Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash

Lennon, tactics and making the most of the injury situation

Lennon has shown real tactical nous this week in delivering two fantastic wins, courtesy of formations that were formulated to counter two sides that could have caused us problems. Hats off to his derby win, the preparation and application of his team. Today, the unexpected again today in terms of formation but using the same 11 bodies and it worked a treat.

Credit where it is well and truly due. I don't expect that everyone will see it that way, though...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5641 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon has shown real tactical nous this week in delivering two fantastic wins, courtesy of formations that were formulated to counter two sides that could have caused us problems. Hats off to his derby win, the preparation and application of his team. Today, the unexpected again today in terms of formation but using the same 11 bodies and it worked a treat.

Credit where it is well and truly due. I don't expect that everyone will see it that way, though...
    Just said so on your Just Back, Lenny really is the real deal.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Capital Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1610 Post(s)
    vCash

Anyone who had any doubts should really look at themselves, natural winner who studies his opponents massively and knows exactly how to set us up against them, top class manager.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

Rock n' Roll Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lenny is the real deal, and will take us forward. The big thing for me is that he learns from things that didn’t work, and makes the changes required. He’s ruthless, but it’s clear the players respect him and there’s a strong bond among the group.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Lenny is the real deal, and will take us forward. The big thing for me is that he learns from things that didn’t work, and makes the changes required. He’s ruthless, but it’s clear the players respect him and there’s a strong bond among the group.
    So obvious at the end of the game today when he and the players came over at the end.

There are definitely some Hibs fans who are waiting for him to slip up or simply for us to have a game where we don't win and they're out from the woodwork to claim they are "telling you so" but they don't make themselves known when the very good stuff is going on. Looking at the injuries we currently have, he is doing very well to manage what he has at his disposal. And he has taken McGinn and McGeouch on to the next level.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    We are deffo looking a little tired imo, a few changes are needed for Tuesday’s game, maybe play same formation but bring Danny (if fit) in for Barker and maybe David Gray back in for Whitaker.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Rock n' Roll Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    So obvious at the end of the game today when he and the players came over at the end.

There are definitely some Hibs fans who are waiting for him to slip up or simply for us to have a game where we don't win and they're out from the woodwork to claim they are "telling you so" but they don't make themselves known when the very good stuff is going on. Looking at the injuries we currently have, he is doing very well to manage what he has at his disposal. And he has taken McGinn and McGeouch on to the next level.
    Totally agree, I think he’s taken Paul Hanlon to another level as well.

I was critical of his choice to stick with Laidlaw and not have more of a go in the semi final, but I don’t doubt his ability as a manager. We’re lucky to have him.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    vCash
    Can't help but think that the stokes injury (if he is)
    Has helped lennon select the team he's put out the last twice and it's worked big time

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    We rarely credit Garry Parker.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    276 Post(s)
    vCash
    A delight to have a proper experienced skilled knowledgeable manager who will change things and also who will fight for our great club.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Teams like the Huns who persevere with 2 strikers and two widemen are living in dark ages tactically. Lennon has embraced the modern tactical side of football with two fast wide guys and a single striker at the central point of attack. When Swanson comes back we'll have another who can fit into this formation. I'm enjoying watching Hibs with our lightning pace up front and as creative a midfield as we could hope for. Lennon's team are exciting to watch and have got me going to away games now as well. Cant praise him high enough.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    Another clean sheet, very good performance
    until the sky turns green

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    We are deffo looking a little tired imo, a few changes are needed for Tuesday’s game, maybe play same formation but bring Danny (if fit) in for Barker and maybe David Gray back in for Whitaker.
    Same team as yesterday if possible. Two games, two clean sheets and wins. No need to tinker

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Same team as yesterday if possible. Two games, two clean sheets and wins. No need to tinker Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I agree, if possible as you say but some players were deffo looking tired in the last 20 minuets, Barker being the main one, I think Stokesy will be back in the starting 11 on Tuesday though.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2483 Post(s)
    vCash
    The thing which has really pleased me is that we have achieved some very good league results recently including a couple of clean sheets with two of our main defenders Fontaine and McGregor being out long term. In a way we have been fortunate that neither Hanlon or Efe Ambrose have had injuries as well, but nonetheless it is a measure of how well both of them have done in holding things together at the back. It's also a credit to the manager and his staff who will have worked hard on the training ground organising the revamped defensive unit. I know we lost four against Celtic but you can't legislate for individual defensive and goalkeeping errors happening during a match. I think Ross Laidlaw is a promising keeper but his inexperience showed at Hampden and in retrospect it was probably the wrong call from the manager to play him.

