actually less motivated. Stokes doesn't give a fcuk.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    I think it's obvious Lennon is trying to fudge Stokes in to the team to get him on the pitch. If he was supposed to be playing in the 'hole' last night then it was wide open on a number of occasions when the full backs/midfielders got on the ball.

I think we played some of our best stuff with Bartley McGinn and McGeouch behind Barker Boyle and Murray and I'm hopeful that's the six we'll see at Pittodrie on Saturday.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2535 Post(s)
    Loan him out tae the dodgers and get Leigh coming the other way. Are yi allowed player swap?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1547 Post(s)
    The warning signs were there when he left Blackburn. Seems Anthony's attitude and work ethic haven't changed much from then.

GoGO Back To Forum