Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a total revamp of HSL or a membership scheme...

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)

Would a total revamp of HSL or a membership scheme...

Be something which people though was a go’er?

I still think we need far more income coming in, we don’t have an investor and sponsorship is becoming harder to get and something we don’t seem very good at.

We have had club 86, there was / is Erin trust and The Hibernians and HSL. Everything seems very fragmented and I think the current. Owner and board prefer that.

The only people who put money in are us. If we had some form of membership scheme and it was offered globally, could we make it work and get more money to the manager?

I am thinking , blank bit of paper, look at all we have and make it simple and effective.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    Nah

- - - Updated - - -

All of the above...membership is a no brainer. Though looking at ER some weekends it's obvious some are buy season books and not going... effectively a membership then?
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6936 Post(s)
    HSL will be getting relaunched.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL will be getting relaunched.
    Will it be more successful? All the current directors need to be replaced

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Nah

- - - Updated - - -

All of the above...membership is a no brainer. Though looking at ER some weekends it's obvious some are buy season books and not going... effectively a membership then?
    Why not replace season tickets with different level of club membership?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6936 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    HSL owns 11%? I'd say it's been reasonably successful...

Agreed though that it needs new direction.

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4856 Post(s)
    HSL owns 11%? I'd say it's been reasonably successful...Agreed though that it needs new direction.
    Did your bezzie tell you this was happening? 😉

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2272 Post(s)
    Def need something that makes supporters feel a part of the club, rather than just financing someone else to run the club. Not easy and I don't have the answers, but right now I barely feel part of anything. Loyalty points are one thing that should be re-introduced

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Def need something that makes supporters feel a part of the club, rather than just financing someone else to run the club. Not easy and I don't have the answers, but right now I barely feel part of anything. Loyalty points are one thing that should be re-introduced
    I think it has to have genuine fans involvement, hsl is really run by the club.

Loyalty points, membership options, better access to the facilities.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1736 Post(s)

I should just check companies house but, do you know off hand what the ownership break down is just now?

I can’t see Hsl ever owning 25% let alone 50% of the club, so it’s a really hard sell.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6936 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    Did your bezzie tell you this was happening? 😉
    Like that.... 👉👈 😉

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I should just check companies house but, do you know off hand what the ownership break down is just now?

I can’t see Hsl ever owning 25% let alone 50% of the club, so it’s a really hard sell.
    Sure us fans now own 34%? 11% being HSL. If HSL has got to that in what two years why doubt it can get to 25%?

I bought shares independently from HSL. If the HSL model was better with Hibs folk involved not weirdly non Hibs ex politician I'd get involved.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Be something which people though was a go’er?I still think we need far more income coming in, we don’t have an investor and sponsorship is becoming harder to get and something we don’t seem very good at.We have had club 86, there was / is Erin trust and The Hibernians and HSL. Everything seems very fragmented and I think the current. Owner and board prefer that.The only people who put money in are us. If we had some form of membership scheme and it was offered globally, could we make it work and get more money to the manager?I am thinking , blank bit of paper, look at all we have and make it simple and effective.
    Would not contribute a penny when Kenny m is chair and Dunn and Dempster are directors. Also, until club comes clean as to how much was paid to clear the debt

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6654 Post(s)
    I assume you believe STF bought the debt at cut price but is extracting full value from Hibs.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    I assume you believe STF bought the debt at cut price but is extracting full value from Hibs.
    Your assumption is not correct

- - - Updated - - -

Be something which people though was a go’er?I still think we need far more income coming in, we don’t have an investor and sponsorship is becoming harder to get and something we don’t seem very good at.We have had club 86, there was / is Erin trust and The Hibernians and HSL. Everything seems very fragmented and I think the current. Owner and board prefer that.The only people who put money in are us. If we had some form of membership scheme and it was offered globally, could we make it work and get more money to the manager?I am thinking , blank bit of paper, look at all we have and make it simple and effective.
    Your spot on about re current owners liking fragmented approach.HSL is a board creation . Hence they will relaunch HSL to try and drum up interest. Individual shareholders has proven to be more successful but that is on the back burner. As things stand fans have 34% of the club and have no say or power. Another blinder played by farmer and his 100 rod Petries.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6654 Post(s)
    Enlighten me then.
    What’s the concern?

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Honestly?

I think we’re long since past the point where Hibs should be looking at this as a single club.

