15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash

Just Back...Sheep game

Well. here we are for my shot.
    On a day where we lost 1-0 to Aberdeen and a day where I have absolutely no idea what happened at their goal. So bearing that in mind. Here we go.

We lined up in somewhat of a 4231 with Slivka sorta playing inside right and Boyle out wide on the left, McGeouch in the advanced position through the middle. I feel like Neil knew this would be a physical affair and this is how we ended up this way.

To the players.

Ross Laidlaw - As I said, I missed their goal but felt like he was comfortable throughout, made a really good save from an offside at one of their freekicks, kicking it long to Stokes isn't good enough but that's a team thing not his fault. I think he should stay as number one for the foreseeable as Marciano was looking a touch off pace before.

Stevenson - Up against Mackay Steven today and was booked for a very strong challenge on him in the first half, but that came from one of many, many terrible passes throughout this game. Outside of that I thought he was strong and defensively done almost everything we needed from him, GMS scored so I dunno what happened there. Going forward he was lacking a bit today, not a bad day though imo.

Hanlon - Sponsors MoM and one of my candidates too, coped very well with the presence of Rooney and May, matched them physically and played with a good mature head, won a lot of headers and challenges along with some decent passes to try and send us on our way, looks like him and Efe are forming a decent pairing.

Ambrose - Also pretty solid today, a bit less of his scary antics today but still some crackers, including a wee nutmeg. Won his headers and challenges and looks to be in good shape going forward.

Whittaker - Started off looking like he was up for the physicality of the game but completely faded in the second half, a couple good moments going up that right wing but there was one occasion where he completely fluffed it receiving his return pass and didn't even come close to chasing it back, gave up and trodded back, all the while Aberdeen went forward with 5 on 3. Looked $#@!ed after 63 minutes.

Bartley - My other contender for MoM, I thought he won most of his midfield battles and in the second half he done a lot of cleaning up when other players were caught out, today is the type of day we needed him on there, wasn't sure about taking him off with half an hour to go, considering 2 minutes earlier he saved us twice in about 5 minutes.

McGinn - Really tried to get us moving time and time again. Chopped down each and every chance they got. It was clear to see what the tactics from Aberdeen were and they worked, they targeted him and got away with it all game long. Can't fault John too much today, kept his head on a day where I probably wouldn't have.

Boyle - Started on the left and didn't really get much going, him and Stokes didn't click at all and it really caused us trouble trying to create something, much better when he went to the right later on in the game and did try to give the Aberdeen as many problems as he could. Very unlucky not to get on the end of a cross late on in the game, could've have had something there.

McGeouch - Doesn't look right in the advanced role, like others misplaced a lot of his passes but saw a lot of the ball. Looked a bit off the pace in the beginning and once we dropped him deeper later in the game he looked a bit more like himself. Not an attacking midfielder, think that was shown today, much prefer him in the center circle dictating.

Slivka - Not a great day for him for me, looked like someone who had played and traveled with his national team and I think it should be taken into account, another with many misplaced passes and didn't even look too strong up against Christie at times, he'll have better days, he made an effort and put one or two crosses in. Rightfully subbed, but should've been off before Bartley.

Stokes - Not his best day at all. Seemed to be blaming everyone around him for things that he got wrong and didn't really try to make up for other things that were going on around him, clever player, capable of a lot of really nice stuff, but just needs to do the basics sometimes. Rightly subbed but much too late.

Subs,

Barker came on first, for Bartley, which I disagreed with, didn't really do too much when he was playing on the left, moved central when Swanson came on and saw alot of the ball, good with it at his feet but when it was time to release the ball he didn't do great for me.

Swanson came on second for Slivka and went to the left midfield spot, saw a bit of the ball, twisted and turned but didn't quite make it, he still needs some time to settle in and now that all the outside factors will calm down I hope we'll get to see more of him, potentially a good player for us. Would rather have seen him take the central role over Barker though.

Murray came on much too late for Stokes and caused Aberdeen problems, chasing and rushing them but by that points they had all their men lined up in the box and he couldn't impact enough.

Lennon, I understand his thinking for his team, not that I agree, but he knew what he was up against and I think he tried to counter that instead of trusting us to go and play our own game.
    Subs weren't rightly timed or ordered from my perspective but had we managed to steal a goal late on I might not have said too much

Referee, was incredibly inconsistent, 7/8 times when McGinn turned and tried to drive us forward he was fouled, resulting in 1 booking. The one and only time John makes the exact same foul as he's been hit with all game, booked.
    Stevie May 100% should've been off for that tackle on Boyle from where I was sitting, there was a tackle seconds before that I thought was a bit much then that second one was a shocker, nowhere near the ball, no chance of getting near the ball and completely took him out. Could've done damage, lucky he didn't.
    He allowed them to waste time the whole second half and even thought he gave us 5 minutes added time, he let them away with it.
    He did however make 2 good decision, one not to award a foul for a diving sheep and another calling play back for a foul against us that was well before any normal advantage would have went.

Aberdeen, came out with a game plan and executed, they look like a team who know what they're doing and used every man very well, didn't really deserve to beat us and a draw probably would have been fair on the day.
    But I left feeling like they were dirty $#@!s happy to kill time from the 47th minute onwards.

Crowd, 19003 I think he said? 13000 season tickets sold. Good signs. Why did we leave that upper section empty in the south?

Man of the match from me still eventually goes to Bartley, he does alot of the unseen or unappreciated jobs and he is reliable in those jobs.

All in all, I thought it started as a good game of football, hoped it would stay that way but Aberdeen soon started putting the boot in, taking the professional fouls and it really did stop us building any sort of momentum. We only really showed our urgency in the last 12/15 minutes and by then it was already too late.

We'll need to be much, much better over our next 2 games to get anything from them.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lennon needs to start proving he's worthy of the love he gets from some Hibs fans. Because he start of the league campaign is below average points wise, imo. Today was pathetic, powder puff going forward

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5641 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good effort Hammi, its no easy eh?

No sure I agree with your summary of McGeouch, who I thought was as good as Hanlon and Efe. Boyle suffered for being stuck out left for 75 minutes, he was much more dangerous when he switched right.

I do agree on Whittaker though and the Aberdeen approach which was to kick John McGinn at every opportunity. Rooney is a dirty elbowing barsteward n'all.

Good effort, thank you.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4421 Post(s)
    vCash
    Nice one Hammi

Aberdeen look good, their full backs are excellent, the three behind Rooney are also handy, even if they are dirty.

That’s our target, to be as efficient- but less sneaky- as them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks Hammi.

Aberdeen's horrible tactics worked. We had to take what chances came our way but didn't. They exploited a mistake and then batoned down the hatches. Time wasting for an hour. Nae shame.

Efe and Paul were good. Mcginn our main ploy and threat. Whittaker did well against Rooney first half but tired badly.

Aberdeen are horrible to watch but clearly have ground games out with the most physical game plan we've encountered this season. I'd rather watch Motherwell.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report
    As you say you missed the goal
    Stevenson sold the jerseys as he has a tendency to do in big games, sometimes the opposition take their chances sometimes they don't but it's a guarantee he will gift them one every game
    Otherwise a nil nil
    Referee incredibly inconsistent
    kaiser sauzee - the original, but not necessarily the best

****ed off Radge

Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

No sure I agree with your summary of McGeouch, who I thought was as good as Hanlon and Efe. Boyle suffered for being stuck out left for 75 minutes, he was much more dangerous when he switched right.

I do agree on Whittaker though and the Aberdeen approach which was to kick John McGinn at every opportunity. Rooney is a dirty elbowing barsteward n'all.

Good effort, thank you.
    Not at all, having to look at the game different, instead of just what I wanna look for.

Disagreeing is fine, I don't think he played badly, I just think that he's better suited to being further back, just a different job, takes away what I think is his better moments.
    Boyle is a much more direct, direct player on the right hand side eh.

I dunno why we force an attacking midfielder if we don't have one. Just go flat 3 n let them take turns attacking.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well done Hammi
    until the sky turns green

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report 👍

I just think, Stokes aside, we still lack quality in the final third and out final ball is often a poor choice.

Thought Swanson showed promise when he came on and I'd like to see him on from the start now to give us that bit of guile and quality to unlock defences.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    414 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers Hammi. Listened to it on Sportsound and they reckoned the ref had a bit of a mare with inconsistent decisions and $#@!-ups which mostly seemed to favour Aberdeen.
    "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good effort Hammi. I agree with your Bartley comments, thought he was doing great and Lennon should have subbed Slivka, who faded after 30 minutes, obviously the international trip has took it out him. Big Marv and Hanlon, who I thought was $#@!in tremendous today, were my best with Paul just edging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Kev View Post
    Cheers Hammi. Listened to it on Sportsound and they reckoned the ref had a bit of a mare with inconsistent decisions and $#@!-ups which mostly seemed to favour Aberdeen.
    He had mare than a mare Kev, he had the whole $#@!in stable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody see what Lewis (goalie) done tae the ballboy? Boy in front of me was goin tonto at him.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Bounce Flag Co-Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)
    vCash

Good effort, thank you.
    I thought McGeouch was more than okay as well. I'll do my traditional "it depends what bit of the ground you watched it from" re how people wildly differ in assessments of players. Couple of folk in the pub who watched from the other end from me thought McGeouch was pish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser sauzee View Post
    Good report
    As you say you missed the goal
    Stevenson sold the jerseys as he has a tendency to do in big games, sometimes the opposition take their chances sometimes they don't but it's a guarantee he will gift them one every game
    Otherwise a nil nil
    Referee incredibly inconsistent
    No convinced that Stevenson did sell the jerseys. He was in a fairly narrow position, and the ball was played inside him. At that point you'd be expecting a centre half to be covering that. However, without having seen it again, I think we were in a transition sort of phase of the game where we looked like we'd won the ball and were looking to get forward. I "think" it was a bad break of the ball and a very good pass inside Stevenson, at times you've got to credit the opposition.

I'd also say Stevenson didn't give Mckay-Stevens a kick after that despite being on a booking and the lifeguard seeker attempting to wind him up continually and somehow avoiding a booking.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wee 162 View Post

No convinced that Stevenson did sell the jerseys. He was in a fairly narrow position, and the ball was played inside him. At that point you'd be expecting a centre half to be covering that. However, without having seen it again, I think we were in a transition sort of phase of the game where we looked like we'd won the ball and were looking to get forward. I "think" it was a bad break of the ball and a very good pass inside Stevenson, at times you've got to credit the opposition.

I'd also say Stevenson didn't give Mckay-Stevens a kick after that despite being on a booking and the lifeguard seeker attempting to wind him up continually and somehow avoiding a booking.
    The gap was the problem, as you say. Hanlon's positioning was part of the reason we lost the goal.

Nutty Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    vCash
    Could have played all day without scoring , why not go with two upfront for the last 30 ?
    I normally Think McLean is a good ref but today he was honking .
    Dylan was my MoM

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Good effort Hammi. I agree with your Bartley comments, thought he was doing great and Lennon should have subbed Slivka, who faded after 30 minutes, obviously the international trip has took it out him. Big Marv and Hanlon, who I thought was $#@!in tremendous today, were my best with Paul just edging it.

- - - Updated - - -

He had mare than a mare Kev, he had the whole $#@!in stable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody see what Lewis (goalie) done tae the ballboy? Boy in front of me was goin tonto at him.
    When the ball boy gave him the ball he told him to $#@! off.

Tough guy.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2504 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    When the ball boy gave him the ball he told him to $#@! off.

Tough guy.
    Cheers, big $#@!...Lewis, no you😊

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    The gap was the problem, as you say. Hanlon's positioning was part of the reason we lost the goal.
    Yip. When I saw goal on tv, Hanlon is out of position. If he wasn't then he could have helped Lewis out

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    590 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Cheers, big $#@!...Lewis, no you😊
    Both

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    845 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think this result probably provides a pretty good barometer of where we actually are, following promotion.

Personally, I don't think there's another team besides the obvious who has a stronger squad than we do on an individual basis. But we need to learn a bit of game management, and that's the type of thing you tend to learn via experience; something Aberdeen have plenty of, when it comes to being the second best side in Scotland. "Rangers" will, quite sadly, find their feet again due to their crowds - but Aberdeen are now the default (and fabled) third force of Scottish football, and that shows in how they approach matches. They did nowhere near enough to beat Hibs today, but left with all three points regardless.

Maybe this is a timely reminder that a consolidatory fourth/fifth place finish would be an excellent first season back, assuming we're a threat in both cups.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6390 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Both
    I’m no that big.

Under six feet.

Which is where you will be when I get my hands on you.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2483 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the very good Just Back report...

I think todays match just showed up again the glaring weaknesses we still have as a team, and also showed that Aberdeen, despite being an over-physical, cynical outfit , are also a very good streetwise team who know how to hold onto a lead and grind out a result. Their goal was one of the few moments of real class in an otherwise hard fought but over tactical affair. A fantastic ball from McLean which opened up the Hibs defence and McKay-Steven anticipated it well and took his chance clinically. After that Aberdeen just funnelled everyone back and let Hibs play in front of them. Hibs just didn't have the creativity and composure required in the last third of the park to break them down. We just didn't cause them anything like enough problems in an attacking sense, and this is where Hibs major problems still remain. Our decision making is poor in the last third as is our final ball and especially our set-piece play. I'm afraid we just lack the quality in the last third to win these sort of games in this league. Stokesy looked out of sorts probably due to not having trained this week, and when he is not fully functioning we really do not have much of a goal threat.

