Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just back and I hate them more than ever......

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6136 Post(s)

Just back and I hate them more than ever......

My turn to help save the bounce after a well earned break. I volunteered for the Huns game, having never hidden my absolute hatred for the rancid filth that is The Rangers, almost as much as I hate their fans, people who kinda support them, like them or even acknowledge an interest in them. Frankly I fully expected to beat them and am disappointed that Neil Lennon managed to $#@! up his selection so badly and refuse to budge on players not performing that we allowed them to sneak a win. Still it looks like Miller took a sore one.

Hibs set up was daft, the goalie was as bad as he has been good, defensively we were all over the shop at times, Hanlon being worst, Midfield was over run, Stokes half arsed, Olly bullied and Simon starved of a good ball to work with. Diamonds in a freezing night of turgid bigotry were Lewis, Efe, Boyler and Brandon who had his best game for Hibs when he came on.

It just didnae work, 3 up from was poor John and Dylan were out run and out fought in a 2 v 3, and the referee cheated by not giving us a clear penalty. Not good enough and your daft plan didnae work Lenny.

Massive crowd, massive Hibs support, disjointed singing with Since 1875 chirruping away in the gods of the Famous Five as the rest of the Hibs ends sung something else. Huns gave their full sectarian repetoire, without an arrest, the police watching on, feet a tapping to the beat of intolerant ignorance, songs about fenian $#@!s, $#@! the pope et al. The 'act' made all the difference there eh? The Huns are horrible filth, Scotland's shame.

The Team

Rocky, nae chance at first Hun goal, woeful at second, $#@!e at crosses, poor passing out, he was pish.

McGregor battled all night with the boy that looks like Plug Fi the Beano, Morelos.

Efe was excellent, first at centre half, then at right back.

Paul had as bad a night as he has been having good ones all season. I though he was error strewn and up front was a mistake as he cannae head a ball with any power. Poor.

Lewis was very good at left half and as good again at left back. Fine strike for his goal.

Boyler had it up the Huns all game and had at least 5 assists if our strikers were better/ more aware. Great effort son.

McGinn was swamped my niggly wee Huns, that Clancy refused to book. He tried too hard and they caught him out. Better with Barts beside him and stop the worldies son, a simple pass can work too.

McGeouch, read McGinn's sorry tale, missed the big fellae behind him and again was dug by Huns all night.

Stokes started well, quickly vanished, I would have hooked him for his bad attitude. Lazy too.

Olly was bullied by the Hun centre halfs, looked like a wee laddie.

Simon was poor but again got no service from the midfield, he did get plenty crosses from Boyler and later Barker but couldnae convert.

Subs

Barker came on for Olly after 50 minutes and had his best game in a Hibs shirt, he was all over the filth in royal blue. Pity we couldnae convert. Well played son.

Whittaker for Murray, christ knows why.

Lennon got it wrong tonight, didnae seem to fix it. Poor for me. Imagine losing to them Neil, have a good look at yourself?

The Huns, I have nothing to say but $#@! them.

The referee was dreadful, let them away with murder and ignored a blatant Hibs penalty when some ginger hundog handled it right in front of him.

Big crowd, weird dynamic. I would move the Since 1875 boys back to the east tomorrow.

Man of Match was between Lewis, Boyler and Efe. Efe just gets it for me.

See you all in Aberdeen on Saturday morning.

Hibernian Forever!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3569 Post(s)
    Cheers @1875

I agree that Whittaker for Murray was one of the weirdest subs I ever saw.

I thought Hanlon was good, but my uncle's pal thought he was poor, so - opinions, indeed.

For me, the game hinged on one thing and one thing alone: our three up top were all hopeless. Shaw you can excuse, Murray was all effort as per but he simply has to score that tap in, and Stokes ... well, he is living off goodwill for me at the moment. If you're a "big game player", well, then, you have to perform when the big games come around.

A good number 9 tonight, and we win that game. Mateluvicius is clearly persona non grata, so I look forward to welcoming his replacement.

But we better not wait on him - the Gunts are now 6 points behind, and we are at the Sheep on Saturday. I'm not expecting 3 points - would take a draw right now. Big month.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2613 Post(s)
    Hugely frustrating night...

Our lack of quality up front cost us again. Great performances from both wingers which deserved to be better rewarded but we just miss far too many chances. Efe Ambrose MOTM for me and I reckon he has been our best and most consistent player so far this season. Boyle was superb...lacks composure when he gets a chance for a goal but then for me his strength is that he is a great wide player with a superb engine. Barker played well when he came on and was desperately unlucky to hit the post twice with great efforts.

