Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4245 Post(s)
    vCash

Looking back from 3 years time.

3 years ago we were in the doldrums. Rudderless and relegated to the second tier, the club in turmoil.

We needed a new broom and by God we got one ably held in the hands of Leeann Dempster. This isn't a LD love thread, she got together a team of managers heading each department and when they've left for whatever reason their replacements have, well the ones I've spotted, been inspired.

The club has been transformed in the last 3 years. On and off the pitch we're a very different club. There's been a few mistakes made.

The 8,000 diehards who went through hell have been joined by around 8,000 new regular friends! And we're lovin it! Mostly!!

So what will we look back on in 3 years time?

We've already booked into Easter Road West for yet another semi-final trip.

A European place next season already looks distinctly possible!

I like to see 2 or 3 Hampden trips each season. 2 semis and a possible final.

I'd like us to always end the league in a European slot.

I'd like to see us progress beyond the first fecking tie to start with and beyond the preliminary rounds in seasons to come.

For supporters I'd like to see demand for seats reach the point where filling in the corners, even one by one, became something of a no brainer.

Since 1875

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 years ago we were in the doldrums. Rudderless and relegated to the second tier, the club in turmoil.

We needed a new broom and by God we got one ably held in the hands of Leeann Dempster. This isn't a LD love thread, she got together a team of managers heading each department and when they've left for whatever reason their replacements have, well the ones I've spotted, been inspired.

The club has been transformed in the last 3 years. On and off the pitch we're a very different club. There's been a few mistakes made.

The 8,000 diehards who went through hell have been joined by around 8,000 new regular friends! And we're lovin it! Mostly!!

So what will we look back on in 3 years time?

We've already booked into Easter Road West for yet another semi-final trip.

A European place next season already looks distinctly possible!

I like to see 2 or 3 Hampden trips each season. 2 semis and a possible final.

I'd like us to always end the league in a European slot.

I'd like to see us progress beyond the first fecking tie to start with and beyond the preliminary rounds in seasons to come.

For supporters I'd like to see demand for seats reach the point where filling in the corners, even one by one, became something of a no brainer.
    It's hard to believe those dark days were only 3 years ago. I don't think I have ever enjoyed being a Hibs supporter as much as I have now. Talking to friends earlier today and everything can't wait for Saturday to arrive. Ticket sales suggest similar feelings towards the Club at the moment. We need to capitalise on the positive momentum we've built up. Whilst not getting carried away, do we potentially have a very rare chance of making a genuine challenge to the title in the next 2-3 seasons? I cannot see why not if the Manager stays, signings keep going in the right direction and the support keeps backing the Club. Although the gulf between ourselves in Celtic is perhaps an impossible one to catch over the course of a full season.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4671 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought last night, after the 2 yearly abject glorious failure routine of the national squad that I was so glad to be a Hibs fan right now. The energy and confidence generated since the middle of the 2015-16 season is immeasurable.

I have always sort of been a Hibs first, Scotland next bod but never more so than present. The contrast in where each is, is there for all to see.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

GoGO Back To Forum