The Scottish game has been ran into the ground by a governing body that aren’t fit for purpose (and will turn a blind eye to the behaviour of one of its clubs), and the league structure is effectively bolted on to one team’s Champions League ambitions. Sponsorship deals are bad, TV money is practically non-existent, and the league set up is widely reviled by supporters that every single club utterly relies on. Hibs are in a better position than most because of groups like HSL and the money coming in from the support, but that’s a precarious place to be because all it takes is one bad season in a pretty cut-throat league to ruin it.

Supporters are the most important body throughout Scottish football, and it’s the supporters that have absolutely no say in what goes on. How long have Scots asked, almost unanimously, for bigger leagues? Most clubs are in similar positions with fragmented groups unable to exert any real influence and we now know, quite painfully, that putting non-executive “supporter representatives” on the board is a completely meaningless gesture that turns people we all imagine to be good Hibbies into patsies.

It’s $#@!ed up.

At this point, I honestly think the only thing that’s going to fix any of this is a club-agnostic consultation that takes stock of where we are, where we want to be, and how we should get there. The organisation of individual clubs, as well as the league and governing body, should be completely overhauled as well as the finance models for both clubs and the organisation. 51% share ownership by supporters should be a necessity, no matter what, and a review board should look at re-marketing our game, sorting out the bizarre ticketing and merchandise situations, and re-imagining what the domestic game should fundamentally be, with an eye to providing value for money and entertainment beyond merely what happens on the park.

Sadly, though understandably, pressure groups will remain fragmented and bitty because small groups of people don’t want to come under one overall banner for change. Even the petition I set up last week falls into this category where, clearly, there were better ways of going about it and spreading the message I wanted to convey. The reality is that it’s much easier to ignore small groups because if they take “industrial action”, it doesn’t make a dent.

But if an entire run of stadiums were empty on a match day… Imagine how club owners would react.

I think that’s where we are now with regard to what we need. A bit of a reorganisation at Easter Road, when the club has a chairman with dual (and conflicting) responsibilities, isn’t going to make one iota of difference.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)
    because we have one level of membership and that is FULL MEMBERSHIP - a season book... and it is a massive revenue stream - the club cant risk 4K ST holders walking away to a lesser scheme that gives them say 12 homes games allowing them to miss the couple of games a season a support nearly has to miss through work or whatever.

the current scheme is clear message to PATG - there is no half way house - there is no loyalty points.

the current scheme is a stark reminder to ST holders - dont renew and there is no incusion for you - 20yrs of a season book and you dont renew - then you are in the same level and as the guy who has been to one game in the same period.

all about the money

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Would not contribute a penny when Kenny m is chair and Dunn and Dempster are directors. Also, until club comes clean as to how much was paid to clear the debt
    Me neither.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Me neither.
    That’s the big hurdle they don’t get but then again they want total control and segregation. A waste

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    because we have one level of membership and that is FULL MEMBERSHIP - a season book... and it is a massive revenue stream - the club cant risk 4K ST holders walking away to a lesser scheme that gives them say 12 homes games allowing them to miss the couple of games a season a support nearly has to miss through work or whatever.

the current scheme is clear message to PATG - there is no half way house - there is no loyalty points.

the current scheme is a stark reminder to ST holders - dont renew and there is no incusion for you - 20yrs of a season book and you dont renew - then you are in the same level and as the guy who has been to one game in the same period.
    This is what I’m getting at, bud. Membership in “the club” is, quite literally, shares or a season book. That’s it. And that’s not a problem with Hibs, it’s a problem with most every club in Scotland. Some have retained loyalty point schemes, which is better, but you’re generally only considered an active supporter if the club already has your money.

But it obviously doesn’t have to be that way. There are multiple ways that you can use the season book, some are already in use, and others seem too obvious to have been missed out. For example:

- You buy a season book.
    - You buy a half-season book.
    - You buy a quarter-season book.
    - You buy a pre-PAYG book.

Buying a pre-PAYG book works effectively like a travel pass. You put on the cash you can afford, and spend it on matchdays to get into the stadium or on refreshments/merchandise. Seat allocation can be worked out on a game by game basis, or the club can replace some areas of seating with safe standing areas. The technology to do this securely already exists, so why not do it?

And it doesn’t have to end there. Individual supporters clubs or entities such as HSL or St. Patrick’s can allocate any of these books, with additional options for their membership to take advantage of; including shares. Overseas supporters could buy a book for digital access to live games (an upgraded HibsTV), or discounts on the online store. Pricing can be competitive without necessarily hitting the standard season book community. Every time you use your book, for anything, you accrue points that can be redeemed for multiple services and you can get your book either at the stadium, or online.

You manager your account via the membership app, available on iTunes and Android.

In other words, we could vastly widen the definition of “club member” and use the freedom of the Internet to tailor products to the younger audience that football (Scottish football in particular) struggles with.

I thought of this in two minutes – it took longer to type. Imagine what a forward thinking marketing team could achieve if they looked beyond football norms.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Pricing can be competitive without necessarily hitting the standard season book community.
    How? A full-price ST doesn't save you a huge amount of money, when you divide it by games. There's not a lot of wiggle room for other "competitively priced" tiers that carry a meaningful saving.

The only way it could happen is for them to drop the price of a full ST significantly, in order to provide a lower minimum threshold from which to work - and that is simply never going to happen.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    How? A full-price ST doesn't save you a huge amount of money, when you divide it by games. There's not a lot of wiggle room for other "competitively priced" tiers that carry a meaningful saving.
    They don’t have to, bud. What they need to do is find ways that people can “invest” meaningfully, without buying a season book.

Look at me, for example:

I won’t buy a season book. There’s no point. I live in another country, and can’t make games. I would, quite literally, be throwing money away. Let’s say, then, that there’s a “digital season book” that allows me live access to HibsTV (which is naff, but that’s not an imperative), as well as a percentage discount on the club store up to a certain spending threshold. I’m not going to go through the gate, so the pricing of the digital book doesn’t have to directly compete with a normal season book in the traditional way. It’s simply another option.

Let’s look at the PAYG season book.

If we divide the season book by games, let’s say an average game is costing you twenty quid so a season of 16 home games costs 320. If you have a PAYG card, and you put a hundred notes on it, that gets you into five games but you lose the guarantee of a seat for popular games – so those who definitely want to go to every home fixture are guaranteed to do so via the season book, while the PAYG person is paying the same but might get turned away when it counts. That’s the risk he takes with the PAYG book.

Also, don’t forget that we could easily confer additional benefits to the season book. The discount percentage I already mentioned is an obvious place to start, but let’s chuck on premium highlights from HibsTV and a faster rate of loyalty point accrual. There are loads of ways you could go here, and I like loyalty points because you, as a supporter, could easily put as much into the club’s coffers buying tops for your kids. I think that should be rewarded.

Try not to confuse “competitive pricing” with “cheaper or more expensive”. There is lots of room for manoeuvre.

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1658 Post(s)
    They don’t have to, bud. What they need to do is find ways that people can “invest” meaningfully, without buying a season book.

Look at me, for example:

I won’t buy a season book. There’s no point. I live in another country, and can’t make games. I would, quite literally, be throwing money away. Let’s say, then, that there’s a “digital season book” that allows me live access to HibsTV (which is naff, but that’s not an imperative), as well as a percentage discount on the club store up to a certain spending threshold. I’m not going to go through the gate, so the pricing of the digital book doesn’t have to directly compete with a normal season book in the traditional way. It’s simply another option.

Let’s look at the PAYG season book.

If we divide the season book by games, let’s say an average game is costing you twenty quid so a season of 16 home games costs 320. If you have a PAYG card, and you put a hundred notes on it, that gets you into five games but you lose the guarantee of a seat for popular games – so those who definitely want to go to every home fixture are guaranteed to do so via the season book, while the PAYG person is paying the same but might get turned away when it counts. That’s the risk he takes with the PAYG book.

Also, don’t forget that we could easily confer additional benefits to the season book. The discount percentage I already mentioned is an obvious place to start, but let’s chuck on premium highlights from HibsTV and a faster rate of loyalty point accrual. There are loads of ways you could go here, and I like loyalty points because you, as a supporter, could easily put as much into the club’s coffers buying tops for your kids. I think that should be rewarded.

Try not to confuse “competitive pricing” with “cheaper or more expensive”. There is lots of room for manoeuvre.
    Just what we need , another patronising $#@!er.........

BIG G
    St. Patrick's a Progressive Supporters Branch

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1658 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Just what we need , another patronising $#@!er.........

BIG G
    PS I spent time that I won't get back constructing the last Loyalty Points Scheme, which was scrapped under bogus pressure fae a small minority of pricks threatening to not renew season tickets.......oh the irony. The bottom line there was a cave in. I and others who worked on it were not even informed of its scrapping. Do not hold your breath amigos.

BIG G
    St. Patrick's a Progressive Supporters Branch

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    PS I spent time that I won't get back constructing the last Loyalty Points Scheme, which was scrapped under bogus pressure fae a small minority of pricks threatening to not renew season tickets.......oh the irony. The bottom line there was a cave in. I and others who worked on it were not even informed of its scrapping. Do not hold your breath amigos.

BIG G
    Shocking Gordon, can’t imagine it surprises anyone. There seems to be a real issue with fans and club being closer.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3560 Post(s)
    I like loyalty points because you, as a supporter, could easily put as much into the club’s coffers buying tops for your kids. I think that should be rewarded.
    See, but for me (and I'm sure many others) that would just be another facet of the "loyalty points for shares" thing. Loyalty points are only required
    for games that are oversubscribed - cup finals, Hertz at Tynie, etc.

Hence, I for one am firmly pro the idea that allocating priority for actual attendance of blue-chip fixtures should be based solely on actual attendance of all the other games. So for instance, I myself am an "all home games, one Xmas away game, and cup semis and finals" supporter. In my eyes, in the "queue" for allocation, I should quite rightly be behind "all games, home and away", and indeed "all home games and most away games", etc. But I absolutely should be in front of, say, "all home games but only cup finals" folk. I honestly cannot see the argument against such a hierarchy. And before people get bent out of shape about the word "hierarchy", this is not a SuperFan debate - the fact is that the very concept of priority rests on some sort of hierarchy. Actual attendance of games seems to me by a long chalk the fairest one available.

What you are suggesting - as did the points-for-shares thing - is being able to use financial clout to buy your way up the hierarchy of actual attendance, which I cannot countenance. While I freely admit that a) some folk cannot even afford the actual attendance bit in itself, and b) those contributing money into the club are to be congratulated and applauded, these to me are separate considerations. And at least with the above system, if you can't afford to go to any games at all, at least you'll be in the same boat as those who can afford to go but don't.

The upshot of what we have now is that I have as much chance of getting a ticket for the Tynie cup game as you do, sat on your computer in the Netherlands. Don't get me wrong, Zell, it's nothing personal - but that's simply not fair.

BIG G
    And those pricks are the dictionary definition of "cutting of your nose to spite your face" - whereas under the previous system they were at least in with a good chance ahead of the multitude of folk whose first game of the season might be at Tynecastle on the 20/21st; by their mumping and moaning, they've now actually diminished their own chances.

Bellends. If it hadn't had such a negative knock-on effect on other supporters, you'd have to laugh.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)
    One trick I do think Hibs missed was re-opening the window for "away season tickets"? I bought two this season, as so far generally so good, it at least gets me and one of my group of 5 two seats at difficult away games like Hunnery, Guntery and the Thellicky (you know what I mean).
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    Enlighten me then. What’s the concern?
    Transparency. Fans being treated fairly and not like mugs and cash cows.

- - - Updated - - -

PS I spent time that I won't get back constructing the last Loyalty Points Scheme, which was scrapped under bogus pressure fae a small minority of pricks threatening to not renew season tickets.......oh the irony. The bottom line there was a cave in. I and others who worked on it were not even informed of its scrapping. Do not hold your breath amigos.BIG G
    That's poor mate. Who pulled it?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Hsl have come alive on dotnet not here though?

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4856 Post(s)
    Hsl have come alive on dotnet not here though?
    I wonder why? 🤔🤔

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    537 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    I wonder why? 🤔🤔
    A bigger audience? They certainty aren't getting it all their own way.
    GGTTH

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    990 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    The upshot of what we have now is that I have as much chance of getting a ticket for the Tynie cup game as you do, sat on your computer in the Netherlands. Don't get me wrong, Zell, it's nothing personal - but that's simply not fair.
    That was a very eloquent post, bud – and I completely agreed with every part of it!

What I’m trying to get at is that “membership” of the club can mean lots of different things, and that expanding that definition beyond a season book can only be a good thing. As I said, I like the loyalty point system; but I’m looking at it in terms of game theory (board or video). I’ve no idea how clued in you are to that type of thing, so I hope you’ll forgive me if this comes across as a bit condescending – it’s not meant to.

Basically, most developmental games (as in, where there is some form of progression) have forms of currency and some are universal. I’m using loyalty points as a universal currency. Most of the time, universal currencies can be accrued via a number of avenues throughout the game but there are always efficient and inefficient ways of doing so; typically, the more difficult the activity you participate in the more efficient the currency acquisition is. How this usually plays out is that players who do really challenging stuff will get their currency very quickly, and those who only do easy stuff will accrue their currency much more slowly.

So, take loyalty points and Hibs.

Home match attendance nets you 100 points, which means season book holders are automatically given 1,800 when they buy one. For anyone with a PAYG book, the points are added when they show up.

Away match attendance, which I tend to think requires more commitment, nets you 150 points per match allocated when you show up.

Let’s use the term “digital attendance”. You’re paying to watch the game on HibsTV, but not at the stadium. If you get a digital season book, or PAYG, it nets you 50 points per game.

Lastly, let’s dish out some points for merchandise or share purchases and give it a value of… 50 points per hundred pounds spent.

Now, I’ve deliberately made the numbers have clear discrepancies so that we avoid break points (muddy areas where inefficient activities start competing with efficient ones), but you should be able to see what I’m getting at. Points allocated for match attendance are, by far, the most generous – to the extent where those with season books would be extremely expensive to catch, and particularly those who also travel to watch the team. For a quick comparison, someone who wanted to “buy” their way to a blue chip ticket without going to games would need to cough up 3,600 in shares or merchandise. If they want to catch those who also go to away games religiously, they’re looking at an outlay of nine grand.

They’d have to buy the shop.

What this system does is allow people to earn points via lots of ways, and have their spend rewarded but with match attendance remaining as the ultimate way of doing so. That nine grand in merchandise would cost the attending punter 950 quid (average of 25 sheets a game); 10% of what it’d cost someone who doesn’t attend, and that’s not even counting the money that punter spends on refreshments or merchandise.

What it also does is give people like myself a chance, though almost always behind those who attend matches, of getting a blue chip ticket if I get a digital season book to watch while I’m in the Netherlands and buy a couple of tops.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1993 Post(s)

BIG G
    loved the old scheme - great for PATG folks, and folks who attend away games as much as home games....

HSL points thing was wrong...but would of ironed itself out over time.

ST holders got weighed in well too IMO - all points upfront for ST book.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Be something which people though was a go’er?

I still think we need far more income coming in, we don’t have an investor and sponsorship is becoming harder to get and something we don’t seem very good at.

We have had club 86, there was / is Erin trust and The Hibernians and HSL. Everything seems very fragmented and I think the current. Owner and board prefer that.

The only people who put money in are us. If we had some form of membership scheme and it was offered globally, could we make it work and get more money to the manager?

I am thinking , blank bit of paper, look at all we have and make it simple and effective.
    NW

As we have said before we try hard not to get involved here as we are all Hibs supporters and Forum's can unfortunately sometimes result in misunderstandings.
    We agree that much more income would be welcome and of course would benefit our Club. As far as we are aware Club 86, the Erin Trust and the Hibernians no longer exist and indeed all have offered their support to HSL.

HSL is a "membership scheme" and is open to all - Globally, so if you want to get extra income into the Club we would love to have you on board.

Donate

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    NW

As we have said before we try hard not to get involved here as we are all Hibs supporters and Forum's can unfortunately sometimes result in misunderstandings.
    We agree that much more income would be welcome and of course would benefit our Club. As far as we are aware Club 86, the Erin Trust and the Hibernians no longer exist and indeed all have offered their support to HSL.

HSL is a "membership scheme" and is open to all - Globally, so if you want to get extra income into the Club we would love to have you on board.

Donate
    Thanks for your feedback.

What are the number of active members?
    What are the plans to replace the current directors?
    There was a comment made by one of the directors at the agm re new directors saying that ‘we cannot allow it to be hijacked’ who is trying to hijack it.

I appreciate you don’t like message boards but you need to communicate with those who could become members.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

NW

There will be five elections in 2018 in accordance with our Articles. We are of course disappointed to hear that you don't think any of us have done a good job but as in life itself, you can't please everyone. What I can tell you is that we have all tried our very best to help our Club. Please feel free to step forward.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a matter for the Club.

- - - Updated - - -

We are closer to 13% now and as such half way towards our principle objective of 26%.

Could we have done better - yes. None of the existing Directors would pretend to get it right all of the time and we are conscious of where we could have done better. We are in a different phase now and have at least achieved our initial objective which was to provide a safe and transparent vehicle for facilitating voluntary fan donations to our beloved Club.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6112 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

We are closer to 13% now.
    Do you mind if I ask who you actually are?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)

- - - Updated - - -

We are closer to 13% now and as such half way towards our principle objective of 26%.

Could we have done better - yes. None of the existing Directors would pretend to get it right all of the time and we are conscious of where we could have done better. We are in a different phase now and have at least achieved our initial objective which was to provide a safe and transparent vehicle for facilitating voluntary fan donations to our beloved Club.
    I meant the directors need replaced due to term ending.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant the directors need replaced due to term ending.
    Also please answer the questions

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    I think it has to have genuine fans involvement, hsl is really run by the club.

Loyalty points, membership options, better access to the facilities.
    NW

This is one of the main reasons why we feel it best to avoid Forums, but on this occasion in the interest of transparency it would not be fair to allow this comment to remain unchallenged.

I owe it to the Club, my fellow Directors and most of all the Members of HSL who have placed their trust in us. HSL is not "run by the Club". HSL is a separate legal entity owned by its Members, approximately 1650 ordinary Hibs supporters.

If I recall, just over 3 years ago you attended a meeting which I hosted at my House to host a number of different Hibs supporters/groups who had expressed an interest in fan ownership at Hibs. Myself, along with a few other Hibs supporters had already formed a Group called Hibs Community Football Club. As a result of that meeting Hibs Community withdrew to allow Buy Hibs to progress matters. From what I can gather Buy Hibs chose not to engage with the Hibs Board and obviously I cannot comment on what happened thereafter.

Following the Board's strategic review and decision to make shares available to fans they wanted to ensure that "ownership" was accessible to all. Their options were to initiate and run this themselves, which of course would have warranted your comments or to engage with any fan groups who they were aware of that had such an interest. I have no idea if Buy Hibs or any other group had discussions with the Club but we agreed to engage in discussions with the Club. The resulting structure and format of HSL was jointly agreed. As with all negotiations it involved compromise however the resultant structure has 5 Directors elected by our Members and only 2 Directors nominated by the Club. The simple arithmetic I think tells it's own story. If anyone thinks that Jackie, Kenny,Charlie, Gordon or myself are simple Club patsies then you obviously don't know any of us.

I trust this once and for all put's this myth to bed.

Jim Adie

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Jim

Hsl is a private limited company run from Easter Road, the cow of the club is the driver behind it. You and Gordon have our fantastic effort in, that is clear. But you can see why it looks to many like a club run group. The appointment of a chairman who is not a Hibs fan and very unpopular with football fans was odd. Remember Kenny invited me to his office amongst others and he admitted he was not a
    Hibs man.

I agree that the need for more shares once you get to target is low, my main issue is finding a way that will get the fans feeling attached and getting greater numbers in. My initial comments were we all seem very disjointed and perhaps a clean start best.

Hibs continue to lack transparency and that seems to be consistent

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4456 Post(s)
    NW

Donate
    In the past I've tried to be a very positive supporter of HSL, I've been ripped a new one on here in the past but I will continue to be positive because the concept is everyone is a winner as far as Hibs is concerned. In my opinion ;-)

But that first sentence is nothing short of suicide. You're dead before you've said any good stuff.

Between here and dotnet there are more MEMBERS than there are season ticket holders, there's more active MEMBERS than there are contributing to HSL, there's a panting over eager Hibs audience giving feedback any other organisation would die for for the feedback they provide. Free. And there's apparently a few well subscribed Twitter and Facebook thingies too.

To "try hard not to get involved" with the very people that are absolutely central to your success is possibly the most stupid thing I have ever encountered! Said Jack (60 and a bit)

Become the norm, be one of us, engage and chat, do a Just Back, we Hibscuddle for fun. Once we get to know you you'll be loved. Pinkie promise!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    NWThis is one of the main reasons why we feel it best to avoid Forums, but on this occasion in the interest of transparency it would not be fair to allow this comment to remain unchallenged.I owe it to the Club, my fellow Directors and most of all the Members of HSL who have placed their trust in us. HSL is not "run by the Club". HSL is a separate legal entity owned by its Members, approximately 1650 ordinary Hibs supporters.If I recall, just over 3 years ago you attended a meeting which I hosted at my House to host a number of different Hibs supporters/groups who had expressed an interest in fan ownership at Hibs. Myself, along with a few other Hibs supporters had already formed a Group called Hibs Community Football Club. As a result of that meeting Hibs Community withdrew to allow Buy Hibs to progress matters. From what I can gather Buy Hibs chose not to engage with the Hibs Board and obviously I cannot comment on what happened thereafter.Following the Board's strategic review and decision to make shares available to fans they wanted to ensure that "ownership" was accessible to all. Their options were to initiate and run this themselves, which of course would have warranted your comments or to engage with any fan groups who they were aware of that had such an interest. I have no idea if Buy Hibs or any other group had discussions with the Club but we agreed to engage in discussions with the Club. The resulting structure and format of HSL was jointly agreed. As with all negotiations it involved compromise however the resultant structure has 5 Directors elected by our Members and only 2 Directors nominated by the Club. The simple arithmetic I think tells it's own story. If anyone thinks that Jackie, Kenny,Charlie, Gordon or myself are simple Club patsies then you obviously don't know any of us.I trust this once and for all put's this myth to bed.Jim Adie
    Hi Jim. Why did you allow two current hibs directors to become HSL directors? Why did you HSL insist on loyalty points and result in scheme being cancelled and in turn turn off many fans?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Hi Jim. Why did you allow two current hibs directors to become HSL directors? Why did you HSL insist on loyalty points and result in scheme being cancelled and in turn turn off many fans?
    Green power

