Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4808 Post(s)

Just back from the Wheeltappers and Shunters Club

Just Back and that was almost meticulous Hibs

Today's game at New Douglas Park was preambled by the best bit of tannoy magic for a very long time as the Hamilton announcer invited us back in time to the Lanarkshire Wheeltappers and Shunters Club. Struggling to pronounce Leithuanian names he $#@!ised Slivka before giving in and christening our centte forward Dave Meticulous. Then, with the over pronounced tones of the ghost of Bob Crampsie, he went on to advise us of the emegency announcement tone...which he duly described as "ding dong". It was hilarious in a good way. I wanted to bring him back with us to Easter Road.
    Rumours of Stokes being ill during the week seemed to have merit as he was missing from the squad. Darren came back into his squad berth and Whittaker returned to right back in place of the injured SDG.
    Hibs started well and went onto control the opening 45 minutes with composure. Squirrel was back to the pest we all know and love. SJM was looking infinitely more Super than last week. Brandon Barker, playing in a more central advanced role was lively and despite the pitch being worse than a mouldy carpet on a rubbish dump, was causing the home side bother.

Hibs started well and went onto control the opening exchanges with Martin Boyle looking lively in supporting Simon Murray. Squirrel came closest to opening the scoring early in the first half. He had a couple of attempts on goal before Barker had a shot go wide of the Hamilton keeper's left hand post. It was good link up play between Barker and Murray that would bring the break though. Brandon rode two ridiculous challenges before slipping Murray in for a cracking first time shot a la the type of first time shot he despatched against the Gunts. Hibs were worthy of the lead and Boyle and Mcginn both came close to adding a second for us. Super unleashed a shot from distance and Squirrel saw a couple of attempts on goal unsuccessful. We went in at half time with a deserved advantage but it was worrying that we didn't have more of a lead to show for our superiority.

Hibs started reasonably well in the second period. Murray and Barker linked up well down the left with the Man City player putting in a good cross for Murray to head narrowly wide. Hanlon also was unlucky to have a great header saved by the keeper not long after. The longer things went this way the more tge feeling we might be stung on the counter attack and it was predictable and frustrating in equal measure when Bartley lost the ball in the middle of the park under the pressure of what looked an illegal challenge. The Gunt-Orc delivered a subsequent pass on for the dodgy red whine to header a looping finish beyond Rocky. Not had the benefit of Heuchter Teuchter TV footage but I wondered at the time if Rocky's footwork let him down?

The Players
    Rocky - little to do, not sure if he could have done better at the goal
    Whittaker- a solid outing
    Hanlon - good attacking effort in the second half and a decent performance again
    Efe - he's nothing if not consistent
    Stevenson- a couple of good crosses and a couple of key mopping ups for others
    SJM - absolutely furious at being booked for a slip before a Hamilton player does the same and gets off Scott Brown free
    Dylan McTickTock - in and out of proceedings
    Bartley- solid enough. That was the ref who sent him off before and you could feel the frustration oozing from every pore in that respect
    Barker- good first half. Linking well with Murray
    Murray - great goal. Bromance blossoming with Barker
    Boyle - excellent first half and an important player for us always. His new song got an airing today and those who wont see Hibs till the Celtc game will have to get up to speed quickly on it

Referee - honking. He always is.

Fans - there's a star man playing on the right Baltic day and everyone deserves massive kudos for making the effort

Hamilton- not a pretty sight.

Motm - for me it was probably Boyle. Mainly due to his wonderful first half performance. He's so very important to our chances every week. Mention for Barker too. I thought he did well linking up with Murray. Fair play lad.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2529 Post(s)
    Thanks for the report.

Yes, by all accounts we probably should have won. We seemed to play quite well especially in the first half but yet again we missed too many chances and couldn't turn good outfield play into goals. It was ever thus. We are not good enough in the last third and we simply do not have enough of a goal threat throughout the team. Simon Murray has been a great signing so far and it's just as well for us that he has scored so many goals because precious few other players in our team seem capable of it on anything like a regular basis....take our best striker out the starting line-up like today and our goal threat becomes even more diminished.

