69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash

Just back from ram-a-lama-Dingwall

Just Back from a ram-a-lam-a-Dingwall

When it comes to Just Backs and the miles clocked up for some of the away games, they don't get much longer than the trip to Dingly Dell. Indeed, if it hadn't been for me having written the Just Back for Brondby away last season, it would take some beating. The trip takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside that blesses our national landscape but there's no denying it is a trek and coming back from playing County without anything to show for a journey in excess of 300 miles round trip, can have you feeling somewhat dingy. With a run of games on the horizon that would give anyone sleepless nights (either through fear or excitement - you choose) it was nigh on essential that the Hibees came home from the north with something in the way of points. Losing was not an option. On the way up the road, we spotted the most majestic stag lying at the side of the A9, clearly having been struck by some form of traffic. After my initial "aw man, someone's killed Bambi!" moment, I made a somewhat black joke about it being an omen. One Staggie down already...one to go. (Apologies to anyone of a sensitive doe eyed nature}...

Injuries have ravaged our back division and it was very predictable that it would be made up along the lines of Lewis, Efe, Paul and Roger. It wouldn't be my first choice back four, it wouldn't be the gaffer's and I doubt it would be for most of you. However, there was next to no choice and we could only hope that three of the four would raise their consistency and standards to that demonstrated by Lewis in midweek. Thank Sauzee the wee felly is back. More of that wee legend, later.

In the middle of the park, we know Lennon likes a bit of Bartman and Super(John) Man. It was always just going to be a question of who else got the nod...and this went to the Flying Squirrel, the Ginger Ninja, a legendary Irish pyromaniac and Mr Tick Tock - but with a different twist. Stokesy was played in the hole between the Bartman-Superman double act and the Ginger Ninja. Meanwhile, Dylan found himself out wide left, which made game involvement limited for him and I felt as uncomfortable about that as he looked at times. In goals, with the Celtc game on the horizon and a known forced appearance for him next week, was Ross Laidlaw. And more of that gie big yin later, too.

If Marvel Comics made football superhero cartoons...

The sun was shining down all day, making the trip, the pre-match and the game itself feel like we were in mid-summer. 1875 is off sunning himself in Madreed. Well, no matter how good his Athletico game or his pretty city, I'm sure it couldn't compare to today's Hibees away day. It was the most entertaining, exciting and atmospheric game since our wee trip to Mordor. I fair enjoyed it.

Ding, ding, Round One. Hibs started in really lively fashion, with the Squirrel, Stokesy and Co causing the home team no end of worry. Squirrel was flying down the right flank and Stokes was demonstrating movement and skill that reminded me to pinch myself we have him at the club again. However, it was to be club stalwart and captain for the day, Paul Hanlon, who would put the Hibees in front when he forced home a corner from SJM in a busy, frantic penalty area. It set the tone for the first half, where Hibs were in almost total ascendancy...but you all know the script - lots of possession, some nice play but no further end product.

Laidlaw was pretty much redundant throughout the opening period and really did not have much to do in the first half - the only thing I can recall was a poor effort from Billy McKay, that he dealt with easily, Lewis and Paul were giving a masterclass in aggression, reading the game and no end of speed and skill. It is fair to say this wasn't mirrored on the other side of the defence but I felt we were looking more secure at set pieces this week, with the defence marshalled noisily by Captain Hanlon. At the other end of the park, Scott Fox was once again playing well enough to win the official MotM award at the end of the game, thwarting Stokesy, in particular, time and again.

Hibs were well worth their lead at half time and the noisy, exuberant away support were very happy with proceedings at that point.

Ding, ding, Round Two. Into the second half and the home side started to come more into things. And the Staggies were possibly unlucky not to go level on 62 minutes.Michael Gardyne should probably have scored when clean in on goal but, somehow Ross Laidlaw got a touch on what looked a certain goal bound shot and then the ball kindly boomeranged back to him off his left hand post. It brought the Hibs support to their feet, encouraged the already constant backing to get even noisier and visibly encouraged the players to keep fighting even harder.

Laidlaw was to then make an excellent stop from a Schalk shot with all but 10 minutes left on the clock, determined to help us over the line and keep our first clean sheet of the season.
    With the clock running down, Stokes hit the post with a free kick, with Fox beaten all ends up.

