vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4051 Post(s)

Just back

Well, that wasn't very impressive at all. Threw away an unbelievable opportunity today with both Hunco and Aberdeen getting beat Lennon not long ago talking about how we could be above Celtic if we hadn't thrown away silly points.

I don't even know where to begin or what to say.. So I'll jump straight onto the players and we'll go from there
    We started the game in what I'd say was a 442 to force Stokes back into the team and it backfired as far as I could see.

Marciano... Poor with his feet, made on brilliant save tipping it onto the bar in the first half and fumbled the ball that eventually resulted in their second goal, can't tell how much of the fumble was his fault or if the ball was deflected, out of sight or any other excuse. Don't think he was to blame for the first goal though.

Gray... Wasn't great tbh, didn't really impact the game defensively or offensively, never beat the first man with any delivery (running theme today) taken off for Porteous midway through the second half. Dunno if it's the lack of game time this season that's seeing him not really perform?

Efe... Thought he was pretty decent for most of the game, couple of total Efe scary moments, one inside the box and a few random scares, but! He did play the 2 best crosses of the game, one which ended up winning us a penalty.

Hanlon... Sponsors MoM and probably mine too, the whole first half he nullified their forwards and looked strong, composed and the full part, second half when we were stretched he struggled a bit to play both sides of the game but never gave up.

Stevenson... Not a great day for him today, didn't really click with Barker or Stokes. Both their goals eventually came from a ball in from his side and not that I blame him, but there was occasions he could've been much tighter to his man. Another who never beat the first man with a cross all game.

Boyle... Runs, alot. we played the majority of the first half searching for him and tbh it didn't really work, not all his fault, balls weren't great, snuffed in midfield, in the second half after subs we moved him into the right wing back role that he never once stood in, left Porteous a bit exposed and on his one real run of the whole game he was fouled about 6 times in 15 seconds. I also think it was him that won the penalty, it just looked a bit of a scramash to me, not 100% on what happened, threw a foot at the ball and then? crossing wasn't great, another struggling to beat the first man.

McGinn... Was his super self for the first 20 minutes of the game, very strong, threw that arse about like a shield and played some very close to amazing balls in Boyles direction. Never once looked left to Barker wide open though. Then for the rest of the game I don't think he really impacted anywhere. He wants the responsibility of the ball though and doesn't try to hide from the game, just wasn't for him today.

Bartley... I thought he played okay, sits far too deep at times though, managed to get forward a few times and then didn't have options, Stokes hiding behind him was often the ball played. I think he needs 2 midfielders around him, so he can sit in and play his piece.

Barker... On his 2 or 3 chances that he got to take on his man, he ran around him with relative ease and skill, failed to beat his man with every cross, stood in miles of space for much of the first half and didn't get the ball. Doesn't have a voice, just stands there waving, tried to impact the game a bit more when him and Stokes swapped positions for a while, but this is another week where he just drifted in and out of existence throughout the game. He also doesn't chase back once he loses the ball, has a wee stroll and left Lewis running around.

Stokes... Wasted jersey today IMO, I don't even know where to begin. Far too casual, far too much time moaning at everyone else while he was flat footed or running away from where the ball went, didn't link with Stevenson at all and for me hasn't earned his starting position this season. I'd stick with Murray on his own.

Murray... Ran around, chased and harried, absolutely robbed with 2 horrible offside decisions, he plays on that last man much better than I thought he would when I first seen him, had a small handful of shots but nothing fell to him that was an easy chance, doesn't get actual pass marks but he wasn't poor today.

The subs were..

Porteous for Gray and while he's a strong confident lad, I don't think that was the right move to make today, not convinced we should be switching to 3 center halves every week.
    McGeouch for Barker, didn't really influence the game when he got on because by that time it was a running match and that's not his game. Good to see the injury wasn't a proper set back and I expect to see him back in the starting line up very soon.
    Big Dave for Bartley was probably the right sub at that moment in time, but we should never have been in the position we found ourselves. He won the 3 headers that were lumped up to him and didn't have much chance to do anything outside of that.

This is just gonna turn into a moaning report if I drag it out too much, but our crossing was horrendous and why we insisted on playing almost every corner shot is completely beyond me.
    Stokes needs to do much, much more to justify himself. Play the game and stop greetin' at every opportunity!
    Lennon got it wrong switching to a back 3/5 or whatever, they were walking right through the middle of the pitch at that point and the changes didn't help stop that happening.
    We didn't hassle the way we have in other games, we had plenty of nice wee triangular passing between our players that left us nowhere, lots of passing, no substance, completely closed ourselves off in the middle of the pitch, didn't utilise the width and allowed them so much time on the ball when we didn't have it.