On the flip side....I always believe a draw away from home is a good result in this league no matter who we are playing or how much possession we have. Hamilton were on a good run and were at home on their notorious artificial pitch. Hibs dominated them by all accounts. It has to be said that considering we are just up from the Championship to still be unbeaten in the league away from home going into December is almost unprecedented. I can't remember a season before when this has happened and the team deserve great credit for that. It's our three home defeats and draw at home with Motherwell where we have been hampered. Last Saturday's result against St Johnstone was much worse than todays result. Three home defeats to Hamilton, Aberdeen and St Johnstone and a two goal lead chucked away against Motherwell...that's where we have been duff this season and that's what must be improved upon as the season goes on.

We have had a good start to the season and are in a good place going into the month from hell which is the December fixture card. This is what we want though....huge games. We are currently third but I do not expect us to finish third...I still think it will be fifth at best at the end and a top six finish would be a decent first season back for Hibs in my opinion.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Goal a carbon copy of the dundee header against us. Looped to back post. Do feel Bartley was fouled in build up tho

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    Without seeing the game on alba I thought it was a definite foul on Bartley at their goal and I'm sure the telly will confirm that when I watch it back
    Was two points dropped again today and we seem to lack a ruthless streak even when we are dominating games and get ourselves ahead you always feel like the opposition can get back in the game and today is just another example of this
    We really need to put a game to bed

Ps cheers for the just back SKII 👍

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1943 Post(s)
    Saw Bartley claiming foul at the time but not sure there was much in it, not seen it on TV.

Very frustrating not to win after very good first half.

Hope Swanson can make an impact soon as squad looks a bit light
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Bartley claiming foul at the time but not sure there was much in it, not seen it on TV.

Very frustrating not to win after very good first half.

Hope Swanson can make an impact soon as squad looks a bit light
    You could be right tricky I probably had the auld green tinted specs on 😏
    I also keep forgetting that wee Danny is with the hibs and when fully fit physically and mentally will be like a new signing and is the type we actually need
    I take it big davy is never going to get game time either which is baffling cos we could also do with a player of his illk for when plan A Isn't happening. Hopefully santa brings us a two or three decent additions to use from January

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1943 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    You could be right tricky I probably had the auld green tinted specs on 😏
    I also keep forgetting that wee Danny is with the hibs and when fully fit physically and mentally will be like a new signing and is the type we actually need
    I take it big davy is never going to get game time either which is baffling cos we could also do with a player of his illk for when plan A Isn't happening. Hopefully santa brings us a two or three decent additions to use from January
    Lennon adamant it was a foul on Marv on the radio.

He also said we were denied a clear penalty for foul on Dylan second half, can't recall that incident.
    until the sky turns green

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4528 Post(s)
    Not been to as many games this season as the previous few, but that first half performance was the best I’ve seen this year, really good.

Didn’t see any foul on Marvin before their goal- thought he was poor second half- and also think SJM was lucky to avoid a red card, but I’ve not seen either again.

A wee mention for Brandon, his run for the goal was brilliant, felt the applause for him going off was unfairly muted, maybe everyone has gloves on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Lennon adamant it was a foul on Marv on the radio.

He also said we were denied a clear penalty for foul on Dylan second half, can't recall that incident.
    I said that to my mate on the way hame in the car tricky when listening to lennons interview and not one of us out of three could recall this penalty claim?? Lennon also gave the ref it with both barrels. I didn't think he was that bad and I'm sure we will get worse refs than today

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    the more times I watch the build-up to their goal the more I am convinced it was a foul on Barts. he is taken out of the game and in the space created Hamilton get time to fire in that cross. it's a bit disappointing two of our players were beat in the air for their goal though.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    the more times I watch the build-up to their goal the more I am convinced it was a foul on Barts. he is taken out of the game and in the space created Hamilton get time to fire in that cross. it's a bit disappointing two of our players were beat in the air for their goal though.
    Bart taken out of the game and space opened up just as you say.

Very poor refereeing.

GoGO Back To Forum