vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)

Tonights AGM.Salient Points

Usual top table of Leanne, Rod, Amanda, Finance guy and the two fan reps.(Boo hiss from me) and sadly a frail Mr Farmer

Rod gets a round of applause as he arrives which kind of sets a tone for the evening

Rod bums up the "fans reps" big time nae wonder...job done.

Mr Farmer is here as well and of course Lenny who is warmly applauded.

Accounts get approved and auditors reappointed as they always are.

Loss caused by being in the Championship not SPL(no kidding there Sherlock).

Leaane does a stand up chat followed by a question and answer session.

Leanne as relaxed and very pro as always with a few jokes and even gets "a funny old game" into her chat.

Mostly historical stuff and a big thanks to everyone about being promoted and Scottish Cup win (still milking it).

LD wants to build on promotion and expand the club further. Rightly chuffed on season ticket sales.

Well pleased with young players coming through and big thanks to Lenny for giving them the chance and George Craig behind scenes.

Hibs have visited Brentford/Derby and Southampton to see what we could do better.

Always like the way Leanne emphasises team work throughout the club in all aspects. Very much a team player and impressive calm authority.

Leanne wants to harness power of a football stadium in a community.

NHS Scotland and "Football in the Community" is her big push with regular European participtation in football terms as the next goal.

Very honest about "player trading" in that you buy players cheap and sell them on (SJM or JC werent mentioned by name) but you try to be in driving position as to timing of the sale.

LD determined and ambitious to expand Tranent operation.

Hibs are going to a training camp in January I think. La Manga maybe but dont we always lose when we come back historically?.

Amanda Jones starts off the Q and A session starting with Neil Lennon who is hugely congratulatory to all his staff and other directors.

This season he wanted more pace in the team hence Barker and at the back Efe and up front Ginja.

Praises Slivka but Big Davie is a "slow burner" (ie A bit of a dud).Lenny thinks we have exceeded expectations as just 1 point off 2nd place, great away record and never dominated in games by any opposition.

Danny Swanson has been half injured all season with niggles and hopefully better 2nd half now that the trial ordeal is over.

Lenny was very cagey with shopping in Jan transfer window. I think we have spent the budget and need to get players out.

3 youngsters in Shaw,Fraser Murray and Porteus is very promising and Lenny actually thought exceptional.

A well meaning daftie asks a question about "short corners" and why we are so crap at them.

Actually a very intelligent answer by NL which is we don't have players who can deliver well enough and only 3% of goals only come from long corners hence we go short to change the angle

Verbally in talks with Dylan to extend contract as he seems to have got over injury problems. He is thinking about it.

Stoksey gets a mention and brushes off disciplinary question but wont let any player to upset the spirit of club hence gave him a warning shot.

Didn't say what Stoksey did wrong. Lenny did admit Stoksey is a bit of a big game player only type of player.

Martin Boyle has verbally agreed a new contract and there are 88 players in Hibs youth academy at the moment
    according to the impressive Eddie May across all age groups.

SJM is in year 3 of a 4 year contract and Lenny wants him to stay ( hardly a revelation) but realistically difficult. Can't imagine staying is on SJM's agenda.

Offer from Notts Forest in summer was rejected and SJM was OK with that.

South Stand tickets for Sevco or Celtc or Hearts game will not be allocated to Hibs fans in the near future.

We are getting close to making these decisions in future but not yet there.

Interesting question as to how long Leaane will be here and kinda stalled and blocked reply by Rod as no one expected it.Leaane said nought.

Best laugh of the night as another daftie asked about "Lenny for Sevco".

Loyalty points or system isn't planned to be reintroduced and this proved contentious.

Leaane gave a very good description and explanation as why we dont feel we need this.Leanne getting a bit of a bad time for this from other fans.

300 to 500 is Leanes estimate of our supporters that go to every single away match hence why away season ticket introduced. LD thinks all season ticket holders should be treated equally.

Quite a lot of discontent on this subject well handled by Amanda.

Tracey (the so called fans rep) gets to answer a patsy question.