Stokes absence has not stopped us winning the last two games, but he remains our most potent striker and our biggest goal threat. He has the experience and the quality that none of our other strikers possess, and I think when he is fully fit he will be back in. As I have said before however we still lack a reliable penalty-box goalscorer and I hope we have our eye on one for January...even if it's just a short term deal till the end of the season. We are still not scoring enough goals as a team.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 29-10-17 at 21:40.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    I'm surprised that anyone would doubt that Lennon is the real deal after our performances this season.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    The thing which has really pleased me is that we have achieved some very good league results recently including couple of clean sheets with two of our main defenders Fontaine and McGregor being out long term. In a way we have been fortunate that neither Hanlon or Efe Ambrose have had injuries as well, but nonetheless it is a measure of how well both of them have done in holding things together at the back. It's also a credit to the manager and his staff who will have worked hard on the training ground organising the revamped defensive unit. I know we lost four against Celtic but you can't legislate for individual defensive and goalkeeping errors happening during a match. I think Ross Laidlaw is a promising keeper but his inexperience showed at Hampden and in retrospect it was probably the wrong call from the manager to play him.

Stokes absence has not stopped us winning the last two games, but he remains our most potent striker and our biggest goal threat. He has the experience and the quality that none of our other strikers possess, and I think when he is fully fit he will be back in. As I have said before however we still lack a reliable penalty-box goalscorer and I hope we have our eye on one for January...even if it's just a short term deal till the end of the season. We are still not scoring enough goals as a team.
    I looked at the stats a few days ago.

In retrospect it's no big deal for a team to lose 4 or more against celtc, domestically it's happened on more than 20 odd occasions over this season and last. On the other hand on only 6 occasions have they conceded 2 or more, twice against us.

They're in a different class and even against them we've done well.

I still think in many ways we're still finding our feet in this league. The last month I think has seen us individually and collectively become much more streetwise while playing well.

We can get better. Lennon can take us there.

But therein lies the rub. The better we become, individually and collectively, the more other clubs will be looking at our players. Just yesterday we were fretting about getting Dylan tied up. Today there's newspapers linking Hanlon with a move down south. When Effe signed there were rumours he'd be off sooner rather than later when work permit issues were resolved and we know a number of English clubs will be forming a neat line outside the West come January with offers for Super! And there's Stokes!!!!!

Injuries might be the least of our problems moving on!

Rock n' Roll Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I looked at the stats a few days ago.

In retrospect it's no big deal for a team to lose 4 or more against celtc, domestically it's happened on more than 20 odd occasions over this season and last. On the other hand on only 6 occasions have they conceded 2 or more, twice against us.

They're in a different class and even against them we've done well.

I still think in many ways we're still finding our feet in this league. The last month I think has seen us individually and collectively become much more streetwise while playing well.

We can get better. Lennon can take us there.

But therein lies the rub. The better we become, individually and collectively, the more other clubs will be looking at our players. Just yesterday we were fretting about getting Dylan tied up. Today there's newspapers linking Hanlon with a move down south. When Effe signed there were rumours he'd be off sooner rather than later when work permit issues were resolved and we know a number of English clubs will be forming a neat line outside the West come January with offers for Super! And there's Stokes!!!!!

Injuries might be the least of our problems moving on!
    Some good points there and it’s inevitable that the better we do, the more interest will grow in our players and manager.

That said, I have more faith in our football department than ever before and believe they will ensure that suitable replacements are brought in as required. When McGinn goes, hopefully not until the summer, there will be a good sum of money received which can go back into the team.

I’m also hopeful that we will finally see some younger players step up from the academy as it has to start producing first team players on a more regular basis.

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1656 Post(s)
    vCash
    You can guarantee the media will be unsettling our players because we're a threat to the duopoly.
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lennon is doing a fantastic job and I have more faith in him delivering consistent performances(and results)than any manager since GJP, he continually drives players on from the touch line and is not afraid to let players know that he is not happy with them, or applaud their efforts. Top 6 is a fine achievement for a newly promoted team, I expect us to finish top 4.

Win our next 2 games, not easy but definitely achievable, and we are 3rd no matter how other results go. GGTTH.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash

Not sure about that. I never make any secret of the fact I'm not a fan of him or his public persona, the sour taste of his performances for Celtc against Hibs still linger. There's no doubt he's professional enough to want the very best for Hibs, which is the minimum demand given his job,and he's doing is pretty good up until now. He's doing the job I want him to do, I hope it continues until he leaves Hibs.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3382 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Not sure about that. I never make any secret of the fact I'm not a fan of him or his public persona, the sour taste of his performances for Celtc against Hibs still linger. There's no doubt he's professional enough to want the very best for Hibs, which is the minimum demand given his job,and he's doing is pretty good up until now. He's doing the job I want him to do, I hope it continues until he leaves Hibs.
    Is that right, M? Personally, I had my reservations when he was appointed - it didn't escape my attention that I'd been calling him a nippy ginger scrote for years - but over the course of his time at Hibs I've really warmed to him. Honest, perceptive analyses of games, and not prepared to give an inch if he feels we're being treated unfairly, which I think is something we've all been crying out for for years.

