Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back from Halloween and that was a treat Hibs

Hallowe'en, All Saints Eve, the night before the ghoulish Celtic Samhain...a night for guisers, spooks and dodging Dodgers, on their way to watch their green and grey ghouls play a team from Munich. (Pound to look after yer broomstick mister?) Our 60 miles to Kilmarnock just to see Hibernian play was hindered, haunted and harangued by Dodgers on their way to the Parkhead Super Cauldron. A veritable M8 Ghost Train of glory hunters getting in the way of the hundreds of hearty, hardy Hibees trying to venture into deepest, darkest Ayrshire on the deepest, darkest night of the year. Talk about fright night...still, at least it wasn't their pals from the Zombie Nation.*

Both teams went into this fixture buoyed by decent recent results. Hibs had scared the living daylights out of their neighbours last week when they came to Easter Road guising as footballers. Their bloodied turd coloured costumes couldn't conceal their true identity. Then Hibs followed this up with another fine 3 points on the road, at Motherwell. Killie had managed two consecutive draws against the Ugly Sisters, under the direction of new manager, Steve Clarke. Both teams as buoyant as a bowl full of bobbing green apples, but something was going to have to give. And with an Enforcer like Boring Marv Bartley (see his social media) in our ranks, it was unlikely that we were the ones going to be getting a shock. Such were the odds, I heard old Laffing Boy had money on it.

Frustratingly, Danny Swanson and Anthony Stokes failed to return to the squad that travelled to Ayrshire a day early to avoid getting ambushed by green and grey ghouls. Maybe the odd potion is required for one...or other...or both of them.*

In the opposition ranks Kris Commons' rotund media pal seemed to have actually eaten him. What a fright.*

The pitch at Rugby Park is rank rotten. They clearly hadn't watered it and it was as dry as an auld witch's wart. It was designed to slow the game - to stop our play and let the fat forward have a chance of getting the ball *They had narrowed the park too for much the same reasons.*

Hibs opened the scoring early in the opening exchanges when John McGinn met a cross from the right flank with a header that was as sweet as a treacle scone hanging on a string. Hibs were making the home side look like a bowl of soggy, shrivelled peanuts. And the fat forward looked like he had been a guiser given an orange and a handful of peanuts on the doorstep of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory...especially when he hit the post witb a header a short while later. Lewy put in some cracking challenges, Efe strolled about in his slippers and Paul kept an eye out for zombies wearing an over sized No 9 kit...

At half time Hibs went in one goal to the good.

As with the first half the second was to be limited in many ways by the quality of the pitch and poor refereeing. The fat forward was to hit woodwork again...as the home side sought to gather some goodies to take home on this All Saints Eve. Hibs were going to pick them off nicely when Simon said put the ball in the net after good work, for the first time in the match from the almost ghostly Brandon Barker. He was that anonymous tonight he may as well have been spirited away.

We would go on to get a third in injury time courtesy of a great break away from Squirrel.

The Players

Rocky - excellent tonight. Truly excellent. Some fine and crucial saves
    Lewis - worked tirelessly and another MotM contender
    Paul - the fat forward didn't fit in his back pocket but only due to his size. Punditry and fitness dont go it seems
    Efe - another pipe and slippers night. Immense
    SDG - okay evening
    SJM - in a more advanced role, bagged a good goal, injured late on due to the $#@!e pitch
    Dylan - quietly effective
    Marv - another gargantuan effort
    Boyle - good game, not bothered one bit by the $#@!e pitch
    Brandon Barker- very poor. Almost anonymous. Went off injured
    Simon - worked tirelessly and another good goal

Porteous - on for Barker allowing us to go 3 at the back
    Slivka - on for SJM. Ok
    Dave - on at the death for Simon

Referee - officious $#@!

MotM - between Rocky, Lewy, Paul, Boyle and Efe. It has to go to the latter for me. Glided through the game. Effortless. Immaculate. So skilled...even on a $#@!e pitch.

To finish up before I hit the pillow...an ode to The Fat Forward, using the themeof the night.

Sweet nightmares, Orc.

I was watching*the Hibs,*late one night
    My eyes beheld an eerie sight
    For*Kris Boyd*from his slab began to rise
    And suddenly to my surprise

He did the*Sash
    He did the monster*Sash
    The monster*Sash
    It was*flute band smash
    He did the*Sash
    It*was done*in a flash
    He did the*Sash
    He did the monster*Sash.

From my*seat*in the*stand of the Jewel of the*East
    To the*chill of*Killie*where the vampires feast
    A few*Ayrshire*ghouls*came from their humble abodes
    To get a jolt from*a Boyler goal

Boyd*did the*Sash
    He did*the monster*Sash
    The monster*Sash
    A Neanderthal*smash
    They did the*Sash
    It*was done*in a flash
    They did the*Sash
    They did the monster*Sash
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry about some of the weird formatting. Wrote the report on my phone. Will edit out some of the odd asterisks in the morning. That's what happens when you try to write up some of the report at half time to save time when you get home. Emailed it to a pal to make sure i didnt lose it. Copied it from that, so possibly the reason for the odd formatting.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree with the fitba content, no sure about the song?

I thought Marciano was man of the match for us, he was fantastic.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1824 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for report, missed it tonight due to guising commitments and my dads 80th birthday party, yes he was on the pitch 21.5.16.
    until the sky turns green

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report, thanks for that. Even the song couldn't put a dent in it

Actually, I quite liked the song anaw
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3382 Post(s)
    vCash
    Three on the bounce now! Getting a bit weirded out by how good we seem to be at the minute.

Cheers as ever for report, @SKII - two on the bounce for you. Who's on the Fundee game?
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three on the bounce now! Getting a bit weirded out by how good we seem to be at the minute.

Cheers as ever for report, @SKII - two on the bounce for you. Who's on the Fundee game?
    @jock3 is Saturday

Yep, with Celtc "away" twice, Motherwell and Killie in the space of 3 days, it's been a busy time on the road. Looking forward to reading jock3 and Hammi's reports before it's me again at Hamilton

I'll be the Zombie nation today at work though...4 hours sleep. But worth every minute of the 2 + hours drive there and the long road back through roadworks. What numpty does roadworks on the night the Dodgers are playing the CL?

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I agree with the fitba content, no sure about the song? I thought Marciano was man of the match for us, he was fantastic.
    Yip rocky for me. A few excellent saves that stopped goals

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Brilliant Hibs & brilliant @SKII

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    SDG didn't look too assured at times but still set up the first two goals with great crosses and should have buried a header to make it 0-2.

On another day we could have dropped at least a point but we've deserved a bit of luck and more importantly our better standard of player was the difference in creating clear cut chances and converting them. Big Rocky did the damage with some good stops matched only by the woodwork which saved us 3 times.

Just need to make sure we don't slip up against Dundee and pick up 3 points which will have us right up there. A 2 week break for the players will be a good thing for some as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd disagree with Barker having a poor game which I feel is a tad harsh. He got forward and like Boyle was a handful for the Killie defence. It's just his final ball he needs to work on.

Also Sir David had x2 assists. He put two super crosses in, esp the one which landed on SJM's nut which was sublime. I'm glad we have at least one fullback that can cross a ball . Sir David also unlucky not to be on the score sheet hitting the post.

Possibly one of the best games I've seen Marciano play. Was kind of on the fence really about his abilities. Starting to shine through since having a little break.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    I'd disagree with Barker having a poor game which I feel is a tad harsh. He got forward and like Boyle was a handful for the Killie defence. It's just his final ball he needs to work on.
    That's the thing. Often he DIDNT get forward. He just wasn't at it for me. We had a few break aways in the first half and Lewy was looking for an out, looks to see where Barker was and he was still in our half? Boyle was far more effective?

Also Sir David had x2 assists. He put two super crosses in, esp the one which landed on SJM's nut which was sublime. I'm glad we have at least one fullback that can cross a ball . Sir David also unlucky not to be on the score sheet hitting the post.
    Yes, he did. Other aspects of his game were less impressive. It was an okay performance, overall.

Possibly one of the best games I've seen Marciano play. Was kind of on the fence really about his abilities. Starting to shine through since having a little break.
    He's always been a great shot stopper though. That part of his game has never been in doubt. It's the decision making that was a little ropey before his rest. Good to see him play so well.

This run has been built on a rock solid centre half partnership over the last 3 games, backed up by Marvin being in his most consistent form in a Hibs strip, letting "his little puppies" play. I hope people who turn up on Saturday don't expect Hibs to just turn up and get three points, though.

To go into the international break, having bagged 12 points in 10 days would be unreal.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    That's the thing. Often he DIDNT get forward. He just wasn't at it for me. We had a few break aways in the first half and Lewy was looking for an out, looks to see where Barker was and he was still in our half? Boyle was far more effective?

Yes, he did. Other aspects of his game were less impressive. It was an okay performance, overall.

He's always been a great shot stopper though. That part of his game has never been in doubt. It's the decision making that was a little ropey before his rest. Good to see him play so well.

This run has been built on a rock solid centre half partnership over the last 3 games, backed up by Marvin being in his most consistent form in a Hibs strip, letting "his little puppies" play. I hope people who turn up on Saturday don't expect Hibs to just turn up and get three points, though.

To go into the international break, having bagged 12 points in 10 days would be unreal.
    I just hope the players don't just turn up on Saturday expecting 3 points!!!

I don't think NL will be allowing that though.