A bit of an insipid rely from someone just out of her depth and no match for Leaane and Rod who ran rings around her on the Sevco issue.

Frank just sat there with his badge and blazer on looking smug.

Rod brings proceedings to an end and mostly self congratulatory but Leaane didn't like the loyalty points flack at all but gave a good defence.

Don't think I have ever been in a working environment where everyone seems to love everyone else so much.They wont of course but they hide it well though you do get the impression that throughout the club there is a strong work ethic and mutual respect.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 07-12-17 at 22:08.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlovSam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usual top table of Leanne, Rod, Amanda, Finance guy and the two fan reps.(Boo hiss from me) and sadly a frail Mr FarmerRod gets a round of applause as he arrives which kind of sets a tone for the eveningRod bums up the "fans reps" big time nae wonder...job done.Mr Farmer is here as well and of course Lenny who is warmly applauded.Accounts get approved and auditors reappointed as they always do.Loss caused by being in the Championship not SPL(no kidding there Sherlock).Leaane does a stand up chat followed by a question and answer session.Leanne as relaxed and very pro as always with a few jokes and even gets "a funny old game" into her chat.Mostly historical stuff and a big thanks to everyone about being promoted and Scottish Cup win (still milking it).LD w.ants to build on promotion and expand the club further. Rightly chuffed on season ticket sales.Well pleased with young players coming through and big thanks to Lenny for giving them the chance and George Craig behind scenes.Hibs have visited Brentford/Derby and Southampton to see what we could do better.Always like the way Leanne emphasises team work throughout the club in all aspects.Leanne wants to harness power of a football stadium in a community.NHS Scotland and "Football in the Community" is her big push with regular European participtation in football terms as the next goal.Very honest about "player trading" in that you buy players cheap and sell them on (SJM or JC werent mentioned by name) but you try to be in driving position as to timing of the sale.LD determined and ambitious to expand Tranent operation.Hibs are going to a training camp in January I think. La Manga maybe but dont we always lose when we come back historically?.Amanda Jones starts off the Q and A session starting with Neil Lennon who is hugely congratulatory to all his staff and other directors.This season he wanted more pace in team hence Barker and at the back Efe and up front Ginja.Praises Slivka but Big Davie is a "slow burner" (ie A bit of a dud).Lenny thinks we have exceeded expectations as just 1 point off 2nd place, great away record and never dominated in games.Danny Swanson has been half injured all season with niggles and hopefully better 2nd half now that the trial ordeal is over. Lenny was very cagey with shopping in Jan transfer window. I think we have spent the budget and need to get players out.3 youngsters in Shaw,Fraser Murray and Porteus is very promising and Lenny actually thought exceptional.A daftie asks a question about "short corners" and why we are so crap at them.Actually a very intelligent answer by NL which is we don't have players who can deliver well enough and only 3% of goals only come from long corners hence we go short to change angleVerbally in talks with Dylan to extend contract as he seems to have got over injury problems. He is thinking about it.Stoksey gets a mention and brushes off disciplinary question but wont let any player to upset the spirit of club hence gave him a warning shot. Didn't say what Stoksey did wrong.Martin Boyle has verbally agreed a new contract and there are 88 players in Hibs youth academy at the momentaccording to the impressive Eddie May across all age groups.SJM is in year 3 of a 4 year contract and Lenny wants him to stay ( hardly a revelation) but realistically difficult. Can't imagine staying is on SJM's agenda.Offer from Notts Forest in summer was rejected and SJM OK with that.South Stand tickets for Sevco or Celtc or Hearts game will not be allocated to Hibs fans in near future.Getting close to making these decisions but not yet there.Interesting question as to how long Leaane will be here and kinda stalled and blocked reply by Rod as no one expected it.Leaane said nought.Best laugh of the night as another daftie asked about Lenny for Sevco. Loyalty points or system isn't planned to be reintroduced and this proved contentious. Leaane gave a very good description and explanation as why we dont feel we need this.Leanne getting a bit of a bad time for this from other fans.300 to 500 is Leaanes estimate of our supporters that go to every single away match hence why away season ticket introduced. LD thinks all season ticket holders should be treated equally.Quite a lot of discontent on this subject well handled by Amanda.Tracey (the so called fans rep) gets to answer a patsy question. A bit of an insipid rely from someone just out of her depth and no match for Leaane and Rod who ran rings around her on the Sevco issue.Frank just sat there with his badge and blazer on looking smug.Rod brings proceedings to an end and mostly self congratulatory but Leaane didn't like the loyalty points flack at all but gave a good defence.
