Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: If only some of the players had been 100% from the off...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4827 Post(s)

If only some of the players had been 100% from the off...

@jock3 is on the Just Back but while he warms up the crayons after a Baltic lunchtime game, we can only reflect on what might have been...in both senses. I dont feel Dylan or Bartley or Barker were fully at it from the off. Game passed Dylan and Bartman by for long periods. Dylan seemed to be running at 3/4 pace.

Meanwhile Barker's lack of bottle (there, ive said it) frustrates the life out of me. Boyle never needs invited to take a man on, no matter who they are, watch and learn. Or give someone else a chance Lenny.

Some fine performances from others though.

Hope we have those knocks sorted for the visit of the Orcs...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2531 Post(s)
    Whittaker was not match fit...a blind man could see that. He could hardly run and looked well off the pace as did Dylan McGeoch. We are toiling a bit at right-back with both Gray and Whittaker struggling badly with injury. Bartley usually does well in these sort of games but the Celtic midfielders can really shift and I thought he struggled to get close to them.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 11-12-17 at 10:10.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    What really annoyed me about Barker is that the one time he actually took Lustig on, he left him for dead and whipped in a decent ball that Brown got back and cleared magnificently. So he CAN do it but lacks the confidence to. Frustrating.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whittaker was not match fit...a blind man could see that. He could hardly run and looked well off the pace as did Dylan McGeoch. We are toiling a bit at right-back with both Gray and Whittaker struggling badly with injury.
    That being the case, there is a clear solution and it's the one the manager resorted to during the game with Ambrose going to right back where for me, he looked very comfortable. You could maybe see those injury woes as a little fortuitous even as it allows McGregor back into the central defence where he should be at all times when fit.

I think positive mention could be made of the way the squad was constructed in the last window which gives a few options in these situations.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    That being the case, there is a clear solution and it's the one the manager resorted to during the game with Ambrose going to right back where for me, he looked very comfortable. You could maybe see those injury woes as a little fortuitous even as it allows McGregor back into the central defence where he should be at all times when fit.

I think positive mention could be made of the way the squad was constructed in the last window which gives a few options in these situations.
    I thought we went to a back three at the end - Ambrose on the right of the three with Boyle right midfield/wing back - the same way we set up against Partick Thistle.

We certainly have some good options, and Lennon has shown great tactical flexibility to switch things up.

Whittaker is a good player, he’s not played for a while due to injury and it showed against the best left winger in the league.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    I thought we went to a back three at the end - Ambrose on the right of the three with Boyle right midfield/wing back - the same way we set up against Partick Thistle.

We certainly have some good options, and Lennon has shown great tactical flexibility to switch things up.

Whittaker is a good player, he’s not played for a while due to injury and it showed against the best left winger in the league.
    You would see better than me, Zab, I had the dodgiest stream which was continually and frustratingly freezing. I would be happy with Ambrose a right back though, I think he's got the qualities and athleticism to be very versatile.

Agree with your other points and I especially wonder exactly how fit Whittaker was. I tend to believe that's the issue rather than his legs having 'gone'. Time will tell.

GoGO Back To Forum