Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 42 of 42

Thread: Tuesday

  1. #1
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755

    Tuesday

    Get Lewis and Dylan back in.

    They have every right to ask why if they are not selected.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  2. #2
    Justified Radge



    aggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Montrose Terrace Massive
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3340 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2032
    Correct.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'...

  3. #3
    Radge Private Member
    Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    35,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6480 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1846
    Correct.

    And I'd be tempted to drop Marciano.

  4. #4
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nitten
    Posts
    11,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    660
    Dylan seems to have been sacrificed for Bartley, it’s difficult to fit those two and super into a team and have the width that barker and Boyler give us.

    Unless you play with one up front or three at the back. I don’t mind 4-5-1 if it’s expansive and attacking but I’m not sure either of our main forward can fulfill that role.

    Dylan would be in my first 11 though, if fit, which he seems to be.

  5. #5
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Bartley took a knock today. Give him a rest.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  6. #6
    Quite a bit past it radge






    Sir Shrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    23,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6335 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2581
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    And I'd be tempted to drop Marciano.
    Rocky was.

    Extremely.

  7. #7
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Lewis and Dylan back in. They have every right to ask why if they are not selected.
    And Slivkia

  8. #8
    Radge Monthly Contributor






    emerald green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Far away
    Posts
    3,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

    And I'd be tempted to drop Marciano.
    completely agree.

    [

  9. #9
    Radge Donator


    brianmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    483
    I just can't fathom why Whittaker is playing ahead of Stevenson.
    Even more baffling was whitty's international call up! But that's for another day...
    He looks like he's towing a trailer when he's trying to run, seems incapable of the most basic of passes and looks completely lacking in confidence-which is strange given the amount of faith Lennon has shown in him.
    Not that I'm singling him out though. I reckon 4 of the back 5 today were rank rotten, with only Hanlon getting slight pass marks (5½ out of 10).

    Playing the 2 wingers didn't really work out either. I though Barker was great for 25 minutes and Boyle was ok for about 10.... It left us with McGinn and Bartley up against 4 or 5 'Well players all game - no surprise they over ran us in the end.

    The Livi game on Tuesday now takes on even more significance. We MUST get back to winning ways, otherwise these couple of set backs we've had might snowball into a much worse run of form.
    GGTTH.

  10. #10
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can't fathom why Whittaker is playing ahead of Stevenson.

    The Livi game on now takes on even more significance. We MUST get back to winning ways, otherwise these couple of set backs we've had might snowball into a much worse run of form.
    GGTTH.
    Whittaker is too right sided and lacking pace. It's bizarre he is persisting with him at LB.

    I'd go as far to say we need to also win next week too. The games after Dingwall are going to be hard to get anything from
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  11. #11
    Radge Private Member
    Robert Barone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeyhill
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    274
    I wasn't particularly excited by the Whittaker signing as I always thought he was suspect defensively. Was quite happy with Gray and Lewis as I thought they gave us a stability and consistency. Time to go back to basics defensively and we're also clearly not good enough to play with two out and out wingers. We get crucified in midfield and are far too easy to play thru..which contributes to the lack of defensive shape as they get pulled out of position.

    There is a good team amongst the players we have but Lennon hasn't found it yet.

    Maybe too many players not 'match fit' yet too. A few have played very little football in the past year and it showed today at times.

    Ball retention was pathetic today...we could certainly do with Dylan back to help us out there.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Very few teams operate with two out and out wingers as Hibs did today....it just leaves us outnumbered in the middle of the park. I would certainly have McGeogh back in and possibly Swanson. McGinn was left to do far too much work against a combative Motherwell midfield who were doubling up on him throughout the game. I like Whittaker as a player but if he is a defender then I am the Archbishop of Canterbury. He doesn't have a defensive instinct in his body. He is classy going forward and as an attacking midfielder for me that is the role he should have in the team. I thought this years ago when he was here the first time and it is still the case. Having two right-footed players like Barker and Whittaker playing on the left was a bit confusing. Stevenson is a good defensive player...however I think Lennon gets frustrated with his inability to cross a ball properly
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  13. #13
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very few teams operate with two out and out wingers as Hibs did today....it just leaves us outnumbered in the middle of the park. I would certainly have McGeogh back in and possibly Swanson. McGinn was left to do far too much work against a combative Motherwell midfield who were doubling up on him throughout the game. I like Whittaker as a player but if he is a defender then I am the Archbishop of Canterbury. He doesn't have a defensive instinct in his body. He is classy going forward and as an attacking midfielder for me that is the role he should have in the team. I thought this years ago when he was here the first time and it is still the case. Having two right-footed players like Barker and Whittaker playing on the left was a bit confusing. Stevenson is a good defensive player...however I think Lennon gets frustrated with his inability to cross a ball properly
    Sorry GM but Swanson has done nothing to be in the starting 11 the middle should be Barts in the holding position with McGeouch Silvika and SJM.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  14. #14
    Radge Donator
    bigmanandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The East Stand
    Posts
    7,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    784 Post(s)
    vCash
    1075
    Rep Power
    166
    It'll be a second string side on Tuesday I'd have thought.