    Going to Portugal. LD gave fans reps ... sorry wrong title... rod says they are real directors... to comment on loyalty points and they said nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Usual top table of Leanne, Rod, Amanda, Finance guy and the two fan reps.(Boo hiss from me) and sadly a frail Mr FarmerRod gets a round of applause as he arrives which kind of sets a tone for the eveningRod bums up the "fans reps" big time nae wonder...job done.Mr Farmer is here as well and of course Lenny who is warmly applauded.Accounts get approved and auditors reappointed as they always do.Loss caused by being in the Championship not SPL(no kidding there Sherlock).Leaane does a stand up chat followed by a question and answer session.Leanne as relaxed and very pro as always with a few jokes and even gets "a funny old game" into her chat.Mostly historical stuff and a big thanks to everyone about being promoted and Scottish Cup win (still milking it).LD w.ants to build on promotion and expand the club further. Rightly chuffed on season ticket sales.Well pleased with young players coming through and big thanks to Lenny for giving them the chance and George Craig behind scenes.Hibs have visited Brentford/Derby and Southampton to see what we could do better.Always like the way Leanne emphasises team work throughout the club in all aspects.Leanne wants to harness power of a football stadium in a community.NHS Scotland and "Football in the Community" is her big push with regular European participtation in football terms as the next goal.Very honest about "player trading" in that you buy players cheap and sell them on (SJM or JC werent mentioned by name) but you try to be in driving position as to timing of the sale.LD determined and ambitious to expand Tranent operation.Hibs are going to a training camp in January I think. La Manga maybe but dont we always lose when we come back historically?.Amanda Jones starts off the Q and A session starting with Neil Lennon who is hugely congratulatory to all his staff and other directors.This season he wanted more pace in team hence Barker and at the back Efe and up front Ginja.Praises Slivka but Big Davie is a "slow burner" (ie A bit of a dud).Lenny thinks we have exceeded expectations as just 1 point off 2nd place, great away record and never dominated in games.Danny Swanson has been half injured all season with niggles and hopefully better 2nd half now that the trial ordeal is over. Lenny was very cagey with shopping in Jan transfer window. I think we have spent the budget and need to get players out.3 youngsters in Shaw,Fraser Murray and Porteus is very promising and Lenny actually thought exceptional.A daftie asks a question about "short corners" and why we are so crap at them.Actually a very intelligent answer by NL which is we don't have players who can deliver well enough and only 3% of goals only come from long corners hence we go short to change angleVerbally in talks with Dylan to extend contract as he seems to have got over injury problems. He is thinking about it.Stoksey gets a mention and brushes off disciplinary question but wont let any player to upset the spirit of club hence gave him a warning shot. Didn't say what Stoksey did wrong.Martin Boyle has verbally agreed a new contract and there are 88 players in Hibs youth academy at the momentaccording to the impressive Eddie May across all age groups.SJM is in year 3 of a 4 year contract and Lenny wants him to stay ( hardly a revelation) but realistically difficult. Can't imagine staying is on SJM's agenda.Offer from Notts Forest in summer was rejected and SJM OK with that.South Stand tickets for Sevco or Celtc or Hearts game will not be allocated to Hibs fans in near future.Getting close to making these decisions but not yet there.Interesting question as to how long Leaane will be here and kinda stalled and blocked reply by Rod as no one expected it.Leaane said nought.Best laugh of the night as another daftie asked about Lenny for Sevco. Loyalty points or system isn't planned to be reintroduced and this proved contentious. Leaane gave a very good description and explanation as why we dont feel we need this.Leanne getting a bit of a bad time for this from other fans.300 to 500 is Leaanes estimate of our supporters that go to every single away match hence why away season ticket introduced. LD thinks all season ticket holders should be treated equally.Quite a lot of discontent on this subject well handled by Amanda.Tracey (the so called fans rep) gets to answer a patsy question. A bit of an insipid rely from someone just out of her depth and no match for Leaane and Rod who ran rings around her on the Sevco issue.Frank just sat there with his badge and blazer on looking smug.Rod brings proceedings to an end and mostly self congratulatory but Leaane didn't like the loyalty points flack at all but gave a good defence.
    Yeah when Tracey got asked question about her role came across weak and poor not director material. Ehh I speak to frank five times a day