I've left today feeling pretty frustrated, we are much, much better than that and we didn't really deserve anything from the game. That arsehole threw us a lifeline with the penalty and we still threw it away by letting Liam Craig outpace and outsmart everyone.

Upwards of 17000 at the game, another solid turnout by the fans so well done us but thats about it for me today.

I'll sign out here before it becomes a rambling rant. Just wasn't good enough.

Enjoy your night guys! I'm away to forget all about today!
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Cheers Hammi, much appreciated. Sounds like we paid the price for attempting to shoehorn Stokes back into the team? On the other hand he done well by all accounts when he came on against Dundee. So frustrating especially with our rivals also losing
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2599 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that wasn't very impressive at all. Threw away an unbelievable opportunity today with both Hunco and Aberdeen getting beat Lennon not long ago talking about how we could be above Celtic if we hadn't thrown away silly points.

I don't even know where to begin or what to say.. So I'll jump straight onto the players and we'll go from there
    We started the game in what I'd say was a 442 to force Stokes back into the team and it backfired as far as I could see.

Marciano... Poor with his feet, made on brilliant save tipping it onto the bar in the first half and fumbled the ball that eventually resulted in their second goal, can't tell how much of the fumble was his fault or if the ball was deflected, out of sight or any other excuse. Don't think he was to blame for the first goal though.

Gray... Wasn't great tbh, didn't really impact the game defensively or offensively, never beat the first man with any delivery (running theme today) taken off for Porteous midway through the second half. Dunno if it's the lack of game time this season that's seeing him not really perform?

Efe... Thought he was pretty decent for most of the game, couple of total Efe scary moments, one inside the box and a few random scares, but! He did play the 2 best crosses of the game, one which ended up winning us a penalty.

Hanlon... Sponsors MoM and probably mine too, the whole first half he nullified their forwards and looked strong, composed and the full part, second half when we were stretched he struggled a bit to play both sides of the game but never gave up.

Stevenson... Not a great day for him today, didn't really click with Barker or Stokes. Both their goals eventually came from a ball in from his side and not that I blame him, but there was occasions he could've been much tighter to his man. Another who never beat the first man with a cross all game.

Boyle... Runs, alot. we played the majority of the first half searching for him and tbh it didn't really work, not all his fault, balls weren't great, snuffed in midfield, in the second half after subs we moved him into the right wing back role that he never once stood in, left Porteous a bit exposed and on his one real run of the whole game he was fouled about 6 times in 15 seconds. I also think it was him that won the penalty, it just looked a bit of a scramash to me, not 100% on what happened, threw a foot at the ball and then? crossing wasn't great, another struggling to beat the first man.

McGinn... Was his super self for the first 20 minutes of the game, very strong, threw that arse about like a shield and played some very close to amazing balls in Boyles direction. Never once looked left to Barker wide open though. Then for the rest of the game I don't think he really impacted anywhere. He wants the responsibility of the ball though and doesn't try to hide from the game, just wasn't for him today.

Bartley... I thought he played okay, sits far too deep at times though, managed to get forward a few times and then didn't have options, Stokes hiding behind him was often the ball played. I think he needs 2 midfielders around him, so he can sit in and play his piece.

Barker... On his 2 or 3 chances that he got to take on his man, he ran around him with relative ease and skill, failed to beat his man with every cross, stood in miles of space for much of the first half and didn't get the ball. Doesn't have a voice, just stands there waving, tried to impact the game a bit more when him and Stokes swapped positions for a while, but this is another week where he just drifted in and out of existence throughout the game. He also doesn't chase back once he loses the ball, has a wee stroll and left Lewis running around.

Stokes... Wasted jersey today IMO, I don't even know where to begin. Far too casual, far too much time moaning at everyone else while he was flat footed or running away from where the ball went, didn't link with Stevenson at all and for me hasn't earned his starting position this season. I'd stick with Murray on his own.

Murray... Ran around, chased and harried, absolutely robbed with 2 horrible offside decisions, he plays on that last man much better than I thought he would when I first seen him, had a small handful of shots but nothing fell to him that was an easy chance, doesn't get actual pass marks but he wasn't poor today.

The subs were..

Porteous for Gray and while he's a strong confident lad, I don't think that was the right move to make today, not convinced we should be switching to 3 center halves every week.
    McGeouch for Barker, didn't really influence the game when he got on because by that time it was a running match and that's not his game. Good to see the injury wasn't a proper set back and I expect to see him back in the starting line up very soon.
    Big Dave for Bartley was probably the right sub at that moment in time, but we should never have been in the position we found ourselves. He won the 3 headers that were lumped up to him and didn't have much chance to do anything outside of that.

This is just gonna turn into a moaning report if I drag it out too much, but our crossing was horrendous and why we insisted on playing almost every corner shot is completely beyond me.
    Stokes needs to do much, much more to justify himself. Play the game and stop greetin' at every opportunity!
    Lennon got it wrong switching to a back 3/5 or whatever, they were walking right through the middle of the pitch at that point and the changes didn't help stop that happening.
    We didn't hassle the way we have in other games, we had plenty of nice wee triangular passing between our players that left us nowhere, lots of passing, no substance, completely closed ourselves off in the middle of the pitch, didn't utilise the width and allowed them so much time on the ball when we didn't have it.

I've left today feeling pretty frustrated, we are much, much better than that and we didn't really deserve anything from the game. That arsehole threw us a lifeline with the penalty and we still threw it away by letting Liam Craig outpace and outsmart everyone.

Upwards of 17000 at the game, another solid turnout by the fans so well done us but thats about it for me today.

I'll sign out here before it becomes a rambling rant. Just wasn't good enough.

Enjoy your night guys! I'm away to forget all about today!
    Good report Hammi , thanks.Cannae believe we lost that game after getting a penalty as an early christmas pressie fae Thompson. Lackluster display today.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)
    it was a tough watch today, but I think losing was harsh especially when their second goal came well into injury time. Neither do I think St. Johnstone deserved to win either. They came to stifle, it worked and we couldn't find a way around it. Taking Barts off helped up front but created gaps which they exploited. I don't think the St. Johnstone fans could believe what they were seeing. I thought Craig Thomson was useless - if he had booked that hun O'Halloran for diving he would have been sent off, and I don't think they would have scored. We weren't good today but I think a draw would have been more fair. I actually work with a St. Johnstone fan - he expecting to lose!

I just can't get Barker - he has some superb skills but drops out of game so much.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

vCash
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6136 Post(s)
    Good report Hammi, thank you!

I thought Saints were awful and worse to watch. Hibs were flat, only Boyler and Paul get pass marks, poor Simon was starved of the ball.

The biggest error was not starting with Dylan, recently by far our best midfielder, whist starting the wastes of space that are Stokes and Barker. Lazy pair of $#@!s the two of them.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    Just doesn't work with Murray and Stokes up front. Should have kept Stokes on the bench, dropping Dylan for Stokes wasn't the answer. If Dylan wasn't 100% fit then Slivka should have started and kept the same shape.

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1750 Post(s)
    I blMe the Alba cameras

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3569 Post(s)
    Good work, @Hammi

We were fcukin sh*t today. End of.

St J deserved nothing either, but came with a plan and executed it. Criminal that we threw it away, even a point would have felt less sh*te the now.

Hanlon - we are all worried about SJM getting cherrypicked in Jan. On this form, I think we might be worried about him too.

Stokes - do we just pick him for blue chip fixtures? because on this season's evidence, he can only be bothered when it's a "big" game, or he is asserting himself off the bench. Fair enough if so, and he continues to make the difference when the chips are down; but there's an argument for not selecting him unless he's gonna a) apply himself, and b) stop whining at every fcuker else for his own mistakes/lazy balls.

Everyone else was sh*t.

I'm about to get absolutely mullered, otherwise I'll be stewing on this all night.

HUGE opportunity missed.
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2089 Post(s)
    Did not enjoy that, very frustrating indeed. So naive not just taking the point..

Stokes and Barker brutal.
    until the sky turns green

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6894 Post(s)
    Cheers for the report @Hammi. I've just watched the full game on ALBA so with the benefit of that I would say that Rocky was unlucky with the second goal. The ball came at him quickly from a short distance and he did well to bat it away. Unlucky that there was a Super Js man waiting for it unmarked. The first goal though I thought he could have come out for the floated header back across goal.

St Js defended well and closed up spaces however we should be good enough to work round that. We looked lethargic and off the pace at times.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2613 Post(s)
    A bit of a reality check for Hibs today as far as I am concerned. St Johnstone are well organised and they defended well coping with just about anything Hibs could throw at them. I always worry during matches at Easter Road when we don't score early doors or even worse we don't get the first goal at all. Such games like that just seem to drift away from Hibs as the match goes on and the opposition then seize the initiative and more often than not then go on to get the crucial first goal. Hibs created virtually nothing. The first half was non-descript. We just seemed to have no idea how to breach their defence. Once the hugely avoidable first goal was conceded then as usual desperation set in. Our crossing into the box was very poor as were our set-pieces. Murray cannot play with his back to goal up front on his own. His first touch lets him down too often and he cannot hold the ball up. Stokes just seemed to have a free role and contributed very little. Barker is a fine player with skill and pace and that's great, but that's all he has. He is an out and out winger and that's fine but he simply isn't capable of scoring goals and he doesn't want to track back. He reminds me of Tony Rougier from the late 1990's.

It was hugely disappointing to concede a goal with the last kick of the ball. Despite a clumsy performance I though Hibs merited a point. I don't think St Johnstone deserved all three points despite a robust defensive performance from them. Really poor defending from Hibs for both goals. We seemed to be physically outmuscled when they sent in high balls into our box. Taking off Bartley just made it easier for St Johnstone to play through us, although I understand why he made that move bring another striker in big Dave on as we had to go for goals. McGeogh still clearly not really up to full match fitness hence he didn't start today.

Hibs simply do not convince at Easter Road. IMO we look vulnerable at home. That was our third home defeat of the season whilst we are unbeaten away from home. We are however still evolving as a team and I fear several matches at home like todays as the season goes on. We do not have the creativity and the goal threat to see off teams like St Johnstone or anyone else to be honest. The only home game this season where Hibs have looked totally in control was the derby, and even that game was almost thrown away due to our inability to score enough goals. We really miss Holt's physical prescence up front from last season and I say again we are too lightweight in the last third and for me we definitely need another striker or two in during January.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Stokes should have a very hard look at himself.His attitude is awful.I think Barker is poor.Very poor.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6659 Post(s)
    Stokes was rotten today.
    He will return to form.
    I think Barker is a very useful player, his pace with Squirrel on the other wing, must terrify defences. He’s still a work in progress though, that’s why he was loaned out.

Whole team was poor today. St Js were pretty $#@!-,Craigyboy just as $#@! as expected.

Heavenly Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    A DUG $#@!e day but being a Hibby we have all seen it before ,dust ourselves doon and move on.

Skivin cooncil Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1128 Post(s)
    Pretty good 'just back', Hammi.

Not much to add ,other than....

We got an equaliser in the 90th minute, on a day when nothing was working.
    Settle for the point instead of going all out for a winning goal.
    As someone else pointed out our nearest rivals lost too. That could have been a point more than either of them.

Ah well.
    Ever play this game chief?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)
    Cheers for report couldn't make it today. Going by the score line and reading this I'm not too pissed off not being there. I suppose us the sheep and huns will be saying the same this morning with regards to some solace none of us got a win. Can't win them all but another squandered chance.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)
    Thanks for the report, Hammi, much appreciated and very insightful.

It seems as though today's performance underlines that we need to play with Murray up front on his own which is what was working well. Perhaps also, Dylan McGeouch is being eased back in after injury, if not then he should play as he has been very instrumental in Hibs recent resurgence and is the kind of quality that cannot be left out.

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2277 Post(s)
    Was a bit perplexed at Murray trying to get the ball off their goalie after the penalty. I mean it is their kick off, so just get back up the park and let them take the kick off. He spent so long trying to get the ball that ALL the other Hibs players were in their own half and he was still around the opposition 18 yeard line wrestling the keeper. I mean in a positive sens it is good he wants to go for the equaliser, however he actually lost time doing what he did. I would also say he lost focus by being so anxious about getting the game re-started. Surely it is better to get back into your own half and focus with the players around you, rather than run around like some mentally deranged greyhound.

Might not have had an influence in what transpired but I just wasn't comfortable with it at the time.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4051 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    Was a bit perplexed at Murray trying to get the ball off their goalie after the penalty. I mean it is their kick off, so just get back up the park and let them take the kick off. He spent so long trying to get the ball that ALL the other Hibs players were in their own half and he was still around the opposition 18 yeard line wrestling the keeper. I mean in a positive sens it is good he wants to go for the equaliser, however he actually lost time doing what he did. I would also say he lost focus by being so anxious about getting the game re-started. Surely it is better to get back into your own half and focus with the players around you, rather than run around like some mentally deranged greyhound.

Might not have had an influence in what transpired but I just wasn't comfortable with it at the time.
    They were wasting time, once it's on the spot there's no excuse, Thompson was letting them do $#@! all to get the game going.
    Although given what happened, we'd have been better off letting them waste the rest of the game away.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)
    People turning on Stokes? FFS, short memories. He had a bad game but I notice Murray isn’t getting the same level of criticism and he was every bit as rubbish on Saturday.

Even had a thread on here saying Stokes should be sold. Deary me. Sell our best forward.

A True Gadgie/Gadgess

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    People turning on Stokes? FFS, short memories. He had a bad game but I notice Murray isn’t getting the same level of criticism and he was every bit as rubbish on Saturday.

Even had a thread on here saying Stokes should be sold. Deary me. Sell our best forward.
    Murray tried that’s the differnce, if he loses the ball he will chase it down instead of standing pointing the finger blaming everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    601 Post(s)
    I think it was a day to forget and it hurt getting beat by a team like that. Telling words on 'Peter & Roughie' after both goals, perhaps we need Darren to put some bite back in the defence. I agree Stokesie wasn't good but we mustn't over-react.

GoGO Back To Forum