Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Agenda for Working Together meeting tonight...

  1. #1
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3750

    Agenda for Working Together meeting tonight...

    Rumour is a fan is proposing the idea of an Armed Forces day at Easter Road at tonights Working Together meeting? Personally its not for me, it just reeks of Hunnishness.

    Let servicemen-women/ ex-servicemen-women in for free to a game, nae hassle, then the next game, we could maybe have an unemployed day, a zero hours contract day, a minimum wage day, a student day.

    They talk about keeping politics out of football then try and drag this stuff into agendas.

    I wonder if fans will be consulted by the fan reps if the suggestion grows arms and legs?
    nil satis nisi optimum

  2. #2
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever for us to have an Armed Forces Day. I'm very pro our Armed Forces. However, I see no link at all between a football club and a celebration of the Armed Services. As you say by all means let them in for free to a game. But don't restrict it to just Armed Services.

  3. #3
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    16,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4718 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2944
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I wonder if fans will be consulted by the fan reps if the suggestion grows arms and legs?
    Where are they? They seem to have gone to ground again?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  4. #4
    Administrator






    Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Leith.
    Posts
    46,837
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4936 Post(s)
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    1291
    I agree. Hibs seem to be slipping. They think like 10-20 in these meetings are the fans voice.


    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...
    They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.




    Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

  5. #5
    Radge Private Member





    Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    A stool at the bar
    Posts
    11,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    1562
    Rep Power
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumour is a fan is proposing the idea of an Armed Forces day at Easter Road at tonights Working Together meeting? Personally its not for me, it just reeks of Hunnishness.

    Let servicemen/ ex-servicemen in for free to a game, nae hassle, then the next game, we could maybe have an unemployed day, a zero hours contract day, a minimum wage day, a student day.

    They talk about keeping politics out of football then try and drag this stuff into agendas.

    I wonder if fans will be consulted by the fan reps if the suggestion grows arms and legs?
    Hibs have done tickets for the Forces for years, not sure how long.

    We've also done something around Armistice Day since at least the opening of the new East. On that occasion my daughter got a freebie and went on to become a season ticket holder then it declined a bit because of work shifts and is currently dormant as she rears the next generation of supporter :-) currently 10 months old and as cute as any Hibby could be!

    I think the most notable thing around Armistice Day has been the piper playing a lament. Something I've never read on the forums ever being criticised.

    It's not what we do it's how we do it.

    It obviously wasn't me that decided any of this and I'm easy osy with it so I'll not comment on the other groups you mention.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Edit. The only issue I think there may be would be the lack of available seats these days!
    Space to let

  6. #6
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Gourock
    Posts
    11,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1572 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    662
    Hunnish. Yes. That’s the word 🤔

  7. #7
    Radge Private Member
    Colchester Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumour is a fan is proposing the idea of an Armed Forces day at Easter Road at tonights Working Together meeting? Personally its not for me, it just reeks of Hunnishness.

    Let servicemen-women/ ex-servicemen-women in for free to a game, nae hassle, then the next game, we could maybe have an unemployed day, a zero hours contract day, a minimum wage day, a student day.

    They talk about keeping politics out of football then try and drag this stuff into agendas.

    I wonder if fans will be consulted by the fan reps if the suggestion grows arms and legs?
    As a serving soldier of 22 years, I'm on the fence with the idea, I'd like to think Hibs fans are above all of the political nonsense that we see at Ibrox and that we could perhaps let a few serving/vets in for Armistice day/game without actually making a big fuss about it. It's not like you're gonna see us doing the bouncy bouncy in the East stand is it. BUT over the last few years it's been forced on people a little with wearing poppies, Armed forces day etc, for my first 10 years serving no one gave a flying $#@! about us and i kind of liked it that way, all i see now is just BS sympathy!
    I actually cringe when someone says thank you for your service. A dignified silence on Armistice day is good enough, if you choose to do it fine, if you choose to ignore it thats fine too.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

  8. #8
    Donator
    HenryLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1189 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumour is a fan is proposing the idea of an Armed Forces day at Easter Road at tonights Working Together meeting? Personally its not for me, it just reeks of Hunnishness.

    Let servicemen-women/ ex-servicemen-women in for free to a game, nae hassle, then the next game, we could maybe have an unemployed day, a zero hours contract day, a minimum wage day, a student day.
    I agree. I think we can all appreciate the situation - and often bravery - of people who join the forces without necessarily endorsing the political backdrop to what they are engaged in.

