September 29th seems to be a better date for Hibbies:

- Saturday, 29 September 1984: SPL: Hibs 3-1 Morton.* Our first home league win of the season arrested a run of five successive league defeats and six successive competitive defeats (if you include the 2-1 home reversal to Meadowbank Thistle in the Skol Cup).* Goals from Willie Irvine (11), John Brogan (34; his only competitive goal for the club) and a young Kano (74) put us three up before Danny Docherty pulled one back for the Greenock men on 77 minutes.* This game is remarkable for a couple of reasons.* Firstly, John Blackley was in temporary charge of the team (he was subsequently appointed manager on a permanent basis following this result).* However, the previous Saturday's papers had been full of how Hibs were going to poach the then Manchester City boss Billy McNeill.* When you compare the contrasting fortunes and compare the bank balances and turnovers of the two clubs now - in the context of the billionaires' lapdancing parlour that is the UEFA CL and the English Premiership - it appears to be an outrageous notion that little old Hibs fi Leith could offer the manager of Man City better money than he was already earning!* But, apparently, the late Kenny Waugh made BM a better offer than what he currently earned.* I couldnae really see Leeann Dempster poaching Pep Guardiola from the Sheikhs at the Etihad, could you?* Brandon Barker on loan is about as good as it gets in that respect!* Secondly, the crowd was just 3,700.* Given the gates we enjoy at present, it is strange to recollect that not that long ago all of us have stood at ER in crowds of less than 4,000 for the less glamourous fixtures.* For example, during the Skol Cup winning season of 1991-92, my Dad and I (and probably you) were at the home games against Motherwell (on Saturday, 4 April 1992) and Airdrie (on Tuesday, 7 April 1992) amongst gates of 4,437 and 3,269, respectively.* There are many factors which explain our expanded supporters base.* I would posit three:
1) the work of the club in terms of enticing more fans: through the Hibs Kids and better community involvement;
2) the effect of the Taylor report and the sanitised all-seater stadia it engendered;
3) specifically Hibs' comparative success.* In 1984 we had won nothing for 12 years, were being embarrassed by East Fife (in the Scottish Cup) and Meadowbank (in the Skol Cup), while today any Hibs aged 20 or over has seen his team win both domestic cups.

And hertz got humped 4 nowt at Todders 33 years ago today.

- Saturday, 29 September 1990: SPL: Dunfermline 1-1 Hibs.* A late Billy Findlay equaliser salvaged a point against the only team not to defeat us in, for me, the most depressing league season ever; other than 2013/14, of course.* Post-Mercer bid we took only one point against the Gorgie charlatans, shipping eleven goals and countering only three in the process.* Only 24 league goals all season!* An average of 2 every three league games!* Crap.

- Saturday, 29 September 2007: SPL: Hibs 4-1 Killie.* Clayton Donaldson scored a hat-trick, which included two penalties.* He also missed another one.* Cue fatty Jefferires going minions style 'BANANAS' on lard and stovies.

- Saturday, 29 September 2012: SPL: SSBs 2-1 Hibs.* a quality Eoin Doyle equaliser in a game I felt we were unfortunate to lose.* Ex-Cardiff City player Josh Magennis with the winner. * *