View Poll Results: Should Both Fan Representatives Resign?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

101 87.07%
  • No

15 12.93%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Our Elected Fans Representatives Resign?

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    What a mess the game is . I decided a wee while ago not to return while Dempster remains and in all honesty i'm not missing it at all so i cant stop going because of this .
    The thing that annoys me the most is that the next team to step out of line in a similar fashion will be hammered , its a bit like the naughty songs law catching St Mirren fans out (I think it was St Mirren)

Quite a bit past it radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mess the game is . I decided a wee while ago not to return while Dempster remains and in all honesty i'm not missing it at all so i cant stop going because of this .
    The thing that annoys me the most is that the next team to step out of line in a similar fashion will be hammered , its a bit like the naughty songs law catching St Mirren fans out (I think it was St Mirren)
    It was Partick Forza.

They sang about not giving a fcuk about the Pope or the Queen or words to that effect.

Astonishingly inept application of the ban on naughty songs.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4213 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn1989 View Post
    Is there any plans for the Bounce & .Net to release a joint statement condemning the statement released by the board? I'm not a poster on .Net but I'm assuming their thoughts and feelings on the matter are the same as ours.
    I doubt there will be a statement from dotnet. Their position in the past has been that they are there to provide a platform for Hibs supporters to chat.

I've not read all the posts over there but there are a number who either support the statement or don't feel strongly enough to support an opposing view.
    Space to let

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I doubt there will be a statement from dotnet. Their position in the past has been that they are there to provide a platform for Hibs supporters to chat.

I've not read all the posts over there but there are a number who either support the statement or don't feel strongly enough to support an opposing view.
    90% perhaps?

I'm a Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3813 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shrink View Post
    It was Partick Forza.

They sang about not giving a fcuk about the Pope or the Queen or words to that effect.

Astonishingly inept application of the ban on naughty songs.
    Sh right , typical really though

Mustang Loving Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    vCash
    Checking the poll on .net it's shows

64% want an enquiry
    11% support the board
    25% not fussed

Player Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4651 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I doubt there will be a statement from dotnet. Their position in the past has been that they are there to provide a platform for Hibs supporters to chat.I've not read all the posts over there but there are a number who either support the statement or don't feel strongly enough to support an opposing view.
    Nae danger will .net issue a statement denouncing a board statement. Plus the admins over there are already telling folk to "move on, nothing to see here" and banning folk who don't agree with them or challenge their about turn on the matter.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Well, I'm not surprised and I'm not of the opinion the club have called this right.

However, I won't be boycotting our football team over this. The bottom line is that I don't support Hibs because of Rod or Leeann or any other Board member. I support the team and those who wear the glorious green and white...and the gadgey who runs the side, I guess.

I can't see how me saying "Sorry, Super, Squirrel and Stokesy Not interested in how you're getting on because Rodders and Co have decided not to pursue a matter of principle with Mordor". It's two completely separate issues for me and the team don't deserve fans turning their back on the club because of the politics of the faceless wonders running Scottish football.

However, if I were one of the two reps on the Board, I'd resign. Not that I would ever want the role in the first place. They have been shown to be a representative for the Board in the support, not a representative for the support on the Board. Clear as the ginger on the top of Murray's heid.

I will continue to back my team. If there's any way to put pressure on the powers that be as part of a joint cross-support venture with fans of most other clubs then we should see what we might do as part of that.
    Hibs are standing on the brink of history...

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Amit who was voted off the board has just tweeted his congratulations to the excellent statement put out by Aberdeen fans.

Radge Monthly Contributor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SKII View Post
    Well, I'm not surprised and I'm not of the opinion the club have called this right.

However, I won't be boycotting our football team over this. The bottom line is that I don't support Hibs because of Rod or Leeann or any other Board member. I support the team and those who wear the glorious green and white...and the gadgey who runs the side, I guess.

I can't see how me saying "Sorry, Super, Squirrel and Stokesy Not interested in how you're getting on because Rodders and Co have decided not to pursue a matter of principle with Mordor". It's two completely separate issues for me and the team don't deserve fans turning their back on the club because of the politics of the faceless wonders running Scottish football.

However, if I were one of the two reps on the Board, I'd resign. Not that I would ever want the role in the first place. They have been shown to be a representative for the Board in the support, not a representative for the support on the Board. Clear as the ginger on the top of Murray's heid.