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)
    Thanks for that summary.
    No real surprises, but interesting none the less.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4855 Post(s)
    Thanks for the report Sam.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)
    Good summary Sam.

Appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    Thanks Sam, first time in my 30 years as a stakeholder I have not had my pack or invite.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Thanks Sam, first time in my 30 years as a stakeholder I have not had my pack or invite.
    You can just walk in and give your name and address to the Registrars staff at the front door as I forgot my wee card.

Maybe though there is a blacklist.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2603 Post(s)
    Thanks for the summary Sam....I usually attend the AGM when I can but I couldn't make it tonight.
    I think we will make a couple of signings in January but I also think one or two may be leaving...big Dave being one of them.
    I am hugely encouraged that we are starting to see the fruits of the revamp of the Youth Academy three years ago headed by the excellent Eddie May.
    Great to see that Shaw, Murray and Porteous are now recognised first team squad players and IMO all three have a real chance of a good career in the game hopefully with Hibs for a long time. Who knows we may see one or two more come into the squad for next season.

Also great news about Martin Boyle's contract.....he has developed his game this season and has been an excellent player for Hibs. One of Alan Stubbs many good signings in his time as Hibs manager.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    You can just walk in and give your name and address to the Registrars staff at the front door as I forgot my wee card.

Maybe though there is a blacklist.
    I forgot it was on truth be told. I didnae get my shiny book of numbers this year, been dropping through my Mums door since Wallet Mercenary days.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Thanks for the summary Sam....I usually attend the AGM but I couldn't make it tonight.
    I think we will make a couple of signings in January but I also think one or two may be leaving...big Dave most likely.
    I was surprised how quickly Lenny deflected the question as he must have expected it as it comes up every year hence my guess is that at the moment he just doesn't know if he will have a January budget of any significance.

SJM contract situation will make that clearer as will where we might be in the SPL as 6th place to 3rd place is a huge amount in TV money terms and by post winter break this should be much clearer.

Big Davie is a trier but its hard to get past Stoksey and Ginja but he may now lose his regular subby role to Shaw.

We still need bodies as we are light up top but I agree as its an obvious wage to free up and even though he needs games any more regular kickabouts at Riccarton with the kids and you know the writings on the wall.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 08-12-17 at 00:00.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6932 Post(s)
    Sir Tom looked very frail tonight. It was quite funny as his was the only mobile going off during proceedings!

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)
    Thanks for the summary. Really just wish Leeann would get over herself about loyalty points and grow up and reintroduce them.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6932 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    Thanks for the summary. Really just wish Leeann would get over herself about loyalty points and grow up and reintroduce them.
    There's no chance of that on tonight's evidence.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6649 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Sam.
    I had a work commitment so missed out this time, although I did get my invite and Annual Report, despite being a known accomplice of 1875.
    Delighted to hear Squirrel is on a new deal. A while back I felt I was just about his only fan - I'm so pleased his progress has been rewarded by a new contract and new respect too.

Disappointed that the 'loyalty scheme' seems to be a sticking point.

It could be 'reintroduced' in another guise Shirley?
    Call it something else, but FFS let the guys that go every week get first shout when the tickets are scarce?

Just seems a bit daft not to do so.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)
    I take it nobody pulled them up about the SFA farce?
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6932 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Thanks for that Sam.
    I had a work commitment so missed out this time, although I did get my invite and Annual Report, despite being a known accomplice of 1875.
    Delighted to hear Squirrel is on a new deal. A while back I felt I was just about his only fan - I'm so pleased his progress has been rewarded by a new contract and new respect too.

