Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone go to the meeting tonight?

164 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Yir pal...?
    Nah, cannae believe that.

164 Post(s)
    6671 Post(s)
    Both fans representatives were doing a live Q&A on Facebook today. I asked Frank if he stood by his opinion that the majority of fans were in support of the boards statement and position on the EBT issue. He confirms that he does. Apparently when fans hear the boards stance they back it. Tracey said Hibs fans just wanted to go back to supporting Hibs. "It's all about Hibs".

62 Post(s)
    2131 Post(s)
    Both fans representatives were doing a live Q&A on Facebook today. I asked Frank if he stood by his opinion that the majority of fans were in support of the boards statement and position on the EBT issue. He confirms that he does. Apparently when fans hear the boards stance they back it. Tracey said Hibs fans just wanted to go back to supporting Hibs. "It's all about Hibs".
    Then Frank is a slaver. Not shocked. He got his blazer at last...

613 Post(s)
    Both fans representatives were doing a live Q&A on Facebook today. I asked Frank if he stood by his opinion that the majority of fans were in support of the boards statement and position on the EBT issue. He confirms that he does.
    Did he say how many people he had canvassed to be able to form that opinion, K?

164 Post(s)
    6671 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Did he say how many people he had canvassed to be able to form that opinion, K?
    Nope. He also tried to give the impression that those in attendance at St Patrick's the other week heard what the board said they too changed their mind. I was in attendance on the evening and I'd respectfully suggest that's being very economical with truth and reality.

Then Frank is a slaver. Not shocked. He got his blazer at last...

With respect to both it's embarrassing that our support elected those two based just on that Q&A alone....

71 Post(s)
    1943 Post(s)
    Probably for the best if the two reps fade into the background doing some voluntary duties around the club for the rest of their tenures instead of pretending to represent the fans views.

274 Post(s)
    Did she say what fans I wonder. Did many go to the session on Sunday

Baby Radge
    As a private club they can do what they like and don't have to answer to non members. If they made the decision within their own rules and regulations they probably don't even need to justify it to their members!

I know BIG G was put in a bit of a spot but at the end of the day it's their club.
    sorry to intervene but it's every Hibs fan's club. join a branch. that gets ye in, naw?

Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    A fair point and i certainly dont mean anything personal against him. Just for someone who simply doesn’t do the forums its wuite hard to gauge a true reflection.
    His personality isn’t the issue, to me it’s the fact as a fans rep, you should be using every avenue available to consult with the fans you’re representing
    spot on , but wi the big man you aint gonna get that. he was good at sitting at the desk at the HSA entrance, as an enforcer to make sure you put yer pound in the slot. I like big Frank but unsure if he is up to speed with the internet $#@!. I certainly toil wi it a bit lol.

have to admit that our small branch had the plan to put at least 4 members at that meeting, myself included, but on the night it was a bit of a disaster for us. family and work commitments resulted in no shows. although we were unhappy with the board's statement I am pretty sure the same statements on the night would have prevailed. still pissed off about it all though. not regularly on this site, but do hope you all appreciate our view(s).

145 Post(s)
    4323 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    sorry to intervene but it's every Hibs fan's club. join a branch. that gets ye in, naw?

spot on , but wi the big man you aint gonna get that. he was good at sitting at the desk at the HSA entrance, as an enforcer to make sure you put yer pound in the slot. I like big Frank but unsure if he is up to speed with the internet $#@!. I certainly toil wi it a bit lol.

have to admit that our small branch had the plan to put at least 4 members at that meeting, myself included, but on the night it was a bit of a disaster for us. family and work commitments resulted in no shows. although we were unhappy with the board's statement I am pretty sure the same statements on the night would have prevailed. still pissed off about it all though. not regularly on this site, but do hope you all appreciate our view(s).
    If I'm picking you up right I think you're saying all Hibs are nembers???

Only those that sign up and pay their dues are members.

23 Post(s)

Where Do We Stand On Bloody Sunday?

...& should the Maddie McCann investigation continue?
    How much would we all be prepared to chip-in to a collection bucket to fund the legal proceedings?
    Hell! With feelings running this high, we might raise enough for a private prosecution!
    Does anyone with a legal qualification have any suggestions about what might punishment might be legally handed down? - i.e. one that would stand a legal challenge in a court of law; not one that the SFA might be allowed to invoke under regulations that clubs/players accept, but which are highly dubious from a legal perspective.
    The Huns' insolvent trading scam was scarcely any different from the shenanigans other clubs have got up to. They just tried to disguise it in a legal/financial maze. They may as well have knocked a few off the declared gate and visited Ryman's for some good quality Manila envelopes. Not that any club ever does that.

4754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Anne's View Post
    ...& should the Maddie McCann investigation continue?How much would we all be prepared to chip-in to a collection bucket to fund the legal proceedings?Hell! With feelings running this high, we might raise enough for a private prosecution!Does anyone with a legal qualification have any suggestions about what might punishment might be legally handed down? - i.e. one that would stand a legal challenge in a court of law; not one that the SFA might be allowed to invoke under regulations that clubs/players accept, but which are highly dubious from a legal perspective.The Huns' insolvent trading scam was scarcely any different from the shenanigans other clubs have got up to. They just tried to disguise it in a legal/financial maze. They may as well have knocked a few off the declared gate and visited Ryman's for some good quality Manila envelopes. Not that any club ever does that.
    You're making it about the Huns. Its not about that.

23 Post(s)
    You're making it about the Huns. Its not about that.
    OK. It isn't really about the Huns.However, the "supporters' reps" positions are not posts I'd be interested in taking. Impossible job. To be fra.... erm.... sorry.... to be blunt, they are simply tokenist nods to the comical myth that pro clubs are a "community resource" and the "Football for all!" & "Football unites..." codswallop. That's not just at Hibs, it's at all UK clubs. There's nothing Frank & Tracey can do to influence anything that would not likely be influenced by a few letters of complaint to Easter Road or a 500-post thread on a forum. We all know that the majority of football fans are obviously unrealistic @%$#€%@@ - even more so than most board members - and listening to fans' opinions on most aspects of running a club is a bad idea.