Maybe it'll just take you a bit longer
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Is that right, M? Personally, I had my reservations when he was appointed - it didn't escape my attention that I'd been calling him a nippy ginger scrote for years - but over the course of his time at Hibs I've really warmed to him. Honest, perceptive analyses of games, and not prepared to give an inch if he feels we're being treated unfairly, which I think is something we've all been crying out for for years.

Maybe it'll just take you a bit longer
    Aye man, still not bought into how great a guy he's suddenly become since becoming our manager. He's clearly doing a reasonable job, and credit for that, I support him fully in the challenges he faces as our coach.He obviously knows the game, knows how to set up a team - could probably make changes a wee bit quicker, but that's an age old shout from the terraces to any manager of any team- and he's a winner.

I still think he's a bit of $#@!, but he's our $#@! and will therefore get my backing.Until he leaves.

By way of comparison, was at Man Utd on Saturday- a sorry tale for another time- and clearly Mourinho is a $#@!, but to United fans, he's their $#@! and will therefore get their backing- as long as he's winning football matches. Same could have been applied to Ferguson. A $#@!, but a successful one.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Aye man, still not bought into how great a guy he's suddenly become since becoming our manager. He's clearly doing a reasonable job, and credit for that, I support him fully in the challenges he faces as our coach.He obviously knows the game, knows how to set up a team - could probably make changes a wee bit quicker, but that's an age old shout from the terraces to any manager of any team- and he's a winner.

I still think he's a bit of $#@!, but he's our $#@! and will therefore get my backing.Until he leaves.

By way of comparison, was at Man Utd on Saturday- a sorry tale for another time- and clearly Mourinho is a $#@!, but to United fans, he's their $#@! and will therefore get their backing- as long as he's winning football matches. Same could have been applied to Ferguson. A $#@!, but a successful one.
    "Reasonable job" sounds a wee bit grudging! I loathed Lennon when he was Celtc player and manager. And it used to piss me off that the opinion was disliking him was through some sectarian/racial prism. I'm sure for some it was but for the majority like us Hibby's it was for me because he was an annoying provocative wee ****!! However, since becoming our manager I have changed my opinion on him. I welcomed his appointment not so much that I felt he was a top manager but because I recognised his winning mentality was needed to get us up. However, I've grown to like him and furthermore respect him more as a manager. I think thus far he's done an excellent job.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    "Reasonable job" sounds a wee bit grudging! I loathed Lennon when he was Celtc player and manager. And it used to piss me off that the opinion was disliking him was through some sectarian/racial prism. I'm sure for some it was but for the majority like us Hibby's it was for me because he was an annoying provocative wee ****!! However, since becoming our manager I have changed my opinion on him. I welcomed his appointment not so much that I felt he was a top manager but because I recognised his winning mentality was needed to get us up. However, I've grown to like him and furthermore respect him more as a manager. I think thus far he's done an excellent job.
    Fairly sure as a Hibby I don't grudge the manager of Hibs any kind of success. That would be weird.

An excellent job would be beating Celtc and getting to the League cup final.An excellent job wouldn't include getting gubbed 3-1 at home to Hamilton.Last season was a tough watch, I went to loads of games,home and away and it was tough to watch.Not excellent. He's doing a reasonable job, Although I guess that depends on expectations?

And I've only commented on this because I've been vocal on here about not liking him. There's a difference to not liking him and hoping he does poorly and waiting for the chance to say told you so.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2483 Post(s)
    vCash
    To be honest, I have never been all that interested in managers personalities, how they come over in the media, or how they possibly behaved at some previous club. I'm only interested in their abilities to win football matches. As it happens I always liked and admired Neil Lennon as a person even before he took the Hibs job, although I do accept he irritates some people. As a coach I thought he done a great job at Celtic, and he walked away from them when he felt he had done as much as he could there. Made the mistake of taking a bad job at a basket case club like Bolton and Hibs have now given him the chance to get his managerial career back up and running again. So far he has done what he was hired to do. He comfortably achieved promotion last season and we have made a good start in our first season back in the top flight. There is still much work to be done and it remains to be seen how this season will pan out, but let's hope for the best. I reckon he will stick with Hibs for another season after this one to hopefully re-establish the club in the top four and with some luck another cup win, then look to move back south or Celtic whichever comes around first.
    Last edited by Greenmachine; 30-10-17 at 19:46.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    I started liking him when he stood up while getting bullets and death threats, he clearly can go too far but he's just a emotionally driven guy. I can relate to that.