The game was decided by Hibs numerous missed chances and the Rangers taking two of their very few chances. Marciano should never have been beaten for their second. I think he is a very inconsistent goalkeeper...capable of brilliance and failing to do the basics in equal measure. Lennon's ploy to play Stokes deep behind the two strikers didn't work. We gave ourselves a mountain to climb by conceding that awful second goal just before half-time.

We have a good side...although I worry what we will do when McGinn leaves. Massive test of Lennon's abilities in the transfer market when he comes to try to replace him.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2089 Post(s)
    Hope we can find a good affordable forward in January, not an easy task..

Very surprised when I saw team tonight and unfortunately didn't work although prob created enough chances
    until the sky turns green

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6660 Post(s)
    Ollie has a decent future, but this wasn’t the game to start him. Bewildering subbies at the end.
    Can’t believe we lost a game where we pished all over a team of cloggers who were wearing roller skates the way they fell at the slightest contact. Stonewall penalty being denied shows the Zombies are being treated the same as their predecessors by inept refs.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    It's a tough one to blame Lennon for the formation. After the game I thought Lennon got it all wrong, but that's only on the result. Over The whole game we pissed all over them. We were the much better team, so maybe not as wrong as I thought. Starting Ollie in hindsight was a bit premature, maybe should have gone with Barker. Rocky has to do better with the second goal, but not going to blame him entirely. Both him and Hanlon need to be held accountable for the second goal. Paul's better than that.

Second place is a tall order, top four is more realistic. Just need to find that big presence up front. Really could have done with a big target man in the last 20 minutes, those ****s were on the ropes.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My turn to help save the bounce after a well earned break. I volunteered for the Huns game, having never hidden my absolute hatred for the rancid filth that is The Rangers, almost as much as I hate their fans, people who kinda support them, like them or even acknowledge an interest in them. Frankly I fully expected to beat them and am disappointed that Neil Lennon managed to $#@! up his selection so badly and refuse to budge on players not performing that we allowed them to sneak a win. Still it looks like Miller took a sore one.Hibs set up was daft, the goalie was as bad as he has been good, defensively we were all over the shop at times, Hanlon being worst, Midfield was over run, Stokes half arsed, Olly bullied and Simon starved of a good ball to work with. Diamonds in a freezing night of turgid bigotry were Lewis, Efe, Boyler and Brandon who had his best game for Hibs when he came on.It just didnae work, 3 up from was poor John and Dylan were out run and out fought in a 2 v 3, and the referee cheated by not giving us a clear penalty. Not good enough and your daft plan didnae work Lenny.Massive crowd, massive Hibs support, disjointed singing with Since 1875 chirruping away in the gods of the Famous Five as the rest of the Hibs ends sung something else. Huns gave their full sectarian repetoire, without an arrest, the police watching on, feet a tapping to the beat of intolerant ignorance, songs about fenian $#@!s, $#@! the pope et al. The 'act' made all the difference there eh? The Huns are horrible filth, Scotland's shame.The TeamRocky, nae chance at first Hun goal, woeful at second, $#@!e at crosses, poor passing out, he was pish.McGregor battled all night with the boy that looks like Plug Fi the Beano, Morelos.Efe was excellent, first at centre half, then at right back.Paul had as bad a night as he has been having good ones all season. I though he was error strewn and up front was a mistake as he cannae head a ball with any power. Poor.Lewis was very good at left half and as good again at left back. Fine strike for his goal.Boyler had it up the Huns all game and had at least 5 assists if our strikers were better/ more aware. Great effort son.McGinn was swamped my niggly wee Huns, that Clancy refused to book. He tried too hard and they caught him out. Better with Barts beside him and stop the worldies son, a simple pass can work too.McGeouch, read McGinn's sorry tale, missed the big fellae behind him and again was dug by Huns all night.Stokes started well, quickly vanished, I would have hooked him for his bad attitude. Lazy too. Olly was bullied by the Hun centre halfs, looked like a wee laddie.Simon was poor but again got no service from the midfield, he did get plenty crosses from Boyler and later Barker but couldnae convert.SubsBarker came on for Olly after 50 minutes and had his best game in a Hibs shirt, he was all over the filth in royal blue. Pity we couldnae convert. Well played son.Whittaker for Murray, christ knows why.Lennon got it wrong tonight, didnae seem to fix it. Poor for me. Imagine losing to them Neil, have a good look at yourself?The Huns, I have nothing to say but $#@! them.The referee was dreadful, let them away with murder and ignored a blatant Hibs penalty when some ginger hundog handled it right in front of him.Big crowd, weird dynamic. I would move the Since 1875 boys back to the east tomorrow.Man of Match was between Lewis, Boyler and Efe. Efe just gets it for me.See you all in Aberdeen on Saturday morning.Hibernian Forever!
    Old Firm as are bad as each other. But scum. Last night summed up our season don't kill teams off and lose cheap goals. Opponents score with high percentage Of chances. As for stokes get rid in January

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Based on our control of the game and the chances we created, I don’t think Lennon going it all that wrong. Starting Oli was perhaps premature, and he may have had an impact from the bench, but given Whittaker, Barker & Bartley were carry knocks (and Matulevicius not even in the squad) I think Lennon’s hand was forced somewhat.

