Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Lennon Got That Wrong

  1. #51
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    487
    Laidlaw more than deserved his place yesterday.
    That's like saying we should've dropped Logan for the final because he wasn't our first choice that season.

    Laidlaw until yesterday had barely stepped a foot wrong, much more than could be said for Marciano up until this point this season, who's kicking, handling and decision making were pretty much terrible up until RL came into the first team.

    Hindsight eh.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  2. #52
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laidlaw more than deserved his place yesterday.That's like saying we should've dropped Logan for the final because he wasn't our first choice that season.Laidlaw until yesterday had barely stepped a foot wrong, much more than could be said for Marciano up until this point this season, who's kicking, handling and decision making were pretty much terrible up until RL came into the first team.Hindsight eh.
    Spot on. Rocky needs to dominate his box on Tuesday and come for crosses. We are weak on cross balls with no daz or fonts. Scumbos will bombard us.

  3. #53
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? Because you knew laidlaw would muck up? Rocky lost his place because of a few unconvincing performances and then a nightmare against Motherwell. Laidlaw had a couple of top drawer saves at Ross County, which stopped us getting beat, Rocky is not a squad regular for Israel and his last game for them versus Spain he had a mare. Big Dave is an international player who recently played against England . He didn't get stripped because he's been poor in training and rubbish for the 20s on Tuesday there
    Why bring Big Dave into it? A player that is absolutely obviously not rated?

    The facts are that Lennon regards Marciano as his number one. He is a far better goalkeeper than Laidlaw. Marciano is on a much more lucrative contract.

    In a semi final or final you need to go with your strongest 11.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laidlaw more than deserved his place yesterday.
    That's like saying we should've dropped Logan for the final because he wasn't our first choice that season.

    Laidlaw until yesterday had barely stepped a foot wrong, much more than could be said for Marciano up until this point this season, who's kicking, handling and decision making were pretty much terrible up until RL came into the first team.

    Hindsight eh.
    Oxley you will recall got his jersey back after Logan's heroics in the semi final. However, Oxley didn't give the manager confidence back in and was correctly dropped.

    Even had Logan had a nightmare in that glorious May day I doubt many would have said Oxley was much of a better option.

    We knew he was poor. We know Marciano isn't.

  4. #54
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laidlaw more than deserved his place yesterday.
    That's like saying we should've dropped Logan for the final because he wasn't our first choice that season.

    Laidlaw until yesterday had barely stepped a foot wrong, much more than could be said for Marciano up until this point this season, who's kicking, handling and decision making were pretty much terrible up until RL came into the first team.

    Hindsight eh.
    Disagree, decision to go with rookie keeper instead of our first choice goalie in a cup semi proved disastrous.
    until the sky turns green

  5. #55
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree, decision to go with rookie keeper instead of our first choice goalie in a cup semi proved disastrous.
    It's not the only area we lost the game.
    No point picking a scapegoat because we lost to Celtic.
    Time to move on.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  6. #56
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the only area we lost the game.
    No point picking a scapegoat because we lost to Celtic.
    Time to move on.
    Game was only yesterday...

    Will ' move on ' in due course, two semis under Lennon not been great.
    until the sky turns green

  7. #57
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1537 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game was only yesterday...

    Will ' move on ' in due course, two semis under Lennon not been great.
    I disagree - we turned up compared to some of the hapless witless and soul crushing visits prior. We were in both games until the very end - against the best two sides in Scotland. Apart from us.

  8. #58
    Radge Private Member

    tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    standing on the brink of history
    Posts
    5,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree - we turned up compared to some of the hapless witless and soul crushing visits prior. We were in both games until the very end - against the best two sides in Scotland. Apart from us.
    Aye we turned up, probably wouldn't have conceded four if manager had gone for our more experienced keeper.
    until the sky turns green

  9. #59
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye we turned up, probably wouldn't have conceded four if manager had gone for our more experienced keeper.
    He made saves as well, no idea what could've happened.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree - we turned up compared to some of the hapless witless and soul crushing visits prior. We were in both games until the very end - against the best two sides in Scotland. Apart from us.
    And hearts is only two days away. What's more important today?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. I was wrong..........
    By Briant in forum The Pie Stand
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-01-09, 12:59
  2. Just Wrong
    By beefy in forum Frenchman's Cowshed
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-07-07, 15:56
  3. Think they have this wrong
    By mclean in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-01-07, 15:13
  4. Right or wrong?
    By Bogie in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-10-06, 19:24
  5. I was Wrong
    By Steve20 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-09-06, 15:53

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •