Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: On this date in History (14 Tattoos content)

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash

On this date in History (14 Tattoos content)

Sweary Scott - TAFKA 7 Tattoos is back from the wilderness:

September 26th seems to be another of these chuffing annoying Hibs-dinnae-usually-get-a-decent-result on days.* Bugger.* Anyway:

- Saturday, 26 September 1987: SPL: Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen.* The following day's Hunday Mail commented that when George McCluskey went off, Hibs were left with no recognised strikers.* The following week Celtic signed Frank McAvennie and we drew 1-1 at Parkheed on his debut (Andy Watson (wi 10 mins to go) equalising Andy $#@!'s 4th minute opener for the tims), while we signed Andy Goram on Thursday, 8 October 1987.* Well seeing what Lexo's plan was, i.e. to sort our notoriously leaky defence out.* It's fair to say that scoring goals was not his priority that season.* We finished 6th, winning 12, losing 13 and drawing 19 of our 44 league games!* We only scored 41 league goals all season, whilst conceding only 42!* I think I'm right in saying that this was the only season in our history that we have averaged scoring less than a goal a game and simultaneously averaged conceding less than a goal a game!* Round about this time in a pub in Cowbridge (i.e. down here; in Wales) there was a young student who studied at either Edinburgh or Heriot Watt, so I asked him if he ever went to see the Hibs.* Cheeky kant says, 'Hibs!* They never score!'* Hate to admit it, but that season, he had a point.* But we would shortly be celebrating a first derby win since 1979!* Happy days were just around the corner!

- Saturday, 26 September 1992: SPL: Hibs 0-0 Dundee.* D'you know?* My abiding mammaries of this game are two-fold.* Firstly, when walking along the uncovered area at the back of the terracing, a contemporary cover version of the late Gerry Rafferty's classic 'Baker Street' was playing; which prompted the gadgie in front of me to remark to his mate, 'that's $#@!in' pish!* the original was decent, mind!'* The guy did have a fair point.* Random the things you mind.* Secondly, a young Hibs player called Steven Raynes had a very good game, in what was otherwise a dull, turgid encounter.* Years later, when living in Leith, I was getting a taxi down the Walk, and got chatting to the driver about the Hibs, and he mentioned that a relative of his called Steven Raynes had played for the Hibs.* So, of course, pished me being pished me interjected and bored his erse oaf with how Steven Raynes had scored the first equaliser in the 2-2 draw wi Chelsea on Sunday, 4 August 1991, in which new signing Keith Wright had scored the late second equaliser.* Cabbie was amazed at ma Asperger's!

- Saturday, 26 September 1998: 1st division: Hibs 0-0 Hamilton Accies.* D' you know?* That that season when the Hibs rampaged through the banter league, wi Boyle poking a burd in every town, and two in Kirkcaldy, three in Ayr etc., we only dropped 5 points at home all season.* And the only teams that left ER wi points were the two relegated sides: Stranraer won 2-1 on Saturday, 15 August 1998 (the day of the Omagh tragedy); and this.* To quote Andy fi Gregory's Girl, when chatting the burd up by telling her how they make veal (by slitting the baby deer's throat), 'That's very interesting that is'.* (Strictly speaking, my chat-up lines are even mair pish.* Apparently, I once tried to chat up a burd at a disco in Sheffield University with the killing line, 'Hibs'll $#@! St Mirren the morn'.* Two things: 1) we didnae; 2) ah nivir goat ma Nat King.) *

- Saturday, 26 September 2009: SPL: Motherwell 1-3 Hibs.* To be honest, boys, ah'm no' even sure that was the fixture that day.* But we did win 3-1 there round about then, wi Stokes getting at least one.* I could look it up oan the interweb.* But that would be cheating.* Ah dae all this fi mammary, ye ken!

- Saturday, 26 September 2015: 1st division: Hibs 1-1 St Mirren.* Three days after an epic ousting of the SSBs from the LEague Cup, Stubbsy's inconsistent Hibs produced a predictable relapse against newly relegated Saints.* They scored after about 17 mins (I think) and we equalised shortly before half-time.* Cannae mind who scored, though.*

EMail update shortly after:
    just remembered: we beat Videoton 3-0 in Hungary exactly 28 years ago to the day and date.* Tuesday, 26 September 1989.* Houchen 9, Evans 59, Collins 79.

How could I forget that?!

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EA2007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sweary Scott - TAFKA 7 Tattoos is back from the wilderness:

September 26th seems to be another of these chuffing annoying Hibs-dinnae-usually-get-a-decent-result on days.* Bugger.* Anyway:

- Saturday, 26 September 1987: SPL: Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen.* The following day's Hunday Mail commented that when George McCluskey went off, Hibs were left with no recognised strikers.* The following week Celtic signed Frank McAvennie and we drew 1-1 at Parkheed on his debut (Andy Watson (wi 10 mins to go) equalising Andy $#@!'s 4th minute opener for the tims), while we signed Andy Goram on Thursday, 8 October 1987.* Well seeing what Lexo's plan was, i.e. to sort our notoriously leaky defence out.* It's fair to say that scoring goals was not his priority that season.* We finished 6th, winning 12, losing 13 and drawing 19 of our 44 league games!* We only scored 41 league goals all season, whilst conceding only 42!* I think I'm right in saying that this was the only season in our history that we have averaged scoring less than a goal a game and simultaneously averaged conceding less than a goal a game!* Round about this time in a pub in Cowbridge (i.e. down here; in Wales) there was a young student who studied at either Edinburgh or Heriot Watt, so I asked him if he ever went to see the Hibs.* Cheeky kant says, 'Hibs!* They never score!'* Hate to admit it, but that season, he had a point.* But we would shortly be celebrating a first derby win since 1979!* Happy days were just around the corner!

- Saturday, 26 September 1992: SPL: Hibs 0-0 Dundee.* D'you know?* My abiding mammaries of this game are two-fold.* Firstly, when walking along the uncovered area at the back of the terracing, a contemporary cover version of the late Gerry Rafferty's classic 'Baker Street' was playing; which prompted the gadgie in front of me to remark to his mate, 'that's $#@!in' pish!* the original was decent, mind!'* The guy did have a fair point.* Random the things you mind.* Secondly, a young Hibs player called Steven Raynes had a very good game, in what was otherwise a dull, turgid encounter.* Years later, when living in Leith, I was getting a taxi down the Walk, and got chatting to the driver about the Hibs, and he mentioned that a relative of his called Steven Raynes had played for the Hibs.* So, of course, pished me being pished me interjected and bored his erse oaf with how Steven Raynes had scored the first equaliser in the 2-2 draw wi Chelsea on Sunday, 4 August 1991, in which new signing Keith Wright had scored the late second equaliser.* Cabbie was amazed at ma Asperger's!

- Saturday, 26 September 1998: 1st division: Hibs 0-0 Hamilton Accies.* D' you know?* That that season when the Hibs rampaged through the banter league, wi Boyle poking a burd in every town, and two in Kirkcaldy, three in Ayr etc., we only dropped 5 points at home all season.* And the only teams that left ER wi points were the two relegated sides: Stranraer won 2-1 on Saturday, 15 August 1998 (the day of the Omagh tragedy); and this.* To quote Andy fi Gregory's Girl, when chatting the burd up by telling her how they make veal (by slitting the baby deer's throat), 'That's very interesting that is'.* (Strictly speaking, my chat-up lines are even mair pish.* Apparently, I once tried to chat up a burd at a disco in Sheffield University with the killing line, 'Hibs'll $#@! St Mirren the morn'.* Two things: 1) we didnae; 2) ah nivir goat ma Nat King.) *

- Saturday, 26 September 2009: SPL: Motherwell 1-3 Hibs.* To be honest, boys, ah'm no' even sure that was the fixture that day.* But we did win 3-1 there round about then, wi Stokes getting at least one.* I could look it up oan the interweb.* But that would be cheating.* Ah dae all this fi mammary, ye ken!

- Saturday, 26 September 2015: 1st division: Hibs 1-1 St Mirren.* Three days after an epic ousting of the SSBs from the LEague Cup, Stubbsy's inconsistent Hibs produced a predictable relapse against newly relegated Saints.* They scored after about 17 mins (I think) and we equalised shortly before half-time.* Cannae mind who scored, though.*

EMail update shortly after:
    just remembered: we beat Videoton 3-0 in Hungary exactly 28 years ago to the day and date.* Tuesday, 26 September 1989.* Houchen 9, Evans 59, Collins 79.

How could I forget that?!
    Always enjoyed perusing your contributions
    "history is the foundation upon which the future is built"

GoGO Back To Forum