    But how about, to pull two examples basically at random, firefighters and carers. What a grand thing it would be to have days focused around their contribution.
    so what do I know

  9. #9
    Coffee Shop Radge

    HaarlemShuffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Haarlem on the Spaarne, Holland
    Posts
    2,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by Colchester Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a serving soldier of 22 years, I'm on the fence with the idea, I'd like to think Hibs fans are above all of the political nonsense that we see at Ibrox and that we could perhaps let a few serving/vets in for Armistice day/game without actually making a big fuss about it. It's not like you're gonna see us doing the bouncy bouncy in the East stand is it. BUT over the last few years it's been forced on people a little with wearing poppies, Armed forces day etc, for my first 10 years serving no one gave a flying $#@! about us and i kind of liked it that way, all i see now is just BS sympathy!
    I actually cringe when someone says thank you for your service. A dignified silence on Armistice day is good enough, if you choose to do it fine, if you choose to ignore it thats fine too.
    I thank you for that post, you struck a good balance in how you see things with current 'default' values.

    We are in danger of becoming US Patriots when this is a time for independent thinkers.

    Mind you, ah am exceedingly pished.

  10. #10
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.

  11. #11
    Mussel-bound Radge

    Weehibbydrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Honest Toun
    Posts
    1,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.
    Thanks for that.
    GGTTH

  12. #12
    Radge Monthly Contributor

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    111
    As an ex serviceman I'm no' sure about this. It all seems a bit too hunnish for me. Give free tickets and respect armistice day. And never forget it's not about celebrating war it's remembering those who died. And most of them had no choice.

  13. #13
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.
    Good stuff and well done to the club doing this.

  14. #14
    Radge Donator
    Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Limburg province, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    877 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1372
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. I think we can all appreciate the situation - and often bravery - of people who join the forces without necessarily endorsing the political backdrop to what they are engaged in.

    But how about, to pull two examples basically at random, firefighters and carers. What a grand thing it would be to have days focused around their contribution.
    Mmm, this is generally where I sit.

    Public servants are generally respected in Scotland, and a show of that respect by the club is appropriate. Having a gaggle of pongos gamboling about the pitch with Hibs scarves, however, will undoubtedly draw the type of ire the club doesn't want.

  15. #15
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4460 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.
    Totally fine with this, not happy about current employed folk getting in for nixie, no matter what their job. Imagine of there was a 'Police Scotland day'

    Far keener for Hibs to get folk less fortunate into the game, long term unemployed, disabled, minorities,newly arrived immigrants etc.

    As an aside, that entire BTG thing seems to be a fiasco...are NHS even using it? I doubt it.

  16. #16
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6582 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1849
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    As an aside, that entire BTG thing seems to be a fiasco...are NHS even using it? I doubt it.
    Maybe our fans reps could update us? 👀

  17. #17
    Radge Private Member


    southfieldhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EH15
    Posts
    10,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4460 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1941
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe our fans reps could update us? 👀
    Good joke smurf.

    Was told a week or so back it's all fallen thru?

  18. #18
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4713 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    So did anyone ask the fans reps about their vote on the EBT thing?

  19. #19
    Radge

    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5714 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3750
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So did anyone ask the fans reps about their vote on the EBT thing?
    I did and posted it here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.
    That seems reasonable.
    nil satis nisi optimum

  20. #20
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The agenda item was recorded incorrectly. For the last few years we have on the match closest to Remembrance Day hosted residents from Erskine home at the game using the hospitality boxes in the famous 5. With the closure of BTG that's not an option this year and that's why the agenda item was raised.
    I thought BTG was getting opened again?

  21. #21
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bonnyrigg
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought BTG was getting opened again?
    Still to b,e confirmed but I think one floor might open but not the one with the boxes

  22. #22
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4713 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did and posted it here.
    I meant at the WT meeting. Plenty folk saying they were going to go to meeting to see the fans reps.

  23. #23
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still to b,e confirmed but I think one floor might open but not the one with the boxes
    There is a guy on .net saying he attended the meeting but was told you aren't allowed to post what was discussed?

  24. #24
    get off yer bum an sing radge


    Davy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    540
    Having family in the military I am happy to recognise their service, but agree there is no need. Where could it all end? Will we then have days for nhs staff, postmen, transexuals, cancer awareness etc etc Stick to the football, it is the one thing that unifies us. If we do anything then on poppy day/week have some military people to join the minutes silence, but we are not a recruiting station and young people can be easily influenced into a situation where their death can be the result.

  25. #25
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a guy on .net saying he attended the meeting but was told you aren't allowed to post what was discussed?
    How $#@!in meek can ya be? Why post that you are not supposed to post in the first place? $#@! off!

    Every time I come onto GHC I get $#@!in very mad.

  26. #26
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How $#@!in meek can ya be? Why post that you are not supposed to post in the first place? $#@! off!

    Every time I come onto GHC I get $#@!in very mad.
    So much for working together 😤

  27. #27
    Easy Now Radge



    beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck between the moon and new york city
    Posts
    14,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2086 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1887
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So much for working together 😤
    Frank & Tracey = Together

    Frank & Tracey & Board = Together

    Hibs fans? = The real together despite above.


    Brass necks. pffft

GoGO Back To Forum

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •