Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash

Danny Swanson to link midflied and strikers

This season I've made an international subscription to Hibs Tv so I have the opportunity to watch a few games. I've watched the games vs Partick, Hamilton, Dundee, Celtic and Aberdeen. I think we are doing ok considering it's the first Premier League Season after 3 years, but obviously there is a lot to do to improve the team and reach the consistency a club as big as ours should have.

About last match I think we didn't link well between midfield and strikers for a long part of the game. Aberdeen played far more defensively, but looked more capable to create real danger. Stokes and Boyle didn't work at all between each other and Slivka didn't play his best game in a Hibs shirt.

As a frequent reader of the forum I know I may going to be umpopular saying so, but in my opinion Dylan Mc Geouch is not the right man to play as an attacking midfielder: he has rythm, but misses far too passes, some of them quite easy to be frank. I really enjoyed Danny Swanson in the game vs Partick Thistle, than I understand that he didn't go on playing as good as in the first game of the season. Saturday when he came on the pitch Hibs started to look far more dangerous. If I'd be in Lennon I'd play Swanson as a starter far more than he's doing. Sorry if some of my thoughts are not clear, I don't write in english very often!

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree that we need a more effective attacking midfielder to link up with Stokes but Swanson has disappointed me since he signed so I'm hoping with the off field issues sorted he can get a place in the team and do himself justice.

Not may will disagree with you about McGeouch as that is not his most effective position.

It's up to Lennon to find the best balance from the non defensive midfielders in McGinn, Boyle, Swanson, Slivka, McGeouch, Barker...........

Stokes on his own up front and coming deep to pick up the ball isn't any good as our midfield are seriously lacking attacking threat meaning there are too few bodies in the box.

We have good attacking options so it's up to Lennon to find the right formation and tactics and start getting results.

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree about McGeouch, but Danny has had a lot going on the last month and a bit. Dealing with that court case and all the stuff that will have brought back.

He'll start to settle into the team now though hopefully.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Baby Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash
    Living here in Milan I don't know much of the extra-fields issues. I understand it's something related to Shaun Woodburn's case? To me Danny looks a very smart player and has class. On the other hand he may not have the fitness to play the whole match, but you improve that mainly playing. He needs game time and a little bit of patience from the coaching staff and the fans.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think there's a player in there of which we have only seen glimpses. He is slight, so will depend on his speed, and therefore fitness, and he's not quite there yet. Sorry I think Dylan struggled higher up as he is more of a patient build up type.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree about McGeouch, but Danny has had a lot going on the last month and a bit. Dealing with that court case and all the stuff that will have brought back.

He'll start to settle into the team now though hopefully.
    I've been away for a few days but heard he's had a family bereavement since Saturday? He's not having it easy that's for sure...
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

GoGO Back To Forum