Our best players were at the back with Hanlon outstanding I thought. Bartley was also good, and I know this doesn't seem to be a commonly held view but I thought Barker was good when he came on. I like players with good dribbling skills who are prepared to take men on and beat them and he does this.

Aberdeen are the team we have to aim to replace in the next couple of years and it's going to take a lot of patience and hard work if we are going to get there. They may not be easy on the eye at times but they are a very efficient and well coached team who know what they need to do in games to get the three points. Hibs need to improve significantly in the last third of the park if we are going at achieve a top six finish this season. At present we don't have enough quality there and by that I mean creativity and goal threat. We really should have brought in another striker in the summer IMO as Cummings ability to get goals is a huge miss from our team. I can't remember us creating a single clear cut chance in the match and Lewis had a fairly comfortable afternoon.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

John Hughes

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)
    vCash
    Mibbes I'm falling victim to wee162s being in the wrong place but i thought dylan was as bad as i've seen him in the 1st half. his passing was poor and like a lot of our players when he ran with the ball he seems to knock it a yard too far and have to stretch for it.
    as others have said Stokes seemed very uncomfortable up top on his own. its fine against sellick as darkhead when you have less of the ball but the number of times, in the first half especially, ambrose came forward with the ball and had nothing to hit. we'd over-congested the midfield so there was no room there and there was nobody to make use of the space behind.
    That said, we didn't deserve to lose. aberdeen played to kill the game very early, niggly, timewasting and fouling every time we ran with the ball, and for the most part getting away with it. I was surprised how often christie left his boot in for example.
    onwards and upwards though

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    378 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report! IMO between our 2 goalkeepers we really lack distribution it leaves us constantly having to contest for 2nd balls that we lose more often than not. Thought Hanlon was class today and as much as efe is almost collected he gives me a heart attack whenever he has the ball with too much time to think he gives me a heart attack, can't wait for the natural Hanlon and McGregor partnership to resume

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash

Good effort, thank you.

Yep, i agree. Thought Dylan was superb.

Well done @Hammi though.. Fine report.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

On holiday Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well done Hammi. Good "Just Back" and thanks for your thoughts. From my seat today I had a few thoughts........

Aberdeen gave us a lesson in how to break up a game and slow down play. How 3/4 of them were not booked for wasting time, only Steven McLean will know. However, it was effective and broke up any rhythm we tried to create.

SJM was superb at times, the metronome in midfield, who often deserves better from the players around him, especially when he gives them so much of the ball.

Today's skipper, Paul Hanlon, marshalled well from the back.
    I'll happily say I was critical of him a few seasons back, but now I can't see us lining up without him.

Stokes.....jeez, he's just no doing it for me just now. Maybe he's tired having had a new bairn, but he isn't providing enough of a threat and getting pulled out wide too much. Let's hope for better this week coming.

Lenny.......needed to make changes earlier. He didn't and we couldn't get any momentum through the subs with so little time left. Be bold Neil!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6534 Post(s)
    vCash
    Aberdeen did a job on us. And the truth is we failed to overcome it. Levein and his mob will try to do such a job. Take note Hibs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3573 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Aberdeen did a job on us. And the truth is we failed to overcome it. Levein and his mob will try to do such a job. Take note Hibs.
    Pretty much this.

Potters cloggers will try to repeat the sheep.

It also saves him having to play actual strikers as we all know that selecting players who score goals, aint the Levien way.
    I started out with nothing and i`ve still got most of it left.

" Without people, you`re nothing.." - Joe Strummer.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    716 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Pretty much this.

Potters cloggers will try to repeat the sheep.

It also saves him having to play actual strikers as we all know that selecting players who score goals, aint the Levien way.
    Good catching up with you again big fella!!

Agreed the gunts will look to come and do the same, i just wish Lennon would play Murray from the start, he looks sharper than Stokes and will cause most defences problems!!

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Correct. We missing big holty's street wise attitude in the squad. He wouldn't have stood for it. Would have been noising up ref etc. We will miss big daz when we play scumbos .

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good job Shamrock. Couple of learning points for you though.

why the surprise at Bartley substitution? We were 1 down and took off our defensive mid. He did have a good game but that is irrelevant.

Empty section - what do you suggest, pull cants in off the street to fill it or stick mannequins there to make it look better?

Roger that.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5641 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post

why the surprise at Bartley substitution? We were 1 down and took off our defensive mid. He did have a good game but that is irrelevant.

Empty section - what do you suggest, pull cants in off the street to fill it or stick mannequins there to make it look better?

Roger that.
    On the empty section, Hibs only sold 500 tickets for the south, there was no further demand. Ireckon 17000 home supporters is about our maximum, still plenty Hibby's only want to go to cup finals.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Mussel-bound Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    vCash
    On the empty section, Hibs only sold 500 tickets for the south, there was no further demand. Ireckon 17000 home supporters is about our maximum, still plenty Hibby's only want to go to cup finals.
    Might have been more had it not been for school holidays.
    GGTTH

Coffee Shop Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    vCash
    Was exactly my thoughts after reading match reports online and other posts here post-match.

Clone Barts NOW !!
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post

Roger that.
    Surprise because as I said, he was still breaking up Aberdeen attacks and saving us as Aberdeen went forward. He also would've given them some kicks as they kicked around us, we were losing to their physicality by then. Slivka on the other hand was largely ineffective at that point.

Second part, was just a question, didn't know if we had stopped selling or there was no more sales.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    Surprise because as I said, he was still breaking up Aberdeen attacks and saving us as Aberdeen went forward. He also would've given them some kicks as they kicked around us, we were losing to their physicality by then. Slivka on the other hand was largely ineffective at that point. Second part, was just a question, didn't know if we had stopped selling or there was no more sales.
    Bartley broke up couple moves. But never wants the ball. If we want to be pushing Aberdeen then Bartley is a man short for me. You can't play centre mid and not wanting the ball.

****ed off Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3770 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Bartley broke up couple moves. But never wants the ball. If we want to be pushing Aberdeen then Bartley is a man short for me. You can't play centre mid and not wanting the ball.
    He still was using more of his tools than Slivka. All I said was it should have been slivka first, Bartley still had stuff to offer, Slivka was done.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    195 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    He still was using more of his tools than Slivka. All I said was it should have been slivka first, Bartley still had stuff to offer, Slivka was done.
    Marv was blowing out his backside. He has poor cv fitness and struggles to last a game

Toddler Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thanks for the report. Again I thought Dylan was our most effective midfielder and I thought stokes worked his socks off but with no support. I also thought mcginn was poor but that might be due to being targeted

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers Hammi
    Great report, Aberdeen are just big bully, s in sheep's clothing. .

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1630 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report mate.
    Thank you very much.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1822 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willief View Post
    Thanks for the report. Again I thought Dylan was our most effective midfielder and I thought stokes worked his socks off but with no support. I also thought mcginn was poor but that might be due to being targeted

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk
    Bit harsh to say Mcginn was poor..some sloppy passing from Dylan on a few occasions
    until the sky turns green

Afro Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good report Hammi. Can't really disagree with what you've covered.

Marv was my MOTM. Turned to my friend just after that period where he'd done well to break up a few attacks and commented on how well he was playing - next minute he was subbed!

Murray needed to be on much earlier and playing with Stokes. Felt like Stokes was drifting out of position a lot so he could get on the ball meaning that we didn't actually have anyone in the middle most of the time. A few occasions where we got the ball in but no striker there to finish it off and that's where Murray seems to flourish.

How May didn't see red for his challenge either was baffling it was very much a tired strikers tackle highlighted by the fact he was taken off minutes later. Have seen a picture of the tackle happening and it looks even worse.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think May realised his challenge was terrible. Very lucky boy not to get sent off. How the Dons only got three bookings I'll never know.

Just watching the replay on Sportscene, at one point Aberdeen had a 7 man defence! Why Danny didn't pull the trigger earlier I'll never know. The presenters were creaming themselves over Aberdeen's goal. It was hardly brilliant, as they described it. Lewy did get caught for pace a bit with the run, which was a surprise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jock3 View Post
    I think May realised his challenge was terrible. Very lucky boy not to get sent off. How the Dons only got three bookings I'll never know.

Just watching the replay on Sportscene, at one point Aberdeen had a 7 man defence! Why Danny didn't pull the trigger earlier I'll never know. The presenters were creaming themselves over Aberdeen's goal. It was hardly brilliant, as they described it. Lewy did get caught for pace a bit with the run, which was a surprise.
    Thought the programme did well to point out that Hanlon got himself pulled out of position to create the space. Fair play to them, they did well from there to exploit that gap.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossie View Post
    Thought the programme did well to point out that Hanlon got himself pulled out of position to create the space. Fair play to them, they did well from there to exploit that gap.
    Just seen the goal for the first time since seeing it live. Hanlon was definitely at fault, as some of us suspected at the time

GoGO Back To Forum