Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    540 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was brought up in Newcraighall, the birthplace of Willie Bauld. he went to school with my Da and his twin. they were both hibbies but never took me to games.my auld man worked abroad in the gold mines so never hame for the season. However, our village was a definite mining village at that time and carried a lot of the religious baggage of the Lanarkshire pit villages. Lots of men came to work in our pits from Shotts, Blantyre,Lesmahagow etc and brought that with them. we as kids were either Celtic or Rangers. when I went to secondary, all my mates there were mainly hobbies from Bingham Magdalene Porty and Niddrie .I was asked to go to see Hibs v Rangers and went thinking I'll be a Rangers fan. came out, after Hibs winning 3-1, and was hooked. was on the train the next week to Dundee to watch Hibernian! been going to home and a lot of aways for 51 years now!
    Huns or Smellies really would have been the pits, Wullie.
    GGTTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    One of my brothers got into Hibs after he saw them play a few games while they toured here in Ireland in early seventies,I looked up to him more than than I did my other brother,so while also being a Liverpool supporter I got into supporting Hibs when I was about 9 so forty one years supporting Hibs,started going to games in early nineties when I could afford flights which were bloody expensive, up to that only way to go was on ferry but would not risk going through the north at the time with the troubles and travelling on my own would have just asked for trouble.I am travelling over Sunday morning for sellthick game which means getting on the road around 02.30 to go to Dublin for a 06.30 flight and I love it.I never thought I would be at a better game in my life when I walked out of the Ataturk Stadium in Istanbul in 2005 after seeing Liverpool win the Champions League but seeing Hibs finally lift the Holy Grail last season put it in perspective I support Liverpool but I love Hibs

GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List