According to companies house. The first 3 directors of hsl where Leeann , Steven Dunn and Bruce Langholm. The non club directors joined the next week when Bruce resigned. I don’t think it was hsl whonallowed the club directors to become directors , it was how it was formed.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Green powerAccording to companies house. The first 3 directors of hsl where Leeann , Steven Dunn and Bruce Langholm. The non club directors joined the next week when Bruce resigned. I don’t think it was hsl whonallowed the club directors to become directors , it was how it was formed.
    This is getting confusing for me. A fans led initiative was set up by three hibs board directors?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    This is getting confusing for me. A fans led initiative was set up by three hibs board directors?
    That is what companies house states.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4456 Post(s)
    I'm sure HSL was in existence before they got together with the club for the scheme we now know and love :-)

Before the scheme I've no idea what their raison d'être was but I'm fairly certain there was no cross over of 'current' directors although at least one HSL person at the time was, I'm sure, a former director of the club.
    Space to let

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'm sure HSL was in existence before they got together with the club for the scheme we now know and love :-)

Before the scheme I've no idea what their raison d'être was but I'm fairly certain there was no cross over of 'current' directors although at least one HSL person at the time was, I'm sure, a former director of the club.
    Gordon and Jim had previously set up an organisation which was scrapped before they joined hsl.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Do you mind if I ask who you actually are?

Not at all. I'm Jim Adie and I'm one of the Directors of HSL.

- - - Updated - - -

Like that.... ������������ ������

- - - Updated - - -

Sure us fans now own 34%? 11% being HSL. If HSL has got to that in what two years why doubt it can get to 25%?

I bought shares independently from HSL. If the HSL model was better with Hibs folk involved not weirdly non Hibs ex politician I'd get involved.
    Smurf

Thank you for your encouragement and support. Myself, Jackie, Gordon and Charlie are all lifelong "Hibs folk". Our Dad's and children, needless to say are all the same. Kenny has never claimed to be a lifelong, dyed in the wool Hibs supporter as his previous careers occupied a large part of his life. Like you we just want to do the best we can for our beloved Club. If you can manage it we would love to have you on board.

- - - Updated - - -

Your assumption is not correct

- - - Updated - - -

Your spot on about re current owners liking fragmented approach.HSL is a board creation . Hence they will relaunch HSL to try and drum up interest. Individual shareholders has proven to be more successful but that is on the back burner. As things stand fans have 34% of the club and have no say or power. Another blinder played by farmer and his 100 rod Petries.
    Greenpower

As we confirmed to NW we can assure you that HSL is completely independent from the Club, we are a separate legal entity owned by our Members. The majority of our Directors are elected by our Members. While it is true to say that two Directors can be appointed by the Club it is also true to say that 2 can never outnumber 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim

Hsl is a private limited company run from Easter Road, the cow of the club is the driver behind it. You and Gordon have our fantastic effort in, that is clear. But you can see why it looks to many like a club run group. The appointment of a chairman who is not a Hibs fan and very unpopular with football fans was odd. Remember Kenny invited me to his office amongst others and he admitted he was not a
    Hibs man.

I agree that the need for more shares once you get to target is low, my main issue is finding a way that will get the fans feeling attached and getting greater numbers in. My initial comments were we all seem very disjointed and perhaps a clean start best.

Hibs continue to lack transparency and that seems to be consistent
    NW

Please forgive me as I don't understand your first sentence as I am not familiar with the term "cow" in this context. Gordon and I thank you for your kind words but please be aware that we cannot thank Jackie, Charlie and Kenny for their tremendous efforts. They have given their time and efforts generously and been so kind. You have shared your thoughts about our Chairman and of course that is your prerogative. When you met Kenny I understand that he explained to you, as he has done with many others, that he has never pretended to be a lifelong dyed in the wool follower of Hibs, his previous careers did not allow that. As you know however, as he sits not far from you, Kenny and his friends are at Easter Road every week, paying, like the rest of us to watch Hibs and support Hibs. When my time comes to leave office I can assure you that I will continue to donate to HSL. My only requirement of the serving Directors will be that they are good, honest, decent people trying their best for the Club. I won't need to be on friendly terms with them or indeed I might not even like them but as long as I believe their integrity is without challenge, that will be good enough for me as my interest is in the betterment of our Club.

We are open to any suggestions that you think will help fans to feel attached to HSL.

Could I suggest you take up your comments regarding the Club with the Club.

Jim

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2077 Post(s)
    NW what happened with your Buy Hibs initiative?

have forgotten now what went on, was it just disbanded or was there a fall out of some sort?
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)

Not at all. I'm Jim Adie and I'm one of the Directors of HSL.

- - - Updated - - -

Smurf

Thank you for your encouragement and support. Myself, Jackie, Gordon and Charlie are all lifelong "Hibs folk". Our Dad's and children, needless to say are all the same. Kenny has never claimed to be a lifelong, dyed in the wool Hibs supporter as his previous careers occupied a large part of his life. Like you we just want to do the best we can for our beloved Club. If you can manage it we would love to have you on board.

- - - Updated - - -

Greenpower

As we confirmed to NW we can assure you that HSL is completely independent from the Club, we are a separate legal entity owned by our Members. The majority of our Directors are elected by our Members. While it is true to say that two Directors can be appointed by the Club it is also true to say that 2 can never outnumber 5.

- - - Updated - - -

NW

Please forgive me as I don't understand your first sentence as I am not familiar with the term "cow" in this context. Gordon and I thank you for your kind words but please be aware that we cannot thank Jackie, Charlie and Kenny for their tremendous efforts. They have given their time and efforts generously and been so kind. You have shared your thoughts about our Chairman and of course that is your prerogative. When you met Kenny I understand that he explained to you, as he has done with many others, that he has never pretended to be a lifelong dyed in the wool follower of Hibs, his previous careers did not allow that. As you know however, as he sits not far from you, Kenny and his friends are at Easter Road every week, paying, like the rest of us to watch Hibs and support Hibs. When my time comes to leave office I can assure you that I will continue to donate to HSL. My only requirement of the serving Directors will be that they are good, honest, decent people trying their best for the Club. I won't need to be on friendly terms with them or indeed I might not even like them but as long as I believe their integrity is without challenge, that will be good enough for me as my interest is in the betterment of our Club.

We are open to any suggestions that you think will help fans to feel attached to HSL.

Could I suggest you take up your comments regarding the Club with the Club.

Jim
    Jim

Sorry my phone and my typing letting me down, I meant ceo

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    In the past I've tried to be a very positive supporter of HSL, I've been ripped a new one on here in the past but I will continue to be positive because the concept is everyone is a winner as far as Hibs is concerned. In my opinion ;-)

But that first sentence is nothing short of suicide. You're dead before you've said any good stuff.

Between here and dotnet there are more MEMBERS than there are season ticket holders, there's more active MEMBERS than there are contributing to HSL, there's a panting over eager Hibs audience giving feedback any other organisation would die for for the feedback they provide. Free. And there's apparently a few well subscribed Twitter and Facebook thingies too.

To "try hard not to get involved" with the very people that are absolutely central to your success is possibly the most stupid thing I have ever encountered! Said Jack (60 and a bit)

Become the norm, be one of us, engage and chat, do a Just Back, we Hibscuddle for fun. Once we get to know you you'll be loved. Pinkie promise!

Jack

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our previous post, perhaps your response better illustrates the point we were trying to make. You have interpreted our comments in a way which we had not intended. The point we were trying to make, and apologies if we have been clumsy, was that it isn't always easy to become too engaged in Fans Forums. The reasons are :

1. Fans forums are just that, intended for ordinary fans to exchange views and opinions which sometimes can be controversial. We are an ownership group and don't want to intrude on what should be essentially fans space.

2. Sometimes words and phrases can be innocently misinterpreted and can cause offence. When this happens, for an individual fan this may not have serious consequences. For a Group representing others this may not be the case and genuine errors can have unintended consequences.

We were not saying we don't want involved with supporters, of course we do, that's what we are about, we were just saying we have to tread carefully. We hope you understand.

GoGO Back To Forum