Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What's the real reason for the whinging attacks on our ticket sales?

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash

What's the real reason for the whinging attacks on our ticket sales?

The press are still at it today saying WE cost all 4 clubs an extra £60k plus each through us not selling out.

Celtc didn't sell all their tickets either, did they? There were definitely spaces in their end and there were plenty fans outside Hampden trying to sell Celtc end tickets in ths street?

Is it simply a deflection whinge? Or is it a fake pantomime protest because the Orcs sold way more than them? Or is it something else?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2505 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The press are still at it today saying WE cost all 4 clubs an extra £60k plus each through us not selling out.

Celtc didn't sell all their tickets either, did they? There were definitely spaces in their end and there were plenty fans outside Hampden trying to sell Celtc end tickets in ths street?

Is it simply a deflection whinge? Or is it a fake pantomime protest because the Orcs sold way more than them? Or is it something else?
    What was the official attendance yesterday?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4251 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    What was the official attendance yesterday?
    Think I saw 38k somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Attendance:
    Space to let

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    617 Post(s)
    vCash
    The real story should be that important football matches like this shouldn’t be rescheduled to awkward times to suit TV schedules. Remember the sheep never filled their end for the semi last year. It’s virtually impossible for staggies to make a mid-day kickoff in the South without an overnight and yet these matches are regularly rescheduled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1656 Post(s)
    vCash
    The Hun compliant media will have been told that they need big paydays to keep the club afloat. If, by Hibs failing to sell out our end, it means there's pressure on the The Rangers' finances then $#@!ing great.
    Game's rigged, why bother?

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bofahibee View Post
    The real story should be that important football matches like this shouldn’t be rescheduled to awkward times to suit TV schedules. Remember the sheep never filled their end for the semi last year. It’s virtually impossible for staggies to make a mid-day kickoff in the South without an overnight and yet these matches are regularly rescheduled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with this. If they want to find a scapegoat they need to look a bit closer to home.

There is no appetite for football kicking off at around midday, it will discourage many and as pointed out above it will make it expensive or impossible for others.

The ball is in their court and Hibs owe them nothing.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2072 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post

How much did Celtc cost all 4 clubs when they lost to Ross County in the LC Semi just 2 years ago? For the record there was a paltry crowd of 22,130 at Hampden that day. Us? We played and won the other Semi at a full capacity Tiny.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Agree with this. If they want to find a scapegoat they need to look a bit closer to home.There is no appetite for football kicking off at around midday, it will discourage many and as pointed out above it will make it expensive or impossible for others.The ball is in their court and Hibs owe them nothing.
    Lunchtime ko against Aberdeen there were 18k hibs fans. Hibs fans didn't turn up yesterday because high chance we would lose. It was a rubbish support in terms of numbers. Yes there were genuine reasons why fans could not make it.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2072 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thinking more on this, If it is a Hun compliant media agenda to have a go at Hibs? Then seeing as I've posted Celtc Semi stats which prove that more fans would not turn out, then it's only fair to look at the Hun Semi crowds this century when playing a team that isn't Celtc to see how they match up...

2011 Motherwell 23,432
    2010 St Johnstone 17,371
    2009 Falkirk 24,507
    2008 Gunts 31,989
    2005 Dundee Utd 25,622
    2004 Hibs 27,954

Neither one of them have topped the crowd yesterday. It was the highest non OF Semi since 19fuckin94!

This furore is nothing more than anti Hibs bias. Plain & simple. The only time Hampden is near to full for LC Semis is when the gruesome twosome play each other. Hardly mindblowing stuff is it?

Maple Leaf Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Lunchtime ko against Aberdeen there were 18k hibs fans. Hibs fans didn't turn up yesterday because high chance we would lose. It was a rubbish support in terms of numbers. Yes there were genuine reasons why fans could not make it.
    I agree that it wasn't the sole reason for poor numbers yesterday but it was a large contributory factor. I would stand by the assertion that less will turn up for an early kick-off than a later one comparatively, for all sorts of reasons.

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    vCash
    Because it's Scottish football. If there isn't something trivial to get all frothy at the mouth about then what's the point?
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1540 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think if Celtic could have sold more tickets then it’s pretty nuts that hibs tickets were sold in such a way that sections couldn’t be passed back.

Except if hibs hadn’t had north stand tickets they might well have sold less because it’s a stinking view in the east and west stands.