Then his work as a pundit showed how much he understands the game and I thought he came off well there.

And at Bolton I heard he was paying staff out his own pocket because the club was a mess, respect there.

His job here has been mostly successful, he has a never ending drive to succeed, he hates hearts and the rangers plus, I think he's really taken to us.
    He understands Scottish football and he'll give everything he's got for the cause.

That's virtually everything I want in a manager.
    Tbh I think if he had played for us we'd have loved him for the same reasons. A nasty winner is different when he's yours.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    vCash
    The most valuable thing that Lennon has brought to Hibs in my mind is his attitude, his willingness to fight his corner at all times and refusal to keep quiet when something needs saying - especially for the benefit of Hibs.

I'm all for doing things the 'right' way and all but Hibs have been far too passive as a club and fragile as a team for way too long. Lennon leads, is unfaltering and combative and I feel his attitude has rubbed off on his players.

Thank god, Hibs are no longer a soft touch, sometimes decent teams but with a soft centre.

He's a decent manager, tactically astute, bold and can be decisive at critical times, without being perfect, which manager is? It is the above though that he brings to Easter Road that is invaluable and a breath of fresh air. No more mister nice guys. Take us on and you'll get it right back - with interest. Good.

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fairly sure as a Hibby I don't grudge the manager of Hibs any kind of success. That would be weird.

An excellent job would be beating Celtc and getting to the League cup final.An excellent job wouldn't include getting gubbed 3-1 at home to Hamilton.Last season was a tough watch, I went to loads of games,home and away and it was tough to watch.Not excellent. He's doing a reasonable job, Although I guess that depends on expectations?

And I've only commented on this because I've been vocal on here about not liking him. There's a difference to not liking him and hoping he does poorly and waiting for the chance to say told you so.
    The same thread after a couple of poor results would have completely different viewpoints probably.
    It's how things work on the forums with managers or players going from hero to zero or vice versa in no time. There's also a big sheep mentality with plenty too easily influenced.

I'm fairly happy with how things stand with Lennon after the last two good results but prior to that thought he was just doing OK.

Top 4 will be a good outcome. Top 6 is on a par with last season's promotion - to be expected on our budget and no big deal.

Rgds

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    The same thread after a couple of poor results would have completely different viewpoints probably.It's how things work on the forums with managers or players going from hero to zero or vice versa in no time. There's also a big sheep mentality with plenty too easily influenced.I'm fairly happy with how things stand with Lennon after the last two good results but prior to that thought he was just doing OK. Top 4 will be a good outcome. Top 6 is on a par with last season's promotion - to be expected on our budget and no big deal.Rgds
    I like Lenny but anything less than top four is failure based on our resources. If gets third place then he's had an excellent season

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    I like Lenny but anything less than top four is failure based on our resources. If gets third place then he's had an excellent season
    Yet he has a smaller budget than four other sides?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    vCash
    Apart from the Hamilton game I can't say that I've come away feeling too pissed off at the team or management. Ok a bit disappointed not take 3 pts in a couple games or the 1 nil to Aberdeen but all in all if we keep up the momentum then we are going to be up there challenging for Europe place.

Lennon has made us a very hard team to beat which was not a bad starting point to campaign. Looks like the attack is now starting to show it's worth with pace and just about there with killing teams off.

Was a doubter at Lennon coming to Hibs but I really can't think of anyone else who could do the job or would want just now. He's not been here a season and a half and ER is a buzzing place to be.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think finishing in the top 5 would be a successful campaign, battling for 3rd with Rangers and Motherwell- who might yet slip away- and a good cup run in the SC I think would be good progress. An excellent season would be challenging Aberdeen for 2nd spot and continued dominance of the mutants in maroon. Add in a cup win and I'd *maybe* be happy if he stayed another season

No doubt he's pushing us in the right direction, players getting international call ups is evidence enough. Will be interesting to see what he does when DMac is fit...

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    776 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's hard to judge a manager until he's had a couple of seasons at least and ideally in the top league. Last season wasn't a classic but Lennon achieved what he set out to (and what we'd failed to do twice) and had a good cup run. He has built on a good squad, keeping key players, getting the best out of others and making some good additions. We've played well so far this season but we're not scoring enough to really challenge for 2nd/3rd and until recently we've been losing easy goals too often. On current form it's going to be a good season but too early to say whether we'll maintain that momentum.

I wasn't sure about his appointment but then I was happy with Butcher, so what do I know? I've definitely warmed to NL since his arrival and am happy with the progress he's made. Long may it continue.
    "Son, no one gives a shit about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Yet he has a smaller budget than four other sides?
    What four sides ?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    What four sides ?
    Celtc, The Rangers, Aberdeen & Gunts.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3382 Post(s)
    vCash
    First three defo bigger budgets, without a shadow of doubt. Reckon the Gunts' is still higher than ours, though?

(If it is, they havenae half spunked it on huddies )
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    First three defo bigger budgets, without a shadow of doubt. Reckon the Gunts' is still higher than ours, though?

Kylie L'farty is the main reason their squad is valued more than ours on Transfermarkt. If I recall correctly the admin for the Scottish leagues is/wiz a jambo!
    Space to let

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3182 Post(s)
    vCash
    Kylie L'farty is the main reason their squad is valued more than ours on Transfermarkt. If I recall correctly the admin for the Scottish leagues is/wiz a jambo!
    Their squad is valued at more than ours...wow... whoever compiled that must have shares in the gunts...
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash

Their total wage bill on that $#@! squad they have is bigger than ours most definitely. We are competitive though with them on what we can offer any available player hence why not losing out on Whittaker. And it's the first time it has been like that in some time. Aberdeen though are and do pay more than us and them. I think the Gunts because of their shambolic recruitment and out of control much delayed office eyesore are going to find it much tougher in the next few years to remain competitive. That said they have in the FOH something of a financial advantage over us.... I think we have a genuine opportunity to continue our dominance over them but we need to find a way of competing with that FOH cash cow IMHO.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    Their squad is valued at more than ours...wow... whoever compiled that must have shares in the gunts...
    Stats from the derby, which we won again!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc_heart-of-midlothian-fc/vorbericht/spielbericht/2903755
    Space to let

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agree apart from gorgie tramps also need to take into account large backrooom team e.g. Sorts science, strength and conditioning coach etc hence why less than forth is failure

- - - Updated - - -

No f ing danger scumbos squad valued more than ours .

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    I’m amazed anyone pays the slightest bit of attention to Transfermarkt and not sure of the relevance to this discussion either.

Hertz are pish so they aren’t part of my consideration as to a decent achievement this season. Top 4 and challenging for third for a good while.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2065 Post(s)
    vCash
    Their total wage bill on that $#@! squad they have is bigger than ours most definitely. We are competitive though with them on what we can offer any available player hence why not losing out on Whittaker. And it's the first time it has been like that in some time. Aberdeen though are and do pay more than us and them. I think the Gunts because of their shambolic recruitment and out of control much delayed office eyesore are going to find it much tougher in the next few years to remain competitive. That said they have in the FOH something of a financial advantage over us.... I think we have a genuine opportunity to continue our dominance over them but we need to find a way of competing with that FOH cash cow IMHO.
    That is not strictly right, Smurf...

Wage Bill for SPFL 2016

1 Celtic (£717,860)

2 Rangers (£316,888)

3 Aberdeen (£134,670) - £2590 average

4 Hearts (£86,890) - £1671 average

5 Dundee (£61,837)

6 Inverness (£53,345)

7 Motherwell (£49,335)

8 Kilmarnock (£48,950)

9 Ross County (£47,515)

10 St Johnstone (£47,206)

11 Partick Thistle (£42,671)

12 Hamilton (£42,606)

Hibs aren't in the 2016 Sporting Intelligence survey for some reason that season but are in previous which can give you a guide to what we pay.

So in 2015, Hibs total and average was £102,199 (£1,965) Aberdeen was £140,699 (£2,706) Gunts was £64,000 (£1,231)

In 2014 they paid more than us and Aberdeen...Gunts £166,686 (£3,206) Aberdeen £157,721 (£3,033) Hibs £133,397 (£2,565)

There is more survey's going back years if anybody wants to have a look? Just google Global Sports Surveys and the year you want.

Edit: Just been searching past years and it's scary what the gunts were paying with Romanov methods...

Heart of Midlothian SPL £275,837 (£5,305)
    Aberdeen SPL £151,130 (£2,906)
    Hibernian SPL £145,811 (£2,804)

Heart of Midlothian SPL £328,104 (£6,310)
    Hibernian SPL £172,728 (£3,322)
    Aberdeen SPL £156,094 (£3,002)
    Last edited by beefy; 01-11-17 at 12:02.

GoGO Back To Forum