Thanks for the report SK
    Space to let

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG_07 View Post
    I'd disagree with Barker having a poor game which I feel is a tad harsh. He got forward and like Boyle was a handful for the Killie defence. It's just his final ball he needs
    I cannae agree, if he gave what Boyle offers, effort for 90 minutes, willing to always take a man on, runs at players, plenty of skill, a decent strike on him and scores goals, then I might. Barker currently beats a man once or twice in a game and is invisible the rest of the time.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'd rather be lucky than good was my answer to a Killie pal who asked how his team didn't even get a goal. We were a bit of both last night with good goals, saves from Rocky and lucky that Killie were a few inches off with their finishing.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3382 Post(s)
    vCash
    Killie are at the home of rugby this weekend, eh? Fancy them to get a result there and heap more pressure on Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    I cannae agree, if he gave what Boyle offers, effort for 90 minutes, willing to always take a man on, runs at players, plenty of skill, a decent strike on him and scores goals, then I might. Barker currently beats a man once or twice in a game and is invisible the rest of the time.
    I'm supportive of Barker but my posts have said he plays on fringes of the game and needs to impose himself more. Didn't get involved enough last night and was or. Still young player learning his trade

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    I'm supportive of Barker but my posts have said he plays on fringes of the game and needs to impose himself more. Didn't get involved enough last night and was or. Still young player learning his trade
    I think you are right, but he hides too much for me.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Unbeaten away from home ( excluding neutral Hampden) for 8 months now? Lennon really is making us hard to beat.

Cheers for the report, spent most of yesterday evening in ward 207 of the infirmary, not ideal.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1932 Post(s)
    vCash
    killie probably deserved something from that game....nuts to say when hibs won 3nil

their pressing was better than ours - our players looked leggy at times - and that was 30 minutes in.

say what you want about boyd (and folks no doubt will) but he won his fair share, some unlucky headers towards goals, but it was his knockdowns going a begging that benefitted hibs too.

every hibs player did their job, but not that next gear and not always the "team" ethos we've seen recently.

hibs : 3 shots on target 3 goals.

them : rocky made 3+ good saves, they hit post x 2, they hit bar, they had a decent penalty shout....and honestly I wouldn't say our defence played badly!

if killie are decent odd against the puddledrinkers it would be worth a thought.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Unbeaten away from home ( excluding neutral Hampden) for 8 months now? Lennon really is making us hard to beat.

Cheers for the report, spent most of yesterday evening in ward 207 of the infirmary, not ideal.
    Hope all's OK M.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1932 Post(s)
    vCash

and dylan - if you are reading this - s h o o t!!!!

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    845 Post(s)
    vCash
    From most reports I've heard from my cronies, Hibs weren't flattered by the scoreline - they were flattered by the result. Kilmarnock deserved something from the game, from what I'm being told.

The biggest difference was that last night we weren't profligate in front of goal and took our chances when they arrived.

Sound way off?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    killie probably deserved something from that game....nuts to say when hibs won 3nil

their pressing was better than ours - our players looked leggy at times - and that was 30 minutes in.

say what you want about boyd (and folks no doubt will) but he won his fair share, some unlucky headers towards goals, but it was his knockdowns going a begging that benefitted hibs too.

every hibs player did their job, but not that next gear and not always the "team" ethos we've seen recently.

them : rocky made 3+ good saves, they hit post x 2, they hit bar, they had a decent penalty shout....and honestly I wouldn't say our defence played badly!

if killie are decent odd against the puddledrinkers it would be worth a thought.
    I don't give a thingy about Killie!

But how often do we dominate a game, pepper their goal and come away having been mugged 1-0? Too blummin often!

About time we had a bit of luck like that and I'm sure Lennon will be working the players hard so they can be even luckier in future :-)

- - - Updated - - -

PS I'm thinking Killie were one of the teams that's regularly mugged us in the past!
    Space to let

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5643 Post(s)
    vCash

David Gray hit the post?

You missed Boyd's constant pushing which with ref in the orange shirt let him away with all night?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1932 Post(s)
    vCash
    David Gray hit the post?

You missed Boyd's constant pushing which with ref in the orange shirt let him away with all night?
    only saw the SDG post on the highlights - wasn't clear from where i was sitting

Boyd - thats what he does?

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought Barker had a poor game, which is annoying, as he has the skill, but seems reluctant to use it. There were times when he was strolling around the pitch, not trying to get back, follow the winger etc. In the second half he had a couple of good runs, beating players, but not often enough. Lennon was going nuts ( so what else is new?), but it must be frustrating to know he has the talent but seems lazy. Compare Boyle and Lewis who will run all night.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Any ideas why Whittaker wisnae there?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1932 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    was in the stand - saw that in the highlights

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    K wonder why he wisnae stripped, done well last few games.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    vCash
    K wonder why he wisnae stripped, done well last few games.
    I thought it may have been to do with the pitch at Rugby Park?
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I thought Barker had a poor game, which is annoying, as he has the skill, but seems reluctant to use it. There were times when he was strolling around the pitch, not trying to get back, follow the winger etc. In the second half he had a couple of good runs, beating players, but not often enough. Lennon was going nuts ( so what else is new?), but it must be frustrating to know he has the talent but seems lazy. Compare Boyle and Lewis who will run all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    I thought it may have been to do with the pitch at Rugby Park?
    Maybe Barker was $#@! scared of the pitch?
    Space to let

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    Either he didn’t want to play on that pitch or Lennon just wanted to give him a rest, think he will be back in the fold for Saturday,
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    vCash
    Back injury

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6657 Post(s)
    vCash

10/3 @ Willie Hills - That's decent enough to consider a bet. Hibees at home to Dumpdee are 2/5 so not worth touching.
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

GoGO Back To Forum