Hampden isn’t fit for purpose and they could have played it at murrayfield to get more people in. But the evidence clearly suggests that even if Celtic had had another 10k tickets they wouldn’t have sold them.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    Thinking more on this, If it is a Hun compliant media agenda to have a go at Hibs? Then seeing as I've posted Celtc Semi stats which prove that more fans would not turn out, then it's only fair to look at the Hun Semi crowds this century when playing a team that isn't Celtc to see how they match up...

2011 Motherwell 23,432
    2010 St Johnstone 17,371
    2009 Falkirk 24,507
    2008 Gunts 31,989
    2005 Dundee Utd 25,622
    2004 Hibs 27,954

Neither one of them have topped the crowd yesterday. It was the highest non OF Semi since 19fuckin94!

This furore is nothing more than anti Hibs bias. Plain & simple. The only time Hampden is near to full for LC Semis is when the gruesome twosome play each other. Hardly mindblowing stuff is it?
    Good post.

I think there are a few dynamics at work here; it can be viewed from a few perspectives.

Is the £60k of major concern to Celtic? No. Rangers/Motherwell? Possibly, but only if their own financial management is so bad that they might have budgeted for a particular sum.

To some extent, Celtic will be irritated that a) they didn’t get everything they wanted in the negotiations; b) their pals from Ibrox will have outsold them.

At the root of it all, in my opinion, is the media’s dislike of our chairman. He’s clearly unpopular with various members of the fourth estate; Keith Jackson clearly hates him and makes no secret of that. I suspect that enmity goes back to the Brown/Thomson/McKay/Jackson saga. It won’t have helped his mood that Hibs stuffed his beloved Sevco last May. Whenever the SFA are perceived as being deserving of criticism, Jackson names our chairman.

The BBC seem to be in broad agreement with the tabloid press’ view too, albeit in a watered down way. I think this is because of the lack of cooperation Hibs have given them over the years. In short, Hibs don’t play ball with them or allow them to dictate agendas.

As someone said before, the layout of Hampden makes effective ‘staged’ segregation difficult. That’s not Hibs’ fault.

P

Radge Private Member

as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1161 Post(s)
    vCash
    Does anyone know what the to company pays to televise the semi? If it wasn't on to tv , and there fore a 3 pm kick off , with a £20/£10 ticket then I'm pretty sure it would have been near to capacity.
    The bus loads leaving from Edinburgh, Dundee, Fife etc , going to see either of the ugly sisters yesterday and today explain more about the fan share over Scottish fitba . I've had ( as I'm sure we all have) non Glaswegian ugly sister fans give me a hard time in the past of our failure to sell all our tickets. They don't really get the irony of their comments and their arrogance , or should I say stupidity knows no bounds.
    I usually answer with " I was there, were you? " and the subject changes . My faviroute line to most of them is " I bet I've been to more Celtic/sevco games than you. The steam starts pouring out the ears at this point .
    All they ever really want to do is play each other and have a bigot fest. I'd be happy to let them do carry on . Scottish fitba is pretty crap with them around, I don't see it getting any worse if they weren't around .

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2072 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Easy now. 11,000 against either of the OF is hardly rubbish. In actual fact, It's above the norm and always has been against them. And that goes for every club in Scotland. Only the gunts and the Dons would have come close to matching 11,000 in BOTH cup comps at Hampden Of course more peeps turn out for a winnable game and of course more peeps don't bother when they think we are going to lose. And we usually do.

7k odd against the Huns in LCSF 2004 is rubbish. 9k odd against Ayr in LCSF 2002 is rubbish. 8k odd against Dunfermline in SCSFR 2007 is rubbish. 11k against the unbeatable champs of Scotland is perfectly fine. I've called the gunts the masters of having delusions of grandeur but sometimes we ourselves can spout some pish when it comes to crowds.

No other team would have took much more than we did yesterday against them. Except the Huns.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well said Beefy, the Daily Record article is so contrived and it’s so obvious it’s only purpose is to have a pop at Hibs. I’m sure we’ll find similar negative articles written about the clubs involved in the lesser-attended semi finals you mentioned? Will we feck! Quite pissed off about this and someone like Tom English should know better.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2205 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just reply...well what to you expect from a wee team...they will be left with nothing to say

GoGO Back To Forum