Disappointed that the 'loyalty scheme' seems to be a sticking point.

It could be 'reintroduced' in another guise Shirley?
    Call it something else, but FFS let the guys that go every week get first shout when the tickets are scarce?

Just seems a bit daft not to do so.
    Leeann thinks our 350 away season ticket holders are catered for and we only have an average of around 500 who go to away games. It's all about extolling the benefits of a season ticket holder.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6649 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Leeann thinks our 350 away season ticket holders are catered for and we only have an average of around 500 who go to away games. It's all about extolling the benefits of a season ticket holder.
    Season ticket holders get a wedge of points; that goes without saying really. Then regulars get a wedge........

That’s it really.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    There's no chance of that on tonight's evidence.
    Sadly yes. She was adamant it ain't happening, and our fans reps ... sorry non executive directors said nothing

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Thanks for that Sam.I had a work commitment so missed out this time, although I did get my invite and Annual Report, despite being a known accomplice of 1875.Delighted to hear Squirrel is on a new deal. A while back I felt I was just about his only fan - I'm so pleased his progress has been rewarded by a new contract and new respect too.Disappointed that the 'loyalty scheme' seems to be a sticking point.It could be 'reintroduced' in another guise Shirley?Call it something else, but FFS let the guys that go every week get first shout when the tickets are scarce?Just seems a bit daft not to do so.
    Regular fans that go home and away should get priority and be rewarded for there loyalty. Can't see why she can't acknowledge this and work something out.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks Sam - that was neatly summarised .
    Wee bit far for me to drop by

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2603 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTortolano View Post
    Regular fans that go home and away should get priority and be rewarded for there loyalty. Can't see why she can't acknowledge this and work something out.
    Agreed. How the club cannot come up with some sort of satisfactory scheme which achieves the above is beyond me.
    What do other similar sized clubs do ? Why can't we just copy what they have ?
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2272 Post(s)
    Happy that ST sales have jumped, howevevr if we grow too much (hers hoping) then we sell out and as the capacity is limited the only way to increase revenue would be to put prices up

All in all the club have done a good job since Leanne's appointment. The loyalty points issue is a farce though and I get the impression they are appeasing a few ST holders who wont go to away games

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4451 Post(s)
    Thanks SlovSam.
    Space to let

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Agreed. How the club cannot come up with some sort of satisfactory scheme which achieves the above is beyond me.
    What do other similar sized clubs do ? Why can't we just copy what they have ?
    Absolutely, Hibs wouldn't even need to do it in a way that alienates the ST holders who were threatening to not renew under the old system. For the most in-demand games have an initial allocation for those with 'X' number of points, and a separate number set aside for all season ticket holders. So every ST holder would still have a "chance" of a ticket for high profile games, albeit a smaller one.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Absolutely, Hibs wouldn't even need to do it in a way that alienates the ST holders who were threatening to not renew under the old system. For the most in-demand games have an initial allocation for those with 'X' number of points, and a separate number set aside for all season ticket holders. So every ST holder would still have a "chance" of a ticket for high profile games, albeit a smaller one.
    The argument the club uses doesn’t make sense. It’s a pr concoction. Season ticket holders won’t renew in thousands unless they get into a ballot for tickets for games they wouldn’t normally go to.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1239 Post(s)
    Thank you for the summary.

Does anyone have any idea why they're so resistant to loyalty scheme? It surely can't be for the stated reason - as P&G says it doesn't make sense.
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    I will try to summarise LD's argument as I remember it as my conclusion was on a slight balance I tended to agree.

LD's first point was that we actually rarely sell out of away tickets and when we do it is after a general sale which makes a loyalty scheme pointless for the majority of away games a season.

Obviously this doesn't apply to away games at Hearts, Celtic or "Scotland's Shame 2012" or cup finals so her first argument was that a loyalty scheme would only apply to between around 4 to 6 games a season depending on the split rising to maybe at max 7/8 if you include away cup ties and cup finals.

Her second point was that her stats fanbase tells you that Hibs have a hard core element of around 400 people who go to every single away match therefore they must be protected hence the away season ticket was set up to accomodate this fan section to ensure they never miss out.

This leaves a group of fans the number of which wasn't quantified that go to the majority of away games but who feel understandably hard done by as they enter a complete free for all with the 1 or 2 away games day trippers who fancy a big day out in Glasgow or Hearts. This could be worked out to be somewhere in the mid hundreds (lets guess 500)

She completely accepts this group might miss out but doesn't want to set up a two tier system whereby once you get on the loyalty points ladder then its the same people building up points and always getting the tickets and then went onto say that she feels that she needs to provide a big incentive for the remaining group who are season ticket holders in their thousands (lets say around 12,000) compared to the earlier group who only number in their hundreds.

In summary the away season ticket covers the real deserving hard core (400) and everyone else is a huge mass (12,600) who are all ranked completely equally rather than subdivide further just for the benefit of roughly 500 hundred. Hence its another incentive to have a season ticket as no matter who you are, you have a decent chance of a big game ticket.

Hence to answer an earlier question its not that Hibs cant work out a new loyalty system, they can but they just don't want to as they feel what they have set up benefits the vast majority of supporters admittedly at the expense of some others.

The numbers are mostly mine rather than LD's and dinnae shoot the messenger as only trying to summarise her argument.
    Last edited by SlovSam; 08-12-17 at 12:53.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)
    It’s a pr argument based on justifying a position after they created the problem by giving 100 points to hsl.

That’s why loyalty points was pulled, not the two tier argument.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    It’s a pr argument based on justifying a position after they created the problem by giving 100 points to hsl.

That’s why loyalty points was pulled, not the two tier argument.

LD mentioned HSL/Points briefly last night and made a reference to all the ill feeling and problems that caused so you may well be right though her big argument presented for the masses was Hibs not wanting to go down the 'two tiers' of season ticket holders by setting up a loyalty scheme.

I hadn't actually thought through her argument before but actually found it very persuasive in that having a season ticket gives you a fighting chance of a big game ticket so around 12,600 fans have another incentive to buy a season ticket. Maybe though that's because that's the group I am in.

There is no getting away from the fact that 500 or so hard core solid away fans who don't have an away season ticket but still always go to Dingwall and Hamilton on a wet cold February midweek night get the complete bums steer though.
    Football is the most important of life's least important things.

Arrigo Sacchi

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6932 Post(s)
    I will try to summarise LD's argument as I remember it as my conclusion was on a slight balance I tended to agree.

LD's first point was that we actually rarely sell out of away tickets and when we do it is after a general sale which makes a loyalty scheme pointless for the majority of away games a season.

Obviously this doesn't apply to away games at Hearts, Celtic or "Scotland's Shame 2012" or cup finals so her first argument was that a loyalty scheme would only apply to between around 4 to 6 games a season depending on the split rising to maybe at max 7/8 if you include away cup ties and cup finals.

Her second point was that her stats fanbase tells you that Hibs have a hard core element of around 400 people who go to every single away match therefore they must be protected hence the away season ticket was set up to accomodate this fan section to ensure they never miss out.

This leaves a group of fans the number of which wasn't quantified that go to the majority of away games but who feel understandably hard done by as they enter a complete free for all with the 1 or 2 away games day trippers who fancy a big day out in Glasgow or Hearts. This could be worked out to be somewhere in the mid hundreds (lets guess 500)

She completely accepts this group might miss out but doesn't want to set up a two tier system whereby once you get on the loyalty points ladder then its the same people building up points and always getting the tickets and then went onto say that she feels that she needs to provide a big incentive for the remaining group who are season ticket holders in their thousands (lets say around 12,000) compared to the earlier group who only number in their hundreds.

In summary the away season ticket covers the real deserving hard core (400) and everyone else is a huge mass (12,600) who are all ranked completely equally rather than subdivide further just for the benefit of roughly 500 hundred. Hence its another incentive to have a season ticket as no matter who you are, you have a decent chance of a big game ticket.