I will continue to back my team. If there's any way to put pressure on the powers that be as part of a joint cross-support venture with fans of most other clubs then we should see what we might do as part of that.
    Agree. I shall support my team as I have done for 50 years'. The players have nothing to do with the 'politics'. I would like to see an independent enquiry regarding the governance of the SFA, rather than concentrating on Rangers. I realise they gained, but it was the governance which allowed them to profit from the 'system'. Right now I am looking forward to Saturday and hopefully three points.

Easy Now Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2022 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Amit who was voted off the board has just tweeted his congratulations to the excellent statement put out by Aberdeen fans.
    And here is that excellent statement from the Dons fans, in case anyone hasn't seen it...

In reaction to the SFA’s statement outlining their intention not to get involved in any inquiry into Rangers’ use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs), we issued the below correspondence to the SFA:

We – as Aberdeen FC’s only democratic and constituted fans’ organisation, existing to represent the views of Aberdeen supporters – would like to express our bitter disappointment at your decision not to participate in any review of Rangers’ use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

To decline an invitation made by SPFL clubs appears tantamount to a dereliction of duty.

We also find the statement you issued is close to insulting.

It could be argued that “raking over the coals” is fully justified in the circumstances. Indeed, this is an issue that has not been put to rest for any one of the six years in question and still burns brightly. Turning a blind eye to injustice damages ‘the image of the game in Scotland’ further than any enquiry ever could.

We cannot contest that ‘it will be impossible to satisfy every supporter, every club official and every member club’. In the work we do it is ever-apparent that you cannot even satisfy every Aberdeen supporter! However, our engagement with supporters and supporters groups affiliated to Aberdeen and other clubs would suggest that the vast majority would welcome an inquiry and expect the SFA to be part of it.

It is more beneficial to act on the behalf of the majority rather than drop the case altogether. Indeed, we polled our members (of which we have over 2,000) to find that over two-thirds want an inquiry. In addition, 44% of respondents would contribute financially to fund an independent review. As it is the majority view our members and the Aberdeen support, we have long taken the position that merit of the Rangers team’s success be thoroughly challenged and it is why we send this email to you.

We argue that your flagrant disregard for justice, as sought by the majority of Aberdeen supporters and those elsewhere in Scottish football, represents a complete lack of the integrity you defend at the tail of your statement and we invite you to reconsider your position on the matter.”

We await a response.

Dons Supporters Together | DST can harness the power of our support into a vibrant and powerful, collective voice

I would love it if some kind of Hibs fans group would say something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beefy View Post
    And here is that excellent statement from the Dons fans, in case anyone hasn't seen it...

In reaction to the SFA’s statement outlining their intention not to get involved in any inquiry into Rangers’ use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs), we issued the below correspondence to the SFA:

We – as Aberdeen FC’s only democratic and constituted fans’ organisation, existing to represent the views of Aberdeen supporters – would like to express our bitter disappointment at your decision not to participate in any review of Rangers’ use of Employee Benefit Trusts.

To decline an invitation made by SPFL clubs appears tantamount to a dereliction of duty.

We also find the statement you issued is close to insulting.

It could be argued that “raking over the coals” is fully justified in the circumstances. Indeed, this is an issue that has not been put to rest for any one of the six years in question and still burns brightly. Turning a blind eye to injustice damages ‘the image of the game in Scotland’ further than any enquiry ever could.

We cannot contest that ‘it will be impossible to satisfy every supporter, every club official and every member club’. In the work we do it is ever-apparent that you cannot even satisfy every Aberdeen supporter! However, our engagement with supporters and supporters groups affiliated to Aberdeen and other clubs would suggest that the vast majority would welcome an inquiry and expect the SFA to be part of it.

It is more beneficial to act on the behalf of the majority rather than drop the case altogether. Indeed, we polled our members (of which we have over 2,000) to find that over two-thirds want an inquiry. In addition, 44% of respondents would contribute financially to fund an independent review. As it is the majority view our members and the Aberdeen support, we have long taken the position that merit of the Rangers team’s success be thoroughly challenged and it is why we send this email to you.

We argue that your flagrant disregard for justice, as sought by the majority of Aberdeen supporters and those elsewhere in Scottish football, represents a complete lack of the integrity you defend at the tail of your statement and we invite you to reconsider your position on the matter.”

We await a response.

Dons Supporters Together | DST can harness the power of our support into a vibrant and powerful, collective voice

I would love it if some kind of Hibs fans group would say something similar.
    Does such a Hibs group exist? HSA are best option but perhaps they are too close to club?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Best bet (in my opinion) is for the St Pats lads to 'stimulate' the HSA into producing something similar.
    As stated by others it's the condoning of misbehaviour by the powers that be that should be the focus, not our club.
    EBTs being granted to individuals employed by other clubs seems to pass almost without comment.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think St Pats, as the largest branch, should be polling members and take the result tae the HSA and ask them tae issue a statement. If they refuse,as i suggest they might, then get together with other branches and issue one independat of the HSA. And whats happened tae the statement that Tracy and Frank were releasing, or have i missed it.I think the HSA should be contacting other fans groups to test the strength o' feeling on the whole issue o' the SFA stance as its quite obvious the clowns that run the SFA and the clubs dinnae want tae rock the boat and the only way anything will change will be if fans of all the clubs get together and put pressure on the clubs

**** The Hearts

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1611 Post(s)
    vCash
    On the case folks.

BIG G

Everyone's words of support are helping me thru this. I appreciate every comment, prayer and positive thought.

Guys and girls I can't emphasise how much your words are encouraging and helping me. This battle has barely started but I know you'll be by my side every step of the way - it's giving me great strength - Shaun 16/03/2016

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Given that they voted for it they clearly agree with the opinion, so I doubt they'll resign now. The time to do that would have been after a lone (or dual) protest vote.

From my (limited) understanding, my guess is that they were convinced by the 'legal advice' which suggested "no additional sanctions could be retrospectively applied." This may in fact be true, in that this is the strictly correct interpretation of the law which may itself be faulty. I stress "may" - there's obviously a good chance it's just a huge stitch-up.

But I'm not clear on what those sanctions are. Presumably the statement means things like title stripping etc? But then why do the comments by HMRC seem to suggest that retrospective financial sanctions are possible? And if they are, then why aren't other measures?
    so what do I know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    i may be missing something here or just plain thick but what expensive legal advice does anybody need tae look at the SFA/SPFL rules and see if theyve been breached and by who.The rules stated that all payments made to professional players HAD to be registered with both the SPL and the SFA. No legal advice needed there,the EBTs were never registered,fact.They should never have been given a UEFA licence. The SPL decided that the EBTs were legal, why? The head of registrations,Bryson advised Lord Nimmo Smith that although players were "registered imperfectly" they were eligible tae play, how does that work? I've plagiaris ed this from another site where somebody has put a lot of time going through the SFA/SPL/SPFL rule books and thats just a small sample. people are saying its time tae move on but until incompetence/corruption are rooted out it will be difficult for a lot of fans

Donator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1173 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paigntonhibby View Post
    i may be missing something here or just plain thick but what expensive legal advice does anybody need tae look at the SFA/SPFL rules and see if theyve been breached and by who.The rules stated that all payments made to professional players HAD to be registered with both the SPL and the SFA. No legal advice needed there,the EBTs were never registered,fact.They should never have been given a UEFA licence. The SPL decided that the EBTs were legal, why? The head of registrations,Bryson advised Lord Nimmo Smith that although players were "registered imperfectly" they were eligible tae play, how does that work? I've plagiaris ed this from another site where somebody has put a lot of time going through the SFA/SPL/SPFL rule books and thats just a small sample. people are saying its time tae move on but until incompetence/corruption are rooted out it will be difficult for a lot of fans
    I suppose the question of whether rules were breached is technically different to the question of whether sanctions can be retrospectively applied. But quite why the answer to the first question might be 'yes' and the second 'no' I have no idea.

Completely agree about all this "time to move on" stuff - absolute rubbish. I don't even understand the bit in the his statement that says

"The SPFL - whilst accepting that no additional sanctions can be retrospectively applied - wants an independent review into how the issue was handled. The SFA has referred a specific aspect to its compliance officer. For all of these reasons, we also do not support the letter from the SPFL calling for a further independent review."

What reasons? The legal ones that are not adequately expressed but apparently come from 'fine legal minds'? Is suppose it's just badly written, but the opinion of the SPFL would be a reason to pursue a review, surely?
    so what do I know

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash

is there any suggestion that there will be a boycott as you allude to? can't see that happening.
    until the sky turns green

Statistically Radge Admin

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    I have to say that irks me. He didn’t given any sign that he had the balls to do anything similar when he was wearing a blazer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I have to say that irks me. He didn’t given any sign that he had the balls to do anything similar when he was wearing a blazer.
    Must admit I thought much the same.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Must admit I thought much the same.
    Me too.

BTW where's the fans representatives statements?

Looks like they'll just ride this out giving absolutely no communication to those who elected them.

Their mandate now makes Theresa May look secure.

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    Me too.

Looks like they'll just ride this out giving absolutely no communication to those who elected them.

If Frank Dougan takes his own seat on saturday, I plan to ask him what went on, as I am very disappointed.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6636 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    If Frank Dougan takes his own seat on saturday, I plan to ask him what went on, as I am very disappointed.
    If you do see him can we have a special "Just back and I'll be Frank" type report please
    They're gone, not here, forgotten
    The maroon brigade now cry
    The city is now Hibernian
    The team that would not die

[© Daddy O'Hibee]

If you don’t know what introspection is, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Me too.

Not sure why the silence has been maintained; I was informed that Frank and Tracey were going to make a 'joint statement' but that was a few days ago and I expected it to be out by now.
    Perhaps there's been a change of plan.

EDIT: Oops! It's out now.
    Last edited by Sir Shrink; 14-09-17 at 22:38.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    is there any suggestion that there will be a boycott as you allude to? can't see that happening.
    I cant see there being an en masse one (and that's not what I meant) but there are definitely people saying they won't be back to see Hibs anytime soon over this. I don't understand that logic.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hi All,

Frank and I unfortunately had to take a step back from social media and the whole situation due to some abuse we were receiving. We understand there are supporters who are angry with the statement and everyone is entitled to their opinions but personal abuse is unacceptable.

Frank and I are happy to speak with anyone prior to the game on Saturday just let us know. Happy also if anyone wants to discuss over the phone. Email us your details and we will get in touch. I find these things are better face to face or by phone as posts on Social Media can often be misconstrued.

What we would like to do is apologise for the silence after we told you a statement would be out and it wasn't. The delays were quite simply as stated in Monday's statement. We hadn't been gagged as some have suggested but didn't have anything concrete to tell you. Error of judgement on our part.

If you want to discuss any other matters please do not hesitate to contact us. Our silence we feel has certainly undone a lot of good work we have put in with communication and we will work hard to restore that.

For those who have questioned how Frank and I work - Frank and I speak several times a day and work as a team. Frank receives many calls from supporters, face to face and emails whereas because I work online I can deal with all the online queries as well as emails and face to face. This works well for us and think we compliment each other. We are always well aware of what the other is doing and dealing with.

Our emails again are:

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk
    tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    I cant see there being an en masse one (and that's not what I meant) but there are definitely people saying they won't be back to see Hibs anytime soon over this. I don't understand that logic.
    It's mental isn't it?

Some folk seem to just jump on any reason to have a dig at 'their club'.

Weirdos.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    It's mental isn't it?

Some folk seem to just jump on any reason to have a dig at 'their club'.

Weirdos.
    can understand why folk were raging after that pitiful statement from Hibs.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi All,

Frank and I unfortunately had to take a step back from social media and the whole situation due to some abuse we were receiving. We understand there are supporters who are angry with the statement and everyone is entitled to their opinions but personal abuse is unacceptable.

Frank and I are happy to speak with anyone prior to the game on Saturday just let us know. Happy also if anyone wants to discuss over the phone. Email us your details and we will get in touch. I find these things are better face to face or by phone as posts on Social Media can often be misconstrued.

What we would like to do is apologise for the silence after we told you a statement would be out and it wasn't. The delays were quite simply as stated in Monday's statement. We hadn't been gagged as some have suggested but didn't have anything concrete to tell you. Error of judgement on our part.

If you want to discuss any other matters please do not hesitate to contact us. Our silence we feel has certainly undone a lot of good work we have put in with communication and we will work hard to restore that.

For those who have questioned how Frank and I work - Frank and I speak several times a day and work as a team. Frank receives many calls from supporters, face to face and emails whereas because I work online I can deal with all the online queries as well as emails and face to face. This works well for us and think we compliment each other. We are always well aware of what the other is doing and dealing with.

Our emails again are:

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Sorry Tracey if you are receiving personal abuse. There's no justification whatsoever for that. I recognise absolutely that you have a genuine love and passion for the club. And furthermore that you've carried out your boardroom role with much enthusiasm.

However, I stand by my opening post in that I feel both you and Frank should resign. You've failed to do what you were elected to do. You have disregarded the majority view of the supporters who elected you.

The poll on this thread highlights that you've lost our support and the positions of yourself and Frank is untenable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Sorry Tracey if you are receiving personal abuse. There's no justification whatsoever for that. I recognise absolutely that you have a genuine love and passion for the club. And furthermore that you've carried out your boardroom role with much enthusiasm.

However, I stand by my opening post in that I feel both you and Frank should resign. You've failed to do what you were elected to do. You have disregarded the majority view of the supporters who elected you.

The poll on this thread highlights that you've lost our support and the positions of yourself and Frank is untenable.
    I agree about the abuse Smurf.

Radge Private Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1780 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hi All,

so when is your statement coming out?

Radge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5547 Post(s)
    vCash
    I can't see a statement?
    nil satis nisi optimum

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    I agree about the abuse Smurf.
    And I disagree with the abuse given to Rodders on this thread too. However, I'm now uncomfortable with his SFA role...

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hi All,

Our emails again are:

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

That's a lot of words to say not very much. It does not address why the fans reps took it upon themselves to vote in agreement with the board to take a decision that flies in the face of the views of a significant number of the fans you purport to represent.

At some point you're going to have to address this to us online because there's a lot of fans who are unable to take the matter up face to face. I count myself in that group because I won't be back following Scottish football under the present circumstances.

This is the most biting question that needs to be answered honestly and unequivocally without recourse to the corporate bull$#@! we've been subjected to from the SFA board and now the Hibs board.

Please don't take this personally, it's not meant to be.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875 View Post
    I can't see a statement?
    Some cynical fans would suggest that all we have is a scripted response courteousy of David Forsyth.

Not me likes, obviously.

Any kind of personal abuse is unacceptable Tracey. I certainly condemn that.

I’m extremely disappointed with both yourself and Frank, I think you both have a long road back to gain the trust and good faith of the wider support after what I perceive as a grave error of judgement.

Hey Ho you make your calls and we all move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    And I disagree with the abuse given to Rodders on this thread too. However, I'm now uncomfortable with his SFA role...

Agreed.

The historical lies about Rodders and his creaming off the profits etc etc always got my goat............................. but I'd like to know more about his role in the SFA vis-à-vis Rangers/The Rangers.

My gut feeling is that Rodders is indeed an honest bloke - I fell for his 'integrity is beyond purchase' and I would be really annoyed if he has sold the jerseys.
    I still think he (and the rest of the Board) have taken a pragmatic view that paying lawyers huge sums of money will simply result in "No change" and that's why they have acceded to a 'fcuk it - let's learn and get on with it' approach.

But I'd really like to be re-assured that my gut is correct!

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agm should be a scream though

Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1649 Post(s)
    vCash
    Agreed.

The historical lies about Rodders and his creaming off the profits etc etc always got my goat............................. but I'd like to know more about his role in the SFA vis-à-vis Rangers/The Rangers.

My gut feeling is that Rodders is indeed an honest bloke - I fell for his 'integrity is beyond purchase' and I would be really annoyed if he has sold the jerseys.
    I still think he (and the rest of the Board) have taken a pragmatic view that paying lawyers huge sums of money will simply result in "No change" and that's why they have acceded to a 'fcuk it - let's learn and get on with it' approach.

But I'd really like to be re-assured that my gut is correct!
    Dinnae gie them ideas. They'll think the wording of your post would give them a 'Get out of jail free' card to play.
    'Live Long and Prosper........unless you're a Gunt' - said Mr Spock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Apparently we aren't going to be served pies this time.

Instead we each get a marshmallow.

No idea why.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    They'll announce something and that'll be that...