The Hibees were to battle all the way to the final whistle + 2 minutes added on time. And, despite Andrew Dallas' best efforts to annoy them, Lennon, the supporters and especially Marvin Bartley, a vital 3 points were secured at the end of a toughly contested match. Our team showed bottle, aggression and spirit we haven't seen since that cheeky wee 3-2 in August. And it has to be said, me and every other Hibee who had made the journey to the Black Isle and back, were right pleased they had done so. What a tonic. Ram-a-lama-ding dong, indeed.

The Players

Laidlaw - perhaps his best outing in a Hibs jersey. Two cracking saves and some good takes at set pieces. He can go to Darkheid next week feeling content with his lot.
    Whittaker - one great run and shot saved by Fox that stopped an almost certain goal. Still not completely at it with regards to defending. My laddie said he was getting fed up at people waiting for him to muck up. They were but not completely without reason

Efe - better than of late. Was getting pelters from Lenny for wandering out of position a few times more than he, erm, let's say, appreciated. Much better at corners than recent games.
    Hanlon - captain's display, captain's goal. Aggressive, commanding and switched on.

Lewis - he was everywhere. Up and down the flank all day, cutting out balls going in behind the centre halves when it did happen, winning challenges, driving us on. He is back, should stay in the team and any further farting about with Whittaker at LB will have me doubt Lennon's nous. More than just a little...
    McGinn - I'm at a loss as to what is up with SJM at the moment. Another one of those Average JM games, again
    Bartman - took 37 mins to do anything of note (a cracking challenge on the touchline) but had a better second half
    Dylan - Mr Tick Tock was disenfranchised out wide left. It's increasingly frustrating seeing Hibs try to find a place for him in the team
    Squirrel - electric at times, dipped in and out of the game. Unplayable in the opening period.
    Murray - another game where he seemed off the pace. Wasn't his usual harrier self.
    Stokesy - some fine movement, great technique and top player mentality. Really unlucky not to score again

Dave - won a free kick when he came on, ran about a bit more than the last couple of games.

Slivka - came on for Dylan and tried to get involved

Man of the Match - two main contenders for me and neither Stokesy (who had another fine outing, btw). It was, Hibees through and through, Lewis the Legend and Paul Hanlon who caught the eye, the heart and mind. I cannae split them. They were everything they can be when they are at their best. And I love them for it. Welcome back, Lewy.

Andrew Dallas - pompous prat.

Hibs fans - outstanding, each and every one of you. It was the main body of the support making all the noise today (no Section seemed to be present?) and boy did they make a racket. I have no doubt it helped the team to the win. Well played, especially, the boys from West Lothian in Row N

Next stop a free hit at the Champions. And, why not?

Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent, and thank you.

Plenty of evidence that Lennon can get the tactics right more than Brendan, these hibs Celtic games are going to be interesting..

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    vCash
    Brilliant just back mate !
    Missed the game today and was relying on updates
    From @Glenn07 and pishy BBC sports thingy !
    Great 3 points, and an excellent just back 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    GGTTH

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well worth the wait. Cheers for that.

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    412 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cracking just back.

Sounds like we should have made it a more comfortable afternoon, but good to know Laidlaw had a solid game and we finally kept a clean sheet.

Celtic next... The GK & back four are unlikely to change, but there are options in midfield & attack. Personally I think Dylan is best as the deepest of a midfield three as he reads the game well and can build our play from there, so hopefully he moves back there next week.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    712 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's the 442 set up that doesn't suit McGeouch if Lennon decides he's the one to play on the left side that needs filled for that formation. McGinn has also been poor when played the left of a 4.

When it's 1 up front like Tuesday then Boyle and Swanson for example can take the wider roles and leave 3 more central midfield roles for the likes of McGinn, McGeouch and Bartley.

5 at the back would also allow for 3 in more central positions but that's ruled out just now due to injuries unless Lennon sticks Porteous in there for Parkhead.

Lennon had his reason for going with 2 up front and shoehorning McGeouch into the left sided role and it worked in that we got a good away win.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    vCash
    Been waiting for that all night, worth the wait 👍🏻
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers SK.

Maybe I'm being over critical of Stokes but I'd really expect him to impose his experience and class over all but the very best in this league. I'd like to see him do it in more than flashes.

Great result though. In all our previous meetings, 13 I think, they've won 7 and we've drawn 2 so winning today was a great result. I'm sure some statto will come up with the real figures but given n'th degree accuracy is no longer a requirement in my life the 'gist' is good enough ;-).

Well done Stokes and all!

And all the Hibees that made the trip.

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6343 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good work son.
    1875 will be pleased with your efforts.

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3347 Post(s)
    vCash
    Superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers SK11, damn fine report sir. Was there 3 players out at the corner Paul scored from? Or was it a straight cross in? Asking for a friend.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers SK11, damn fine report sir. Was there 3 players out at the corner Paul scored from? Or was it a straight cross in? Asking for a friend.
    Sorry.. I'm being honest here and saying that at 10p.m at night, Keen to get a report done and needing my kip because i was the daftie chauffeur there and back i decided not to elaborate too finely on that corner because I started to doubt myself...and both the folk i was at the game with were out for a drink - and i couldnt double check with them what we collectively recalled. It wasn't a case of Mcginn to Hanlon, iirc. But I clearly remembered the corner taker and the actual strike. So stuck to facts. Super took The corner, Hanlon scored and it was hectic. The place erupted and it's not easy reflecting on minutii when you've been adrenalin central for 5 mins after. Hope that clears it up.

Next?

I Was There And Went Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    It was a wee bit reminiscent of Paul's goal to make it 2-2 at Tynecastle.
    Seems like there's a hole in my dreams, or so it seems

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    Indeed but he was more upright

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    vCash

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee's Teeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Indeed but he was more upright
    Quote Originally Posted by davhfc View Post
    Seen it on twitter masel. Very PaulHanlonish right enuff 👍🇳🇬👍

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry.. I'm being honest here and saying that at 10p.m at night, Keen to get a report done and needing my kip because i was the daftie chauffeur there and back i decided not to elaborate too finely on that corner because I started to doubt myself...and both the folk i was at the game with were out for a drink - and i couldnt double check with them what we collectively recalled. It wasn't a case of Mcginn to Hanlon, iirc. But I clearly remembered the corner taker and the actual strike. So stuck to facts. Super took The corner, Hanlon scored and it was hectic. The place erupted and it's not easy reflecting on minutii when you've been adrenalin central for 5 mins after. Hope that clears it up.

Next?
    Wisnae a dig at your excellent report bud, just a wee enquiry as to how the corner was taken, I.e. A straight cross or half the team oot at it before it wis put into the box.👍

- - - Updated - - -

Next?
    Wisnae a dig at your excellent report bud, just a wee enquiry as to how the corner was taken, I.e. A straight cross or half the team oot at it before it wis put into the box.👍

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Administrator formerly known as Lanarkhibs
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great to read the just back and welcome to the beautiful constituency of Ross, Skye and Lochaber. If you enjoyed the scenery on the road up it gets even better heading west from Dingwall. Sad to say due to constituency engagements I could not make the game. Believe it or not, particularly since it is in the same constituency I am almost as far away from Dingwall in north Skye as it is from Dingwall to Edinburgh and yet it is still in the same constituency!
    From Skye to Leith, the home of the Hibees

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    vCash
    Excellent read. Thanks.
    GGTTHB

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    Just Back from a ram-a-lam-a-Dingwall

When it comes to Just Backs and the miles clocked up for some of the away games, they don't get much longer than the trip to Dingly Dell. Indeed, if it hadn't been for me having written the Just Back for Brondby away last season, it would take some beating. The trip takes you through some of the most beautiful countryside that blesses our national landscape but there's no denying it is a trek and coming back from playing County without anything to show for a journey in excess of 300 miles round trip, can have you feeling somewhat dingy. With a run of games on the horizon that would give anyone sleepless nights (either through fear or excitement - you choose) it was nigh on essential that the Hibees came home from the north with something in the way of points. Losing was not an option. On the way up the road, we spotted the most majestic stag lying at the side of the A9, clearly having been struck by some form of traffic. After my initial "aw man, someone's killed Bambi!" moment, I made a somewhat black joke about it being an omen. One Staggie down already...one to go. (Apologies to anyone of a sensitive doe eyed nature}...

Injuries have ravaged our back division and it was very predictable that it would be made up along the lines of Lewis, Efe, Paul and Roger. It wouldn't be my first choice back four, it wouldn't be the gaffer's and I doubt it would be for most of you. However, there was next to no choice and we could only hope that three of the four would raise their consistency and standards to that demonstrated by Lewis in midweek. Thank Sauzee the wee felly is back. More of that wee legend, later.

In the middle of the park, we know Lennon likes a bit of Bartman and Super(John) Man. It was always just going to be a question of who else got the nod...and this went to the Flying Squirrel, the Ginger Ninja, a legendary Irish pyromaniac and Mr Tick Tock - but with a different twist. Stokesy was played in the hole between the Bartman-Superman double act and the Ginger Ninja. Meanwhile, Dylan found himself out wide left, which made game involvement limited for him and I felt as uncomfortable about that as he looked at times. In goals, with the Celtc game on the horizon and a known forced appearance for him next week, was Ross Laidlaw. And more of that gie big yin later, too.