  15. #15
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry GM but Swanson has done nothing to be in the starting 11 the middle should be Barts in the holding position with McGeouch Silvika and SJM.
    Where would Boyle play?
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  16. #16
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where would Boyle play?
    Go back to Three at the back with Efe, Hanlon, Stevenson, Barts, McGeouch, Silvika, SJM, Boyle, Stokes & MurrayWould put Laidlaw in goals too.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  17. #17
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nitten
    Posts
    11,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go back to Three at the back with Efe, Hanlon, Stevenson, Barts, McGeouch, Silvika, SJM, Boyle, Stokes & MurrayWould put Laidlaw in goals too.
    I think that's too narrow in the middle, and I'd not play Stevenson in a back 3. If we do play 3-5-2 the best wing backs I think are gray and Stevenson.

  18. #18
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's too narrow in the middle, and I'd not play Stevenson in a back 3. If we do play 3-5-2 the best wing backs I think are gray and Stevenson.
    Agreed.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  19. #19
    Statistically Radge Admin

    Purple & Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Nitten
    Posts
    11,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1500 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bartley took a knock today. Give him a rest.
    I'd go along with that; I think the opposition probably allows us to take a less defensive approach

  20. #20
    Player Sponsor



    Wannabehibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East of WeegieLand
    Posts
    7,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4647 Post(s)
    vCash
    1275
    Rep Power
    1109
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be a second string side on Tuesday I'd have thought.
    Why do you think that? It's our only realistic chance of winning anything

  21. #21
    Radge Monthly Contributor



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go back to Three at the back with Efe, Hanlon, Stevenson, Barts, McGeouch, Silvika, SJM, Boyle, Stokes & MurrayWould put Laidlaw in goals too.
    Stevenson or barts in a three man central defence??
    I do think that three at the back could work but we don't have the personal mate unless porteous comes in
    We need to get back to basics and we are certainly not good enough to play with two out and out wingers today showed that

  22. #22
    Radge Donator


    brianmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you think that? It's our only realistic chance of winning anything
    Totally agree , we're not going to win the League so how any Hibby can play down the chance of getting to another cup semi leaves me baffled.

  23. #23
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    380
    I think the squad is suited to a 433;
    Marciano
    Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
    Slivka McGeouch McGinn
    Boyle Murray Stokes
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  24. #24
    Toddler Radge
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kilburn
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    30

    Second string? Bloody well hope not!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanandy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be a second string side on Tuesday I'd have thought.
    Aye. We've won a whole ten major trophies in 142 years and we bagged the last of those a mere 16 months ago, so, like the shopkeeper in Mr.Benn, another gleaming piece of silverware is bound to appear, as if by magic, in the near future. No need to make the effort of fielding a 1st XI of highly-paid professional athletes, who already face the immensely draining and almost herculean task of playing nine matches in the nine weeks that make up September and October.
    Very rare Tuesday off work, so I'll be blowing £150+ to see this.
    Oh!... & I look forward to the indignant threads (mainly on the other site) expressing disgust, should Livingston and/or the SFA not release a statement in the next 48 hours announcing they'll be handing over our League Cup trophy and medals from the 2004 final in a pre-match ceremony. Might even be the odd banner.

  25. #25
    Coffee Shop Radge

    HaarlemShuffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Haarlem on the Spaarne, Holland
    Posts
    2,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Anne's View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. We've won a whole ten major trophies in 142 years and we bagged the last of those a mere 16 months ago, so, like the shopkeeper in Mr.Benn, another gleaming piece of silverware is bound to appear, as if by magic, in the near future. No need to make the effort of fielding a 1st XI of highly-paid professional athletes, who already face the immensely draining and almost herculean task of playing nine matches in the nine weeks that make up September and October.
    Very rare Tuesday off work, so I'll be blowing £150+ to see this.
    Oh!... & I look forward to the indignant threads (mainly on the other site) expressing disgust, should Livingston and/or the SFA not release a statement in the next 48 hours announcing they'll be handing over our League Cup trophy and medals from the 2004 final in a pre-match ceremony. Might even be the odd banner.
    You forgot your spammy link to Sun Betting methinks?

    Anyway, nice to hear your genuine views with stats back up.
    Fúckin clubs are fúckin dull the fúckin pubs are fúckin full
    Of fúckin girls and fúckin guys with fúckin murder in their eyes

  26. #26
    Scottish no british, ya radge


    Desperate Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    3,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Lewis and Dylan back in.

    They have every right to ask why if they are not selected.
    Agreed. I particularly cannae see why he is persisting with Whittaker at LB, he has been rank there. If I were Lewis Stevenson I'd be at the managers door asking questions about that decision. I hope Lennon isnae going tae be one of those managers that persists with something that disnae work rather than admitting that it is just wrong.

  27. #27
    Radge Private Member

    Green Sleeves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the early days of a better nation
    Posts
    2,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by The Family View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry GM but Swanson has done nothing to be in the starting 11 the middle should be Barts in the holding position with McGeouch Silvika and SJM.
    That's fine for a midfield but where do the width & goals come from if Lennon can then only pick 2 more from Boyle, Barker, Murray & Stokes?

  28. #28
    Radge Private Member



    dmn1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cumbernauld
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1275 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    204
    I'd make a few changes for Tuesday. I'd bring Lewis in for Whittaker. Porteous in for Ambrose.
    Its Liam Henderson to deliver...
    And David Gray has scored! The captain!
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history!


  29. #29
    Capital Radge


    The Family's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Capital
    Posts
    2,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1607 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Sleeves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's fine for a midfield but where do the width & goals come from if Lennon can then only pick 2 more from Boyle, Barker, Murray & Stokes?
    The width comes from Boyle

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevenson or barts in a three man central defence??
    I do think that three at the back could work but we don't have the personal mate unless porteous comes in
    We need to get back to basics and we are certainly not good enough to play with two out and out wingers today showed that
    Barts playing in front of the back three, change Stevenson with Sir David Gray then

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's too narrow in the middle, and I'd not play Stevenson in a back 3. If we do play 3-5-2 the best wing backs I think are gray and Stevenson.
    How is it too narrow with Barts playing in behind them and that's our best midfield Three imho.
    "THE HIBEES FAMILY"

  30. #30
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3751 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    I think it's time we went something in a 433 fashion. Get more in midfield and play Stokes up front on his own. Murray kicked us off well and got himself the goals, but he's went off a bit, Stokes plays too deep for me, I get why because his link up is good, but we'll get more from him further forward with players supporting him instead of the reverse.

    Get Dylan back in that midfield because he was the metronome in the games before. We have far too many midfielders to only play 2 central.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  31. #31
    Administrator


    SKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    15,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4571 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's time we went something in a 433 fashion. Get more in midfield and play Stokes up front on his own. Murray kicked us off well and got himself the goals, but he's went off a bit, Stokes plays too deep for me, I get why because his link up is good, but we'll get more from him further forward with players supporting him instead of the reverse.

    Get Dylan back in that midfield because he was the metronome in the games before. We have far too many midfielders to only play 2 central.
    As always Hammi you're far too sensible
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

  32. #32
    Radge


    1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Murraystoon
    Posts
    36,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5533 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    3467
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's time we went something in a 433 fashion. Get more in midfield and play Stokes up front on his own. Murray kicked us off well and got himself the goals, but he's went off a bit, Stokes plays too deep for me, I get why because his link up is good, but we'll get more from him further forward with players supporting him instead of the reverse.