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    I think Rodders role is untenable now, the timing of hibs response to come out against Celtic and first in support of the sfa was extremely out of touch with hibs fans.

Hibs didn’t need to take a position and it could have petered out. We certainly didn’t need to come out first. Taking sides with rangers and the sfa was spectacularly arrogant of rod and Leeann some might say.

Sporting integrity is beyond purchase, we’ll it clearly isn’t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Dinnae gie them ideas. They'll think the wording of your post would give them a 'Get out of jail free' card to play.
    If I was capable of producing such a card, I wouldn't have spent an uncomfortable spell in the cells in Govan nick.

Freezing cold, nae shoes, a thin blanket, and having to listen to my neighbours singing "The Sash" for hours.

It got even worse when the occupants of the adjoining cells joined in with the cops singing.

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)
    vCash
    Some cynical fans would suggest that all we have is a scripted response courteousy of David Forsyth.

Not me likes, obviously.

Any kind of personal abuse is unacceptable Tracey. I certainly condemn that.

I’m extremely disappointed with both yourself and Frank, I think you both have a long road back to gain the trust and good faith of the wider support after what I perceive as a grave error of judgement.

Hey Ho you make your calls and we all move on.
    You're slipping Bobster.

The P&G I know would have been more bothered by the fact someone doesn't know the difference between complement and compliment.

The thought of our two reps phoning each other daily to say lovely things to each other is amusing though.

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    Cannae believe I missed that

But.

I can’t get that image out of my head.

🤣

You're slipping Bobster.

The P&G I know would have been more bothered by the fact someone doesn't know the difference between complement and compliment.

The thought of our two reps phoning each other day to say lovely things to each other is amusing though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6340 Post(s)
    vCash
    You're slipping Bobster.

The thought of our two reps phoning each other day to say lovely things to each other is amusing though.
    I noted that too.

Apparently the line between the two words has been blurred due to so many folk not knowing the difference.

Soon text speak will become de rigueur.

OMG

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1511 Post(s)
    vCash
    I noted that too.

Apparently the line between the two words has been blurred due to so many folk not knowing the difference.

Soon text speak will become de rigueur.

OMG
    Reported.

Radge Private Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6484 Post(s)
    vCash
    You're slipping Bobster.

The thought of our two reps phoning each other daily to say lovely things to each other is amusing though.
    Shirt!

On holiday Radge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    vCash
    This "statement" fails to address the issues raised out of this mess. I'm no bothered about title stripping etc, but any game has to be transparent. Scottish football isn't, yet had a chance to become so. In one swoop, Hibs became part of the problem rather than part of the solution. There is a lot that folk can put up with (that maybe they shouldn't) in the game, but lack of integrity and trust in the authorities should be a cornerstone of the sport. I can't see past that.

Radge Donator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    vCash
    Hi All,Frank and I unfortunately had to take a step back from social media and the whole situation due to some abuse we were receiving. We understand there are supporters who are angry with the statement and everyone is entitled to their opinions but personal abuse is unacceptable.Frank and I are happy to speak with anyone prior to the game on Saturday just let us know. Happy also if anyone wants to discuss over the phone. Email us your details and we will get in touch. I find these things are better face to face or by phone as posts on Social Media can often be misconstrued. What we would like to do is apologise for the silence after we told you a statement would be out and it wasn't. The delays were quite simply as stated in Monday's statement. We hadn't been gagged as some have suggested but didn't have anything concrete to tell you. Error of judgement on our part. If you want to discuss any other matters please do not hesitate to contact us. Our silence we feel has certainly undone a lot of good work we have put in with communication and we will work hard to restore that. For those who have questioned how Frank and I work - Frank and I speak several times a day and work as a team. Frank receives many calls from supporters, face to face and emails whereas because I work online I can deal with all the online queries as well as emails and face to face. This works well for us and think we compliment each other. We are always well aware of what the other is doing and dealing with. Our emails again are:fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uktsmith@hibernianfc.co.ukSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firstly personal abuse is unacceptable but you have been very quiet for a few weeks before the statement came out. Frank is non existent on social media despite his pre election statement.Out of interest is it a few inappropriate comments?This statement doesn't tell us anything about fans directors role or your stance on the EBT saga.This for me is a David Forsyth communication

GoGO Back To Forum