If Marvel Comics made football superhero cartoons...

The sun was shining down all day, making the trip, the pre-match and the game itself feel like we were in mid-summer. 1875 is off sunning himself in Madreed. Well, no matter how good his Athletico game or his pretty city, I'm sure it couldn't compare to today's Hibees away day. It was the most entertaining, exciting and atmospheric game since our wee trip to Mordor. I fair enjoyed it.

Ding, ding, Round One. Hibs started in really lively fashion, with the Squirrel, Stokesy and Co causing the home team no end of worry. Squirrel was flying down the right flank and Stokes was demonstrating movement and skill that reminded me to pinch myself we have him at the club again. However, it was to be club stalwart and captain for the day, Paul Hanlon, who would put the Hibees in front when he forced home a corner from SJM in a busy, frantic penalty area. It set the tone for the first half, where Hibs were in almost total ascendancy...but you all know the script - lots of possession, some nice play but no further end product.

Laidlaw was pretty much redundant throughout the opening period and really did not have much to do in the first half - the only thing I can recall was a poor effort from Billy McKay, that he dealt with easily, Lewis and Paul were giving a masterclass in aggression, reading the game and no end of speed and skill. It is fair to say this wasn't mirrored on the other side of the defence but I felt we were looking more secure at set pieces this week, with the defence marshalled noisily by Captain Hanlon. At the other end of the park, Scott Fox was once again playing well enough to win the official MotM award at the end of the game, thwarting Stokesy, in particular, time and again.

Hibs were well worth their lead at half time and the noisy, exuberant away support were very happy with proceedings at that point.

Ding, ding, Round Two. Into the second half and the home side started to come more into things. And the Staggies were possibly unlucky not to go level on 62 minutes.Michael Gardyne should probably have scored when clean in on goal but, somehow Ross Laidlaw got a touch on what looked a certain goal bound shot and then the ball kindly boomeranged back to him off his left hand post. It brought the Hibs support to their feet, encouraged the already constant backing to get even noisier and visibly encouraged the players to keep fighting even harder.

Laidlaw was to then make an excellent stop from a Schalk shot with all but 10 minutes left on the clock, determined to help us over the line and keep our first clean sheet of the season.
    With the clock running down, Stokes hit the post with a free kick, with Fox beaten all ends up.

The Hibees were to battle all the way to the final whistle + 2 minutes added on time. And, despite Andrew Dallas' best efforts to annoy them, Lennon, the supporters and especially Marvin Bartley, a vital 3 points were secured at the end of a toughly contested match. Our team showed bottle, aggression and spirit we haven't seen since that cheeky wee 3-2 in August. And it has to be said, me and every other Hibee who had made the journey to the Black Isle and back, were right pleased they had done so. What a tonic. Ram-a-lama-ding dong, indeed.

The Players

Laidlaw - perhaps his best outing in a Hibs jersey. Two cracking saves and some good takes at set pieces. He can go to Darkheid next week feeling content with his lot.
    Whittaker - one great run and shot saved by Fox that stopped an almost certain goal. Still not completely at it with regards to defending. My laddie said he was getting fed up at people waiting for him to muck up. They were but not completely without reason

Efe - better than of late. Was getting pelters from Lenny for wandering out of position a few times more than he, erm, let's say, appreciated. Much better at corners than recent games.
    Hanlon - captain's display, captain's goal. Aggressive, commanding and switched on.

Lewis - he was everywhere. Up and down the flank all day, cutting out balls going in behind the centre halves when it did happen, winning challenges, driving us on. He is back, should stay in the team and any further farting about with Whittaker at LB will have me doubt Lennon's nous. More than just a little...
    McGinn - I'm at a loss as to what is up with SJM at the moment. Another one of those Average JM games, again
    Bartman - took 37 mins to do anything of note (a cracking challenge on the touchline) but had a better second half
    Dylan - Mr Tick Tock was disenfranchised out wide left. It's increasingly frustrating seeing Hibs try to find a place for him in the team
    Squirrel - electric at times, dipped in and out of the game. Unplayable in the opening period.
    Murray - another game where he seemed off the pace. Wasn't his usual harrier self.
    Stokesy - some fine movement, great technique and top player mentality. Really unlucky not to score again

Dave - won a free kick when he came on, ran about a bit more than the last couple of games.

Slivka - came on for Dylan and tried to get involved

Man of the Match - two main contenders for me and neither Stokesy (who had another fine outing, btw). It was, Hibees through and through, Lewis the Legend and Paul Hanlon who caught the eye, the heart and mind. I cannae split them. They were everything they can be when they are at their best. And I love them for it. Welcome back, Lewy.

Andrew Dallas - pompous prat.

Hibs fans - outstanding, each and every one of you. It was the main body of the support making all the noise today (no Section seemed to be present?) and boy did they make a racket. I have no doubt it helped the team to the win. Well played, especially, the boys from West Lothian in Row N

Next stop a free hit at the Champions. And, why not?

Thank you G. Great report. Hope folk on here now appreciated the extra miles and hours Mark and SK have put into this . Just Back is an important Hibee opinion each week and has always been so since inception. Thanks to those who have volunteered to do the home games.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Toddler Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    vCash
    Great report sk
    Glad someone taking up the batton and the just back's continue. .
    Think we'll give Celtic a game. ...
    Bring it on GGTTH

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    557 Post(s)
    vCash
    The Hibs TV coverage is a real hoot. In the absence of the commentary, there are a few County Neanderthals picked up on the recording effing and blinding. Pricless

Baltic Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)
    vCash
    A great & much appreciated report, SKII

The clean sheet win is hugely pleasing going into a tough run of games. Hopefully we can give a good showing at Smeltic next week.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cheers for the report, good for us too finally get a clean sheet in the league this season!

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]

Actually I enjoyed the Atletico game more than any Hibs game since the win at Hunnery. You should see their singing section, 5000 strong and like Since 1875, they sing all game, indeed they start about an hour before kick off. They even put the corporate boxes right above them and the corpo guys were singing and bouncing along.

The Wanda Metropolitano is a proper football stadium with proper fantical football fans and I dont even support or have any real interest in Atletico, simply my pal supports them and I love watching fitba wherever I go.

Go if you can, its the best new stadium I have been in for football atmosphere.

Whilst I am delighted Hibs won, I enjoyed my day out without thinking about Hibs until my son sent me a text saying we had went one up.

Good write up, made positive reading and I dinnae envy you having to do it after that drive.

Thanks! Now the BBC highlights.
    nil satis nisi optimum

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2471 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Actually I enjoyed the Atletico game more than any Hibs game since the win at Hunnery. You should see their singing section, 5000 strong and like Since 1875, they sing all game, indeed they start about an hour before kick off. They even put the corporate boxes right above them and the corpo guys were singing and bouncing along.

The Wanda Metropolitano is a proper football stadium with proper fantical football fans and I dont even support or have any real interest in Atletico, simply my pal supports them and I love watching fitba wherever I go.

Whilst I am delighted Hibs won, I enjoyed my day out without thinking about Hibs until my son sent me a text saying we had went one up.

Good write up, made positive reading and I dinnae envy you having to do it after that drive.

Pretty $#@!e just back mate. Nae teams , results or scorers... No a patch on the other one from SK11

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4612 Post(s)
    vCash

Good to hear you had a good time. The hotel we stayed in when we were in Madrid in July was very close to the new ground and we visited it.

As for not thinking about Hibs playing though...youve changed

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5559 Post(s)
    vCash
    Good to hear you had a good time. The hotel we stayed in when we were in Madrid in July was very close to the new ground and we visited it.

As for not thinking about Hibs playing though...youve changef
    I have, yes. I think the moaning and bickering finally got me. That with being called an uber fan one time too many.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4214 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have, yes. I think the moaning and bickering finally got me. That with being called an uber fan one time too many.
    You're banned.

From London!
    Space to let

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Like the mafia, it'll suck you back in... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][SIZE=2]Just Back from a ram-a-lam-a-Dingwall
    And sorry, forgot to say - thank you for the report. As with 1875's, a class above anything available in the general media.
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4386 Post(s)
    vCash

Was at Marseille v Toulouse on Sunday night with Robbie and a few other Hibbys ( and a token jambo). Stade Velodrome isn't technically a new stadium,but the upgrade they've performed is awesome. Kept the integrity of the old ground, just added a roof that keeps the volume inside. Holds about 67K, reckon there was about 35K inside, with two rival curvas, North and South.Both pretty well rammed and both constantly signing. Very noisy, very good. I'd recommend a weekend there.

GoGO Back To Forum