vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Post Whisper it, but...

Had we taken the additional points from fixtures where we were comfortably the better side, and should have taken either an additional point or two, my reckoning is that we'd have had another ten points... And would be a point clear at the top of the league (CELTC have a game in hand, of course).

I don't know whether to be happy or sad, really.

It seems Hibs are a very, very good side at the moment. If we can start turning domination into goals, and those goals into points, then second place is up for grabs.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    478 Post(s)
    Had we held on against St. Johnstone, got something from Aberdeen and not had that shambolic performance against Hamilton, we could still be unbeaten and 3 points clear in third. That’s not even considering the games we should have won against St. Johnstone away, Dundee & dare I say Celtic...

It’s and buts, but we are a very good side. We need to show it this month to put us in a strong position going into the Winter Break.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3845 Post(s)
    Lennon brought this up Just after the Aberdeen game.

True though, things like that show how the little things add up over the course.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2541 Post(s)
    TBH it's interesting up to a point, but in general I really don't think it's worth going over individual games from the past and saying maybe this maybe that and maybe we could have been this...etc. Every team could say if only this had happened we might be top or second or whatever. Hibs have made a good start to our first season back in the top league and have so far exceeded expectations. We have undoubtedly been a better away team than we have been at home and this is what needs to be addressed. It's our results and performances at Easter Road which have let us down and still IMO give cause for concern. We don't score enough goals at home or away, and certainly at ER we don't create enough clear cut chances and we always look vulnerable to losing goals particularly from set-pieces.

There is still an awful long way to go but overall we are doing well. We have a hugely challenging few weeks ahead of us and after the turn of the year I think we will have a clearer picture of how the league is developing. Overall Hibs are a decent side but we are light up front as we have been since the start of the season...we definitely need at least one new striker in January and I also reckon we need proper cover at left-back.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List