Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash

Draw strength from todays performance

a very credible performance, and a decent result, against a team unbeaten since season 2015/16. When, of course, we had our historical Scottish Cup winning team.

The players excelled themselves, at times, but still had lapses with some basic mistakes, but we also played some good attacking football.

Looking ahead for the season, can we sustain this form and finish in one of the top 3 positions?

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    vCash
    Don't see why not, if anything we've not had the points return our performances have (mostly) merited. Hopefully that will change as the season progresses. One concern is our historically woeful 2nd half of the season - hopefully that's been consigned to the bin along with the Scottish cup hoodoo

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Thought the lads were excellent today.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    I thought it was a decent game. I watched on celtc tv.

We had chances to win, many more than them according to the BBC shots stats although predictably they had the majority of possession and we rode our luck at times.

I wasn't uncomfortable with the love in after the final whistle - a wee bit loved in more than usual shake hands and good game mate but only just short of kissin maybe if more games were played in such a spirit Scottish footballwould be better for it.

Sevcovians will probably be going ape $#@!.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was a decent game. I watched on celtc tv.We had chances to win, many more than them according to the BBC shots stats although predictably they had the majority of possession and we rode our luck at times.I wasn't uncomfortable with the love in after the final whistle - a wee bit loved in more than usual shake hands and good game mate but only just short of kissin maybe if more games were played in such a spirit Scottish footballwould be better for it.Sevcovians will probably be going ape $#@!.
    Lenny was a disgrace at end of game. Hibs fans got a wee clap. He bowed in appreciation to their main stand. Worse than what Wilkins did at ibrox.However, Leigh came over at end hibs fans singing his name which hopefully will make they tramps rage

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    i'm feeling a bit gutted tae be honest, i thought we were gonnae wipe the smugness off their un washed faces. No too impressed wi' the love in either, nae time for the f##ks. And whae does Brenda think he is basically telling everybody that oor manager's too good for us and when he gets called back tae the best league in the universe lenny should go tae celtic. apart fae that the boys done good.GGTTH

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    Lenny was a disgrace at end of game. Hibs fans got a wee clap. He bowed in appreciation to their main stand. Worse than what Wilkins did at ibrox.However, Leigh came over at end hibs fans singing his name which hopefully will make they tramps rage
    He was not a disgrace, he is a Celtic supporting manager of Hibs. His team gave the team he supports a big big fright. Hibs were smashing, that is Neil Lennon's Hibs. The many Celtic fans I know reckon Hibs are the best domestic team they have seen play them, Brenda Highheels said so too.

Sparky came to the Hibs end at the end, waved and applauded us, we sang about him being one of our own, is he a disgrace. I am good with lenny, I am good with Sparky. I am a Hibby, $#@! Celtic.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    If oxymorons came in paragraphs you'd hit the nail on the head!

He played hundreds of games for them then managed them through probably their most successful period.

Ours was never ours!

Ours can do it and be applauded. Theirs do it and be damned in hell!
    Space to let

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    He was not a disgrace, he is a Celtic supporting manager of Hibs. His team gave the team he supports a big big fright. Hibs were smashing, that is Neil Lennon's Hibs. The many Celtic fans I know reckon Hibs are the best domestic team they have seen play them, Brenda Highheels said so too.Sparky came to the Hibs end at the end, waved and applauded us, we sang about him being one of our own, is he a disgrace. I am good with lenny, I am good with Sparky. I am a Hibby, $#@! Celtic.
    If hibs manger applauded Huns place would be in melt down. Like the non internet world was after Wilkins.

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Have zero problems with Lennon applauding the fans after the game. The guys a professional and human being. His best times in football probably belong where he was today. He set our team out to win and that's all that matters to me.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    He was not a disgrace, he is a Celtic supporting manager of Hibs. His team gave the team he supports a big big fright. Hibs were smashing, that is Neil Lennon's Hibs. The many Celtic fans I know reckon Hibs are the best domestic team they have seen play them, Brenda Highheels said so too.

Sparky came to the Hibs end at the end, waved and applauded us, we sang about him being one of our own, is he a disgrace. I am good with lenny, I am good with Sparky. I am a Hibby, $#@! Celtic.
    Well said 1875. He is a human being after all and has emotions for a club he served successfully for many years. He set Hibs up to win - no doubt about that and he is every bit as passionate about our club as he was/is about Celtic. No one can deny that. I say well well done Neil lennon. He has Hibs on track for a top three finish.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    If hibs manger applauded Huns place would be in melt down. Like the non internet world was after Wilkins.
    Disagree, Lenny did nowt wrong today, no idea why you think otherwise?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Disagree, Lenny did nowt wrong today, no idea why you think otherwise?
    I thought my post was clear. Bowing to these tramps at end of game. Give us fans who pay his wages a wee clap.I repeat what Wilkins did and if hibs manager did that at ibrox, majority Hibs fans would go mental

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash

Agreed 110%.

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)
    vCash
    personally I couldnae give a flying about Lennons love in wi the manky feckers.

however, yer man above is correct, if this was the huns the place would be in meltdoon.

Ihun Murray anyone

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Who is Lennie?

Smellie name.

He's Neil Lennon.
    He's Hibs.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    personally I couldnae give a flying about Lennons love in wi the manky feckers.

however, yer man above is correct, if this was the huns the place would be in meltdoon.

Ihun Murray anyone
    Murray isn’t the right comparison - Lennon is a dyed in the wool Celtic man who won countless trophies with them and was everything the other side of the Old Firm arse cheek hated, so it would need to be someone like Barry Ferguson or Bob Malcolm to be a Rangers equivalent.... and let’s be honest, the place would be in meltdown if one of them was ever given the job nevermind applauded the hordes of Mordor.

I’ve no problem with Lennon acknowledging the reception from the Celtic fans. If David Gray goes on to be a manager and brought a team to Easter Road he’d be given a rousing reception, which if he ignored we’d be raging about.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Atlanta Hibs Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    584 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Murray isn’t the right comparison - Lennon is a dyed in the wool Celtic man who won countless trophies with them and was everything the other side of the Old Firm arse cheek hated, so it would need to be someone like Barry Ferguson or Bob Malcolm to be a Rangers equivalent.... and let’s be honest, the place would be in meltdown if one of them was ever given the job nevermind applauded the hordes of Mordor.

I’ve no problem with Lennon acknowledging the reception from the Celtic fans. If David Gray goes on to be a manager and brought a team to Easter Road he’d be given a rousing reception, which if he ignored we’d be raging about.
    obviously Murray is not like for like.

but the point remains.

Butch Wilkins got pelters anaw.

plus every cant hated Miller cos he was a hun

can you imagine if that had been Terry Butcher at Ibrox

fitba people ken.

Baltic Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    vCash
    He set us up for the win, we f@ckin went for it & scared the sh!te out of them with a fine, fine performance. Anyone having a go at Neil Lennon this eve seriously needs to get their priorities sorted

I remember Jim Leighton being warmly applauded by the entire stadium when he turned out against us for Aberdeen. He showed his appreciation & applauded us. Good on him. And good on NL for showing his appreciation to the Smeltic fans.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    vCash
    So it’s ok for sparky to show respect too us hibs fans but not Neil to the fans he served a lot of years. The mans been a gentleman since he came here and is try to take us to a level not seen at our club for a long long time. He deserves our respect the day he leaves us we will be in a far better place than when he came imo.

But you are in titled to your opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    personally I couldnae give a flying about Lennons love in wi the manky feckers.however, yer man above is correct, if this was the huns the place would be in meltdoon.Ihun Murray anyone
    Double standards me thinks. Huns and soap dodges are equally horrible clubs.- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    Murray isn’t the right comparison - Lennon is a dyed in the wool Celtic man who won countless trophies with them and was everything the other side of the Old Firm arse cheek hated, so it would need to be someone like Barry Ferguson or Bob Malcolm to be a Rangers equivalent.... and let’s be honest, the place would be in meltdown if one of them was ever given the job nevermind applauded the hordes of Mordor. I’ve no problem with Lennon acknowledging the reception from the Celtic fans. If David Gray goes on to be a manager and brought a team to Easter Road he’d be given a rousing reception, which if he ignored we’d be raging about.
    Bob Malcolm managing hibs then bowing to the Huns at ibrox when managing hibs. Classic- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    So it’s ok for sparky to show respect too us hibs fans but not Neil to the fans he served a lot of years. The mans been a gentleman since he came here and is try to take us to a level not seen at our club for a long long time. He deserves our respect the day he leaves us we will be in a far better place than when he came imo.But you are in titled to your opinion Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did I say i approved of super Leigh? FFS a hibs fan had a Leigh griffiths Celtic scarf in Hibs end. WTF.Lenny walked out at start of game applued the whole stadium.If you see my post from earlier. A little clap at end of game for the fans that pay his wages. Turns to soap dodgers at starts bowing to them.
    Last edited by Greenpower; 01-10-17 at 13:39.

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    Lenny was a disgrace at end of game. Hibs fans got a wee clap. He bowed in appreciation to their main stand.
    I was totally cool with that. Maybe based on our performance and result but he's got a long history with them so it was expected and clearly doesn't impact on Hibs.

I really dislike these patronising tramps as well as the Huns by the way.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Double standards me thinks. Huns and soap dodges are equally horrible clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Bob Malcolm managing hibs then bowing to the Huns at ibrox when managing hibs. Classic

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say i approved of super Leigh?FFS hibs a hibs fan had a Leigh griffiths Celtic scarf in Hibs end. WTF.Lenny walked out at start of game applued the whole stadium.If you see my post from earlier. A little clap at end of game for the fans that pay his wages. Turns to soap dodgers at starts bowing to them.
    Got to agree - there seems to be an undercurrent on here that Celtic's sectarianism crap is ok but Sevco's isn't. They are both equally responsible for the scourge of Scottish football. I personally don't want Hibs dragged into that crap. Sadly, I think Lennon's actions with both clubs over the last few weeks - the GIRFUY at Ibrox and his over the top bowing yesterday - have just added fuel to the fire and made him an even bigger 'face' of Scotland's shame, most of which I would add is unwarranted. All of this nonsense borne out of the biggest lie in history - religion.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duns_Hibby View Post
    Got to agree - there seems to be an undercurrent on here that Celtic's sectarianism crap is ok but Sevco's isn't. They are both equally responsible for the scourge of Scottish football. I personally don't want Hibs dragged into that crap. Sadly, I think Lennon's actions with both clubs over the last few weeks - the GIRFUY at Ibrox and his over the top bowing yesterday - have just added fuel to the fire and made him an even bigger 'face' of Scotland's shame, most of which I would add is unwarranted. All of this nonsense borne out of the biggest lie in history - religion.
    Care tae show where?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)
    vCash
    I’ve no problem with a former player/manager paying respect to the club where he had such an illustrious career and has a clear affinity with their supporters. For me, the only exception would be Hearts. I don’t care about religion or what other clubs/fans stand for, as far as I’m concerned it’s simply about the football. My equal dislike of Rangers & Celtic has nothing to do with religion.

I don’t see Neil Lennon appluading Celtic or giving it the GIRFUY to Rangers fans who give him pelters as a problem. He done the ear cupping to the Falkirk fans last season after Keatings late screamer: he likes to wind opposition fans up who try to get at him or his team, and I like that. If he’d turned up at Celtic Park yesterday and been given a rough reception, I’ve no doubt he’d have gone wild at McGinn’s second goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Double standards me thinks. Huns and soap dodges are equally horrible clubs.- - - Updated - - -Bob Malcolm managing hibs then bowing to the Huns at ibrox when managing hibs. Classic- - - Updated - - -Where did I say i approved of super Leigh? FFS a hibs fan had a Leigh griffiths Celtic scarf in Hibs end. WTF.Lenny walked out at start of game applued the whole stadium.If you see my post from earlier. A little clap at end of game for the fans that pay his wages. Turns to soap dodgers at starts bowing to them.
    Simply playing Devil’s Advocate - but it is a similar comparison.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Got to agree - there seems to be an undercurrent on here that Celtic's sectarianism crap is ok but Sevco's isn't.
    You're right, there is. But that's because Celtic's "sectarianism crap" is almost non-existent in comparison to Rangers'.

They are both equally responsible for the scourge of Scottish football.
    Utterly incorrect.

I personally don't want Hibs dragged into that crap.
    We're not going to be dragged into it.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London Bouncer View Post
    You're right, there is. But that's because Celtic's "sectarianism crap" is almost non-existent in comparison to Rangers'.

Utterly incorrect.

We're not going to be dragged into it.
    I completely disagree, and believe me I detest Rangers - there is no right or wrong or worse than the other when it comes to sectarianism - but equally when I see the actions of the Green Brigade with their paramilitary banners etc. it turns my stomach. I have given my opinion and you yours - we are never going to get anywhere close on this so let's agree to disagree. I've been threatened at Parkhead with my then elderly father and those involved were scum. Both clubs drag their power base from being on either side of a religious divide - I find that abhorrent and an embarrassment in this day and age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    vCash
    I completely disagree, and believe me I detest Rangers - there is no right or wrong or worse than the other when it comes to sectarianism - but equally when I see the actions of the Green Brigade with their paramilitary banners etc. it turns my stomach. I have given my opinion and you yours - we are never going to get anywhere close on this so let's agree to disagree. I've been threatened at Parkhead with my then elderly father and those involved were scum. Both clubs drag their power base from being on either side of a religious divide - I find that abhorrent and an embarrassment in this day and age.
    Good points well made Duns.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Out of interest, in a similar vein, Rafa Benitez has the Hillsborough families at St James Park as his personal guests today. Sure nobody is grudging him or them this kind gesture. I know things are different when it comes to the bile associated with the Old Firm but It's a fine line people tread in these situations.

FWIW, a few around us were not impressed with a thumbs up from a distance to us and the bowing to their main stand. So it's not just GP. Hopefully it all settles down now that the first encounter is out of the way for both Lennon and Leigh.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Have absolutely no problem with Lennon clapping or bowing. I was more interested in what happened on the pitch. Team played well and got a decent result. That's all I cared about

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hmmm
    Sounds like you were in a rage as well.
    Doesnt bother me, no one complained when Liam Henderson done it...
    Passion holds no boundaries, im glad to see it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Care tae show where?
    Exactly who has mentioned sectarianism is ok anywhere??
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HATTIE View Post
    Hmmm
    Sounds like you were in a rage as well.
    Doesnt bother me, no one complained when Liam Henderson done it...
    Passion holds no boundaries, im glad to see it

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly who has mentioned sectarianism is ok anywhere??
    Devil's Advocate - Lennon is passionate but Wilkins isn't - each to their own but that appears to be hypocrisy....or it may just be that I don't get the 'undercurrent' I'm supposed to?

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2466 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    Care tae show where?
    Devil's Advocate - Lennon is passionate but Wilkins isn't - each to their own but that appears to be hypocrisy....or it may just be that I don't get the 'undercurrent' I'm supposed to?
    ? Where's this undercurrent you keep bangin on about ?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    We need to start playing like that every week now. Not just play like that in Glasgow. GGTTH

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan1875 View Post
    We need to start playing like that every week now. Not just play like that in Glasgow. GGTTH

Were you there last week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    What I am trying to say is, drawing with Dundee, Saints, drawing at home with well. Need to win games like that.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan1875 View Post
    What I am trying to say is, drawing with Dundee, Saints, drawing at home with well. Need to win games like that.

I think we all know that is the case and it's not been through lack of effort. Last week they were at it from the word go and they continued the mood this week.

We could/should be 3rd at least but the games are past now. Take the attitude and desire of the last few games into the Sheep game and we will be just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ok, I will!!

GoGO Back To Forum