Hence to answer an earlier question its not that Hibs cant work out a new loyalty system, they can but they just don't want to as they feel what they have set up benefits the vast majority of supporters admittedly at the expense of some others.

The numbers are mostly mine rather than LD's and dinnae shoot the messenger as only trying to summarise her argument.
    Very good summary according to my memory!

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3559 Post(s)
    I can see LD's point, to be fair.

However - she's created two tiers of away supporters instead. Those who know they can make every game, thus away season ticket being a safe investment; and those who can only make a few, and thus cannot.

Why is this fairer than the two tiers that loyalty points created: i.e. Those who weigh in for all home games; and those who weigh in for all home games + x number of away games.

I don't see that the "two tier" argument stands up to such an analysis.

Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Agree, although I’m a season ticket holder and don’t do many away games, there should be a loyalty system for games attended...imho.
    Sent from my garden using smoke signals

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    I can see LD's point, to be fair.

However - she's created two tiers of away supporters instead. Those who know they can make every game, thus away season ticket being a safe investment; and those who can only make a few, and thus cannot.

Why is this fairer than the two tiers that loyalty points created: i.e. Those who weigh in for all home games; and those who weigh in for all home games + x number of away games.

I don't see that the "two tier" argument stands up to such an analysis.

It doesn't stand up to any argument as you are exactly and totally right if you only think of how you allocate "away tickets".

However the point I thought Leanne brought out well last night is by NOT creating a loyalty system you inadvertently or otherwise benefit 12,000/13,000 = 92% of the complete season ticket base.

The reason you do this is every one else now has an improved fighting chance of getting big game away tickets so you have created another reason for having a home season ticket.

I hadn't thought of this line of argument before hence the reason I began to look at this in a different light.

LD would claim that she is looking at the big picture but of course by doing this is still being very unfair to the 500 or so away die hard travellers as there is just no getting away from this and anyone in this category can be rightfully agrieved.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    One of the 'less unhappy' AGMs I've seen a report of. Thanks very much for your efforts, Sam, appreciated.

Whatever is worked out (or not) regarding a loyalty scheme or ticketing arrangements, I'd like to see an end to the days when people have to queue up overnight in the cold to get tickets which are at a premium. Surely in this day and age we can do better than that.
    Last edited by Stu; 09-12-17 at 00:55.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4855 Post(s)
    LD can dress it up any way she likes but I'm with Purple & Green on this one - loyalty points were pulled coz of the HSL 100 points nonsense and no other reason.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    LD can dress it up any way she likes but I'm with Purple & Green on this one - loyalty points were pulled coz of the HSL 100 points nonsense and no other reason.
    I didn't really pay much attention at the time other than to think it was a really bad call by Leaane as it undermined the whole ethos of loyalty.

Why would giving out 100 points to shareholders kill off the system though as it seemed wrong in principal but not excessive in practice.?

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4855 Post(s)
    I didn't really pay much attention at the time other than to think it was a really bad call by Leaane as it undermined the whole ethos of loyalty.Why would giving out 100 points to shareholders kill off the system though as it seemed wrong in principal but not excessive in practice.?
    Because iirc a number of ST holders were raging about the 100 points (and rightly so) and started kicking off about not renewing.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    432 Post(s)
    Because iirc a number of ST holders were raging about the 100 points (and rightly so) and started kicking off about not renewing.
    OK thanks I never knew strength of feeling was so high about it.

I remember at the time thinking it was such a divisive and poor decision but didn't think it affected that many fans at a time when we had less big games.

Whatever the reason for pulling "loyalty points" there seems no chance of it being reinstated in any way shape or form as LD seemed very anti.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5098 Post(s)
    My recollection is that it was a threat of non-renewal of STs, not because of HSL but because of the basic concept of loyalty points full stop. There were folk annoyed the ST was "devalued" because it didn't guarantee them a chance of an away ticket when they fancied it or could manage. It really was about access to tickets for the bus shelter and the like.

Some ST holders didnt think attendance at away games should be rewarded with priority over other sT holders.