    Get Dylan back in that midfield because he was the metronome in the games before. We have far too many midfielders to only play 2 central.
    Aww hey you!
    nil satis nisi optimum

  33. #33
    Baby Radge
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    0
    Genuinely don't understand what Lennon is seeing in Whittaker. Cost us at Dundee, cost us in Perth, cost us again against Motherwell. No idea why Stevenson was dropped. We know he can't cross a ball, but at least he's defensively solid. Whittaker didn't seem to want to cross the halfway line on Saturday ffs.

    I'd drop Marciano, looked a bombscare every time 'Well crossed the ball. Came for everything apart from the 1st goal, but got nothing.

    I'd play 4-3-3:
    Laidlaw, Stevenson, Hanlon, Ambrose, Gray, Bartley (if fit), McGeough, SJM, Stokes, Murray, Boyle. If Bartley's not fit, I'd bring Slivka in. I think we have to play 3 though, because as good as Bartley and SJM are, they get overrun if they're left alone.

    Don't understand why Stokes hasn't played off the left more often, considering that's where he usually plays best? I'd also consider dropping Murray for Dingwall if his game doesn't pick up on Tuesday, because I don't think he's offered much of a goal threat recently. Others might see differently with me on that though.

  34. #34
    Radge Private Member

    Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1924 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Cragles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely don't understand what Lennon is seeing in Whittaker. Cost us at Dundee, cost us in Perth, cost us again against Motherwell. No idea why Stevenson was dropped. We know he can't cross a ball, but at least he's defensively solid. Whittaker didn't seem to want to cross the halfway line on Saturday ffs.

    I'd drop Marciano, looked a bombscare every time 'Well crossed the ball. Came for everything apart from the 1st goal, but got nothing.

    I'd play 4-3-3:
    Laidlaw, Stevenson, Hanlon, Ambrose, Gray, Bartley (if fit), McGeough, SJM, Stokes, Murray, Boyle. If Bartley's not fit, I'd bring Slivka in. I think we have to play 3 though, because as good as Bartley and SJM are, they get overrun if they're left alone.

    Don't understand why Stokes hasn't played off the left more often, considering that's where he usually plays best? I'd also consider dropping Murray for Dingwall if his game doesn't pick up on Tuesday, because I don't think he's offered much of a goal threat recently. Others might see differently with me on that though.
    Whittaker looks slower than i expected (a decent bit of his game was about speed) and no better than we already have...it's early doors as he was given a chunky contract so here's hoping he picks up soon.
    follow the programme archive on twitter: http://twitter.com/hibsbollah

  35. #35
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Cragles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Genuinely don't understand what Lennon is seeing in Whittaker. Cost us at Dundee, cost us in Perth, cost us again against Motherwell. No idea why Stevenson was dropped. We know he can't cross a ball, but at least he's defensively solid. Whittaker didn't seem to want to cross the halfway line on Saturday ffs.

    I'd drop Marciano, looked a bombscare every time 'Well crossed the ball. Came for everything apart from the 1st goal, but got nothing.

    I'd play 4-3-3:
    Laidlaw, Stevenson, Hanlon, Ambrose, Gray, Bartley (if fit), McGeough, SJM, Stokes, Murray, Boyle. If Bartley's not fit, I'd bring Slivka in. I think we have to play 3 though, because as good as Bartley and SJM are, they get overrun if they're left alone.

    Don't understand why Stokes hasn't played off the left more often, considering that's where he usually plays best? I'd also consider dropping Murray for Dingwall if his game doesn't pick up on Tuesday, because I don't think he's offered much of a goal threat recently. Others might see differently with me on that though.
    Agree with most of that, especially Stokes on the left, but I'd stick with Marciano as he's our clearly first choice and needs his confidence built up.

    I'd like to see Slivka & McGeouch start alongside McGinn tomorrow, both can play and we'll have plenty of the ball.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  36. #36
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whittaker looks slower than i expected (a decent bit of his game was about speed) and no better than we already have...it's early doors as he was given a chunky contract so here's hoping he picks up soon.
    Three year deal was rash. Scott Brown year younger than Whitty and got a two years. Whitty looks rather heavy legged

  37. #37
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenpower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three year deal was rash. Scott Brown year younger than Whitty and got a two years. Whitty looks rather heavy legged
    He does. I'm hoping that's a fitness issue that can improve, but with every passing 90 minutes that seems less likely...
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  38. #38
    Radge Donator

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2457 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1011
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeZab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does. I'm hoping that's a fitness issue that can improve, but with every passing 90 minutes that seems less likely...
    I just don't think he is a defender. Look at that goal he scored against Partick Thistle..pure class.
    If/when he is played in a more advanced role this season I genuinely believe we will see the best of him.
    "I can't stress enough how important it is to be in possession of the football - it is better to be the matador rather than the bull"

    John Hughes

  39. #39
    Rock n' Roll Radge

    HibeeZab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't think he is a defender. Look at that goal he scored against Partick Thistle..pure class.
    If/when he is played in a more advanced role this season I genuinely believe we will see the best of him.
    Yeah the build up and finish was class. Perhaps a midfield role would suit him, possibly wingback where he has more license to get forward.
    We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do, and we wanna get loaded, and we wanna have a good time... That's what we're gonna do

  40. #40
    ****ed off Radge

    Hammi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3751 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    479
    I disagree that Stokes is better on the left. Didn't he want away from Celtic because he couldn't get game time as a striker. Or was that just a story?
    Anyways, he's still better through the middle and if he's playing in the middle he can hit the channels whenever he feels like it.

    I agree with the Whittaker comments pretty much though. I hope it is just a fitness issue, but I have my doubts. I think he needs his balls booted, kick some life into him. I said a few weeks ago that I thought he looked too casual. Takes too much time on the ball, doesn't really run, drifts infield when we're not in possession, underhits a lot of his passes and seems to miscontrol a lot what comes to him.

    Needs his competitive head on and I really haven't seen it yet. His time at a much higher level, competing at a higher level should give him the ability to play a more casual style, but it's not working, it's not right. Scottish football is still pretty poor but teams will chase and harass you, give you as hard a time as they can, especially against a team like us, one that on paper should beat almost all of them.


    We don't look like a team that is doing everything to win everything, we need to lose the belief that we're better than anyone until we've proven it. We've been away for a long time.


    And there should be absolutely no suggestion of us playing a weaker squad against Livingston, they are a decent side who have felt nothing other than that winning feeling in a very long time, they should genuinely fancy their chances against us and that will make them dangerous. We have to go out and perform, with a strong side! This is a competition that is there to win. 1 Scottish cup doesn't give us the right to take this as anything other than a trophy we should be aiming to win every season and making a point while doing so.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.

  41. #41
    radge grandad radge

    hibbybilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Gilmerting
    Posts
    8,869
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2459 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    1298
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I agree with the Whittaker comments pretty much though. I hope it is just a fitness issue, but I have my doubts. I think he needs his balls booted, kick some life into him. I said a few weeks ago that I thought he looked too casual. Takes too much time on the ball, doesn't really run, drifts infield when we're not in possession, underhits a lot of his passes and seems to miscontrol a lot what comes to him.



    .
    Looks like he disnae give a $#@! half the time.


    Think I might nip over to Gorgie Farm and count some Chickens before they've hatched

  42. #42
    Maple Leaf Radge
    Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    5,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    590
    It (sadly) feels as though the days of playing two wingers is pretty much over. Modern tactics seem to decree that such a system can usually be nullified. What to me is useful is having a genuine wide attacking player who can operate down both flanks depending on how the game is developing.

    I don't believe that McGeouch should ever be left out, pending being fit or protecting his fitness.Simply speaking you play your best players and he is certainly in the upper echelon of that category - an excellent and dynamic midfield player. When fit he is so influential on games.

    So a slight rethink is required as far as I am concerned. I would infer little criticism of manager Lennon however. We all speak in hindsight and he will arrive at favoured and effective formations through trial and error.

GoGO Back To Forum

Similar Threads

  1. under 20s on tuesday
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-04-14, 16:43
  2. Under 20s this Tuesday
    By Nikki in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-03-14, 09:40
  3. Who do you think will be gone by Tuesday
    By 1875hibby1875 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-08-09, 22:09
  4. Who's going to be gay on Tuesday
    By Hibees7062 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-05-06, 21:36
  5. Tuesday
    By wee 162 in forum General Hibs Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-05-06, 01:07

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •