Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    vCash

Singing section

Guys gonna say it again the singing section being in the FF is not working we had 17k there again and I could hear Motherwell more than us waste of time in that corner up there you might hear it but it doesn't travel well and doesn't make us an intimidating place to be!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys gonna say it again the singing section being in the FF is not working we had 17k there again and I could hear Motherwell more than us waste of time in that corner up there you might hear it but it doesn't travel well and doesn't make us an intimidating place to be!
    Totally agree. The move to FF has been nothing short of disastrous. I sit near where it used to be and now the atmosphere here is a bit flat. No group of fans is really starting the songs anymore. Thats the thing about fans. You get fans who start songs and fans who join in. If you take away the fans who start them then the joiners in just dont sing much. Now the East is turning into the West. There is no wall of noise spreading along the East. Its a bit like a morgue and taken away a big part of what made the East special and intimidating. God knows what the logic was in putting the Singing Section as far from opposition fans as possible. I hope the club and singing section both realise this was a failed experiment and switch back as soon as possible.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    vCash
    The problem is, there are 200 odd in the singing section and still only about 30-40 max sing.

If everyone that has a ticket in there actually joined in, then it would be fantastic.

I wouldn't call it a failed experiment. We have had 2 home league games.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5713 Post(s)
    vCash
    I want it to succeed, but from my seat in the west lower I can barely hear you guys, the away fans are noisier.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Scottish no british, ya radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz1875 View Post
    Agree with this, very bad move puting it in there, can barely hear it from my seat in 43

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    Like everyone else, when the east sang I could hear it, when the FF sings it's muted. Wrong stand guys.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    vCash
    There seems to be suggestions they had no choice in move?

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    There is def both sides to the argument.

The singing section is not sold out by people who wanna join in and a whole lot of families and others tend to be there from midway up and many do not join in..some even look bemused. A lot of sec 43 people have not made the move.

There are supporters to the right...but many or most are families who do not join in much. Down the front is kinda out of sight and to the rear I have addressed. To the left there is the side of the stand so no one there to join in..so in a nutshell, no matter how much noise is made, very few people will join in within the FF

The stadium is also built in such a way that at the edges of the stand..where singing section is, you cant even see people in the East and feel very disconnected.

In sec 43 many others did join in, however even there it was sporadic and often limited to big games which bring their own atmosphere anyway. Sec 42 for example is often deadly quiet, despite it's proximity. This may be to be with people being asked to sit down.

When away ends are noisy, it is because they have between 1-3k supporters compressed who want to sing and they will make more noise and always outsing 200 supporters at the other end of the ground.

Points made about needing people in the East to start the songs are valid..however far to often in the past when there was people, not enough others joined in.

If supporters want an atmosphere they must be willing to help create it, there is no point sitting in a stand that everyone knows is dead in terms of noise and complaining about the few people who are trying.

The old East did not rely on drums or someone to get people going, the supporters who wanted to sing just knew where to go and others were so close they joined in. I suggest people who want an atmosphere grab a few beers prior to entering and get in amongst like minded people

Personally I do favour a return to sec 43, but now that others have STs there it might be difficult to accommodate. Actually I favour a standing area where no one expects anyone to sit.

The singing section is great in another respect, you do not hear too many people grumbling about stray passes and how badly a player is doing, or endure 90 minutes of someones commentary or their so called valid points that are often tedious and guff. The guys just sing and when something goes wrong they often sing louder to drown out the groans

Sorry if points are a bit all over the place

footnote...did anyone notice the flares in the away end at syart of M/well game, 2 guys holding them up and stewards doing nothin?

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6581 Post(s)
    vCash
    2-0 the atmosphere in ER was like a morgue. We need to make much more noise collectively not just the 'Singing section'.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    vCash
    As away fans It was only a few weeks ago we silenced a crowd about 3x bigger than yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1572 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    There seems to be suggestions they had no choice in move?
    Looking back threads on the bounce, that would seem to be categorically not the case.

Radge Monthly Contributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    vCash
    Fair enough, seemed to be suggestions yesterday they were 'persuaded ' by club and police

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1572 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    Fair enough, seemed to be suggestions yesterday they were 'persuaded ' by club and police
    I'll bump the threads they are worth a re read at this point.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)
    vCash
    As much as i agree with a lot of what has been posted on here about the section not working where it is!

Its pisses me off when people say that the atmosphere is flat!!

If its flat, START SINGING!!!

Why should everything be left to the section guys??? Do you acctually forget what this group of supporters have done??

At least they are willing to try and change things?? Dont criticize them for a flat atmosphere!!! U want ER bouncing? then join in?!

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4710 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I'll bump the threads they are worth a re read at this point.
    I think there is an underlying current from some folk on other social media that they were made to move, not anything that was said on the Bounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1572 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    I think there is an underlying current from some folk on other social media that they were made to move, not anything that was said on the Bounce.
    I didn't think it was to be honest, but there's info in the threads that I think is quite helpful with open information on how the move came about.