Our best defender this season and our goalkeeper (who has made a string of big saves recently) selling the second goal combined with some bad luck for Barker, a couple of awful refereeing decisions, and a lack of a real penalty box striker cost us the game tonight.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Based on our control of the game and the chances we created, I don’t think Lennon going it all that wrong. Starting Oli was perhaps premature, and he may have had an impact from the bench, but given Whittaker, Barker & Bartley were carry knocks (and Matulevicius not even in the squad) I think Lennon’s hand was forced somewhat. Our best defender this season and our goalkeeper (who has made a string of big saves recently) selling the second goal combined with some bad luck for Barker, a couple of awful refereeing decisions, and a lack of a real penalty box striker cost us the game tonight.
    yip lack of penalty box striker is killing us. Hun keeper hardly made a safe and our goal took a deflection or wouldn't have went in.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Old Firm as are bad as each other. But scum. Last night summed up our season don't kill teams off and lose cheap goals. Opponents score with high percentage Of chances. As for stokes get rid in January
    Read somewhere that Stokes has only scored 3 from open play this season. Pretty damming if true. I’ve been sticking up for his work rate etc. but last night he was horrible. Why he didn’t shoot when he had the chance just inside the box in the second half I’ll never know.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibee View Post
    Read somewhere that Stokes has only scored 3 from open play this season. Pretty damming if true. I’ve been sticking up for his work rate etc. but last night he was horrible. Why he didn’t shoot when he had the chance just inside the box in the second half I’ll never know.
    He doesn't seem interested and has done very little all season. Don't know if I'd give up on him just yet, but he shouldn't be starting games.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    yip lack of penalty box striker is killing us. Hun keeper hardly made a safe and our goal took a deflection or wouldn't have went in.
    It’s a major problem for us. Bit harsh on the Hun keeper who made three very good saves from Hanlon, Boyle & Barker.

Boyle’s chance is massive, he probably takes the wrong option going near post. Not long after that they equalise.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4731 Post(s)
    Enjoy trying to work out the team 45 mins before kick off, it's usually pretty straight forward. Last night was a total guessing game. Playing three strikers is bold, I like the idea, but playing three strikers without the safety of someone like Bartley is wreckless.

All three forwards were very poor last night, I thought McGinn over elaborated too often as well. He's been reading the papers this week I think.

Thought Efe was class, Lewis and Boyle too, he should have squared the ball late in first have though, would have been a tap in.

Loved the David Gray painting

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    It’s a major problem for us. Bit harsh on the Hun keeper who made three very good saves from Hanlon, Boyle & Barker.

Boyle’s chance is massive, he probably takes the wrong option going near post. Not long after that they equalise.
    Just watching the highlight this morning. Boyley probably should have squared it across the box where we had 2 players waiting instead of shooting.

Also the Hun McRorie should have been sent off. Already booked and went in with another dirty challenge in the first half which was overlooke dNo mention at all of this in the reports I've seen.

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    816 Post(s)
    Wasn’t overly impressed with a few players but we dominated the game and it was familiar story of not taking our chances. We don’t have any alternatives to the goalscoring problem.

I couldn’t therefore blame Lennon for team set up or starting 11. The Barker change for Shaw worked well - especially coming on 2nd half against more tired legs. We did well in the first as well but there will be a lot of what might have been chat about him starting from many who like myself were super critical when he was pish of late with heart of a mouse.

Rocky needs to guard his near post - and therefore the goal - as a priority. Learnt F all from Aberdeen semi when he’s anticipating a ball across the goal. That’s why he is at Hibs and there was no other interest. He’s prone to $#@! goalkeeping with cross balls problematic. He’s done very well of late otherwise.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3620 Post(s)
    It shows how rank rotten Sevco are that even with key players underperforming, we still dominated fpr about 88 of the 90 minutes. It was so much like watching The Alamo, i expected to see John Wayne and Richard Widmark, (ask yer old man kids), put in an appearance. The usual non-event up front cost us again combined with the usual goalkeeping error.

Goalscoring needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and sorry but imo, Marciano is no better than Oxley, Stack or any of the other bang average goalkeepers we`ve endured over the last few years.

As for the clear handball which was ignored by the officials, they also ignored a blatant foul on McCrorie by Shaw in our box to deny them a clear penalty as well. The question we should be asking is why, given our dominanace, we could only manage to score one $#@!in goal. They are a dreadful side, really poor and it`s an embarrassment losing to them.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It shows how rank rotten Sevco are that even with key players underperforming, we still dominated fpr about 88 of the 90 minutes. It was so much like watching The Alamo, i expected to see John Wayne and Richard Widmark, (ask yer old man kids), put in an appearance. The usual non-event up front cost us again combined with the usual goalkeeping error.Goalscoring needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and sorry but imo, Marciano is no better than Oxley, Stack or any of the other bang average goalkeepers we`ve endured over the last few years.As for the clear handball which was ignored by the officials, they also ignored a blatant foul on McCrorie by Shaw in our box to deny them a clear penalty as well. The question we should be asking is why, given our dominanace, we could only manage to score one $#@!in goal. They are a dreadful side, really poor and it`s an embarrassment losing to them.
    A deflected shot as well. We hardly troubled their keeper. This was also an issue under Stubbs. Dominating games and not killing teams off. Said it earlier in season we are weaker in the last third than last season and we are in a much tougher league.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    I think we banked on Stokes bagging at least 15 goals this season. So far that looks pretty unlikely.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3569 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    I think we banked on Stokes bagging at least 15 goals this season. So far that looks pretty unlikely.
    I think it was a fair assumption to make, too. I don't blame the club or Lennon that it hasn't transpired (or doesn't look like transpiring).

When your marquee signing starts turning in bang average performances on a regular basis, it then becomes a question of how it's addressed: do we think we can get more out of Stokes? Or do we need to gamble on someone else?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I think it was a fair assumption to make, too. I don't blame the club or Lennon that it hasn't transpired (or doesn't look like transpiring).When your marquee signing starts turning in bang average performances on a regular basis, it then becomes a question of how it's addressed: do we think we can get more out of Stokes? Or do we need to gamble on someone else?
    We can only get more out of Stokes if he's willing to put in the extra shift. Looks like he's carrying a few extra pounds too. He should be busting a gut in training and putting in extra work. Chances of that are slim though. For me he's had half a season and done very little. Id gamble and bring in another forward, keep Stokes on the bench. If he doesn't like it, then he knows where the door is.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2277 Post(s)
    Surprised we started with three up front, always going to lack in midfield because of that. Why can't Barker play like he did in this game when he gets a start? Lennon sorted things out bringing Barker on, but even in the first half we coulda been 3 up by half time so cant say it was all a bad formation. In the thread "how many points will we get from these 3 games" I said 2 points and added that it is not I think we can't win them, but that we don't convert enough chances...I still think the same.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3569 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Surprised we started with three up front, always going to lack in midfield because of that. Why can't Barker play like he did in this game when he gets a start? Lennon sorted things out bringing Barker on, but even in the first half we coulda been 3 up by half time so cant say it was all a bad formation. In the thread "how many points will we get from these 3 games" I said 2 points and added that it is not I think we can't win them, but that we don't convert enough chances...I still think the same.
    Gotta be honest, I'd now be happy with 2. I predicted 4, but I never envisaged having to beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie to get them!

Ye never know, though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    We can only get more out of Stokes if he's willing to put in the extra shift. Looks like he's carrying a few extra pounds too. He should be busting a gut in training and putting in extra work. Chances of that are slim though. For me he's had half a season and done very little. Id gamble and bring in another forward, keep Stokes on the bench. If he doesn't like it, then he knows where the door is.
    Makes you wonder how big dave cant get even half an hour on the park

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Makes you wonder how big dave cant get even half an hour on the park
    He was a cheap back up option and not expected to get many starts...well by me anyway.

A couple of games was enough to know that was his level.

Brian Graham type y’know. Every now and then a few folk pipe up he deserves a chance and after 10 minutes you know why they didn’t.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4051 Post(s)
    Murray fell to pieces after he missed that sitter. Never recovered and wasn't the same player after it, was surprised he lasted so long tbh. Although for Whittaker in order to play Hanlon up front was a total non-thought for me. For starter playing balls to challenge in the air wasn't how we created chances so why use someone that way
    Boyle was brilliant when given the chance to be, he could've scored nothing last night and still have been the reason we won by about 5
    Barker had probably the best night of his life, with absolutely no joy to show for it.

In all honesty, I think the Stokes that left us the first time was the best Stokes, if we had him last night, playing as a striker he would've tripled his goal tally. So many balls into the box, in brilliant positions (Something we've missed for a disgusting number of seasons) any actual box player worth his salt could've had the easiest night of his life.
    Our Stokes however... Looked the part until we got into a rhythm.

Can't believe we lost that game in about 4 minutes. We should've won that 10 times over in the other 90 not good enough really, they are shocking, Tavernier can cross a ball but he's there to be taken advantage of every single time. We should expect to beat them.

Top report as always, cheers. Hopefully a good trip for you Saturday! Hunco managed to beat them twice mind
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

GoGO Back To Forum