Aye, the HSL thing caused consternation. It was a balls up full stop. Wrong in every respect. And i speak as someone who got those 100 points added to my existing 500 plus points to take me into a tier of purchase power that guaranteed me whatever i wanted. But it was wrong and shouldnt have happened. However it wasn't the reason that the bulk of the threats came re non renewal.

We had a few very vocal posters on here in that camp who have gone to ground since the loyalty system changed.

The club gave everyone with 100% attendance first dibs on the first season AST. Angrily, I relented and gave in and signed up to it when i didnt agree with it. Not everyone did though, including stalwarts like 1875 who nearly missed out on Gunts tickets that year. Ridiculous. He signed up this season to avoid the same ridiculous situation arising. But its not ideal and you effectively hand over your bank account carte blanche to Hibs to raid, whether you go or not. And the cash goes to the opposition. It still rankles but im glad to be not worrying about tickets or a lottery for either gunts game.

I struggle still to see why we are different to all the other clubs who run loyalty systems, other than the club lacking confidence yet in the long term demand for STs.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    My recollection is that it was a threat of non-renewal of STs, not because of HSL but because of the basic concept of loyalty points full stop. There were folk annoyed the ST was "devalued" because it didn't guarantee them a chance of an away ticket when they fancied it or could manage. It really was about access to tickets for the bus shelter and the like.

Some ST holders didnt think attendance at away games should be rewarded with priority over other sT holders.

Aye, the HSL thing caused consternation. It was a balls up full stop. Wrong in every respect. And i speak as someone who got those 100 points added to my existing 500 plus points to take me into a tier of purchase power that guaranteed me whatever i wanted. But it was wrong and shouldnt have happened. However it wasn't the reason that the bulk of the threats came re non renewal.

We had a few very vocal posters on here in that camp who have gone to ground since the loyalty system changed.

The club gave everyone with 100% attendance first dibs on the first season AST. Angrily, I relented and gave in and signed up to it when i didnt agree with it. Not everyone did though, including stalwarts like 1875 who nearly missed out on Gunts tickets that year. Ridiculous. He signed up this season to avoid the same ridiculous situation arising. But its not ideal and you effectively hand over your bank account carte blanche to Hibs to raid, whether you go or not. And the cash goes to the opposition. It still rankles but im glad to be not worrying about tickets or a lottery for either gunts game.

I struggle still to see why we are different to all the other clubs who run loyalty systems, other than the club lacking confidence yet in the long term demand for STs.
    This is how I remember it, moans and non renewal threats were about ticket priority for away derbies not the HSL shambles.

- - - Updated - - -

Also recall a poster on here was also raging about student season ticket holders who go to every away game having more loyalty points than him even though their season ticket was cheaper..
    until the sky turns green

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5098 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This is how I remember it, moans and non renewal threats were about ticket priority for away derbies not the HSL shambles.

- - - Updated - - -

Also recall a poster on here was also raging about student season ticket holders who go to every away game having more loyalty points than him even though their season ticket was cheaper..
    That will be Student No2 son's fault. How dare he go to every game
    Even worse it's me who pays for him to go to every game. That means it's probably my fault.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4451 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the same poster that said they'd never be back while Petrie was still around?

They were certainly vocal. I'm not sure their number would qualify as being described as a bulk though :-)
    Space to let

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)
    And throw in the nonsense that is season ticket holders getting 2 tickets for cup finals.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Is that the same poster that said they'd never be back while Petrie was still around?
    Knew plenty folk who said that after relegation, they reappeared at home games around the time we won something

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4855 Post(s)
    And throw in the nonsense that is season ticket holders getting 2 tickets for cup finals.
    I don't see the problem with that tbh.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    I don't see the problem with that tbh.
    Neither do I.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    Think every cup final we have been in has gone to a public sale

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5098 Post(s)
    Wont happen now. 13.5K STs.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Wont happen now. 13.5K STs.
    Good point!
    nil satis nisi optimum

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5098 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Good point!
    Maybe just AST holders will get 2 each now

GoGO Back To Forum