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    vCash
    The boys are doing their best, think probably what was overlooked was that at least in the East there is a significant number of folk who join in at certain points, swelling the noise - that just isn't there in the FF. There is not a critical mass of fans in the East now who are prepared to start songs, and the noise doesn't carry enough from the small group in the FF to be contagious in other parts of the ground. I could see the logic in moving at the time regarding the acoustics, but it seems to have had the opposite effect as intended. However, at the end of the day it is up to all of us to create the noise - the way some folk go on (not on here I would add) it is as if Since1875 provide some sort of service that people believe they are entitled to as part of their matchday experience, rather than being the catalyst for an atmosphere.

I hope they can eventually relocate to the back of the East Stand, approximately where noise use to be generated in the old east. However not sure how practical that is in the short term. For now, best solution is for those that are up for singing in the east to step up, and maybe get some call and response going on with the FF to kick it off and bring folk into it.

Either way, massive respect to them as it must be a thankless task sometimes.
    Ni neart go cur le chile
    www.stpatsfc.com

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    The boys are doing their best, think probably what was overlooked was that at least in the East there is a significant number of folk who join in at certain points, swelling the noise - that just isn't there in the FF. There is not a critical mass of fans in the East now who are prepared to start songs, and the noise doesn't carry enough from the small group in the FF to be contagious in other parts of the ground. I could see the logic in moving at the time regarding the acoustics, but it seems to have had the opposite effect as intended. However, at the end of the day it is up to all of us to create the noise - the way some folk go on (not on here I would add) it is as if Since1875 provide some sort of service that people believe they are entitled to as part of their matchday experience, rather than being the catalyst for an atmosphere.I hope they can eventually relocate to the back of the East Stand, approximately where noise use to be generated in the old east. However not sure how practical that is in the short term. For now, best solution is for those that are up for singing in the east to step up, and maybe get some call and response going on with the FF to kick it off and bring folk into it. Either way, massive respect to them as it must be a thankless task sometimes.
    It looks like from west lower only a few guys in the front rows of the singing section sing. I can hear the away fans more.Section in the east near away fans has plenty space . Personally they were better on the east. I don't mean the wee group that use to gather down the front

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    vCash
    The lads put in a good effort tonight as they always do HOWEVER, it's a total waste up in the F5, the East needs em back where they were imho, the songs just don't catch on to the rest of the stadium.
    HEARTS ARE NADE!

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)
    vCash
    I stay in the flats behind the south ,didn't go last night but was out the back where I can see the turnstiles and could here the drum and the guys singing loud and clear.The people dissing this seem to be the ones that want them moved to be beside them to creat an atmosphere

Justified Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3410 Post(s)
    vCash
    They were excellent last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash
    After yesterday I'm now agreeing that it isn't working in the FF. I sit in sect 43 and can only hear the drum with next to no signing to accompany it. Luckily people in sect 43 are still starting songs there and keeping a bit atmosphere there

Since 1875

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    After yesterday I'm now agreeing that it isn't working in the FF. I sit in sect 43 and can only hear the drum with next to no signing to accompany it. Luckily people in sect 43 are still starting songs there and keeping a bit atmosphere there
    Posted this over the road.

Disagree. Barely a soul joined in at the front of the East. Now a block of 300 like minds do and you can see the FF lower/West joining in when they previously never.

These threads have existed for the past 5 seasons - it's now East stand who have the can't hear comments.

Reading through the comments from this and similar threads it appears to be supporters housed in the East that used to be near the previous location of the singing section who are unhappy. I assume because their matchday experience has dropped now SS are hosted in FF.

Up to folk to create their own matchday experience, not the 0.01% who try organise one.

Solution is simple - sing up, then those around you will too.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    222 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesbounceross View Post
    Posted this over the road.Disagree. Barely a soul joined in at the front of the East. Now a block of 300 like minds do and you can see the FF lower/West joining in when they previously never.These threads have existed for the past 5 seasons - it's now East stand who have the can't hear comments.Reading through the comments from this and similar threads it appears to be supporters housed in the East that used to be near the previous location of the singing section who are unhappy. I assume because their matchday experience has dropped now SS are hosted in FF.Up to folk to create their own matchday experience, not the 0.01% who try organise one.Solution is simple - sing up, then those around you will too.
    I'm in west and only see few rows in singing section that sing. A key member of singing section also posted this on taliban .net yesterday.It's whole support to create atmosphere. Back if section 43 started a few songs yesterday. If we are beating scumbos next week while stadium will join in. Place will be bouncing.Was only a few singing section next to drummer at parkhead. Majority of hibs end joined in. It was one of best away atmospheres in many a year

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    vCash

Disagree. Barely a soul joined in at the front of the East. Now a block of 300 like minds do and you can see the FF lower/West joining in when they previously never.

These threads have existed for the past 5 seasons - it's now East stand who have the can't hear comments.

Reading through the comments from this and similar threads it appears to be supporters housed in the East that used to be near the previous location of the singing section who are unhappy. I assume because their matchday experience has dropped now SS are hosted in FF.

Up to folk to create their own matchday experience, not the 0.01% who try organise one.

Singing disnae work like that. You get those who start the songs and keep them coming. And you get those who join in and spread the songs once they've started. Most of the ones in East who started the singing are now at back of FF. Its made the atmosphere at the Away end of the East go a bit flat. Cant understand why a singing section would want to be that far from the Away fans. Despite record ST sales we've now got a bit of a morgue atmosphere for most games. Make sense if all concerned admitted this experiment was a mistake and reversed it.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5713 Post(s)
    vCash
    Ross, you guys turned Easter Road into a wall of sound from the library it was. I sit on the 18 yard line of the west stand lower nearest the famous five. All I hear is the drum, the away fans and the fans still in section 42. Its not a criticism of you guys, you are brilliant. But the sound doesn't carry and dafties like me cannae join in as we cannae hear what you are singing. It was so disjointed yesterday, the east sang one thing, you guys seemed to be singing something else?

But your new location simply disnae work, the sound doesnt seem to carry to other stands.

I was at Atletico Madrid Sevilla at the new Wanda Metropolitan Stadium the other week, their Ultras are based in the equivalent of the Famous five lower and make the atmosphere, thing is there is 5000 of them, their capo has his own podium and a feckin microphone linked to the stadium tannoy. I support Barca and hated what the Madristas chanted, but it was impressive.

Keep going mate, but consider location?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4458 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    Ross, you guys turned Easter Road into a wall of sound from the library it was. I sit on the 18 yard line of the west stand lower nearest the famous five. All I hear is the drum, the away fans and the fans still in section 42. Its not a criticism of you guys, you are brilliant. But the sound doesn't carry and dafties like me cannae join in as we cannae hear what you are singing. It was so disjointed yesterday, the east sang one thing, you guys seemed to be singing something else?

But your new location simply disnae work, the sound doesnt seem to carry to other stands.

I was at Atletico Madrid Sevilla at the new Wanda Metropolitan Stadium the other week, their Ultras are based in the equivalent of the Famous five lower and make the atmosphere, thing is there is 5000 of them, their capo has his own podium and a feckin microphone linked to the stadium tannoy. I support Barca and hated what the Madristas chanted, but it was impressive.

Location might be a problem? Relocating to the east won’t be easy if we keep season ticket numbers up.

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    It’s probably well documented why they moved but I never seen it, why did they move from the East? I’m in ff lower and can obviously hear them, I could also hear them in the East, why move?

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

get off yer bum an sing radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2208 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C4MMY View Post
    Was actually louder during the first half than in some other games. I think being so near the wall to the side inhibits sound to carry to the East...but as other's have said, if you wanna have noise, make some, or move to singing section to join in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post

A friend went to Marseille recently and attended a game and there was similar thing there. But she found it very orchestrated and couldn't understand why people would wanna spend their time with their back to the goal.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4936 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybilly View Post
    It’s probably well documented why they moved but I never seen it, why did they move from the East? I’m in ff lower and can obviously hear them, I could also hear them in the East, why move?
    Coz hibs didnt want them in the east lower causing havoc so now hibs have a tighter control on them stuck in a corner high up in the FF... thats no the reason, thats just my thoughts.

Should have stayed put or at least moved to behind the front to the middle o 43. From the middle back its standing anyway.

Just imo like. The 300 up there could have made the whole block top to back o 43 bouncing.

Hibs are standing on the brink of history...
    They've only gone and done it..
    They've only gone and won The Scottish Cup.

Bounce Hibs Ladies Player Sponsorship

radge grandad radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2517 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Coz hibs didnt want them in the east lower causing havoc so now hibs have a tighter control on them stuck in a corner high up in the FF... thats no the reason, thats just my thoughts.

Should have stayed put or at least moved to behind the front to the middle o 43. From the middle back its standing anyway.

Just imo like. The 300 up there could have made the whole block top to back o 43 bouncing.
    Seems daft them up there tae me tae.

Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4276 Post(s)
    vCash
    They should have been in the middle of the East from the start.
    Space to let

Radge Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)
    vCash
    We can't all be wrong, can't hear a thing, just the away support and banging of drum (even that sounds muted), has to be moved back to where it belongs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    vCash

im not criticising you guys effort bit as others have said it's no working up there. I originally moved to sect 43 to be near you guys but decided against moving to the FF as I actually really like my seat or I probs would have. I think most games match day experience is still good where I am as people there do still start a lot of songs throughout the game. Your guys location needs to change to help yous to continue to grow and thrive and until that happens it's gonna remain much the same. As @1875 said it's all disjointed cause most of the time we can only hear the drum so have to guess what song you guys are singing from that and we end up on a totally different one

Rock n' Roll Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    434 Post(s)
    vCash
    The drum is the only thing that really carries accross the stadium, but the songs get lost sadly. I think the location needs to change, even the FF Lower would be better.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1634 Post(s)
    vCash

$#@!ing spot on.

BIG G

GoGO Back To Forum